Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Yeah, sadly. I don't have an imgur account and you can't upload there from the app without one.

E: an I'm not freakin giving imgur my phone number

Hyperlynx has a new favorite as of 10:07 on Jan 18, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

the trick is to force the desktop site on imgur.com, then you can upload the normal way without the app or an account on mobile :ssh:

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

repiv posted:

the trick is to force the desktop site on imgur.com, then you can upload the normal way without the app or an account on mobile :ssh:

I think the problem is in the Awful App theyve removed the way to upload automatically. You have to have an account with imgur to do it, 3rd party logins are broken as well though not sure if that's imgur or Awful App there.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Aramoro posted:

I think the problem is in the Awful App theyve removed the way to upload automatically. You have to have an account with imgur to do it, 3rd party logins are broken as well though not sure if that's imgur or Awful App there.

Exactly. And that's a pain in the backside.

I get why the app now requires logins, it's because Imgur announced they'd delete images from unregistered users at some unspecified point.

The real fix would be Goon image hosting. And/or embedding of Mastodon links. Oh well. In the mean time there's just going to the link, and I'll try to make sure it's worth it.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
The truck is to create an account

j.peeba
Oct 25, 2010

Almost Human
Nap Ghost
Real hackers use an iOS shortcut :c00lbert:

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

j.peeba posted:

This is true hacking

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

https://img.doerig.dev/ also works for anonymous imgur uploads.

JamesOff
Dec 12, 2002

What a frightening beast!
https://twitter.com/MetroUK/status/1747902772941299884

https://twitter.com/metoffice/status/1747936166542725557

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Get that mountain butthole money, artist. You deserve it

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?
This is absolutely insane.
https://twitter.com/Katy_Mayy/status/1747754500566479287

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-7PSmYYHF0

It's not perfect, the line in they use on their motherboard is noisy, so they had to run 45 "reads" and average / error correct them. In the end they produced a usable GBA Pokemon ROM entirely generated via audio dump.

LASER BEAM DREAM has a new favorite as of 14:02 on Jan 18, 2024

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!
That's phreaking cool

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Rad. It reminds me of how my university did "online classes" 40 years ago where they'd just play a weird tone for 10 mins and if you taped it, you could put that tape in your Commodore 64 or whatever and it'd be a Spanish class

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

projecthalaxy posted:

Rad. It reminds me of how my university did "online classes" 40 years ago where they'd just play a weird tone for 10 mins and if you taped it, you could put that tape in your Commodore 64 or whatever and it'd be a Spanish class

I tried taking a Greek class like this but it was monotonous.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Lobok posted:

I tried taking a Greek class like this but it was monotonous.
Analog data is continuous over a set of bounding wavelengths with an uncountable number of tones so it would be more accurate to call it aperantostone

E. This horrible well actually joke brought to you by the difference between digital noise leaking out of a Gameboy and analog data being a popular data transmission method through the 80s..

zedprime has a new favorite as of 14:52 on Jan 18, 2024

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Oh yeah? Well I don't like your tone, mister.

Actually no, I'm sorry. I'll dial it back.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

zedprime posted:

E. This horrible well actually joke brought to you by the difference between digital noise leaking out of a Gameboy and analog data being a popular data transmission method through the 80s..

Nothing? It's all just beeps making apps dude

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

I’ll be damned, the shortcut works

lifg
Dec 4, 2000
<this tag left blank>
Muldoon

Mauser posted:

That's phreaking cool

This pun deserves more love.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

lifg posted:

This pun deserves more love.

Take your krunchy bs elsewhere

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

war-dialing...

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Lobok posted:

Oh yeah? Well I don't like your tone, mister.

Actually no, I'm sorry. I'll dial it back.

You don't announce what you're doing after you've done it.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

Dr. Lunchables posted:

I’ll be damned, the shortcut works

I mean you still have to open the lid but yeah

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

j.peeba posted:

The shortcut function in iOS is criminally slept on. I use it for everything.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

https://twitter.com/pinkopog/status/1747811952137822570

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

lmao at the ending.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
pigeon targeted high intensity space laser assassination.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://x.com/mikansboxx/status/1747732632371143031?s=46&t=CBKJcBX0BD3U5HgUdsqBtw

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

ultrafilter posted:

BYU says that the LDS church is officially neutral but that it's complicated. Individual members may be though.
It's more than complicated. If you're an LDS student, you are subject to monitoring by the BYU honor code, which includes being at church every week, not having sex if you're straight, not having any kind of romantic relationship if you're gay, not swearing, following the (strict) dress code, "Abstain from alcoholic beverages, tobacco, tea, coffee, vaping, marijuana, and other substance abuse."

If you get caught violating these, you can not only be expelled, but BYU will refuse to release your transcript, so you'll have to start from scratch at another college.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Its cool that universities get to just impose sharia in middle america. is byu even integrated yet

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

projecthalaxy posted:

Its cool that universities get to just impose sharia in middle america. is byu even integrated yet

I wouldn't say "imposing", it's a private university

Griddle of Love
May 14, 2020

It really doesn't matter all that much whether it's a governmental educational institution or not. Them having this sort of power over their wards is always extremely concerning.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

projecthalaxy posted:

is byu even integrated yet

1978 actually, as part of the same LDS policy update that agreed POC have souls and are capable of salvation. Hooray!

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Griddle of Love posted:

It really doesn't matter all that much whether it's a governmental educational institution or not. Them having this sort of power over their wards is always extremely concerning.

It's a great place for athletes to go so they can get used to morality clauses in their professional league contracts.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Lobok posted:

It's a great place for athletes to go so they can get used to morality clauses in their professional league contracts.

no, BYU enforces their code

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

Arsenic Lupin posted:

It's more than complicated. If you're an LDS student, you are subject to monitoring by the BYU honor code, which includes being at church every week, not having sex if you're straight, not having any kind of romantic relationship if you're gay, not swearing, following the (strict) dress code, "Abstain from alcoholic beverages, tobacco, tea, coffee, vaping, marijuana, and other substance abuse."

If you get caught violating these, you can not only be expelled, but BYU will refuse to release your transcript, so you'll have to start from scratch at another college.

Don't forget that getting sexually assaulted could also constitute an honor code violation. And don't expect much help from the local cops either.

https://www.sltrib.com/news/2017/07/27/byu-students-say-victims-of-sexual-assault-are-targeted-by-honor-code/

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

They'll use this to stage a coup

craptown
Oct 7, 2001

Flint_Paper posted:

They'll use this to stage a coup, coup

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

"I present to you my newest design...Lathe Shavings"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer
https://www.threads.net/@jansen_patty/post/C2Rau8orfWr