Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
morally just what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
pirate poo poo if you want. the days when mods had to crack down on piracy discussions are long gone.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
i could never morally condone piracy, especially not with windscribe a cheap and reliable VPN that's never caused any issues with IP leaking so long as you make sure the firewall is set to always on by going connection > firewall mode > always on buy now. it would be horrid

CatHorse
Jan 5, 2008

doctorfrog posted:

maybe so, or maybe when you buy something, it should be yours, period.

Unfortunately that's expensive. Minecraft was 2.5 billion dollars.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

pirate poo poo if you want. the days when mods had to crack down on piracy discussions are long gone.

this is true, but please don't post links to where you can get stuff, and we'd prefer if you're not providing advice on which repack to get or w/e. There are lawsuits right now about exactly that: https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2024/01/film-studios-demand-ip-addresses-of-people-who-discussed-piracy-on-reddit/

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever
I knew that Minecraf was bad news when I realised what a piece of poo poo Notch was. He's the only Swedish person I've ever hated.

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

This. In an era where corporations rule every aspect of our life, own our hard work and destroy our planet, I will never understand anyone who takes a moral stand on 'stealing' from billionnaires.

MikusR posted:

Unfortunately that's expensive. Minecraft was 2.5 billion dollars.

They were screwed. I paid $25 for my copy and feel that I'm owed a $50 refund.

JustJeff88 fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Jan 18, 2024

Kaewan
May 29, 2008

JustJeff88 posted:

I knew that Minecraf was bad news when I realised what a piece of poo poo Notch was. He's the only Swedish person I've ever hated.

What did Notch do? I haven’t kept up with minecraft since it first went “infinite.”

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Kaewan posted:

What did Notch do? I haven’t kept up with minecraft since it first went “infinite.”
As I recall it was the usual "turbochud who thinks women have too many rights these days" kind of poo poo.

Airconswitch
Aug 23, 2010

Boston is truly where it all began. Join me in continuing this bold endeavor, so that future generations can say 'this is where the promise was fulfilled.'
Don't forget his opinions on straight and white pride, as well as Pizzagate and Q!

Kaewan
May 29, 2008
Oh boy. What a tool.

Airconswitch
Aug 23, 2010

Boston is truly where it all began. Join me in continuing this bold endeavor, so that future generations can say 'this is where the promise was fulfilled.'
Also he paid $70 million for a Beverly Hills mansion with a candy dispenser wall and it all went stale because he has no friends to eat it with

The General
Mar 4, 2007

IIRC the timeline is something like Notch makes a cool billion or two, gives his only friends the finger on his way out instead of sharing any of the fortune they helped him gain. Then started being a turd online to stay relevant.

Now he lives friendless and alone eating stale candy.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Kaewan posted:

he used his microsoft billions to buy a mansion with an entire wall of candy and then spent all his time locked up alone indoors saying racist stuff on twitter while all his candy went bad because nobody wanted to come over and be his friend

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
This timeline completely ignores that Snoop Dogg invited him over to hang out when he was newly moved in and he dodged it.

Kaewan
May 29, 2008

Hogama posted:

This timeline completely ignores that Snoop Dogg invited him over to hang out when he was newly moved in and he dodged it.

It was because Snoop’s black, wasn’t it?

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club

JustJeff88 posted:

I will never understand anyone who takes a moral stand on 'stealing' from billionnaires.

To an ant, you are a being of incomprehensible wealth. Does that make it okay for the ant to steal?

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

credburn posted:

To an ant, you are a being of incomprehensible wealth. Does that make it okay for the ant to steal?

Yes, final answer, Regis.

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":

Airconswitch posted:

Also he paid $70 million for a Beverly Hills mansion with a candy dispenser wall and it all went stale because he has no friends to eat it with

lmao

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Jellybeans? Two variations of chocolate coins? loving Tootsie Rolls?

Trash selection, no wonder he has no friends.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

just come ask me mr ant, I got more than enough sugar to go around

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

credburn posted:

I've been teaching the ants about leninism, count your days humanity

CatHorse
Jan 5, 2008

JustJeff88 posted:

They were screwed. I paid $25 for my copy and feel that I'm owed a $50 refund.

You bought a limited licence. That's why it was so cheap.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

The General posted:

IIRC the timeline is something like Notch makes a cool billion or two, gives his only friends the finger on his way out instead of sharing any of the fortune they helped him gain. Then started being a turd online to stay relevant.

