Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

forkboy84 posted:

Man, he really was annoying when I watched a couple of Collision matches last week. Like, surprisingly so, I thought he was mostly unobjectionable in New Japan but in AEW it was bad.

Alaois posted:

multiple deluded NJPW fans who watch English commentary PPVs at 4 AM

checks out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

genuinely, if you watch japanese wrestling with english commentary that doesn't include Ho Ho Lun, you need to get your head checked

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Chris Brookes and Mr Haku > All

Also Chris Charlton when he gets so passionate his little glasses start fogging up

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Alaois posted:

genuinely, if you watch japanese wrestling with english commentary that doesn't include Ho Ho Lun, you need to get your head checked

Hey, it’s helpful for when you dip back in and want someone to explain the storylines to you! But once you know what’s going on, nothing beats Japanese commentary losing their poo poo during an Okada main event or something.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Alaois posted:

It's useful for getting into it initially so I'm glad it exists. I'd probably not watch wrestling now if not for Kelly & Callis, but can't imagine watching without Milano's excited calls now.

And it's great in DG because there's so many promos that I'd otherwise not understand.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Alaois posted:

Sometimes the NJPW shows don't have Japanese commentary for a day or two due to broadcast rights :(

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
God and dog.
https://twitter.com/uug_p_raku/status/1747986880971575423

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Nigel did a magic trick to kk and is now being sued

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Nigel did a magic trick to kk and is now being sued

Claiming there was a quarter behind his ear when there was clearly no quarter before is dishonest and libelous

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
The PWI awards are out and apparently their readership decided to be as pro-WWE as possible to counter AEW because these are so heavily stupidly skewed to WWE it straight up ignores AEW and all of Japan which they haven't done in years. Their rookie of the year was injured eight months ago.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Man, people really want their favorite wrestlers to get commemorative plaques they will immediately throw away/put in a storage unit

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Tato posted:

Man, people really want their favorite wrestlers to get commemorative plaques they will immediately throw away/put in a storage unit

If anyone actually watched "The Bump" I am sure you can find footage of Seth Rollins sitting in front of a wall covered in title belts and plaques.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

MassRafTer posted:

If anyone actually watched "The Bump" I am sure you can find footage of Seth Rollins sitting in front of a wall covered in title belts and plaques.

lmao of course he has

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Lid posted:

The PWI awards are out and apparently their readership decided to be as pro-WWE as possible to counter AEW because these are so heavily stupidly skewed to WWE it straight up ignores AEW and all of Japan which they haven't done in years. Their rookie of the year was injured eight months ago.

I am not gonna get involved in the arguing over awards because I hold the general public’s opinion in the lowest regard

But I do want to point out that either my standards have changed since the 90s or they have massively gotten shittier with the cover art, holy gently caress

Both of these look like someone was pasting clip art over a photo of the wrestlers, font choices are bad and poorly done…

No wonder the magazine industry died

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

rotinaj posted:

But I do want to point out that either my standards have changed since the 90s or they have massively gotten shittier with the cover art, holy gently caress

Both of these look like someone was pasting clip art over a photo of the wrestlers, font choices are bad and poorly done…

No wonder the magazine industry died

That first one is pretty bad, although Dom (I'm willing to bet intentionally) holding his plaque upside down is pretty great.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

I'm sorry, PWI is $10? loving hell.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Lid posted:

Some of them are understandable (Seth and Rhea do have legitimate arguments for Wrestler of the Year for their respective gender), but at the same time, Rhea vs Charlotte wasn't even the best match that night.

At least it's not as bad as WWE viewers knocking out the IC triple-threat out of the WWE MotY bracket in the first round, I guess.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Seth isn't even in the main event of shows the actual world champion is on lol

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022

SG Bamboo posted:

Chris Brookes and Mr Haku > All

Also Chris Charlton when he gets so passionate his little glasses start fogging up

TJPW English comms in general are the Wild West where they clearly have no oversight before, during, or after.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
hungover and with no production is exactly what I want from tjpw's english comms.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

HamburgerTownUSA posted:

TJPW English comms in general are the Wild West where they clearly have no oversight before, during, or after.

Yeah and it owns!

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Claiming there was a quarter behind his ear when there was clearly no quarter before is dishonest and libelous

Nigel did a trick and told kk to drink the vinegar but kk didn't want to drink the vinegar

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
i clicked thru some toots and boy golly a bunch of people sure are mad about hook kicking at one. what a stupid thing to be mad about

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
Lol.
https://twitter.com/JoshiEnjoyerTBJ/status/1747715338190393352

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

graph posted:

i clicked thru some toots

Found your error

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Don’t sniff the toots

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

rotinaj posted:

Found your error

yeah :\

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

graph posted:

yeah :\

While it means I miss out on some of the chatter and news, the benefit to my mental health has made deleting my Twitter account be 1000% worth it

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/PuroresuFlow/status/1748001499861352772

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

graph posted:

i clicked thru some toots and boy golly a bunch of people sure are mad

evergreen post

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

https://twitter.com/trentylocks/status/1748141935951233260

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Why couldn’t Trent post these tweets 20 years ago. Would have changed my life

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Big Heart Trent's looking out for all of us :allears:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Ganso Bomb posted:

Hey, it’s helpful for when you dip back in and want someone to explain the storylines to you! But once you know what’s going on, nothing beats Japanese commentary losing their poo poo during an Okada main event or something.

this lines up exactly with me tho if i feel like i have the gist of the stories i just watch japanese from the get go

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

He's only saying this because he knows he has an extremely devastating finisher

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
https://twitter.com/tonykhan/status/1748176792806928500?s=46

Michael_Scott_Its_Happening.mp4

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

STONE COLD 64 posted:

this lines up exactly with me tho if i feel like i have the gist of the stories i just watch japanese from the get go
If you don't know Japanese it sounds real exciting in the same way that if you don't know english Kevin Kelly yelling DESTINO is exciting. idk why people prefer Japanese commentary when they don't speak the language other than can zone out commentary during a match and only hear people being excited

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Nothing Kevin Kelly calls sounds exciting even when he's honking Destino out in a loud monotone

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Alaois posted:

Nothing Kevin Kelly calls sounds exciting even when he's honking Destino out in a loud monotone

that clip video before Ospreay/Okada on the Battle in Valley where Kevin Kelly is braying RAAAAAINMAKER in the exact dame monotone voice over and over really sold me on how to much I already disliked his commentary

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Tampa Bae posted:

If you don't know Japanese it sounds real exciting in the same way that if you don't know english Kevin Kelly yelling DESTINO is exciting. idk why people prefer Japanese commentary when they don't speak the language other than can zone out commentary during a match and only hear people being excited

excited vibes > tepid note reading and calling action im already able to see