Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Obama looks so bad right now tbh I don't know if he makes it to 70. Especially given he was a smoker for like 30 years

Smoking always feels so weird to me, it's like you smoke for 5 years in your 20s and you get COPD and throat cancer at 57 or you are 98 sitting in a wheelchair in a nursing home parking lot asking why god hasn't just dragged you to hell already as you open your second pack of the day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

The think I keep thinking is all of these trials must be making that baboon heart have a real workout which means it will get weaker

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
Is that the point of all the trials? To get Rump's heart to explode? :tinfoil:

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Outpost22 posted:

Is that the point of all the trials? To get Rump's heart to explode? :tinfoil:

Judges were out here playing 4d chess all along.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

hmm wonder why this is trending

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Obama looks so bad right now tbh I don't know if he makes it to 70. Especially given he was a smoker for like 30 years

He looks fine...?

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

PainterofCrap posted:

He looks fine...?

I also think he looks fine, not the youngest 62 out there, but nowhere even near the worst.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
Obama's falling into that Netflix money which will surely give him some youth

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Three Olives posted:

Smoking always feels so weird to me, it's like you smoke for 5 years in your 20s and you get COPD and throat cancer at 57 or you are 98 sitting in a wheelchair in a nursing home parking lot asking why god hasn't just dragged you to hell already as you open your second pack of the day.

My uncle started smoking as a teenager and smoked into his late 60s when his second wife finally convinced him to quit. A few years later he developed fatal lung cancer, one of the only lung cancers with no known link to smoking. My dude, I bed you wished you had smoke some more cigarets, don't you?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

MrQwerty posted:

She totally acknowledged, in an interview like last week, "I got hired as his lawyer because I'm hot"
well, it was that or admit she auditioned for the job by dishonestly tricking a sexual harassment victim into signing an illegal nda

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Every time trump describes his dementia test it gets funnier.

Soon it is going to be telling the difference between a person, a woman, a man, a camera, and a TV

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

kazil posted:

hmm wonder why this is trending

Everyone who still uses Twitter has some kind of terminal brainrot?

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

The best part is the implication of, "I bet none of you dipshits could pick out the whale, and that's why only I can fix America"

nobodygetshurt
Dec 11, 2007

Post itt every time Trump can tell a giraffe from a whale.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

MrQwerty posted:

The best part is the implication of, "I bet none of you dipshits could pick out the whale, and that's why only I can fix America"

Given the crowds he is speaking in front of he’s not wrong

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

MrQwerty posted:

"Also, they asked me a basic math question. You wouldn't believe how difficult." "So, like, calculate the volume of a sphere in your head?" "Oh god no, it wasn't anything easy like that, they asked me to divide a number."

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting
This is your annual reminder to the latest 'outraged over Trump's behaviour' posts that he is a malignant narcissist who got the world to change to what he wanted or had it happen in a way he could lie about it whose brain is becoming pudding, and that he will not stop doing this stuff because he literally cannot. He probably couldn't, sooner or later, even if you held a gun to his head 24/7 and told him the first time he hosed up, he was dead. The man is not worth devoting any emotional energy to.

(Circumstances where Trump and more accurately his knock on effects have negatively affected you or someone you care about excluded, of course.)

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

When I was in middle school some administrators came and got me for a special test, they asked me poo poo like what these animals are and where's the square, rectangle, and I aced that poo poo and got to stay in my special classes.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

These people aren't even voting in the election.

They are voting for who their party will tell them to vote for in the election.

And they aren't voting because their vote is needed, or valued. The bloke they are voting for is already winning by lots, and they could have stayed home with a mug of tea, and they would have changed nothing.

Oh, and Trump still wouldn't give them the time of day.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Goddammit I just watched a Norm MacDonald interview with Larry King from 2016 and he’s talking about how he thinks Trump would be a good president

Like, I know John Lydon is a MAGA shithead who loving sold his soul years ago but Norm?

I guess if you’re a celebrity with a lot of money you’ll just support the candidate less likely to raise your taxes

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

CannonFodder posted:

But it will look good on her resume!

"I argued in front of many US Federal judges and brought cases to the Supreme Court of the US!"

"What were the rulings in those cases?"

"That is not relevant!"

I mean, it worked for Ted Cruz.

Really reminds me of that Lionel Hutz line.

"I've argued in front of every judge in this state. Often as a lawyer."

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Cat Hassler posted:

Goddammit I just watched a Norm MacDonald interview with Larry King from 2016 and he’s talking about how he thinks Trump would be a good president

Like, I know John Lydon is a MAGA shithead who loving sold his soul years ago but Norm?

I guess if you’re a celebrity with a lot of money you’ll just support the candidate less likely to raise your taxes

Norm was also a hardcore fundie Christian who, and I may be misquoting him "didn't believe in science."

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.

vaginite posted:

When I was in middle school some administrators came and got me for a special test, they asked me poo poo like what these animals are and where's the square, rectangle, and I aced that poo poo and got to stay in my special classes.

Did you happen to take a short sized bus to school?

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

BrigadierSensible posted:

Norm was also a hardcore fundie Christian who, and I may be misquoting him "didn't believe in science."

With Norm it was hard to tell where the shitposting stops and the actual sincerely-held beliefs begin. He said a lot of stuff just because it got a rise out of interviewers.

