Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Feels Villeneuve posted:

the trump thread has once again has harassed a queer woman into silence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Soul Dentist posted:

The epilepsy thread is in GiP because it was enough of a derail in a GiP Current Events thread that posters encouraged the person to start a thread

Huh, fair enough! This forum is a rich tapestry.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
epileptic SWAT guy

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Throwing flash grenades one by one at five-second intervals

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Stux posted:

wot would this even entail lol

it calls the police if you play a video game

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

VostokProgram posted:

it calls the police if you play a video game

theres a mod that lets you order a pizza in oblivion... perhaps this is similar

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
I'm permabanned poster HomieStomper58...

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

the GiP epilepsy thread

GiPilepsy

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Stux posted:

wot would this even entail lol

turning off her monitor

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Get on easy bots or your a fake gamer

I’ll play Dota only if it’s against people bro. This is your final warning.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Roth posted:

It's about ethics in seizure having

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

I'd like to update this to Dizzy GiPilepsy.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

The epilepsy foundation suggests strobing lights (in the context of fire and other emergency lights) be kept to under 2 hertz with occasional breaks, which is this fast:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOD6ut_Mfzs

I don't know how fast the sig was but I'm just posting this in the interests of having some actual information from a real organisation.

The link to the epilepsy foundation page has some other recommendations about what precautions people should take when watching TV or playing video games.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Metis of the Chat Thread posted:

The epilepsy foundation suggests strobing lights (in the context of fire and other emergency lights) be kept to under 2 hertz with occasional breaks, which is this fast:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOD6ut_Mfzs

I don't know how fast the sig was but I'm just posting this in the interests of having some actual information from a real organisation.

The link to the epilepsy foundation page has some other recommendations about what precautions people should take when watching TV or playing video games.

it wasnt that fast

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Wormskull posted:

I’ll play Dota only if it’s against people bro. This is your final warning.

Should get the boys back together, so we can all leave as soon as the game ends without saying anything to each other.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

MarcusSA posted:

Some reviewer claimed she had a seizure not once but twice because of that part.

She claimed that the seizures were so bad that they knocked her out for the rest of the day each time.

People rightfully asked why if her seizures are that bad doesn’t she have any preventative measures installed on her computer but there was nothing more on that.

Just giving my self two major seizures for the sake of games journalism.

She did actually have preventative measures:

https://www.gameinformer.com/2020/12/07/cyberpunk-2077-epileptic-psa posted:

My monitor has an "eye-saving mode" that dims the blue light in my screen that I often use to help with things like this, and that has helped immensely.

The article seems more geared towards explaining to people with photosensitivity what might be triggering in the game rather than criticising the game, and she played it because she wanted to despite knowing it would trigger her. It feels pretty evenhanded.

quote:

During my time with Cyberpunk 2077, I suffered one major seizure and felt several moments where I was close to another one. I kept going because I made that decision to, and I feel like that decision helped me sort of slap together a small little guide for players wanting to take part in this game for fear of missing out.

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

it wasnt that fast

That's good then!

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
i dont remember what the sig said something something about homos and linking to ohtorio's cspam thread that is about being gay it was flashing but not flashing fast it was annoying but it was not annoying to a fatal level

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

the sig was def faster but also i doont think anyone w that tyoe of photosensitivity is browsing with gifs and videos just autoplaying. it is funny howoever everyone has interalised what boba said and not reevaluated considering what happened later lol

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Stux posted:

the sig was def faster but also i doont think anyone w that tyoe of photosensitivity is browsing with gifs and videos just autoplaying. it is funny howoever everyone has interalised what boba said and not reevaluated considering what happened later lol

She lied about literally everything...But this? I trust her.

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder
the big thing you could likely have knocked the sig for before wrt epilepsy was it flashed between 2 different colors, and repeating patterns can trigger seizures. it now no longer does this. i dont care about whatever dumb crap the ik is doing because even if i did cspam will just pick the next guy exactly identical to the first one regardless. that said, i do think its really lame to bring up the specter of an actual medical issue to complain about a sig that has the word homo in it (so noncontentious it is literally in my username) and fag (possibly contentious but also it was a link to the gay thread. gets a pass imo)

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Stux posted:

Extremely plausible neurological health advice from someone who later claimed a mysterious health event had cured her colorblindness

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

This discussion is somehow more AIDS than mobas

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
i only played a moba once and got called the n word immediately it was pretty cool

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Stux posted:

lol yeah

I recently remembered an interaction I had with her where she really confidently stated something as fact and linked a video that proved it, and then I watched the video and it proved absolutely nothing. I posted that, and then she responded by saying "wow does that mean literally no one else watched it to check? how embarrassing for you all"

At this point I doubt that she even knew any clowns

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
i might have played early access for some dc moba and the witcher moba but i dont remember anything funny about those

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

i only played a moba once and got called the n word immediately it was pretty cool

speedrunning slur%

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

Nice av

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Some of those who play mobas,
Are the same who repost Boba’s

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

You know what they say. Takes one to know one.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

lol yeah

I recently remembered an interaction I had with her where she really confidently stated something as fact and linked a video that proved it, and then I watched the video and it proved absolutely nothing. I posted that, and then she responded by saying "wow does that mean literally no one else watched it to check? how embarrassing for you all"

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Smirking_Serpent posted:

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

logging on if anyone is down

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Smirking_Serpent posted:

MY PMS, GOT SLURS
I'M BOBA, THE PEARL

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Should get the boys back together, so we can all leave as soon as the game ends without saying anything to each other.

This.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

*signs off mid Push-to-Sigh*

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be

Lmao

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Stux posted:

lmao. renegade option posting

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Looks like Ohtori got roboprobed without WrasslorMonkey noticing her sig changed

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

automated chain probes feels like an overreach on an IK's part

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Runa posted:

Looks like Ohtori got roboprobed without WrasslorMonkey noticing her sig changed

Another automation success story