Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Hempuli posted:

The way the baby is drawn is hilarious

It only gets better. There is one thing to be said about WAR, and that is that it has the platonic ideal of the drawn representation of babies as gurgling, limb-flailing, loveable, idiot gremlins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Tree Bucket posted:

brb, going to tell the Tolkien thread I've found some concept art from a long-lost adaptation of the Lord of the Rings

Aragorn and Arwen

The fall of Barad-dur

This adaptation was ultimately rejected by the Tolkien estate, owing to the script's excessive nudity and a frequent digressions wherein Galadriel mocks English cuisine

One more proof we live in the worst of worlds.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Spirit Circle

Lafalle: *has a breakdown and arguably commits mass-murder over a misguided notion of how reincarnation works*
Fortuna: lol, dumb, it's like you didn't even study spirit science 101

Owl at Home
Dec 25, 2014

Well hoot, I don't know if I can say no to that
Prince Valiant in the Days of King Arthur (Oct 15-22, 1944)

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

Dragon Warrior rear end plot

Technocrat
Jan 30, 2011

I always finish what I sta

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

greetings, blob

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Naa mang, I don't work with linux.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

That'd be funnier without the title IMO.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

By popular demand posted:

Naa mang, I don't work with linux.

Look I know a lot of people talk about how difficult it is to unpack tarballs but you just reach in there and (CHOMP) AAAUUUUUGGGHHHHH

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
We Are Reproducing

This one (understandably) always gets strong reactions, but I think it’s important to look at it as a woman who is herself a survivor of childhood sexual abuse responding to an awful awful “joke” in one of the only ways that she, as a woman in 1990-ish Japan, can, namely mocking the guy in a plausibly-deniable “am I laughing with you or at you?” kind of way. (Plus maybe add a dash of “I’m a tough lady who doesn’t react like those other women do.”) That’s my read anyway.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

hmm, wasn't expecting to see a comic guest-starring cyrano

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Star Impact

A Haunted Pug
Aug 10, 2007

the moment i learned about episiotomies was the moment i decided i would never, ever have kids. agh!

EDIT:

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Emzedoh posted:

Is that really enough food for three grown men?

Super fancy restaurants always have ridiculously small servings. But yeah, sharing a single fish for a main dish seems less than filling.

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

cant cook creole bream posted:

Super fancy restaurants always have ridiculously small servings. But yeah, sharing a single fish for a main dish seems less than filling.

There'll be more courses, but given this is the dish they came for, I just wondered if maybe they should have had one each?

Hyouge Mono Ceremony 48: Whispers of a Devil

spoilers flashback titty

Check it out, ninjas!

The Dragon, the Hero and the Courier Episode 26: The Mages, the Hustle and the Master of the Way

Turns out Yas is pretty good at this.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Tiger, Tiger

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Hi, Dr. Nick!

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Lavender Jack

Billionaires are a cowardly and superstitious lot (as are cops.)

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

Lol

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

ultrafilter posted:

That'd be funnier without the title IMO.
I didn't see the title because the timg size was covering it and laughed at the comic, then looked up and saw the title and just went "oh."

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

Emzedoh posted:

Hyouge Mono Ceremony 48: Whispers of a Devil

I just wanted to highlight furata being carried up the castle wall while chilling and reading a scroll, a most aesthetic way to infiltrate an enemy stronghold

Foxfire_
Nov 8, 2010

A Haunted Pug posted:

the moment i learned about episiotomies was the moment i decided i would never, ever have kids. agh!
They're generally considered harmful nowadays and are uncommon outside of east asia and south america

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Finally, a reasonable justification for modern uber-headlights.

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Big Softer World vibes from this one.

Captainicus posted:

I just wanted to highlight furata being carried up the castle wall while chilling and reading a scroll, a most aesthetic way to infiltrate an enemy stronghold

"By three means may we infiltrate a fortress: firstly, by strategy which is the noblest; secondly, by assault which is the bitterest; lastly, by being carried on someone's back which is the easiest."

One Day Outing Foreman chapter 18: Autumn Fish

Peanut batter, huh? Anyway, I'm laughing at how Ootsuki is treating Numakawa and Isawa like they're kids on a school trip. Sweet but deeply stupid kids.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Ditocoaf posted:

Finally, a reasonable justification for modern uber-headlights.

Yes, I spent five hours driving westwards on the Hume Highway one night. So I needed there to be a reason for LED highbeams, beyond "people are selfish dullards"

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Tunicate posted:

MS Paint Masterpieces
#422: Light Of Judgment - Five Finger Discount

#423: Light Of Judgment - Ka-Bomb

#424: Light Of Judgment - Ventriloquism

It explains a lot about reset man's personality that he's programmed to just do whatever people tell him to
MS Paint Masterpieces
#425: Light Of Judgment - No Hard Feelings

#427: Light Of Judgment - The Solution

#428: Light Of Judgment - Cleaning House

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

I hope they have an allergy warning for that. Hiding peanuts in the batter, could be awkward otherwise.
That chicken does look good, but isn't Karage usually small fired chicken bits, rather than a big chicken schnitzel? I may not know the intricacies of this.

cant cook creole bream has a new favorite as of 07:49 on Jan 19, 2024

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

I think it's this style of fried chicken:

https://www.justonecookbook.com/fried-chicken-with-scallion-soy-sauce/

Looks pretty goddamn good, to be honest. I'd eat the hell out of it, good thing I don't have a peanut allergy.

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

The Vagabond of Limbo

lost in postation
Aug 14, 2009

"Tu parles !" (which I'm guessing is what's translated here as "you talk") is an expression of disagreement roughly equivalent to "my foot!" or "as if!" The exchange is a little hard to parse if you don't know the phrase.

lost in postation has a new favorite as of 09:51 on Jan 19, 2024

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

lost in postation posted:

"Tu parles !" (which I'm guessing is what's translated here as "you talk") is an expression of disagreement roughly equivalent to "my foot!" or "as if!" The exchange is a little hard to parse if you don't know the phrase.

Thank you! Yeah, it's "tu parles!" in French. I figured it was something like that but couldn't find a good English equivalent. Especially since Axel is also complaining about Musky talking too much, so you can't just use "as if" or similar.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Les armours de Snoopy
Les malheurs de Charlie Brown

I am finding this unexpectedly charming

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

SimonChris posted:

Thank you! Yeah, it's "tu parles!" in French. I figured it was something like that but couldn't find a good English equivalent. Especially since Axel is also complaining about Musky talking too much, so you can't just use "as if" or similar.

"bullshit!" maybe comes a little closer than "as if" because it has connotations of someone saying a bunch of stuff for its effect regardless of its truth value. But then it also carries the baggage of profanity, which I'm not sure is right here (I haven't been keeping up with this one).

A dismissive "you talk!" seems like a useful idiom to have.

Ditocoaf has a new favorite as of 10:39 on Jan 19, 2024

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

perhaps something "hot air" related

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
"Bla bla blaaaa"

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Decent video game premise just waiting to be made.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

English actually has a pretty direct equivalent. "Tu parle" = "says you."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owl at Home
Dec 25, 2014

Well hoot, I don't know if I can say no to that
Prince Valiant in the Days of King Arthur (Oct 29-Nov 5, 1944)