Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

the Jaheira approves in the upper left corner is killin me

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

"I don’t care if Biden beats Trump. I’m not offloading responsibility. If enough people feel similar to me, such as the large population of Muslim people in Dearborn, Michigan. Then he won’t"

Globe of Invulnerability lets you attack out of it? What the gently caress.

This spell is busted. Used it on a big Act 3 fight Ansur and it went from a butt clencher to a walk in the park.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
The trick with globe is to caste haste on yourself the turn prior, forget about it, then cast globe so you lose your turn and the globe doesn't happen.

AgentHaiTo
Feb 7, 2003

Well, isn't this a coincidence? So, um, how you doing? You're busy, I know and I don't want to distract you, please, don't let me interrupt you.

DarkHorse posted:

That reminds me of a question I have (Act 1)

In the crèche that has the winery full of kobold looters, you can pick up the barrels fulla kobold into your inventory - it's still marked as "firewine barrel", but if you place it again and break it they still have kobold inside.

My question is what happens if you leave that area with it in your inventory, or send it to camp and pull it out later. Will it still have kobold in it? The one I picked up was by accident and I had no more left to test with

I had Karlach save one all the way to House of Hope, and throw it at Viconia. Poor kobold didn't even survive a round, but was hilarious seeing it pop out after breaking over Viconia's head.

AgentHaiTo fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Jan 18, 2024

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

The pair of Gloves of Power (found on the goblin leader attacking the Druid grove) has an ability that casts Bane on weapon attack. I wondered why I’d never seen it trigger while I wore them, turns out you need the Absolute brand

They could’ve made that clearer

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

There are some other gloves called the gloves of baleful striking iirc that has a similar non absolute locked effect.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
Every time I fight Sharrans I keep thinking that l'm beating up on a bunch of confused head shop employees

WHY DO YOU HAVE SO MUCH INCENSE.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

grack posted:

Every time I fight Sharrans I keep thinking that l'm beating up on a bunch of confused head shop employees

Because they hang out at The Crackhead Clubhouse, OP.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging

grack posted:

Can't see poo poo in their dark as hell temples, so they simply navigate by smell

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
re: using the gith items as a non-gith, or other racial requirements, I'm pretty sure Disguise Self works in all cases. I've tried it with the dwarven hammer recently and disguising yourself as a dwarf works to satisfy its requirements. I don't have a save handy to check but I'm pretty sure you can Disguise yourself as a gith and get the bonuses. Note that bards and warlocks both have Disguise access so there are lots of strong combos you could do with that.

There aren't that many race-specific items though.

Hellbore
Jan 25, 2012

Pellisworth posted:

re: using the gith items as a non-gith, or other racial requirements, I'm pretty sure Disguise Self works in all cases. I've tried it with the dwarven hammer recently and disguising yourself as a dwarf works to satisfy its requirements. I don't have a save handy to check but I'm pretty sure you can Disguise yourself as a gith and get the bonuses. Note that bards and warlocks both have Disguise access so there are lots of strong combos you could do with that.

There aren't that many race-specific items though.

I remember seeing something in the patch notes about removing that, since Disguise Self is just an illusion and wasn't supposed to work that way, but it might not have actually been fixed.

rojay
Sep 2, 2000

Jose posted:

Why can't I enchant my stuff in BG3, why can't I craft custom arrows. I barely use the alchemy system because the stuff I have recipes for I either never have materials for or are just total garbage

I'm loving the game I just wish it had a lot of the creativity DOS2 had at times that it being D&D based seems to have forced out

There are more than enough magic items in this game already, and your characters are adventurers, not smiths/fletchers/etc. Magic items should take a long time and a lot of effort and money to craft - at least anything that a player would want to make. I'm not a fan of the 5th edition rules on attunement, but it would probably go a long way towards addressing complaints about the game being too easy if you could only equip 3 magic items that aren't mundane.

I get why Larian decided not to go with that approach, but the last thing this game needs is more magic items crafted by the player. Hopefully you can find a mod that lets you do it?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Crafting a green item in tabletop takes like a week working eight hour days lol.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

If Disguise Self is enough to fool a silver sword into thinking you're actually a githyanki, you should also be able to use Disguise Self to convince magic items that you have a working Absolute brand.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I tried to brand myself but I could make it work even though I dipped it in fire and hit laezel with it repeatedly.

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

Lae’zel threatened to kill me if I get out of line.

Just like when we first met :3:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Actually now that I think about it a gear/loot Randomizer would be pretty interesting. Maybe only interesting chests or shops though, there's a lot of chaff containers.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
If I'm hidden and kill/pickpocket someone how come I keep getting caught, particularly if I didn't fail the pickpocket

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

Jose posted:

If I'm hidden and kill/pickpocket someone how come I keep getting caught, particularly if I didn't fail the pickpocket

If you're carrying a stolen item its owner will eventually notice that it's missing and then notice that it's sticking out of your backpack. I always send stolen items directly to camp, which seems to prevent that.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
I was talking to a coworker yesterday and he was telling me he beat the game in 70 hrs. Upon doing some prying, I learned that he skipped the entire underdark. I wonder how many people missed huge chunks of content playing blind.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Thuryl posted:

If you're carrying a stolen item its owner will eventually notice that it's missing and then notice that it's sticking out of your backpack. I always send stolen items directly to camp, which seems to prevent that.

