Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

so for anybody who enjoyed sludgelock OTK, I suggest you try out the latest monstrosity making the rounds : Insanity warlock

turns out its pretty easy to rip through your deck as a warlock to activate Reno, and Popgar offers a wonderful stabilization tool combined with Crescendo

the deck falls over to burn decks, but its basically an automatic win against slower decks

the finisher combo is Felstring Harp or Void Virtuoso to nullify damage, then Lady Darkvein to setup a double Encroaching Insanity, and finally Defile or Shallow Grave to pop shades resulting in instances 5-8 of fatigue damage (26 total)

### Warlock
# Class: Warlock
# Format: Standard
#
# 2x (1) Chaotic Consumption
# 2x (1) Felstring Harp
# 2x (1) Fracking
# 2x (1) Glacial Shard
# 2x (1) Tour Guide
# 2x (1) Void Virtuoso
# 2x (2) Baritone Imp
# 2x (2) Crescendo
# 2x (2) Defile
# 1x (2) Shallow Grave
# 2x (3) Encroaching Insanity
# 2x (3) Furnace Fuel
# 2x (3) Scourge Supplies
# 2x (4) Crazed Conductor
# 1x (4) Pop'gar the Putrid
# 1x (5) Lady Darkvein
# 1x (8) Reno, Lone Ranger
#
AAECAf0GBIfqBMCSBYCeBq+oBg2lkgXHwgXIwgXdwgXmxQX0xgXI6wXu/QWJmQaEngbTngbXogb3owYAAA==
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone
# Find this deck on https://hsreplay.net/decks/3rpZY4xVq1eyUQMwoODhP/

Excelzior fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Jan 16, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018

Excelzior posted:

so for anybody who enjoyed sludgelock OTK, I suggest you try out the latest monstrosity making the rounds : Insanity warlock

turns out its pretty easy to rip through your deck as a warlock to activate Reno, and Popgar offers a wonderful stabilization tool combined with Crescendo

the deck falls over to burn decks, but its basically an automatic win against slower decks

the finisher combo is Felstring Harp or Void Virtuoso to nullify damage, then Lady Darkvein to setup a double Encroaching Insanity, and finally Defile or Shallow Grave to pop shades resulting in instances 5-8 of fatigue damage (26 total)

### Warlock
# Class: Warlock
#
# 2x (1) Chaotic Consumption
# 2x (1) Felstring Harp
# 2x (1) Fracking
# 2x (1) Glacial Shard
# 2x (1) Tour Guide
# 2x (1) Void Virtuoso
# 2x (2) Baritone Imp
# 2x (2) Crescendo
# 2x (2) Defile
# 1x (2) Shallow Grave
# 2x (3) Encroaching Insanity
# 2x (3) Furnace Fuel
# 2x (3) Scourge Supplies
# 2x (4) Crazed Conductor
# 1x (4) Pop'gar the Putrid
# 1x (5) Lady Darkvein
#
AAECAf0GBIfqBMCSBYCeBq+oBg2lkgXHwgXIwgXdwgXmxQX0xgXI6wXu/QWJmQaEngbTngbXogb3owYAAA==
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone
# Find this deck on https://hsreplay.net/decks/3rpZY4xVq1eyUQMwoODhP/

I've been keeping an eye on this one. Looks really fun, but I don't want to craft Darkvein with the miniset about to drop.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
I tried this and the deck has no way to pressure your opponent before the combo and its not an OTK. I did not like it.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I'm having the hardest time evaluating the hunter/dk 3 mana discover a beast and undead and swap their stats

the cards slow as balls and wildly inconsistent, but you can also get silly hits like Freebird/Thaddius for a 4 mana 11/11 charge or nerubian swarmguard + amplified elekk for three 6/12 taunts, both of which can happen turn 4 on curve

I hope that it's too weak to see real standard play because the card seems obnoxious at best

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

shaman and paladin joining the excavate classes

shamans get 4 mana nature deal 8 damage to a minion and excavate
paladins get 4 mana undead/beast 3/4 battlecry gain two bonus effects and excavate
dual class card is 3 mana give a minion divine shield + windfury and excavate

paladin's azerite card is give +3/+3 to all your minions (hand, deck, battlefield)
shaman's is evolve all your other minions to ones that cost 3 more but keep their original cost (hand, deck, battlefield)

both get an absurd payoff card in Finley, 3 mana 2/3 if you've excavated twice transform all enemies into 1/1 murlocs

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

I'm having the hardest time evaluating the hunter/dk 3 mana discover a beast and undead and swap their stats

the cards slow as balls and wildly inconsistent, but you can also get silly hits like Freebird/Thaddius for a 4 mana 11/11 charge or nerubian swarmguard + amplified elekk for three 6/12 taunts, both of which can happen turn 4 on curve

I hope that it's too weak to see real standard play because the card seems obnoxious at best

hang on I’m dumb, n/m

I think it’s too inconsistent to actually be good but I can see a Trolden special in its future

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

It's The Scourge, basically; a high-roll card that is too slow and inconsistent to actually put in your deck but will be annoying when discovered (or, worse yet, cast randomly by the Yogg cards).

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018

Boatswain posted:

I tried this and the deck has no way to pressure your opponent before the combo and its not an OTK. I did not like it.

Don't you pressure with imps, and use Felgar/Crescendo to reno and push more chip damage?

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
12 straight wins, cruising into the final 2 in Battlegrounds for a really good chance at the spicy pretzel.

My opponent had 26 life, and barely did any damage to the 3rd place and 0 damage to 4th place. ..Then they manage to hit 3 triples in one turn. Still get a win, but it’s small and not a knockout. Draw, win, lose lose lose and get 2nd because their Murloc build scaled exponentially and found tech cards against my linearly scaling Undead army and can’t find any big cards to fill it out. Dammit!

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

fanny packrat posted:

Don't you pressure with imps, and use Felgar/Crescendo to reno and push more chip damage?

Didn't work out for me. Against aggro I was under too much pressure to develop board or go face, and the control decks I faced managed to stay at or around 30.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

thoughts on the miniset:

Druid is going to be a loving nightmare, they got so many insane cards it's kind of bananas

DH got kinda shafted but Quick Pick is a good general card and I think the 1 mana rush elemental is a strong card waiting for the right deck

The priest cards are ok, nothing insane but some annoying cards like shadow word: steal that will make the cut

Rogue didn't really get much either but as the current meta kings that's fine

Warlock is the other big winner of the set behind Druid. The 2 drop, the huge 4 mana elemental, the trogg, and the freeze are all very good and the 6 mana fel spell is good for the beatdown sludge decks

Mage didn't really get much but the freeze card is good and I think the jury's still out on Mantle Shaper

Hunter got one ok card in shimmering shot and a whole bunch of crap

DK's set mostly underwhelmed but mining casualties is a really good corpse generator

Paladin and Shaman are in a funny situation where their excavate cards are pretty bad and the Tier 4 treasures are honestly not very good either (the paladin one is stronger but it's also incredibly boring) BUT Finley is such an absolute monster of a card that I think both classes will just play a half excavate package like how Warrior did before the blast charge buff

Speaking of Warriors I think they're going to get a ton of attention since Brann is pretty hype. The totem is also really good

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
does rotation happen with the next full set?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

flatluigi posted:

does rotation happen with the next full set?

Yeah in a few months.

drewmoney
Mar 11, 2004
I've been enjoying reno druid in standard lately, been playing the one that's on VS. Is there a different/better version?

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

The priest cards are ok, nothing insane but some annoying cards like shadow word: steal that will make the cut

I haven't paid enough attention to reveals to comment on your other verdicts/predictions, but I think SW: Steal is pretty bad unless we somehow end up with a meta dominated by single, huge deathrattle minions. If you care about replaying the stolen minion, Synchronize + whatever removal will usually be better and is far more versatile. If you don't care about replaying the minion, and you just want it removed, SW: Steal is a worse Drown.

That said, greedy priests will probably run it anyway because they're that kind of person

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist

drewmoney posted:

I've been enjoying reno druid in standard lately, been playing the one that's on VS. Is there a different/better version?

God, I hope so. I loving hate Drum Circle (and by extension Embrace of Nature) in that deck, but every substitution looks really pathetic — main deck Rotnest or Audio Amplifier or something.

peer posted:

I haven't paid enough attention to reveals to comment on your other verdicts/predictions, but I think SW: Steal is pretty bad unless we somehow end up with a meta dominated by single, huge deathrattle minions. If you care about replaying the stolen minion, Synchronize + whatever removal will usually be better and is far more versatile. If you don't care about replaying the minion, and you just want it removed, SW: Steal is a worse Drown.

That said, greedy priests will probably run it anyway because they're that kind of person

Both Drown and Cannibalize rotate soon, so even if it doesn’t see any play now, it’ll probably get revisited.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
Shout out to whoever I played in BGs with a golden Lighter Fighter, golden Illidari Hawkstrider and golden Rivendare, which absolutely massacred my warband as combat started

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Fuckin’ full OTK on T6 with no coin. What a truly interactive experience.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

As if killing Duels wasn't lovely enough, apparently someone figured out how to exploit in BG and Merc cards to Duels and people are getting murdered turn 1 by giant minions.

Rough time to be a Duels player!

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Shockeh posted:

Fuckin’ full OTK on T6 with no coin. What a truly interactive experience.

Velarok Rogue?

Shabadu
Jul 18, 2003

rain dance

probably thaddius sludge combo, since the entire deck costs less than 4 and you pop an amorphous on the turn that has odd cost reduction

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Shabadu posted:

probably thaddius sludge combo, since the entire deck costs less than 4 and you pop an amorphous on the turn that has odd cost reduction

you dont actually care about the turn, because discarding Thaddius via the Sludge always resets him to Odd cost

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist
There were a lot of fun cards in the Year of the Hydra, but I am not going to miss… basically any card from March of the Lich King, Path of Arthas, or Return to Naxxramas.

Maybe Hope of Quel’thalas and Prismatic Elemental.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I can’t wait for Sunken City to gently caress off

Jolly Jumbuck
Mar 14, 2006

Cats like optical fibers.

bravesword posted:

There were a lot of fun cards in the Year of the Hydra, but I am not going to miss… basically any card from March of the Lich King, Path of Arthas, or Return to Naxxramas.

Maybe Hope of Quel’thalas and Prismatic Elemental.

Same here - I enjoyed Sunken City and Nathria, but the March of the Lich King expansion was easily my least favorite out of the last 6 expansions in Standard. Anachronos being my one major exception.

Gwaint
Oct 22, 2010

"Music is the truth. Just listen..."
They introduced a few bugs in this patch and unintentionally nerfed Valarok back to his pre-buff state.

I already miss my janky Wild crazy play-all-the-Valaroks-possible deck. Hope the revert won't take too long. :(

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

Shabadu posted:

Yeah, correct, and utilising what Excelzior said; Because he's always Odd at first, it was just from 0 board - Slime > Thaddius > Sludge x6 > +2 Spell Damage > 6 Barrels. It's a case of having all the pieces in hand, and OTKs are part of card games, but the fact it's possible at T6 as first player feels pretty bad when there's so little points of interaction. (Be Mage and have an Objection! up? Idk.)

E: Whatever, just ventin'. :v:

Shockeh fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Jan 18, 2024

Szarrukin
Sep 29, 2021
I really hope they fix Velarok soon, Excavate Rogue is the most fun deck I've played in years.

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
just killing everyone with windfury garden's grace and crusader aura

sorry dk, you left 2 1/1s with deathrattles up.

oh, i rolled windfury on kaleidosaur? dead

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

been playing some more Insanity lock

the miniset cards (board freeze, geode draw) fit well into the deck, turbocharging your draw and further preventing your opponent from threatening you

it is exceedingly easy to force a tie whenever you would otherwise be in a losing position

I really like the deck, but its losing so many cards on rotation to get too attached to it.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Quotey posted:

just killing everyone with windfury garden's grace and crusader aura

sorry dk, you left 2 1/1s with deathrattles up.

oh, i rolled windfury on kaleidosaur? dead

Deck please

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist

bravesword posted:

God, I hope so. I loving hate Drum Circle (and by extension Embrace of Nature) in that deck, but every substitution looks really pathetic — main deck Rotnest or Audio Amplifier or something.

Okay, so it turns out that if you put in Maruut and one each of all five Druid cards, then take out all the awful filler (Embrace, Disciple, Drum Circle, Prison, Starlight Whelp) that was in the deck before, it suddenly becomes incredibly fun. The six mana ramp spell is absolutely nuts — you can have double Eonar with a backup in hand while your opponent is staring forlornly at six mana and excavate two.

You might not even need Wild Growth and/or Nourish anymore. I’d like to find room for either Fizzle or an ETC with Fizzle in it just for some extra security against Reno, but I’m torn on what to cut…

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.
Early warning to y'all that I'm pretty sure Overheal Priest is actually a deck now. Hidden Gem is exactly what that deck was missing. I don't think my list below is optimal but it feels really, really good.

### Overheal
# Class: Priest
# Year of the Wolf
#
# 2x (1) Crimson Clergy
# 2x (1) Fan Club
# 2x (1) Funnel Cake
# 2x (1) Shard of the Naaru
# 2x (2) Creation Protocol
# 2x (2) Dreamboat
# 2x (2) Hidden Gem
# 2x (2) Mana Geode
# 2x (2) Twilight Torrent
# 2x (3) Cathedral of Atonement
# 2x (3) Heartthrob
# 2x (3) Holy Nova
# 1x (3) Sunfury Clergy
# 2x (4) Ambient Lightspawn
# 2x (4) Cannibalize
# 1x (7) Aman'Thul
#
AAECAafDAwKfpAXP9gUOougDhJ8EhoMF4KQFyMYFx8cFoukF7fcF+/gFq/oFyPoFi5UGuJ4GlqAGAAA=
#

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I didn't realize there were new cards till seeing bunch of replies, Brann zoo is perfectly goofy greedy warrior fun. The multiple attack everything battlecries are very silly.

Szarrukin
Sep 29, 2021

Long live king Brann the Broken

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
New Reno Warrior? Sure:

### Reno Warrior
# Class: Warrior
# Format: Wild
#
# 1x (1) Shield Slam
# 1x (1) Sir Finley, Sea Guide
# 1x (2) Amalgam of the Deep
# 1x (2) Astalor Bloodsworn
# 1x (2) Dirty Rat
# 1x (2) Drywhisker Armorer
# 1x (2) Frozen Buckler
# 1x (2) Man the Cannons
# 1x (2) Minefield
# 1x (2) Shield Block
# 1x (2) Stoneskin Armorer
# 1x (2) Zephrys the Great
# 1x (3) Bellowing Flames
# 1x (3) Heavy Plate
# 1x (3) Lord Barov
# 1x (3) Prince Renathal
# 1x (3) Rock Master Voone
# 1x (3) Zola the Gorgon
# 1x (4) Aftershocks
# 1x (4) E.T.C., Band Manager
# 1x (2) Dirty Rat
# 1x (4) Ignis, the Eternal Flame
# 1x (10) Shield Shatter
# 1x (4) Igneous Lavagorger
# 1x (4) Onyxian Drake
# 1x (4) Outrider's Axe
# 1x (4) Rancor
# 1x (5) Brawl
# 1x (5) Disruptive Spellbreaker
# 1x (5) Ringmaster Whatley
# 1x (5) Sanitize
# 1x (6) Deepminer Brann
# 1x (6) Khaz'goroth
# 1x (6) Reno Jackson
# 1x (6) Theotar, the Mad Duke
# 1x (6) Trial by Fire
# 1x (7) General Vezax
# 1x (7) Mutanus the Devourer
# 1x (7) The Curator
# 1x (7) The One-Amalgam Band
# 1x (8) Odyn, Prime Designate
# 1x (10) Shield Shatter
#
AAEBAQcowxa5sgLfxALP5wL8owOT0AO23gPA3gOO7QOP7QOm7wP4gASbgQT5jAT6jASIoASJoATSrATlsASywQTvzgSO1ASW1AS42QSX7wTLkgXipAWvwwX9xAWo4AXG8wWl9gWh+wWk+wWFggaGlAaLlAafngavqAbQsAYAAAED38QC/cQF+YwE/cQF2IEG/cQFAAA=
#

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Szarrukin posted:

outlasted a snapshot druid with this after debating conceding when they gained 20 armor on turn 3

Desdinova
Dec 16, 2004
I had to be on my toes, like a midget at a urinal!

Szarrukin posted:

What's the code?

Luff
Jul 11, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
AAECAaCrBB6oigSGoASIoASWtwTvzgSO1ASQ1ATMkgXipAX9xAW0+AW1+AWQ+wWX+wWh+wWk+wXYgQaFggaQgwbKgwbQgwaSjgaLlAacngafngbNngbPngbRngavqAbQsAYAAAEDlrcE/cQFyoMG/cQFz54G/cQFAAA=

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Luff posted:

AAECAaCrBB6oigSGoASIoASWtwTvzgSO1ASQ1ATMkgXipAX9xAW0+AW1+AWQ+wWX+wWh+wWk+wXYgQaFggaQgwbKgwbQgwaSjgaLlAacngafngbNngbPngbRngavqAbQsAYAAAEDlrcE/cQFyoMG/cQFz54G/cQFAAA=

Sure, put Armor Vendor, Kobold Miner and School Teacher into ETC's band.

But ... why not Son of Hodir, Alextrasza and something else (I went with Steamcleaner)? Especially if you will get two of the former if you hold on to ETC until after playing Brann (and holding on to Hodir until Reno is in play, of course).

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 12:18 on Jan 19, 2024