Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

kw0134 posted:

None of that helps him a whit in a civil case.

He doesn't care to actually win, the point is to play victim and hope to try and delay anything as long as possible so he can then try the "well I can't pay/do this, I'm president" defense. There is no chance to win nearly any of these cases (especially the civil ones), so the only play is to play victim for the MAGA crowd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

DaveWoo posted:

The "Davos crowd" isn't panicking at all lol

Just yesterday Jamie Dimon was talking about how Trump has some great ideas

What shits me is someone like Dimon definitely knows Trump is an utter clown moron without a coherent thought in his head, let alone good novel ideas about managing the economy

He's just playing to the cheap seats like the entire GOP

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Escape From Noise posted:

Mike Pillow is getting involved in THE MEME WARS!

god the boomer cry-laugh emoji is just so obnoxious on a primal level

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

ElectricSheep posted:

god the boomer cry-laugh emoji is just so obnoxious on a primal level

Yeah. It's almost too on brand.

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
Just how many times has JoePesci been killed on screen?

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

loving pathetic :lol:

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Outpost22 posted:

Just how many times has JoePesci been killed on screen?

So many, in extremely memorable ways!

Was he killed in home alone or was it just brutally abused I have never seen it.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Huh, I'm surprised a swift breeze hasn't got rid of that dude yet

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Lol that stupid fuckin mouth.

It's like someone making fun of him, but it's actually him.

I never understood that. If I want to make my mouth try to imitate his butthole shape, I have to TRY. It doesn't just happen. How the hell does his face just naturally do THIS?!

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

lol good luck with that.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 16 minutes!

priznat posted:

Was he killed in home alone or was it just brutally abused I have never seen it.

He was killed about 2 dozen times in the Home Alones it just didn't take

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

priznat posted:

They made five or six of them so I’m guessing he lived with permanent Micro Machines disabilities.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Silly Burrito posted:

They made five or six of them so I’m guessing he lived with permanent Micro Machines disabilities.

They moved on to torturing French Stewart after they used Pesci up

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Best Friends 4Evah!

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Data Graham posted:

What shits me is someone like Dimon definitely knows Trump is an utter clown moron without a coherent thought in his head, let alone good novel ideas about managing the economy

He's just playing to the cheap seats like the entire GOP

Sure, Dimon knows Trump is a fascist clown, but that fascist clown is going to give him a tax cut

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
Didn't Presler already do a Philly registration drive? Was it not successful?

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

He didn’t wind up like the HitchBot, so I suppose you could brand that as success.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

PainterofCrap posted:

He didn’t wind up like the HitchBot, so I suppose you could brand that as success.

The failure was that Gritty didn’t get the jump on him

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

Escape From Noise posted:

Best Friends 4Evah!

can't stop that Ramaswamentum

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

PainterofCrap posted:

The Philadelphians probably thought that he was weaker than the Hitchbot and realized that one-sided fights are only so funny before they become sad.

I think most 3-year-olds can take a better hit than Scott Pressler, he just looks like he’d crumple like a sheet of aluminum foil.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Ouhei posted:

He doesn't care to actually win, the point is to play victim and hope to try and delay anything as long as possible so he can then try the "well I can't pay/do this, I'm president" defense. There is no chance to win nearly any of these cases (especially the civil ones), so the only play is to play victim for the MAGA crowd.
He can keep playing victim, but it has exactly the same effect as my posting "I'M BANKRUPT!!" on the forum, none. He can't even put off paying Carroll because as a condition of appealing the first judgment he had to deposit the full amount with the court as a bond. He's effectively already paid her.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

kw0134 posted:

He can keep playing victim, but it has exactly the same effect as my posting "I'M BANKRUPT!!" on the forum, none. He can't even put off paying Carroll because as a condition of appealing the first judgment he had to deposit the full amount with the court as a bond. He's effectively already paid her.

No he hasn't his lawyer has

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

pixaal posted:

No he hasn't his lawyer has
Someone's paid the court several million dollars and Habba's firm isn't likely to have that money just lying around. Even if it's ultimately dirty cash, that's not cash that Trump has access to now for fish delites. Either way Carroll literally has money in the bank, and that's not money that Trump can misuse elsewhere if we're treating all these funds as his own.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
How much was the first settlement in cash?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Carroll testimony over now.

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

Catastrophe posted:

I never understood that. If I want to make my mouth try to imitate his butthole shape, I have to TRY. It doesn't just happen. How the hell does his face just naturally do THIS?!

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
Googled to find out about the looming shutdown, looks like they are kicking the can down the road to the first week of March. I'm sure they will figure out a way around House GOP intransigence with that kind of lead time.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

kazil posted:

*extremely lawyerly* May as well cause further damages while we're at it!

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

silly sevens

kazil posted:

I honestly can't follow this at all, it feels like three different conversations mashed up together

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I don't think anyone else mentioned it, but Trump referred to himself in a "Truth" yesterday as "the former President".

Which seemed like some kind of breakthrough, but no follow up.

Tijuana-A-Go-Go
Aug 2, 2019

Doggles Aficionado

kazil posted:

Someone's Habbin' a bad day today

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

redshirt posted:

I don't think anyone else mentioned it, but Trump referred to himself in a "Truth" yesterday as "the former President".

Which seemed like some kind of breakthrough, but no follow up.

if you think people who would vote for trump are actually reading trump tweets, you're sorely mistaken

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Steadiman posted:

I honestly can't follow this at all, it feels like three different conversations mashed up together

Habba's trying to do a bunch of poo poo and the judge is having none of it.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

jokes posted:

if you think people who would vote for trump are actually reading trump tweets, you're sorely mistaken

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Your honor, the President behind me is happy to pay his judgment in cash, or he is willing to offer this mystery box in satisfaction of the judgement

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Steadiman posted:

habba is trying to introduce new evidence to prove carroll deserved to be assaulted by holding up what trump wants her to. she is acting as trump's assistant and not an attorney angering all involved because this is not the time to argue that carroll deserved it, that time is long over.
nonetheless habba is persisting in trying to introduce new evidence because trump is convinced if he says it juuuust right they have to give him whatever he wants because people around him all nod their heads and understand when he explains it to them at his golf club

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Hollismason posted:

How much was the first settlement in cash?
$5 million total compensatory and punitive.

Steadiman posted:

Habba loving up basics of procedure for cross-examination of witnesses.

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

silly sevens

InsertPotPun posted:

habba is trying to introduce new evidence to prove carroll deserved to be assaulted by holding up what trump wants her to. she is acting as trump's assistant and not an attorney angering all involved because this is not the time to argue that carroll deserved it, that time is long over.
nonetheless habba is persisting in trying to introduce new evidence because trump is convinced if he says it juuuust right they have to give him whatever he wants because people around him all nod their heads and understand when he explains it to them at his golf club

everything is so stupid

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

jokes posted:

I doubt the vast majority of his voters do follow him/read anything he writes. Which makes me wonder: who is he doing it for? Himself? The News and other right wing grifters?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Tijuana-A-Go-Go posted:

Someone's Habbin' a bad day today

'Cause you Habba bad day
Judge says sit down
You hope a mistrial will just turn it around
You say you don't know
You say Carroll lies
While Donald just scowls, but you know that you tried