Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

kazil posted:

Up all night, angry postin'

11:19pm

11:42pm

12:58am

1:59am

2:43am

Let he among us who has not stayed up until the wee hours anger posting cast the first stone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Stunning Honky posted:

It's so funny that he doesn't even come up with verbs beyond "do" so loving often

Do a deal
Not sign, negotiate, ratify, etc
DO A DEAL

Loss of vocabulary is one of the diagnostic criteria for dementia and it is expressed in exactly this way. You lose all the more specific and applicable words and begin to substitute with more simplistic, broad words that make less sense. Like everything being "beautiful" and "strong" when it makes no god drat sense in the phrase.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Random Stranger posted:

It's not that there are special tree laws that are extra punative, it's that trees are very expensive. There's literally decades of time that goes into producing one. And there are a lot of shitheads who don't give a gently caress because there are trees everywhere so who cares if they just chop down their neighbor's tree that's blocking their view. They can just get a new tree (sapling) for twenty bucks down at Home Depot if they complain. Those assholes are the ones who wind up eating tree law as they find out how much a tree actually costs.

That makes sense, but I prefer to believe trees just have a lot of free time to make up their own set of laws.

Silly Burrito posted:

It’s “coke” and I will nuke you all to prove this

Look everyone knows this is all some sort of inside joke and no one actually calls all soft drinks coke, as anyone stupid enough to do that wouldn't have the cognitive ability to sallow liquids by themselves, and I refuse to believe people are going around giving people IV bags full of carbonated beverages.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

dr_rat posted:

That makes sense, but I prefer to believe trees just have a lot of free time to make up their own set of laws.

I mean, you saw why Treebeard and the Ents did to Saruman, right?

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Silly Burrito posted:

It’s “coke” and I will nuke you all to prove this

Cold drinks

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Beastie posted:

I mean, you saw why Treebeard and the Ents did to Saruman, right?

Saruman hosed around with tree law and found out. :hai:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Dementropy posted:

Cold drinks

Soft drinks

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Captain Invictus posted:

death to cokeheads :black101:

Rude.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Captain Invictus posted:

death to cokeheads :black101:

You’re probably a PEPSI drinker. Aren’t you? AREN’T YOU????? Confess you infidel!

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Silly Burrito posted:

You’re probably a PEPSI drinker. Aren’t you? AREN’T YOU????? Confess you infidel!

RC Cola is the only cola worth drinking.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Grey Cat posted:

You’re on the list. :colbert:

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Willatron posted:

The trailer seems to suggest California has allied with Texas so right off the hop I'm assuming it isn't based on any real world political divisions.

Yeah, I'm real confused what POSSIBLE inciting event would cause that? Unless it's like a complete alternate history thing where the politics are nothing like ours; an easy way to try and make some sort of summer blockbuster that can, at least on first look, appeal to everyone. A nice "out" to not have to pick sides, etc... Though maybe the actual movie will have something to say, but the trailer sure doesn't.

It also has Nick Offerman as the president, and I know plenty of people would do drat near any poo poo acting gig for a dumptruck full of money, but he doesn't need it. I seem to recall he's also pretty drat liberal? (not the more libertarian type that a lot of people confuse him for because of Ron Swanson.) So I don't see him ever doing one of those straight up "Conservative values, hoo-rah!" movies.

And it's A24, who has done Midsommar, Ladybird, Everything, Everywhere, All at Once, and Hereditary, among other things.

I'll admit, at least based on the trailer, it does seem a little more "schlocky" than most of their other stuff, but I don't see it being anything CLOSE to a weird conservative fantasy of "real" Americans finally taking back their country or whatever.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Grey Cat posted:

Meh, I used to like RC Cola before it got all trendy

Now I only drink vintage cans of OK Cola

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

DrBouvenstein posted:

It also has Nick Offerman as the president, and I know plenty of people would do drat near any poo poo acting gig for a dumptruck full of money, but he doesn't need it. I seem to recall he's also pretty drat liberal? (not the more libertarian type that a lot of people confuse him for because of Ron Swanson.) So I don't see him ever doing one of those straight up "Conservative values, hoo-rah!" movies.

Several years ago for thanksgiving Audiable gave a reading of Tom Sawyer read by Offerman. He is extremely uncomfortable reading the n word but reads it as written.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

rotinaj posted:

Have you tried the Royal Crown cola?

