Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009

cruft posted:

Did I tell y'all that when we bought the LEAF they scotch taped the temporary license plate to the inside of the rear window against the heating wires?

When I took it off, it broke the fragile little conductive lines that make up the rear window defroster. I tried repairing it, but it's still broken.

I had to ask the used dealer not to do that on the Bolt and they were like, "what? that's a thing?" They handed it to me and I made sure the tape didn't touch the heater wires.

Lol this brought back memories of working for Tesla during the initial Model S rollout when we were flying by the seat of our pants trying to figure out how this direct to customer sales and registration thing was going to work.

I had a lot of customers on the East Coast getting threatened with tickets and towing because of the bullshit we pulled with the California temp registrations, taping them in the windshield, because local law enforcement out there had no idea what the gently caress that little piece of paper was, they just saw a car with no plates with a VIN that didn't return to the purchaser yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Kia Soul Enthusias posted:

The touching of the factory wiring harness is the thing that pisses me off

yeah they offered to take out the 600 dollar airtag "accessory" but wouldn't remove the 400 dollar brake flasher poo poo because it would "cost too much" (you shouldn't have put it in)

but also when it comes down to it they're also not really advertising it legally per idaho law, they have it discounted 1500 bucks but arent disclosing that discount is predicated on military/first responder (500) or using chevy finance (1k). they can gently caress right off with that poo poo.

i don't think this really satisfies the legal requirements:

quote:

* The estimated selling price that appears after calculating dealer offers is for informational purposes, only. You may not qualify for the offers, incentives, discounts, or financing. Offers, incentives, discounts, or financing are subject to expiration and other restrictions. See dealer for qualifications and complete details.

as i think they are supposed to spell out what the individual discounts are.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
That sucks. Everybody who gets the Bolt loves it. I kind of want to trade into one but I can't right now.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
maybe my rental was bad but my bolt was good on range and features except it had 0 sound insulation and felt like driving around windows rolled down, the side mirrors didn't dim and wherever direction they'd blind me at night and 0 reflective protection in windows

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

Celexi posted:

maybe my rental was bad but my bolt was good on range and features except it had 0 sound insulation and felt like driving around windows rolled down, the side mirrors didn't dim and wherever direction they'd blind me at night and 0 reflective protection in windows

The Bolt has remarkably bad interior. Every one I have been in has seemed perfectly well built but also like "Did you ask some retired Kia engineers from from the 90s to source this interior?"

I totally appreciate it's place in the market, it is important and ignored but it is a full on economy car like GM benchmarked a used Dodge Neon and focus grouped "attractive interest rates."

Three Olives fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Jan 18, 2024

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Kia Soul Enthusias posted:

That sucks. Everybody who gets the Bolt loves it. I kind of want to trade into one but I can't right now.

I have a 2019. I'd say the Bolt is acceptable. Backup camera? Yep it functions. Interior? Sure whatever. Seat comfort? Eh it's fine, until you're in it for 1 hour ish. It's fine. I do like the color I got but shock green/yellow was only for 2019.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Jan 19, 2024

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

The newer ones can have 360 cameras and cooled seats that turn themselves on for a hot day, hell my rear view is also a screen so it won't blind you at night or get blocked by full cargo or obscured by rain. You want adjustable lumbar support, you got it.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

The Bolt got significant interior improvements for the 22 MY, sound deadening seems fine, but not as good as the Leaf.

I dunno what the side mirror thing is about, it would be nice if they dimmed, but they're the same as every mirror in every car I've ever owned or driven.

Three Olives posted:

The Bolt has remarkably bad interior. Every one I have been in has seemed perfectly well built but also like "Did you ask some retired Kia engineers from from the 90s to source this interior?"

I totally appreciate it's place in the market, it is important and ignored but it is a full on economy car like GM benchmarked a used Dodge Neon and focus grouped "attractive interest rates."