Also if someone's killed or something's destroyed, the locals will start looking around for whoever's responsible as soon as they notice. I believe this can actually result in you getting blamed for things you didn't do, if some weird combination of factors results in a "crime" occurring with no apparent cause. I've definitely had the guards run over to accost me unprovoked with an "a crime has been committed, and you're being blamed" dialogue.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I imagine it's pretty easy to skip the underdark as the breadcrumbs can come pretty late and they're presented as wholly optional when they do.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I skipped the mountain pass because Laezel had ahhh let's say an accident and I figured I'd take Halsin's advice and take the underdark. It gives you a lot of opportunities to find the underdark, I can only imagine you'd miss it by choosing not to go or heading straight to the gith encounter.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Runa posted:

Actually now that I think about it a gear/loot Randomizer would be pretty interesting. Maybe only interesting chests or shops though, there's a lot of chaff containers.

pixel hunting for random vases and boxes in order to find a key piece of incriminating evidence in baldurs gate

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I've run into a bug at trying to reach the guild hall where i stacked a load of things and jumped across with my MC and its broken every action on all my other characters that involves movement. Can't jump, can't fly, can't mistystep etc

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Try saving/reloading

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

I've noticed that in co-op on XBox, in realtime mode, things that can be interacted with sometimes cause the focused character to stop in their tracks and refuse to do anything other than interacting with the thing. If I go anywhere near a downed companion, the game instantly fires up the help action and won't let me cancel it. If I try to pick up an oil barrel or something and the pathing gets confused, I am stuck starting blankly at the barrel for one thousand years. If I walk too close to a thing that will explode if I hit it, my dumbshit wizard gleefully brandishes her melee weapon and refuses to consider putting it away. The only way to escape this hell is to switch to another character and move on until my PC paths away from the hypnotic object.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Jose posted:

I've run into a bug at trying to reach the guild hall where i stacked a load of things and jumped across with my MC and its broken every action on all my other characters that involves movement. Can't jump, can't fly, can't mistystep etc

i had shadowheart hit this where she stopped doing anything, i had to restart the game to fix it

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013
I was really glad to find that you can give the refugee dad money to go to an inn after you go downstairs and find the fireworks in that house. It seems like there's some kind of way to pry further into what he's up to, but I feel like we missed something. The dialog options make it sound like we did anyhow. Either way, good that they let you get the family out of dodge.

Morrow
Oct 31, 2010
It's a long chain, but you can find the merchant donated booby trapped toys for children to the refugees. Then you need to go to the warehouse and disarm the, I am quite serious, improvised explosive devices before they are distributed to children.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

You can also learn that he was doing it under duress, having been told that failure to cooperate would result in his death. You can furthermore discover, through environmental storytelling, that this threat was not a bluff when you later come across his corpse in a jail cell

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

Well today I learned that Elixir of Universal Resistance (Duration 10 rounds) does not use up your elixir slot

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Angry Diplomat posted:

You can also learn that he was doing it under duress, having been told that failure to cooperate would result in his death. You can furthermore discover, through environmental storytelling, that this threat was not a bluff when you later come across his corpse in a jail cell

You didn't kill him yourself??

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Didn't want to kill the mood in the brothel.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
I'm sure Sharess's Caress handles such little incidents with the utmost decorum.

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003
Finally managed to win my Honor Mode run. I set out from day 1 to have Gale go boom, but some time around Moonrise I guess I had convinced him accidentally to Go for the crown instead. I had started to try to romance Shadowheart, but Karlach got in the way and ended up being my one and only someone. We rescued Orpheus and I guess because of my dialog choices I was the one who had to become Illithid so I gave Karlach one last kiss, and then became a badass Fighter Illithid who just flew around the battlefields dropping 40 dmg on the head of anyone who stood in my way. I called every nearly every ally at the first battle and it was incredible having close to 40 allies. Around this time I decided maybe Plan A wouldn't be needed if I had trounced that first portion before the Brainstem climb and that was indeed the case. Monk Karlach Step of the Wind had her at the door in 2 turns, and that jumped us straight to the final section. However, there was no restoration pod at the base of the Brainstem so I decided to go with Plan A. Gale was not interested in that decision though, and needed to roll a 30 Persuasion DC Check, and rolled a 20. Gale transported the team to safety, climbed the stem, blew himself up, saving Baldur's Gate. I chose to seppukku myself, didn't want to live as an illithid. Karlach, my darling, burned to a crisp. Lae'zel and Orpheus hopefully go on to defeat Vlaaktih because goddamn her entire team died for it.

What an experience it is to finish it Honor Mode. My most nervous moment was vs Raphael. I had previously lost two runs to Grym so there was maybe 30 hours or so where I was just terrified of wiping by accident.

Got my gold die and then immediately started a new game where I'll do Custom: Balanced with cheaper long rests, and full heal short rests. My team will all be Wild Magic Sorcerers and I'm really excited to have chaos reign.

Also, because of needing resources for long rests I was bit more methodical in my looting and found some Pizza.

Blimpkin fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Jan 18, 2024

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Angry Diplomat posted:

Vengeance Oath Paladin don't care

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

"I don’t care if Biden beats Trump. I’m not offloading responsibility. If enough people feel similar to me, such as the large population of Muslim people in Dearborn, Michigan. Then he won’t"

Just finished House of Hope. drat that was awesome.

Had more trouble with the Boudoir fight than the Raphael fight because on turn 1
- Astarion yeeted to his death
- Tav charmed
- Karlach stunned
- Gale doing gently caress all

Every time Gale cast something, my Tav just counterspelled it. Fortunately Tav didn’t do anything too devastating while stunned and we were able to claw it back but that got pretty spooky.

For the big bad boss fight, Globe of Invulnerability and Otto’s Irresistible Dance remain very broken.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014
you can find quil grootslang's suitor in sarevoks jail headless 😔

she already died kissless but this is just salt in the wound