This is the biggest, most insanely terrible part of the whole thing. Fucker could have given all the people who had helped make minecraft (tens of) millions and he wouldn't even notice it in his banking account and instead just noped out.

Dude just a trash human being.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever
My issue with Notch is really simple. In an era of huge problems and petty, disproportional outrages, I'm offended by anyone who makes ludicrous amounts of money that they could never use, especially from trivial 'contributions' to society, when even in so-called wealthy countries so many people struggle to even survive. I don't care how many touchdowns one scores, how many books one sells or how many people download one's game. There is a utilitarian and power aspect to excessive wealth that disgusts me.

As for troll comments, I make no response. There's apparently a memo posted in the break room for mods on this forum that says that it's okay for anyone to be a dick to me, but if I get the slightest bit angry about anything I must be probated.

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

just come ask me mr ant, I got more than enough sugar to go around

At a previous apartment, I used to put throat lozenges outside for the ants to enjoy. I found that it kept them out of the house.

Hogama posted:

If I wouldn't be no doubt appalled by the luxurious lifestyle that Mr Snoop lives, I would actually go if invited. We have nothing in common and you'd have to pay me to get me to smoke weed, but it would make for a hell of a good story to tell later.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

JustJeff88 posted:

As for troll comments, I make no response. There's apparently a memo posted in the break room for mods on this forum that says that it's okay for anyone to be a dick to me, but if I get the slightest bit angry about anything I must be probated.

stay strong brother

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

The General posted:

Don't forget that his girlfriend who left him before Minecraft blew up, came back to him when it did, married him, and then divorced him shortly afterwards.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
respect

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Remembering how the rimworld guy coded in :biotruths: to his space cannibalism simulator

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

IShallRiseAgain posted:

Don't forget that his girlfriend who left him before Minecraft blew up, came back to him when it did, married him, and then divorced him shortly afterwards.

boom roasted

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

All this politics chat in my free games thread GOD go back to cspam already!!!!!!!!!!1!

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Lib and let die posted:

All this politics chat in my free games thread GOD go back to cspam already!!!!!!!!!!1!

Why? The gooninati meeting isn't for another few hours?

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

JustJeff88 posted:

My issue with Notch is really simple. In an era of huge problems and petty, disproportional outrages, I'm offended by anyone who makes ludicrous amounts of money that they could never use, especially from trivial 'contributions' to society, when even in so-called wealthy countries so many people struggle to even survive. I don't care how many touchdowns one scores, how many books one sells or how many people download one's game. There is a utilitarian and power aspect to excessive wealth that disgusts me.

At a previous apartment, I used to put throat lozenges outside for the ants to enjoy. I found that it kept them out of the house.

If I wouldn't be no doubt appalled by the luxurious lifestyle that Mr Snoop lives, I would actually go if invited. We have nothing in common and you'd have to pay me to get me to smoke weed, but it would make for a hell of a good story to tell later.

drat i wonder why people are a dick to you

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

tokin opposition posted:

Remembering how the rimworld guy coded in :biotruths: to his space cannibalism simulator

However that did lead to the absolute Messiah level thread title Rimworld: No Man's Bi so I can't bring myself to blame him

nitsuga
Jan 1, 2007

Here’s a free game: https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/love-65c4d0

Blaisedell
May 7, 2008

Free Endless Legend here: https://community.amplitude-studios.com/amplitude-studios/endless-dungeon/blogs/935

quote:

How to claim it?

Link your G2G account with Steam
Go to the reward section
Claim it > Play and Enjoy

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Sounds like a lot of effort.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Airconswitch posted:

IIRC he also was bidding for that same property as Jay Z and Beyonce. Imagine his life if he somehow met Beyonce and JayZ and went to that Snoop party. He'd probably be some sort of socialite now, but nope. Man chose hate and conspiracy.

Anyway Endless Legend is a cool game.

Elden Lord Godfrey
Mar 4, 2022
That giant Notch mansion is meant to be for you and your crew of hanger ons. It can only be maintained with an army of servants.

People give Hasan poo poo for living in a mansion but that’s just a big house in LA and he lives with his family and has spare bedrooms for guests.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I already own it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Emails have started going out for those who signed up to maybe get a free Naruto To Boruto Shinobi Striker game from Bandai Namco a while back