Yeah yeah you're a rich worthless gently caress who had daddy buy him a loving brand new 3 series for a first car, you don't understand economy cars, we get it.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
If the Bolt interior is intolerably budget spec, then any Ford Fiesta/Focus interior must be like a humanitarian crime

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

Elviscat posted:

The Bolt got significant interior improvements for the 22 MY, sound deadening seems fine, but not as good as the Leaf.

I dunno what the side mirror thing is about, it would be nice if they dimmed, but they're the same as every mirror in every car I've ever owned or driven.

Yeah yeah you're a rich worthless gently caress who had daddy buy him a loving brand new 3 series for a first car, you don't understand economy cars, we get it.

compared to my 2006 jetta that got rear ended or the solterra rental I had before the bolt rental, the bolt felt like it had 0 sound deadening, it was the 2023 model. my jetta the side mirrors had a position that if you move them slightly down they have a night mode, the e-golf has it too.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

trilobite terror posted:

If the Bolt interior is intolerably budget spec, then any Ford Fiesta/Focus interior must be like a humanitarian crime

Just remembering all the squeaky, rattly horrible early 2000s domestics I owned, or the Passat where all the superior, soft-touch German plastics had leprosy.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Celexi posted:

my jetta the side mirrors had a position that if you move them slightly down they have a night mode, the e-golf has it too.

I work nights, and people coming home from the bars like to tractor beam onto me when I pass them, so that seems like an awesome feature I really want now. Of course every SUV has headlights brighter than the sun pointed directly at the side mirrors now.

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

Elviscat posted:

Of course every SUV has headlights brighter than the sun pointed directly at the side mirrors now.

This is the worst. All these battering rams going around blinding people's night vision.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Elviscat posted:

It’s a really ugly interior, but my vehicle before my bolt was a work truck model Colorado, so bare bones Chevy doesn’t bother me. That white sparkly swoosh on the dash is the most horrible thing I’ve seen in a car in a long time, but they’re still fun little cars. I like mine.

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams
My 22 Bolt EUV Premier is nicer inside than my 13 Spark. Also nicer than my mom's 13 Ford Fusion. Although my Spark had a better place to set my phone than the Bolt does.

Actually, for Bolt owners, does it come with a lift out tray in the center console? Mine didn't, and I bought one on Amazon for cheap, but reading through a Bolt owners FAQ I saw mention of one, and I'm wondering if the previous owner tossed it or something.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

FISHMANPET posted:

My 22 Bolt EUV Premier is nicer inside than my 13 Spark. Also nicer than my mom's 13 Ford Fusion. Although my Spark had a better place to set my phone than the Bolt does.

Actually, for Bolt owners, does it come with a lift out tray in the center console? Mine didn't, and I bought one on Amazon for cheap, but reading through a Bolt owners FAQ I saw mention of one, and I'm wondering if the previous owner tossed it or something.

My ‘20 has one.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

FISHMANPET posted:

You probably didn’t opt for the $5000 Premium Comfort package, which included that tray and a map clip in the glove box.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

FISHMANPET posted:

It doesn't come with a stock tray. I bought this one and it has to have 2 slots cut to fit the console properly as there are 2 tabs in the console that make it too tight of a fit. I got this chalk marker and painted the tabs in the console and then pressed the tray down into the space, then when I lifted the tray out, the chalk marked the exact areas that you need to cut the tabs. Use a dremel with a cutting wheel to then just do the deed, sand the edges a little bit, and voila. It's around a 15 minute job. The tray works great.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

trilobite terror posted:

I think last time this came up someone mentioned the Bolt interior had been improved at some point, but when I first sat in one at the NAIAS the year they came out it made my Fiesta feel like a BMW by comparison. So much smooth shiny plastic everywhere, and it was especially bad sitting next to the second-gen Volt.

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams

Blue Moonlight posted:

You probably didn’t opt for the $5000 Premium Comfort package, which included that tray and a map clip in the glove box.

Excuse me I have the Premier with the Sun & Sound package! Although it doesn't have Super Cruise, which I thought was just included with Premier rather than being another addon. Doesn't matter, I had no intention of using it anyways. As long as I've got adaptive cruise control!

