Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Alina Habba needs the love of a good man to straighten her out. I think she’s trying to find happiness and fulfillment from her job and fame and fortune when all she really needs is love.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

bird with big dick posted:

Alina Habba needs the love of a good man to straighten her out. I think she’s trying to find happiness and fulfillment from her job and fame and fortune when all she really needs is love.

I hear Giuliani single.
:wink:

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

get outta here with that dave chapelle stuff. take it to a wizardmaster thread

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

dr_rat posted:

I hear Giuliani single.
:wink:

Nah, you can’t get associated with the actual worst lawyer ever as Habina, you can live a comfortable life in his shadow because at least you didn’t throw your life and career away that hard.

Habina stinks but Rudy is like an air compressor supplied by a sewer vent, it’s just raw, concentrated rear end stank figuratively (and literally apparently).

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

mannerup posted:

I didn't even know he was sick

He was killed by ManGrates.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

bird with big dick posted:

She needs to travel to her small home town in Vermont for the holidays where the local Christmas tree farm and it's sexy single dad owner are being put out of business by the big city tree conglomerate.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

kdrudy posted:

big city tree conglomerate

They're called "forests" aren't they?

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Tree Bucket posted:

They're called "forests" aren't they?

Yeah and California should rake the forest floors to take care of the wildfire problem

According to the stable genius who’s the subject of this thread

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Getting caught up on the thread and are people turning on Norm now? The guy was a human shitpost in the best ways. He was blatantly apolitical and leaned in to anything to piss people off and if you take anything he ever said seriously, you are missing the point. Even if he tried to imply you should take his stance seriously, he would quickly disarm the whole thing with his next joke. He was a classic comic that really only cared about a laugh no matter what it takes.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Lifespan posted:

Getting caught up on the thread and are people turning on Norm now? The guy was a human shitpost in the best ways. He was blatantly apolitical and leaned in to anything to piss people off and if you take anything he ever said seriously, you are missing the point. Even if he tried to imply you should take his stance seriously, he would quickly disarm the whole thing with his next joke. He was a classic comic that really only cared about a laugh no matter what it takes.

Oh I don't think anyone here thinks he wasn't a truly great comic, and what ever he's politics were he kept them out of his comedy. Think people just speculate abit because he was by all accounts a pretty interesting guy. Other comics often have pretty wild stories about him.

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting
The Norm McDonald 'thing' is probably in the same camp as the earlier discussed Daily Show and South Park 'things'. If you're taking legitimate life advice from it, you have taken a wrong turn or two somewhere, or are so dumb that something will brainworm you sooner or later so why bother fretting?

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
Hang on, what's a parking lot lawyer? Is it some weird american thing?

freemandela
Apr 18, 2007

Tree Bucket posted:

she literally was a lawyer for her husband's parking lot company

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

freemandela posted:

she literally was a lawyer for her husband's parking lot company

...why does a parking lot need a lawyer?

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

Hey don't knock it, those parking spots make more per hour than most of the people parking in them

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Tree Bucket posted:

People wreck, you legally steal and impound people's cars when you don't want them parked there, parking lots are giant liability generators

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club
I could have been a parking lot if I'd stayed in college :(

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
Are you seriously telling me that the legal team assembled by the President of the United States consists of a person who specializes in denying it's their fault your car got a scratch in the paintwork

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Also all the parking lots are lawyer'ing up up as once they take over 51% of a city they should be able to legally claim it.

Closet at the moment is San Bernardino, California at 49%.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

It's cause Trump is a terrible client

Gomez Chamberlain
Mar 22, 2005

Subakh ul kuhar!

Tree Bucket posted:

Are you seriously telling me that the legal team assembled by the President of the United States consists of a person who specializes in denying it's their fault your car got a scratch in the paintwork

I mean, it's a step up from Sydney "Crackin'" Powell or Rudy "Noun, Verb, Chapter 11" Giuliani. Is it really surprising having seen that?

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Yeah trump hires plenty of terrible lawyers. May as well post this again as always relevant:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lhy5Y8xVHS0

A list of all trumps lawyers and how terrible they are! The most surprising thing is being reminded he does somehow still have a few good lawyers still employed, they're just vastly outnumbered by the terrible.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
habba probably imagines herself as a scrappy underdog taking on the system like a josh grisham character

Chimp_On_Stilts
Aug 31, 2004
Holy Hell.

dr_rat posted:

Also all the parking lots are lawyer'ing up up as once they take over 51% of a city they should be able to legally claim it.

Closet at the moment is San Bernardino, California at 49%.

