Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

Salvor_Hardin posted:

They should lean into the modern interpretation of raptors from Prehistoric Planet

A little over a decade ago, I wrote their organization and asked them if they had any plans to change to a feathered raptor, now that science believes them to have had such. It would look sick in the team colors, too.

They actually wrote me back saying they had recently changed their logo and were not currently considering switching it again and thanked me for supporting the Toronto Raptors.

Maybe... Maybe the time is now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Veryslightlymad posted:

A little over a decade ago, I wrote their organization and asked them if they had any plans to change to a feathered raptor, now that science believes them to have had such. It would look sick in the team colors, too.

They actually wrote me back saying they had recently changed their logo and were not currently considering switching it again and thanked me for supporting the Toronto Raptors.

Maybe... Maybe the time is now.

This is a great story and makes me wonder what team receives the most email/letters about their logo. Have to imagine a few squares write the Jazz each year asking for a dotted eighth not knowing its implied.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

Rick posted:

I love Koloko as a prospect. Hope he doesn’t have long covid. It was clear the speed of the game was a little much for him when he first started getting pro minutes but he looked like he had promise to develop.

I've seen a few posit that it might be tuberculosis as the treatment schedule for it can be months and months of antibiotics which would align with both the privacy and length of this respiratory illness.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
The last two 3s were sick:

https://x.com/cclark_13/status/1747850500328845573?s=20

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Please make a deep playoff run Pels because if the fans are doing this on a Wednesday night against the Hornets, I can't imagine what it would be like for the 2nd round or CF:

https://twitter.com/relmyers/status/1747824461041016977?s=20

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

More like:

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I want to see some of him running all over the court on offense to get open like Rip Hamilton. I was told he would be doing that.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

there’s a really annoying loud american guy that lives (lived?) in shenzhen who loudly brags to everyone he meets that he’s karl malone’s nephew

first time i met him he walked up to me in a bar and said “guess who my uncle is? he was a famous nba played named malone” and i said “you’re moses malone’s newphew?” and he got mad at me and walked away

haven run into him since before covid so idk maybe he left

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

he’s also a white guy so idk if i believe him

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

fart simpson posted:

there’s a really annoying loud american guy that lives (lived?) in shenzhen who loudly brags to everyone he meets that he’s karl malone’s nephew

first time i met him he walked up to me in a bar and said “guess who my uncle is? he was a famous nba played named malone” and i said “you’re moses malone’s newphew?” and he got mad at me and walked away

I feel I’d rather be Post Malones relative than Karl Malones relative

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I'm curious, what do you pals think of Scottie Barnes?

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Very good player, is taking well to his bigger role, I don't trust his 3pt shooting entirely yet but it's a weapon. Probably will be better as a complementary player and not as "The Guy" but nothing wrong with that and he has some time to build more into his game.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Fast Luck posted:

I want to see some of him running all over the court on offense to get open like Rip Hamilton. I was told he would be doing that.

He does that. They run him off screens a lot.

https://x.com/AlexHoops_/status/1747689309774270852?s=20

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

This is probably my most boomer take but Scottie is a child’s nickname much like Billy.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

if his name was scootie you wouldnt say a freaking word

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

I feel like Scottie on the raptors is going to be like Sabonis on the Pacers. Solid player but not a 1A guy you can build around.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

A good Robin to Rj's batman

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
If Scottie's shot continues to improve, he I think can very much be a 1A guy.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

fart simpson posted:

That's because he was killed by James Harden... . . . .

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Dexo posted:

If Scottie's shot continues to improve, he I think can very much be a 1A guy.

I think he's going to suffer from not having Siakam and his shot release doesn't look like a 40% guy to me, but I do think he has a path to being that guy for sure. I just think his most likely path right now is "Really good if he's your 3rd guy and decent as the 2nd guy" but I'd love to see him start blossoming.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Ghost Dog posted:

if his name was scootie you wouldnt say a freaking word

snyprmag
Oct 9, 2005

Can't decide if going by Scott Barnes would be cooler, kind of sounds like a detective name

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Scott Barnes sounds like someone on a tabloid cover for killing his wife.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Sounds like a guy who would drive across state lines to try and fight Derek Fisher

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Scottie doesn't know

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
https://x.com/cordcuttersnews/status/1747596315293261972?s=46

Bally dying was too good to be true, but at least Prime will replace their garbage-rear end app

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

ˇHola SEA!

Amazon will probably pay for decent production, the TNF games look good and are well presented

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

DeimosRising posted:

Amazon will probably pay for decent production, the TNF games look good and are well presented

It's also very convenient being able to watch on Twitch

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

DeimosRising posted:

Prime vision is amazing I hope they figure out a hoop variant

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

ˇHola SEA!

Metapod posted:

Yeah, I'm optimistic. Same reason I was fine with the Peacock game. If in a few years you can get prime and peacock and i dunno, whatever service has espn or turner or whatever and just get every game/most games that way, that's a huge step up on the old cable model, much less the current mishmash

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Metapod posted:

If it looks like NBA Jam, I’m down.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

Papes posted:

This is probably my most boomer take but Scottie is a child’s nickname much like Billy.

What about Jimmy?????

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

snyprmag posted:

Can't decide if going by Scott Barnes would be cooler, kind of sounds like a detective name

lol there’s a guy in my town notorious for big time lies - used to be CIA, gets paid a lot by the government as pension/to keep quiet, etc - who also routinely brings cute young girls nice pairs of shoes, buys them nice sunglasses, offers to buy them new cars, and chased down a guy and tried to execute a citizen’s arrest for some inane reason because he used to be police of course. Total con man and sleaze ball. Finally kicked him out of my workplace for good for constantly sexually harassing the young (18+) girls. Anyways that’s his name

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
I'm less optimistic Amazon will actually spend on Bally — it sounds like they're just going to offer the RSNs through their "Channels" program so it's not like they're going to make this a flagship program. I think they just saw a cheap way in the door

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

The Maestro posted:

What about Jimmy?????

Not a fan, but people are allowed to go by what they want.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

morestuff posted:

https://x.com/cordcuttersnews/status/1747596315293261972?s=46

Bally dying was too good to be true, but at least Prime will replace their garbage-rear end app

What is going on with that map? What exactly is that strip of no-man's land between WI and MN, and when did we invade Canada?

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
I am still holding out hope for the advent of live VR watching options. Being able to simulate a courtside seat with full range of vision would be awesome.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

ˇHola SEA!

Lockback posted:

What is going on with that map? What exactly is that strip of no-man's land between WI and MN, and when did we invade Canada?

Smaller red maps of the states where they have rights are superimposed above a full map of the U.S. and slightly offset so you can still see the useless lower map

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1748013594908803345