Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: OwlFancier)

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

This is too good. It’s like watching someone correct they’re/there/their but turn out to have got it wrong themselves. One of them moments you want to scream WHOS A SMART ARSE NOW EH????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Just pass a new law declaring that we now recognise Kigali as a country and it's a crime to say otherwise.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Therese Coffey is like if they elected the "there are only two colours" person to public office.

She also understands synecdoche perfectly well when using it herself.
https://twitter.com/theresecoffey/status/738472877549293568

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

feedmegin posted:

Because they're flat out not allowed to be used on the mainland, at least England and Wales. One of Bozza's Genius Ideas as London Mayor was buying three of them for London (costing the taxpayer a quarter of a million) and then having to sell them off after being told that would be illegal.

I did genuinely not know about the Boris bit, idiot supreme. :roflolmao:

-------

crispix posted:

ah the youngins here love them of a summer evening :)

He won't have liked the landing at all. :)

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Tesseraction posted:

Yeah, there were quite a few suicides and otherwise deaths of despair caused by this scandal. Heads really should roll for this but even that won't bring back the dead.

This is like the plot of Brazil

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
if you're wearing just bare bum would the water go up :/

DreddyMatt
Nov 25, 2002
MY LACK OF KNOWLEDGE OF CURRENT EVENTS IS EXCEEDED ONLY BY MY UNQUENCHABLE THIRST FOR PISS. FUK U AMERIKKKA!!
Extreme bidet

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Thank you mister speaker, first may I say that I am astonished by what the speaker on the other side said.
Next they will be telling us Rwanda is in Africa and full of foreigners!

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
Erm no africas that place where everyone’s dead hungry and they don’t know what Christmas is, Rwanda is where refugees can be happy duhhhhhh

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Every comment a variation on "Is that near Kigali?" or "But the water leak is in Suffolk, not Walpole"

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

#truebrit indeed

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
There's a lot to like about Coffey.

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

What's with all them foreign lines above your name, Theresa?!

dadrips
Jan 8, 2010

everything you do is a balloon
College Slice
Therese is about the most mediocre person to ever make it this far in government. Completely unlovable, too thick to even pretend to finish her university course, and absolutely out of her depth in any personal or professional scenario

What I'm saying is, finally a minister that represents the average Brit

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

NotJustANumber99 posted:

There's a lot to like about Coffey.

Like the drink, but not spelt the same nossir

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

dadrips posted:

Therese is about the most mediocre person to ever make it this far in government. Completely unlovable, too thick to even pretend to finish her university course, and absolutely out of her depth in any personal or professional scenario

What I'm saying is, finally a minister that represents the average Brit

Its funny, you have on one side those who are playing (or think they are) 200 dimensional chess to get into power, like Gove, Mogg, Shapps, Cameron, etc.
And on the other you have Viz caricatures brought to life, and these one seem to get higher placed in the pecking order.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

crispix posted:

It's entirely DIY health and social care at this stage and i don't think my aunt would be alive if not for my cousin. There are buildings and equipment, but the people working there are spread so thin and so stressed that there is just nothing by way of care anymore

This whole post was shockin, terrible the state things are in. I'm sorry your auntie is in this situation and your cousin is having to do so much of her basic care when there should be enough nurses with enough pay and good enough conditions to be able to provide it.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I think any healthy democracy should allow absolute dogshit ignorant morons to get elected to the commons. Problem is when they end up on the front benches. What was Coffey in charge of briefly? Healthy Living or some ironic thing right?

fluppet
Feb 10, 2009
What happened to the northern independence party or did they just quietly fade away after a couple of by-elections?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Still around by the looks of it:
https://twitter.com/FreeNorthNow/status/1746154619644874904

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Tigey posted:

Yeah its great. I know Paul, the guy who played Jeremy the anchor. It was a right blast to film although lockdown made it very chaotic

apropos of nothing I know, but if you get a chance please tell Paul that he's one of my favourite actors based on his performance in that game, he was loving amazing in it, thank you

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

Wachter posted:

What's with all them foreign lines above your name, Theresa?!

Early stages of Zalgo. Nothing to be done once those start to show up

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

ouuuuu

https://twitter.com/MetroUK/status/1747902772941299884

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

https://x.com/metoffice/status/1747936166542725557?s=46&t=ARI_L-v32Oind1-d9B3a3Q

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

https://twitter.com/JimMFelton/status/1747914624870011173

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Tesseraction posted:

Ironically a Lab-Lib coalition is the least worst outcome there.
A coalition of tory entrists and tory deserters, just what we need to get the tories out.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/LeftieStats/status/1747962898134040980?t=xIrh7Dv8G1BzXt2H-sXPNQ&s=19

Tax cuts for the rich after 14 years of Tory government, bold new thinking we've all been hearing about.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

It went great for Liz Truss Cotton, lets see how it plays out.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

:lol: thank you, that's the one I was thinking of :)

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Bobby Deluxe posted:

A coalition of tory entrists and tory deserters, just what we need to get the tories out.

Least-worst is still boiling diarrhoea down the hatch.

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/SamuraiApology/status/1747987737217556982?t=PqVbDZZuSUEDKdoecNayRQ&s=19

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Boris is still the most popular man in Britain. He will return.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Since when has popularity had anything to do with British Politics?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Gonzo McFee posted:

Since when has popularity had anything to do with British Politics?

When we're talking about popularity among our tiny, incestuous media-political class. There, your popularity is very important.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
The electorate sucks. I want autocracy.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Azza Bamboo posted:

Yes, thank you, Mr. Starmer. We know.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Azza Bamboo posted:

One man, one vote.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

A new populist left wing party is imho opinion a good idea even if it will be a long haul kind of prospect, but framing it as a regional thing seems very counterproductive. The NIP just fully excludes major potential support bases amongst working class southerners and it's not like 'the north' is really a coherent national identity in the same way Scotland is for example.

This is one of the funniest photos I've ever seen lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016