Wait, the parking lots can claim the city or the city can claim the parking lots?

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Chimp_On_Stilts posted:

Wait, the parking lots can claim the city or the city can claim the parking lots?

The parking lots can claim the cities of course to do what with they may. 51% ownership rules.

I assume they'd just ban all those annoying cars that park on them destroying their vast wastelands beauty.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Chimp_On_Stilts posted:

The parking lots probably get more electoral college votes than the people living around them.

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

Tree Bucket posted:

injury lawyers or ambulance chasers I assume

E: oh

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
They called them Shade Tree Lawyers back in my time

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Cat Hassler posted:

They called them Shade Tree Lawyers back in my time

Isn't tree law meant to be one of the most punitive in the US? I remember every time Tree law comes up posters always mention that.

Trump really should commit more tree crimes.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

dr_rat posted:

Isn't tree law meant to be one of the most punitive in the US? I remember every time Tree law comes up posters always mention that.

I don’t know if raping a tree is against the law

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Cat Hassler posted:

I mean they're constantly dousing us in their own pollens

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Tree Bucket posted:

I mean they're constantly dousing us in their own pollens

I do not consent

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Obama looks so bad right now tbh I don't know if he makes it to 70. Especially given he was a smoker for like 30 years

??? obama looks fine, just old. everyone gets old, he's 62 years old.

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

dr_rat posted:

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Initially people voted for the Nazis because Germany was coming out of a comically awful economic crush and it was a turbulent time, and they offered a populist message that was convenient and pleasing to many people. They seemed to have answers, they seemed to have the political will to improve things in Germany, and they said the lovely situation in Germany wasn't the Germans' fault, it was the fault of Others. And at that point they were just another populist party in a country full of populist parties.

After Hitler got into power, people voted for the Nazis because they were also Nazis and liked the monstrous poo poo they were doing, or because if you were even suspected of not voting for the Nazis, it was really bad for you and your family.

There is a connection here in that Trump in 2016 was like the initial Nazi party. He had a populist message that appealed to some people, even if he was rightfully making a lot of smart people worried. But he hadn't revealed himself to be a loving monster yet, so I could see people falling for it, or just giving him their protest vote without realizing what the outcome would be. But that wasn't true anymore in 2020 -- or god forbid, 2024. At this point anyone voting for Trump, no matter what their excuses or mealy mouthed "well I don't like Biden because X" poo poo, they know who they are voting for, what their vote supports, and don't even have the excuse of "if I appear to not fully support Der Führer, my family and I might be killed". They are fully complicit.

I know I'm a million pages behind, because this thread has been very active these last few days - but Nazi economy was very lovely and unsustainable - TimeGhost has a good episode on this from their Between Two Wars series (that eerily mirrors Trumponomics)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHAN-RPJTiE

Now I'm going back to page 185 to catch up on the rest

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

Cat Hassler posted:

Only if it's an anthropomorphic* tree

*punishable in Oklahoma

Onkel Hedwig
Jun 27, 2007

More info on the Michigan GOP financial woes:

quote:

Bank: Michigan GOP defaulted on $500K loan, hasn’t made payment in months

https://www.bridgemi.com/michigan-government/bank-michigan-gop-defaulted-500k-loan-hasnt-made-payment-months

There is also fighting about who is actually in charge of the state party. The new leadership is going to defend the default on a loan payment with "Actually, it is the banks fault that the loan has not been repaid" :lol:

quote:

"It's an illusion that (the debt) is a function of the Karamo administration,” her executive director, Jim Copas, told Bridge Michigan on Wednesday. "The Karamo administration has never taken one penny or created one-cent worth of debt with Comerica.”

The Michigan GOP could pay off the debt "tomorrow if we chose to,” Copas said. But the bank has not provided the administration requested details about the loan, and “we’re not convinced it’s legitimate,” he said.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Tree Bucket posted:

I mean there's property damage, theft, to cars.

Parking lots also generate a lot of cash based revenue, so you get IRS legal problems on top of the liability & normal business law.

great username
Dec 28, 2023

Onkel Hedwig posted:

More info on the Michigan GOP financial woes:

https://www.bridgemi.com/michigan-government/bank-michigan-gop-defaulted-500k-loan-hasnt-made-payment-months

There is also fighting about who is actually in charge of the state party. The new leadership is going to defend the default on a loan payment with "Actually, it is the banks fault that the loan has not been repaid" :lol:

They watched a youtube video about getting out of debt and sent a certified letter and are dusting their hands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
wow it's so weird that the GOP just keeps having all these financial issues

must be a fluke, since they are the party of fiscal responsibility