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

I’ll take a Pepsi Free.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Cool discussion. Shut up.

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright
I wish Trump could internalize that every power and loophole that he claims he should have access to "because I was president" would directly 100% then also apply to Biden. His brain is too laser focused on "ME MEEEE ME!!!!" though so I don't think he has the capability to understand that.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

[it begins]

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

DrBouvenstein posted:

And it's A24, who has done Midsommar, Ladybird, Everything, Everywhere, All at Once, and Hereditary, among other things.

I'll admit, at least based on the trailer, it does seem a little more "schlocky" than most of their other stuff, but I don't see it being anything CLOSE to a weird conservative fantasy of "real" Americans finally taking back their country or whatever.

It's written and directed by Alex Garland who is if anything a VERY cerebral writer and director, so I can pretty much guarantee it's going to hand wave the politics away and focus entirely on the concept of people taking sides in such a conflict.

If I had to guess, the choice of California and Texas is deliberate to that end.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Catastrophe posted:

I wish Trump could internalize that every power and loophole that he claims he should have access to "because I was president" would directly 100% then also apply to Biden. His brain is too laser focused on "ME MEEEE ME!!!!" though so I don't think he has the capability to understand that.

Ah, but does it apply to Biden if he's not the real President, because RIGGED and STOLLEN?

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

hitchensgoespop posted:

It's written and directed by Alex Garland who is if anything a VERY cerebral writer and director, so I can pretty much guarantee it's going to hand wave the politics away and focus entirely on the concept of people taking sides in such a conflict.

If I had to guess, the choice of California and Texas is deliberate to that end.

Yeah it comes off more about the cost of polarization and how dehumanizing it is.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

rotinaj posted:

OK Soda was more like a hosed up fruit punch than cola. It was bad.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

OK Soda was more like a hosed up fruit punch than cola. It was bad.

Guess you aren’t cool enough to appreciate the feeling of carbonated tree sap

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Rodeo clown?

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

It was just a mix of coca-cola and orange (like our favorite president) Fanta!

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Habba is asking Carroll about tweets. Rodeo Clown is the user name

also, Habba is continuing to piss off the judge

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

rotinaj posted:

Guess you aren’t cool enough to appreciate the feeling of carbonated tree sap

I’m sorry that your favorite soft drink was a market failure. I hope that you can eventually find peace someday. In the meantime, please consider filling that emptiness in your heart with fleischmann's vodka

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

To be clear Trump has already been found guilty here and the jury is just hearing arguments on how much damages he owes

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

I’m sorry that your favorite soft drink was a market failure. I hope that you can eventually find peace someday. In the meantime, please consider filling that emptiness in your heart with fleischmann's vodka

Pff, like I would be caught dead drinking something that proles drink

I only drink beverages that cost at least a hundred dollars on eBay

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

"So do you" lmao loving schoolyard poo poo

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Habba is really, really bad at lawyering

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

John Wick of Dogs posted:

To be clear Trump has already been found guilty here and the jury is just hearing arguments on how much damages he owes

And Habba seriously thinks she can re-litigate the case here, its hilariously delusional.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Habba is doing everything she can to maximize those damages as well! Hell of a prosecuting lawyer, that's what I s- *guy next to me whispers in my ear* -wha, she's on the defense? How can that be?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Taeke posted:

"So do you" lmao loving schoolyard poo poo

I think that was the start of a question

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

CommieGIR posted:

And Habba seriously thinks she can re-litigate the case here, its hilariously delusional.

Alina Habba and Kim Guilfoyle are going to be, at best, hosting a gross gossip show on OANN within the year

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

The strongest argument that can be made, as likely has been raised in the thread already, is that the defamation has fully done the harm it is going to and no further award is necessary since there is nothing to compensate. It's not a particularly great argument imo but that's the sturdiest reed upon which you hang your defense.

Whatever the gently caress Habba is presenting, I have no idea. It'd be malpractice were it not exactly what I assume Trump wants.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

CommieGIR posted:

I want to say she is doing this on purpose mainly so trump can bitch that the judge is against him by not letting his attorney speak but lol I think she is just dumb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens
She is performing for Trump and Trump only, this has nothing to do with lawyering. It's an audition