Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
https://i.imgur.com/urVTPV3.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Technically you can park there, mate

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
can't park there yet, mate

HungryMedusa
Apr 28, 2003

Are teslas rear wheel drive?

No wonder I saw a random one smooshed on a curb the other day when we got a whole 1/2" of snow in MN

Come to think of it, I also saw a Tesla hung up on a decorative rock in a front yard last year after a couple inch snowfall.

I googled and apparently the cheaper ones are rear wheel drive lol

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

HungryMedusa posted:

No wonder I saw a random one smooshed on a curb the other day when we got a whole 1/2" of snow in MN

Come to think of it, I also saw a Tesla hung up on a decorative rock in a front yard last year after a couple inch snowfall.

The AWD ones are rear drive almost all the time unless if you floor the petal or lose traction. The front motor is less efficient than the rear but it can spin freely without much vampire drain on the powertrain.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

haveblue posted:

can't park there yet, mate

caspergers
Oct 1, 2021

davidspackage posted:

She's going around this thread in a circle so none of us can escape

:laffo:

Sound
https://imgur.com/eI4bHOx.mp4

caspergers has a new favorite as of 19:37 on Jan 17, 2024

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

Hard to tell what they tossed but good aim.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.
I hate it when the neighbor's car is in heat

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

e: whoops

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

HungryMedusa posted:

Unless they’re AWD, yes. RWD production of the 3 has been an on and off thing though. They’re not always available. I don’t think the Y has ever been built RWD.

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

I love these. If you are not a wrestler don't get in or near the ring. It's gonna be bad news

https://youtube.com/shorts/62t5N3gEFTE?si=51LPTN7wwzpf91QB

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
Yeah don't mess with wrestlers unless they ask you to help lol

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

holtemon posted:

Yeah don't mess with wrestlers unless they ask you to help lol

didn't know violet beauregard was into wrestling.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Give the belt to that guy

The guy who's the only guy not falling over

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
can y'all leave caspergers alone unless they are posting something else stupid (like "/b/tard") or otherwise making GBS threads up the thread

edit: mostly because I don't want to relitigate all this

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

davidspackage posted:

She's going around this thread in a circle so none of us can escape

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
Nice try, losers, but Elon will program his cars to simply ignore all road markings

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden

Tree Bucket posted:

Nice try, losers, but Elon will program his cars to simply ignore all road markings

That's probably already coded into "Elon Mode" lol

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

wash bucket posted:

Believe it or not it really is a reaction that some people get. I know because I used to get it all the time when I was a little kid. Episodes of Painting with Bob Ross would trigger it for me and I would get this weird sensation of pulsating "relaxation" that would start on the crown of my scalp and pass over my entire head. I would just be completely zoned out and zombified. My parents thought it was weird at first but then figured out they could use it to make me calm the gently caress down when I was being annoying.

At some point I stopped having that reaction and now Bob Ross just sounds like a whispering hippie to me same as anyone else. The closest sensation I've felt to ASMR in my adult life was when I was in a wreck and the doctor gave me the really good pain pills.

Edit: Though I guess it must have turned into a weird fetish thing at some point. I can't imagine people with actual ASMR are sustaining all of these video creators.

I used to get it stronger as a kid, when I was 5 or 6 me and another kid at school used to take turns "drawing" on each other's backs with a fingertip. My guess is apes probably get a similar buzz from being groomed, like some cats seem to get from being brushed.
The sex thing is just because sex sells gets clicks.

Borscht posted:

I think it’s interesting that there is still no IRL version of ASMR. Millions of people are into it and you would think since it’s ostensibly an exercise in titillation, there would be an entire branch of the sex trade rubbing combs, scraping foam and saying “you’re my good and special boy” for $250 an hour.Do you just need headphones and that’s what limits you to digital media?
Millennials are killing the pervert sex market .

Do they not have massage parlours where you're from?

Laserjet 4P
Mar 28, 2005

What does it mean?
Fun Shoe
(cypress hill voice)

Nfcknblvbl posted:

vampire drain on the powertrain.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
https://i.imgur.com/j3nu6w0.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/LnZgoEo.mp4

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
gently caress it, can't repost this classic often enough. Make sure you turn the sound on for full effect

https://i.imgur.com/nWEWxrr.mp4

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

cant decide if its there because of self driving or because they are a tesla driver and therefore know better than some workmen

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

gently caress it, can't repost this classic often enough. Make sure you turn the sound on for full effect

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9FnUcyQX_s

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

I disapprove of what you say, and I will defend your death because you have no right to say it!

That's not schadenfreude, the slide ended up getting arrested.

PYF Schadenfreude: NOTHING is schadenfreude

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018

I hate it when UberEats drives past my place too.

sudonim
Oct 6, 2005

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

I work a block away from this playground and it's not uncommon for this clip to be a topic of conversation if we walk by on our way to lunch

(Boston City Hall Plaza for those who don't know. It used to be a cement hellscape but in recent years fun stuff like this playground has been added.)

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I will legit never understand how he got into that position.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Brawnfire posted:

Someone is filming, he's doing this intentionally possibly making fun of someone they recently arrested who tried to escape from them or did so using the slide.

sudonim
Oct 6, 2005

Brawnfire posted:

It's a long, twisty, low-friction slide designed for the mass of a child. Dude is way too heavy and picked up too much speed in multiple directions.

Edit: ^^^^ is that true? I live in Boston but never heard/read about that angle. Everyone I know just thought it was a cop being a dumbass on tape.

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!
looks like he comes out balls first onto that edge lol

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Brawnfire posted:

trying to arrest children playing imagination games.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

pixaal posted:

Someone is filming, he's doing this intentionally possibly making fun of someone they recently arrested who tried to escape from them or did so using the slide.

I have no idea if he went down the slide to make fun of someone (I've never heard that suggested before) but I don't think he intended to get a head injury. So even if he did it to mock someone, getting wrecked and having to get the EMTs to treat your concussion (and then being mercilessly mocked for it by everyone) is its own kind of schadenfreude.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

sudonim posted:

Edit: ^^^^ is that true? I live in Boston but never heard/read about that angle. Everyone I know just thought it was a cop being a dumbass on tape.

I said possibly to make fun of someone. He very much intended to go down the slide in a stupid way. Almost certainly didn't think he'd get hurt.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
The photo that followed it, of the slide cordoned off like it was the subject of an officer-involved shooting, was hilarious too

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

davidspackage posted:

The photo that followed it, of the slide cordoned off like it was the subject of an officer-involved shooting, was hilarious too

lol

All the other smaller slides who were simply in the vicinity at the time were also shut down

pixaal posted:

I said possibly to make fun of someone. He very much intended to go down the slide in a stupid way. Almost certainly didn't think he'd get hurt.
Note also that the slide had warning signs on it which he ignored

quote:

The slide is meant for kids only with a sign posted saying "not intended for adult use” and "5-12 year old's only."

Borscht
Jun 4, 2011
When I was getting my masters I used to have a membership at a coworking space and there was an extremely poorly designed slide that had a rather steep slope and a hard flat angle at the bottom. It was basically a machine to compress spines. No matter how many signs they put up, or how much caution tape was there on it, people would still attempt the dang thing. I must have watched 20 full grown adults learn valuable lessons on that thing.

Something about a slide is just irritable to 2% of the population.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

burexas.irom posted:

That's not schadenfreude, the slide ended up getting arrested.

PYF Schadenfreude: NOTHING is schadenfreude
there's no such thing as ethical schadenfreude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

KoRMaK posted:

there's no such thing as ethical schadenfreude

It's rare but: