Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: PoundSand)

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

euphronius posted:

all disease now is just allergies, like how all tissues are Kleenex

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bag of Milk
Jul 3, 2007

I don't see any American dream; I see an American nightmare.
https://x.com/ashishkjha/status/1747412684889354266

Can I just say I loving hate this motherfucker

That is all

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

A Bag of Milk posted:

https://x.com/ashishkjha/status/1747412684889354266

Can I just say I loving hate this motherfucker

That is all

AJ is right this dude got a spanking from on high lol

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Zantie posted:

number go up

Sheesh. Thanks for the compile.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

haha that is true

Computer Serf
May 14, 2005
Buglord

The Oldest Man posted:

yeah the fact that i as an individual can buy almost all of these technologies - and they're not even that expensive for the most part - but theres no move to deploy them en masse should be the signal that we're totally hosed for reasons that have nothing to do with the tools themselves being insufficient to the task.

what department would a FOIA request dig up any of the HEPA / CO2 monitor budget proposals? HHS?
how much has been spent on trashed vaccs and post exposure pharmas like 60000088888888888999900000000000000000088000 gazzivillain dollars or what

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

tested positive tonight and tried sesame health but no luck on the paxlovid even as a fat old goon

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

Brain Curry posted:

tested positive tonight and tried sesame health but no luck on the paxlovid even as a fat old goon

Try test2treat.org

Computer Serf
May 14, 2005
Buglord

Brain Curry posted:

try
https://www.test2treat.org ??

efb jynx

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Brain Curry posted:

Try Dr B too why not

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Steve Yun posted:

https://x.com/covidsafenetwrk/status/1747698558499725472?s=46

The moment they start shipping black auras all the white auras in my house will convert from mass into energy on their 300,000,000 m/s trip to the trashcan

lol why does it matter what color it is

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
yeah as much as i would prefer a black aura, no one who's not wearing one now is suddenly going to start if they come in black.

there are some people who say "oh i'd totally wear one if they came in black!", but the thing is, they're lying.

PoundSand
Jul 30, 2021

Also proficient with kites

Mola Yam posted:

yeah as much as i would prefer a black aura, no one who's not wearing one now is suddenly going to start if they come in black.

there are some people who say "oh i'd totally wear one if they came in black!", but the thing is, they're lying.

No one is walking around with smart watch cause it's useful, and their introduction was largely correctly derided/ignored, but people do love being marketed to and they caught on eventually.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Mola Yam posted:

My veins bleed red but my heart bleeds black

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate
would be great if someone with a loud enough voice that is immune from blowback or doesn’t care to tell these minimizers publicly to shut the gently caress up

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

I would've said this a couple of years ago but black really does read as a lot less "medical" to a lot of people. My partner's parents are so much more comfortable in and willing to wear black masks because they feel like they stand out less, and as people who don't speak english incredibly well they're already very concerned about drawing too much attention to themselves.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

PoundSand posted:

No one is walking around with smart watch cause it's useful, and their introduction was largely correctly derided/ignored, but people do love being marketed to and they caught on eventually.

what does that have to do with a black aura?

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

It's less conspicuous.

Bixington
Feb 27, 2011

made me feel all nippley inside my tittychest

Gunshow Poophole posted:

It's less conspicuous.

And stylish. I'm absolutely in the market for both.

PoundSand
Jul 30, 2021

Also proficient with kites

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

Between this and your "lol why does it matter what color it is" post I'm not sure if you legitimately don't understand or if you're being willfully obtuse to prove some sort of point. What kind of answer are you looking for here?

Will some number of people wear a mask because it's in a color they prefer as opposed to a medical white? Yes.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

my initial post was responding to Steve Yun saying he would literally throw his white masks in the trash.

DominoKitten
Aug 7, 2012

I see a ton of people in crappy black bifolds, think getting them into a black aura would be easier than otherwise.

Skinnymansbeerbelly
Apr 1, 2010
What's worse is that they already do multicolor.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Cretin90 posted:

I just texted the trial rep spamming me about it and he said the manufacturer is Moderna. Considering doing it.

I would take it. I’ve tolerated three varieties of Moderna’s COVID‑19 vaccines well. It’s a selling point for Moderna that this RSV vaccine candidate, mRNA‑1345, uses the same lipid nanoparticles (LNPs).

It’s now been tested in some eighteen thousand older persons greater than sixty years of age and done well in safety and efficacy there. Moderna is telling investors that they expect to start marketing it this year.

Cynically, it may not be “economically viable” to give it to most adults, so getting into the trial may be the only chance to get vaccinated against RSV for a long time.

Here’s the NEJM article (paywalled :thumbsup:) on the phase‐three trial in older adults. | CIDRAP summary

Here’s an Moderna slideshow from September that is a good overview.

P.S.: I would like to take this opportunity to once again note, for regular readers, that the membrane‐bound nature of the antigens is an important aspect of Modern’s approach.

Anyone claiming to have worked with Moderna on their COVID‑19 vaccine who says that the spike is released from the cell and floats freely is a weasel.

P.P.S.: You know how we joke about Novavax being a moth‐based vaccine? The approved RSV vaccines Abrysvo and Arexy are both produced in Chinese hamster ovary cell lines. Neat.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Can covid cause liver lesions in a teetotaler?

Baddog
May 12, 2001

Frosted Flake posted:

Can covid cause liver lesions in a teetotaler?

yah - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8283595/#:~:text=Microthrombi%20and%20hemophagocytes%20have%20been,lesions%5B49%2C50%5D.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
I'll cause me own microthrombi tybm

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

trashy owl
Aug 23, 2017

PoundSand posted:

Monitoring my blood O2 levels, heart rate, and skin temperature trends is pretty useful, this is a weird post lol

Zantie
Mar 30, 2003

Death. The capricious dance of Now You Stop Moving Forever.
Bold lines in the tables are new since the previous update.

Olympic Peninsula & Northwest Wash.

pre:
Olympic Peninsula & Northwest Wash.
County		Shed ID		Ref.	Date	Trend	7-Day Change
Jefferson	PT & 1399	(1)&(2)	Jan-10	STEADY	    ±  6%
Mason		n/a		(4)	Jan-13	DOWN	    - 90%
Skagit		ANA & 2424	(1)&(2)	Jan-11	DOWN	    - 35%
Skagit		MV & 2445	(1)&(2)	Jan-11	UP	    + 10%
Whatcom		LYN & 2124	(1)&(2)	Jan-11	STEADY	    ±  3%
North Puget Sound [1 of 2]

pre:
North Puget Sound [1 of 2]
Island		COUP		    (1)	Jan-12	DOWN	    - 30%
Island		OH & 2105	(1)&(2)	Jan-12	DOWN	    - 25%
Snohomish	APP & 661	(1)&(2)	Jan-11	DOWN	    - 35%
Snohomish	ARL & 2414	(1)&(2)	Jan-09	STEADY	    ±  4%
Snohomish	EVR & 2444	(1)&(2)	Jan-10	DOWN	    - 10%
Snohomish	STAN		(1)	Jan-10	STEADY	    ±  1%
Snohomish	256		(3)	Jan-10	DOWN	    - 45%
North Puget Sound [2 of 2]

pre:
North Puget Sound [2 of 2]
King		BWT & 676	(1)&(2)	Jan-10	DOWN	    - 30%
King		KCS & 2419	(1)&(2)	Jan-10	DOWN	    - 20%
King		WSPT&2420	(1)&(2)	Jan-09	UP	    + 15%
South Puget Sound & Southwest

pre:
South Puget Sound & Southwest
Clark		MRPK&2438	(1)&(2)	Jan-10	DOWN	    - 15%
Clark		SNCK & 351	(1)&(2)	Jan-11	DOWN	    - 20%
Clark		VWS & 2534	(1)&(2)	Jan-10	UP	    + 20%
Lewis		n/a		(4)	Jan-13	DOWN	    - 25%
Pierce		CC & 1397	(1)&(2)	Jan-12	STEADY	    ±  7%
Pierce		PUY & 1143	(1)&(2)	Jan-11	DOWN	    - 20%
Thurston	LOTT		(1)	Jan-10	STEADY	    ±  6%
North & South Central Wash.

pre:
North & South Central Wash.
Benton		WRCH		(1)	Jan-11	DOWN	    - 10%
Chelan		WEN & 1076	(1)&(2)	Jan-11	STEADY	    ±  7%
Grant		EPH & 1398	(1)&(2)	Jan-10	STEADY	    ±  5%
Kittitas	ELL & 2104	(1)&(2)	Jan-11	DOWN	    - 15%
Okanogan	BRW		(1)	Jan-11	DOWN	    - 45%
Yakima		YAK & 1635	(1)&(2)	Jan-11	UP	    + 20%
Northeast & Southeast Wash.

pre:
Northeast & Southeast Wash.
Franklin	PAS & 753	(1)&(2)	Jan-12	STEADY	    ±  2%
Spokane		RP & 759	(1)&(2)	Jan-12	STEADY	    ±  9%
Spokane		SPK & 760	(1)&(2)	Jan-12	STEADY	    ±  2%
Walla Walla	WALLA&1620	(1)&(2)	Jan-08	DOWN	    - 59%
Whitman		PLM & 1512	(1)&(2)	Jan-12	STEADY	    ±  8%
Solid lines are generated from normalized and smoothed data provided by the Washington State Department of Health (WADoH Ref. (1) ), Verily/WastewaterSCAN (WWS Ref. (3) ), and Biobot (Ref. (4) ).

White diamond dots are from most recent CDC/NWSS (Ref. (2) ) data scaled to supplement missing or out-dated data when available.

Because each of these four groups use different normalization methods, different smoothing methods, and different averaging/location identifiers, the concentration of virus is not comparable between locations. See reference links at the bottom of this post for more details.

There are 33 sewersheds distributed across 6 charts grouped by region then alphabetized by county and sewershed. The tables below contain WADoH or NWSS/WSS IDs (to match their respective dashboards), Date last sampled, Trend (based on the change between the averages of the two most recent weeks), and 7-Day Change (approx. amount the trend has increased or decreased).

All data presented are smoothed in some degree to even out inconsistent sampling dates and extreme highs and lows. Most sewersheds are sampled 1-3 times a week and are published within a week. Some locations are late reporting by 10 days or more so be sure to note your sewershed's Date in the table or graph. Locations that are more than two weeks old will have n/a listed under Trend to indicate there it is out of date.

References with links to details on y-axis units, normalization protocols, data limitations, and sampling methods:

Zantie has issued a correction as of 16:59 on Jan 18, 2024

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
re: black masks

I know quite a few people who are wearing kn-94s in black/stylish colors who've lamented to me that they absolutely would wear auras but they dont wanna wear a white mask because it feels too medical? I guess. idk.

I personally would just enjoy having some different colors to choose from but im always gonna put my health first over style.

Zantie
Mar 30, 2003

Steve Yun posted:

https://x.com/covidsafenetwrk/status/1747698558499725472?s=46

The moment they start shipping black auras all the white auras in my house will convert from mass into energy on their 300,000,000 m/s trip to the trashcan

Black never goes out of style. Still, I'd love some lighter colors like the lavender BreatheTeq ones for summer and matching outfits too.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

i swear its like none of you have read Stephen King's Insomnia

Zantie
Mar 30, 2003

Grad students at my university went on strike earlier today. KN95 right smack in the middle of the photo-shoot :3:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
I went to the shops today and there were noticeably more people wearing masks, and at least half of them were N95s

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

yeah that isn't what this person described at all. cool stats though.

mad?

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Brain Curry posted:

We don't say 'open sesame,' we say 'open Biden.' That's our magic word."

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

you can take my orange duck masks from my cold, dead hands

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
looks like lab leak is back on the menu

https://x.com/fitterhappieraj/status/1747898909026857166?s=46

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.
The guy Leonard is quoting in that post (Ebright) is a Very Serious Dude, so either he's recently had COVID induced brain damage that makes him say crazy things, or this is about to go all the way to Crazytown.