Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daner T
Dec 24, 2004
I just started playing when the Ruan Mei character came out. Somehow got her with the free 10 premium tickets you get for logging in. So I've saved up all the game progress/story jades. I got Kafka and a Bronya in about 50 pulls? Yangqing was my free 50 5* and I got another of him from just random normal tickets. So 3 5* in one day, hooray!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Is Topaz better with Ratio or Clara? And if I forgo a sustain for all 3, what would be the best support to slot in, Ruan Mei?

shrach
Jan 10, 2004

daylight ssssaving time

GoodluckJonathan posted:

Did y'all see Acheron got an updated kit? She now no longer uses energy and is all about applying a "flowers" effect to enemies and then ulting when she has applied enough stacks. She also gets a damage bonus per Nihility person on the team(up to two). I'm honestly confused about who is going to be her best team. Maybe SW, Kafka and Bailu(to ensure SW inflicts lightning weakness)? Does this mean I need to pull for Kafka? :(

I just assume Acheron is going to be super revised before release, seems too wild. Wouldn't have any synergies with units that give energy, via skills or light cones. Wouldn't get energy from being hit, obviously wouldn't need er rope. Nearly all the current nihility light cones seem weird, presumably wouldn't need ehr because flowers not being guaranteed would be terrible. I want to know more though because I'm in the market for some lightning damage and looking at Kafka this patch, maybe Jing Yuan rerun next patch, outside possibility of my maybe preferred choice Acheron in 2.1... I think we get the 2.1 drip marketing before the preview for 2.0 right?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

yaaaay free dr rat

Ubersandwich
Jun 1, 2003

Meowywitch posted:

yaaaay free dr rat

Ha! That's what I call him to myself, too.

I pulled on Kafka because I am weak in Lightning and really don't have a DOT team built. It also allowed me to grab Himeko from the 300 pick. I know have A TON of character building to do. I want to get Kafka up and then it looks like Sampo is a good partner for her? That would work good for me, too, as Lightning and Wind are elements I lack in DPS units. Also it looks like Guen and Serval can work, too?

I'm curious about the good Dr's fitting best with Topaz. I run Topaz and Clara as my 'B Team', not sure if I want to mix that up... or perhaps put him in when I need coverage for Fire and Imaginary.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Dazerbeams posted:

Is Topaz better with Ratio or Clara? And if I forgo a sustain for all 3, what would be the best support to slot in, Ruan Mei?

Ratio. Topaz benefits from targeted follow-ups.

Ratio/Kafka >Clara/Jing Yuan >Himeko >Herta

Himeko might be on the same level as Clara and Jing Yuan. She's the one follow-up character I don't have.

Edit: Unless you're asking who Topaz makes a better support for. And the answer is still Ratio, but she's a great support for Clara.

Bad Video Games fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Jan 17, 2024

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
I don't really see how Kafka is a better pair for Topaz than Clara. Sure, there's a bit of RNG involved with Clara, but a possible 2/3 FUAs on the target with her Ult still seems like a better deal to feed Numby than one per turn, period, with Kafka.

Unless we're talking about fire weakness enemies? Or doing Critka so we're using Topaz for the FUA debuff?

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Dazerbeams posted:

I'm planning on just bringing whichever matches the enemy weaknesses. For enemies that are weak to both physical and imaginary I'll bring Clara if there's lots of adds, and Ratio if there isn't.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

delfin posted:

Hey, a new event! Let's see...

"Step 1: Fight a majorly-buffed Deer."

:negative:

stomp stomp motherfucker

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Tree Reformat posted:

I don't really see how Kafka is a better pair for Topaz than Clara. Sure, there's a bit of RNG involved with Clara, but a possible 2/3 FUAs on the target with her Ult still seems like a better deal to feed Numby than one per turn, period, with Kafka.

Unless we're talking about fire weakness enemies? Or doing Critka so we're using Topaz for the FUA debuff?