Cliche Guevara
Dec 12, 2005
whistlebritches
Norm was good about being under the radar about his beliefs, unlike most people. He was just drat good at his comedy and didn’t let it bleed over into public perception, so good in fact that his… thoughts on female comics even managed to not get him cancelled for being jerky.

edit: But hey he’s dead, so lol

Cliche Guevara fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Jan 18, 2024

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Jesus Christ

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1747751997938254121?s=20

quote:

Today, the State Board of Education implemented strict regulations to limit the use of public funds for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) programs, activities, and policies in the Florida College System (FCS).

The rule adopted by the Board defined, for the first time, DEI and affirmatively prohibits FCS institutions from using state or federal funds to administer programs that categorize individuals based on race or sex for the purpose of differential or preferential treatment.

The Board’s decision will ensure that taxpayer funds can no longer be used to promote DEI on Florida’s 28 state college campuses.

The State Board of Education also replaced the course “Principles of Sociology” with a comprehensive general education core course in American History.

The aim is to provide students with an accurate and factual account of the nation’s past, rather than exposing them to radical woke ideologies, which had become commonplace in the now replaced course.

“Higher education must return to its essential foundations of academic integrity and the pursuit of knowledge instead of being corrupted by destructive ideologies,” said Florida Commissioner of Education Manny Diaz, Jr.

“These actions today ensure that we will not spend taxpayers’ money supporting DEI and radical indoctrination that promotes division in our society.”

Florida remains committed to providing our students with a world-class education rooted in the pursuit of truth, rather than biased indoctrination.

Stunt-Puffin
May 19, 2023

I remember seeing Norm commenting on how he didn't care for it when other comedians joked about Christianity. Like that was something that crossed a line for him. Made me cringe to hear.

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

Outpost22 posted:

Did you happen to take a short sized bus to school?

No it was a big ol' bus BEEP BEEP! Mr. Andrews the driver let me drive it one time, I wasn't actually driving tho my mom told me later but it was fun!

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Cliche Guevara posted:

Norm always was under the radar about his beliefs, like a lot of people - that is, if your talent outweighs anyone willing to question it. He did a great job of not letting it bleed into his comedy. He also had some not-so-positive thoughts about female comics - even though he wrote for the “Roseanne” in the 90s.

I think as far as anyone could tell he was legitimately pretty libertarian, in a the government can just gently caress off and leave people alone type way, rather than the more usually GOP companies are brilliant and left to their own devices will solve everything type way, or creepy why do we need these age of consent laws anyway type way.

Stunt-Puffin posted:

I remember seeing Norm commenting on how he didn't care for it when other comedians joked about Christianity. Like that was something that crossed a line for him. Made me cringe to hear.

Particularly when his whole thing was just crossing any lines he stumbled upon.

dr_rat fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Jan 18, 2024

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I think Drew Carey was the libertarian comedian who had the realization that "Oh wait we actually need some of this stuff", but it could have been someone else.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
the thing about norm is he would lie constantly if he thought it was funny. even about things that absolutely don't matter, like making up a different birthday whenever he was asked.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Christopher Rufo making Florida a sanctuary state for mediocre white boys.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Stunt-Puffin posted:

I think a lot of us are just so attached to rear end in a top hat conservative ideology being tied to religion, like, even on like the mainstream tolerant side that we forget that there are religious people just kind of doing their own thing.

My husband is completely non-religious, as I am and I remember going over to his parents for the first time and being like "Uh, why are there bible verses everywhere, you never mentioned that your family is really religious, was that not difficult for you growing up as a gay kid?"

"What, no, my mother hates organized religion, we never went to church, she loves you as my partner, like, she is not even pretending, she wants us to be gay and happy. She just likes to pray sometimes."

It felt so weird, I had never considered the idea that there were people that were both super religious and also like, gently caress the church, every last one of them, and I love my gay son and his husband."

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

Stink Billyums posted:

the thing about norm is he would lie constantly if he thought it was funny. even about things that absolutely don't matter, like making up a different birthday whenever he was asked.
wait a second, are you telling me that comedian Norm MacDonald did not actually think that Adolf Hitler was a compelling figure with a hypnotic gaze that would make him fall in love with the man with his big beautiful ocean eyes when he said that?

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

On the other side

https://twitter.com/madkisonews/status/1747713737115750516?s=20

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

mannerup posted:

wait a second, are you telling me that comedian Norm MacDonald did not actually think that Adolf Hitler was a compelling figure with a hypnotic gaze that would make him fall in love with the man with his big beautiful ocean eyes when he said that?
i gotta read up about this adolf hitler guy

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

Norm McDonald is dead? I am always finding out about these celebrity deaths in this thread of all places.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Ghostlight posted:

i gotta read up about this adolf hitler guy

I tried, but after a while of searching the internet all I could find on the internet about him was mannerup talking about him having lovely big beautiful ocean eyes. Honestly I think mannerup may just be talking about some random male model they know or something? :shurg:

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

IncredibleIgloo posted:

Norm McDonald is dead? I am always finding out about these celebrity deaths in this thread of all places.
I didn't even know he was sick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Hey remember when Dave Chappelle was all "let's give Trump a chance" right after he was elected in 2016