Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

i love jammed coin slots. people just keep cramming in more money.

i once pulled $12 out of a goddamn quarter mechanism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
Jam trouble you say

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ree-AgAjgQg

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
rotor pls

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

Pythagoras a trois posted:

why is no one freaking out that you can get a real life seamoth for only like 550k. that's reason enough to suck capitalism's dick.

it's stuck at the 100m depth ability but also you don't have to drink bladderfish every 30 mins to survive, so it's honestly not so bad

i mean there's free divers who have hit 100m+ and a person i am very close with is training to hit 100m on a rebreather where the science after 50m is basically "good luck!" do i think that is a good idea? gently caress no, but she is determined so

diving is expensive but it's not 550k expensive

game news i'm still trying to finish totk but get so distracted building stupid poo poo and crashing it i don't think i'll ever beat this game

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Subjunctive posted:

the trademark is because of the name, but it was retroactive after the coincidence

mildly dubious but i accept

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK
Evil West is a little clunky, but it feels like a more satisfying God of War Ragnarok ish combat game with a ridiculously bad (good) story slapped on top.

I dig the lightningpunk old west aesthetic though. very cheesy and fun.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

MrQueasy posted:

Evil West is a little clunky, but it feels like a more satisfying God of War Ragnarok ish combat game with a ridiculously bad (good) story slapped on top.

I dig the lightningpunk old west aesthetic though. very cheesy and fun.
it’s not bad (not great) but i dropped it as soon as hs shipbreaker entered my life via gamecat

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Kenny Logins posted:

it’s not bad (not great) but i dropped it as soon as hs shipbreaker entered my life via gamecat

it's because you're a union man, kenny

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

dioxazine posted:

it's because you're a union man, kenny
thats right

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Hardspace Shipbreaker loving rules, also that's the same studio that made the unexpectedly great homeworld: deserts of kharak and is making homeworld 3. v excited for that last one

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I’ve started making keynote presentations to myself to help gather my thoughts / make plans for satisfactory lol

what a game

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
threads making me wanna replay shipbreaker i havent played since ea

how is it with controller?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
it's fine, once you get used to whatever fly up and down are bound to (don't remember) there are no problems

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

lmao at the latest Pete Rimworld episode, a bunch of tribespeople launch an attack on the outsiders and run into a map full of maneating panthers :eyepop:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfR0cQAtVcU

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

spoilers!

but i'll watch it anyway, because it sounds funny

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

dioxazine posted:

spoilers!

but i'll watch it anyway, because it sounds funny

lol I'm not joking when I say a map full either, imagining turning up expecting to attack a small encampment and instead getting an angry sea of teeth and fur.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

:sickos:

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

not the image i had in my head of you.

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

akadajet posted:

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

akadajet posted:

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

this tracks

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

lmao

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Mr. Crow posted:

threads making me wanna replay shipbreaker i havent played since ea

how is it with controller?
i find getting around with a controller to be pretty intuitive, but i’m still pretty early in the game

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

lmao irl

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

shipbreaker was a lot of fun, i'd pay like $10 for a few new ship types to break

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

i sent you that photo of me in confidence, NMN

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Elder Postsman posted:

shipbreaker was a lot of fun, i'd pay like $10 for a few new ship types to break

or even new variants of the existing ones. I think there are only maybe 2 layouts per ship

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Elder Postsman posted:

saaame

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

i’m only at the part where ships have electrical systems and i just got tethers. so far i have died only once- by reeling in a large storage locker (too fast) which smashed open my helmet and i slowly died while trying to blindly fumble back to the hab

i did to my credit avoid a very stupid death of getting sucked into the processor by grappling the outer edge at the last second and very slowly reeling myself out of its vacuum lol

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
there's an achievement linked to furnacing yourself a bunch of times, which I never got :smugdog:

and another one for siding with the rear end in a top hat manager during the direct action mission, which I intentionally never got

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Kenny Logins posted:

i’m only at the part where ships have electrical systems and i just got tethers.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

What's a good Apple II emulator for Windows 10, for games? So one that emulates/simulates/mutates/whatever the way colour is supposed to work on a real system.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Kenny Logins posted:

i’m only at the part where ships have electrical systems and i just got tethers. so far i have died only once- by reeling in a large storage locker (too fast) which smashed open my helmet and i slowly died while trying to blindly fumble back to the hab

this was the only way i ever died, and it happened a lot

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK
Tethers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

my favorite thing was with a couple of the larger ships you can strip away most of the external stuff and just barge the rest in one big hunk. you lose some small fraction of poo poo you could put in the furnaces but still get over 90% and as long as the reactor goes in pretty level you dont have to worry about it