It's a matter of speed tuning, which I generally hate. Have 2 sp positive supports and make sure Kafka and Topaz move in the second and third positions. It also helps to have your sustain in the Healer set for more sp.

So the rotation goes:

- Basic on target with Proof of Debt >Kafka follow-up > Numby
- Kafka skill
- Topaz skill
- Basic attack on PoD >Kafka >Numby
- Repeat

It allows for more potential Numby hits in a cycle, and you can spread Kafka's shock around so that she's the source of her own DoT.

Of course, my favorite version of this is Topaz, Kafka, and Clara. It's fun.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

Dazerbeams posted:

i would probably just move around the characters based on the weaknesses for whatever enemies you're fighting. if you're just trying to construct a theoretically optimal team i wouldn't put topaz and ratio together unless you have topaz e1 and would instead do something like clara/ruan mei/topaz/support and put ratio with like, bronya+debuffer. kinda depends what roster you're working with of course.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Bronya and SW would be sick. I might have a second team to occasionally use Bronya with.

Kale
May 14, 2010

I got a Gepard in like 30 pulls so off 50/50 and also bought an express supply pass too. Guess I'll target Kafka since I never got her the first time since hadn't fully adopted the game. No Ruan Mei ultimately though but theres always the rerun.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

rio posted:

I lost my 50/50 on Ruan Mei which really hurt, for e2 Welt at that (between Welt and Bailu it’s all I get…including their LCs). I’m really hoping that means my luck will be better pulling for Dr Ratio’s LC. I am only a few pulls away so will find out soon.

I *really* want that LC. Having invested pretty heavily in Topaz I am already enjoying Dr Ratio even though he’s only lvl 70 with lvl 6-7 talents. But his LC looks crazy, like more benefits than supports can even give. Just putting it out into the ether that I need this string of bad luck to end.

It is a good day to be a Topaz enjoyer either way though.

i dunno seemed pretty easy to me

(this is tongue in cheek as i was bitching about pure fiction before) My team was fu xuan, ruan mei, silver wolf and seele. being able to time one shotting those stupid branches and ulting with silver wolf was huge since he instant summons the branches once his turn goes. One time I actually killed a branch with an ult between the first and second half of his turn and he just instant summoned it then, completely negating what i had just done.

Anwyway I didn't really have anything saved up so looks like I'm taking the long road to kafka.

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

I just wanted E4 Sushang and I keep pulling copies of Hook and Natasha instead :mad:. I did get my first copy of grandpa Welt though and I wanted him.

I am completely out of exp books. It is bullshit that the calyx only gives like 6 books.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Garrand posted:

(this is tongue in cheek as i was bitching about pure fiction before) My team was fu xuan, ruan mei, silver wolf and seele. being able to time one shotting those stupid branches and ulting with silver wolf was huge since he instant summons the branches once his turn goes. One time I actually killed a branch with an ult between the first and second half of his turn and he just instant summoned it then, completely negating what i had just done.

Similar experience except my team was FX/Bronya/Ruan Mei/Jingliu. Including the annoying resummoning of the branches, though that ate up the deer's actions as well.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 4 days!)

Dazerbeams posted:

Clara for AoE, Ratio if your going all in on the big boss and ignoring adds. They're equal for me. I pick depending on enemy weakness.
I need at least one sustain or Fu Xuan/Gepard tier tank though, cause Topaz and Ratio are squishy at hell. They barely get above 3.5k hp

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

glad I don't feel the need to throw silver in for debuffs, cause just about anything in the game counts as a debuff lol.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I got my Ratio, but I can only get him to level 60. I spent too many resources on Sampo and Herta. But I have acceptable relics in the right sets for him, so all of my farming gets to be for relic and xp mats. He'll be ready to rock next week. :)

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I feel bad for Mr. Ratio but he's number 3 on my leveling list behind Serval and Herta. Also, why do we call him Mr. Ratio in our texts? Yes a dog defeated him in a debate but...