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

New Mach-E dropped, it's green and bronze and apparently the performance edition is faster but they aren't saying how much faster.

edit: Still think all the non-premium trims were a huge mistake, if they just released the premium and made the baseline 0-60 slightly faster than a base ICE Mustang and said "We will have a full range of Mach-E in the near future", like most of the complaints would have gone away and turned to "It's an absolutely fine car to haul your kids around in if you are looking a premium car with sporty looks."

Three Olives fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Jan 19, 2024

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
It's a pretty car

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Chronojam posted:

The newer ones can have 360 cameras and cooled seats that turn themselves on for a hot day, hell my rear view is also a screen so it won't blind you at night or get blocked by full cargo or obscured by rain. You want adjustable lumbar support, you got it.

Yeah I have a 360 camera which is also fine. The 2019 Bolt is all about things being one step above/or just at acceptable in quality. Except the battery, it's got a big battery and that's clearly where the money is.

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

Duck and Cover posted:

it's got a big battery and that's clearly where the money is.

Not gonna lie: I like big batts.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Sorry, I needed to make dinner for the person who's been helping me get back and forth to Connecticut to buy this thing :

Exterior only ; you gotta buy me dinner if you wanna see my knob.

The bad news is this means you're stuck with my posting.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

BOLT CREW
BOLT CREW
BOLT CREW

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Is “Usain” too obvious for a name?

What if I zagged and went with “Hussein”.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

There are days where I feel like I’m the last of the LEAF crew.

RIP to the OG’s.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Kirios posted:

RIP to the OG’s.

Pouring out a bottle of battery coolant for you, you won’t care.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Three Olives posted:

Maybe try pouring it ON his battery?

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

Kirios posted:

RIP to the OG’s.

I almost got a leaf but with dc chargers dumping chademo and Nissan still including it on last gen with no ccs fast charge with no chademo adapters available

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Russian Bear posted:

Maybe try pouring it ON his battery?

It’s not what Nissan wanted and sometimes you have to honor the wishes of the dying, even if you don’t agree with their end of life choices.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

FISHMANPET posted:

I got a Spark as a rental, and it was so weird because it was like some sort of horrible no-name knockoff of the Bolt, everything kinda LOOKED similar, but was worse in every single way. Although, as an economy car it was honestly nearly as good as the Corolla's I've had a rentals, and honestly better to drive because of the Corolla's God loving Awful transmission.

Three Olives posted:

New Mach-E dropped, it's green and bronze and apparently the performance edition is faster but they aren't saying how much faster.

That is a delightfully hideous car.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

OBAMNA PHONE posted:

Deal fell through on the red Bolt because these poo poo eating bottom feeders won't budge on sticking me with mandatory accessories
That poo poo should be illegal and is one of the major reasons people hate car dealers.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.
I just want the manufacturers to figure out that they are allowed to sell direct in most states now.

Or at least setup some sort of priority for dealerships who do MSRP and no mandatory add ones to do last mile delivery for web orders that helps build allocation numbers without using their allocations for in person sales.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I traded in the Polestar 2 last weekend and spent 7 hours in dealer misery despite not needing to negotiate much and having all my funding lined up

Now I need to contact the dealer to work out a couple things (like getting a disabled veterans' tax exemption so I can claw back a few thousand) and they're ghosting me

Delenda est, etc.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Wayne Knight posted:

BOLT CREW
BOLT CREW
BOLT CREW

Need a gang tag so everyone knows I'm hardcore

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

Three Olives posted:

edit: Still think all the non-premium trims were a huge mistake, if they just released the premium and made the baseline 0-60 slightly faster than a base ICE Mustang and said "We will have a full range of Mach-E in the near future", like most of the complaints would have gone away and turned to "It's an absolutely fine car to haul your kids around in if you are looking a premium car with sporty looks."
Is that a new trim or a model refresh?

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

:love: gorgeous

Kirios posted:

RIP to the OG’s.

:dumb::respek::dumb: 76% SOH and falling

Three Olives posted:

:perfect:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Idk if I already posted this but if not I'm taking the opportunity to show off my red car