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

I just wanted E4 Sushang and I keep pulling copies of Hook and Natasha instead :mad:. I did get my first copy of grandpa Welt though and I wanted him.

I am completely out of exp books. It is bullshit that the calyx only gives like 6 books.

i love my e6 10/10/10 sushang just chickening losers left and right

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
No idea how the new event works, but I auto-battled it with the trial characters + Ruan Mei/Lynx and got SS Rank on the first try, so...cool!

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Garrand posted:

Anwyway I didn't really have anything saved up so looks like I'm taking the long road to kafka.

I'm honestly unsure why they gave you SW there. Seele makes sense given the gimmick of only being break-vulnerable immediately after killing an enemy, but what exactly does SW accomplish there when they're all weak to quantum already? I feel like having a free built Xueyi would've been way more fun.

I just did it with Topaz and Himeko though.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

qbert posted:

No idea how the new event works, but I auto-battled it with the trial characters + Ruan Mei/Lynx and got SS Rank on the first try, so...cool!

Hah. I just tried that and got 3320, which is good since my previous attempt with my own units barely cracked 1500, and my first attempt had scored 120.

I may have to pull for Ratio's LC, as I've discovered that the only spare Hunt LC I have lying around is River Flows in Spring.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
They give you trial characters for a reason. Generally they are optimized for the gimmick. I was wondering why they included SW just now, but she certainly isn't bad here either.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Jan 17, 2024

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I'm going to try my own characters first. Probably Pela, Quinque, Topaz, and Luocha/Fu Xuan.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

I used Argenti SW Tingyun and Huohuo and got SS somehow. I chose the perk that gives energy upon enemy defeat so Argenti was just ulting constantly. SW resistance gacha kind of sucked - got phys resist on the boss’ first form but couldn’t get it on the second. Probably could have not brought SW and just put in Hanya instead. Poor Seele; I haven’t used her in a long time.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
They give you SW because her primary usage is actually her massive Resistance and Defense shredding rather than weakness implant.

Meowywitch posted:

yaaaay free dr rat

Wait till you find out the Dr. Ratio x Aventurine ship name

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012

Eej posted:

the push to rename it is some no fun allowed kind of poo poo

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Eej posted:

MNSNTZR posted:

the push to rename it is some no fun allowed kind of poo poo

Well? What's the name?

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

RatUrine.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

who the heck is adventurine

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Got the Dr. Ratio for free but had to spend a little money to get Ratio's lightcone because I just can't help myself if it's the best in slot for a limited character by a mile

Now I sleep until Sparkle, if she's actually a needle-mover for my mono-quantum team

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Meowywitch posted:

who the heck is adventurine

the guy topaz was calling at the end of her story quest. theres a few mentions of him in game.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Eej posted:

They give you SW because her primary usage is actually her massive Resistance and Defense shredding rather than weakness implant.

Yeah, turns out setting Seele up for 100% defense shred/ignore rules. :getin:

I also got like 3100-ish with a level 75 Dr. Ratio instead of my Seele. :v:

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
I've only seen aventio on twitter but I don't follow a lot of hsr content sooo

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

They're both smarmy fucks (affectionate), RatUrine is 100% the correct name

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I'm pretty sure there's at least a 50% chance of a relic's final substat being flat def if it doesn't already have flat def.

Can't count the number of times I've thought "bet it's gonna be flat def" and then it is.

I just used a resin to make an Imaginary Damage orb for Dr. Ratio. Starts with HP%/ATK%/DEF%. Not great, but at least the ATK% is good. 4th substat is flat DEF!

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

My Dr.Ratio, I think I got a good balance of stats that I wanted

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012

Endorph posted:

the guy topaz was calling at the end of her story quest. theres a few mentions of him in game.

pun unintended, i’m waiting to see where the dice rolls on him being kaeya with terrible fashion sense personality-wise

… gently caress, i hope the hat comes off