Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

The NFL is working on this as we speak.

This has Thursday Night Football written ALL over it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Also... lol, you KNOW they want to put Bill on Hard Knocks this year. But I guess he gets out of it by being a new coach.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The NFL is working on this as we speak.

Oh wow, an 18th game already? Who could've seen that coming!

Docjowles posted:

That'd be opening week MNF I'd bet my life on it.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Reid is a great developer of talent in both player and coaching circles, but if he didn't have a QB who could score in 13 seconds he never would have won anything.

And if Mahomes didn't have Reid to develop him, he wouldn't be the kind of QB who could score in 13 seconds. Mahomes wasn't even the first Reid QB who could do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VYsVtC9C38

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/kracze/status/1747976697536708722?s=19

I wish I had a fancy yacht to gently caress off to instead of doing my job

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Docjowles posted:

Thursday? No that's a MNF game if I ever heard one

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
which coach has more playoff appearances and a better record without The Greatest QB of Their Generation? I'll spot Bill 01 because Brady was still developing into the pocket god. Bill did win a Super Bowl in that year so I won't really hold anyone who gives him the edge, but overall I'd take Andie

e: also if you include coaching trees in your judgement it's really no contest

indigi fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Jan 18, 2024

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

I am glad that there is now a more visible keeping a bad coach team than the bears

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Kalli posted:

Shame the Pats don't play the Falcons this year.

but they do in 2025

at foxboro

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I know it doesn't entirely count because he was the DC, but Belichick was very instrumental in the Giants' 2nd SB win. And they rolled into the SB with Jeff Hostetler under center

indigi posted:

e: also if you include coaching trees in your judgement it's really no contest
It's comical how bad the Belichick tree is. Easily one of the most poisoned of any SB winning coach

shyduck fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Jan 18, 2024

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

R.D. Mangles posted:

I am glad that there is now a more visible keeping a bad coach team than the bears

The Jets keeping Saleh & Hackett? It was the same offense as last year but was considerably worse

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

It's kind of funny that Bill tried to draft the perfect contested catch receiver in N'Keal Harry but is going to inherit the actual perfect contested catch receiver in Drake London

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Bill going to a team with an iffy QB situation doesn’t seem great for him

Nov 6, 2002

You know he's gonna bring in some QB he's familiar with like Jimmy G or Jake BBQ.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

You know he's gonna bring in some QB he's familiar with like Jimmy G or Jake BBQ.

Gonna see if Testaverde's still got the juice

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I doubt they will let him have GM control unless they haven’t payed any attention to the last five years

Nov 6, 2002

CharlestheHammer posted:

I doubt they will let him have GM control unless they haven’t payed any attention to the last five years

He's not going to go somewhere that he doesn't have a voice over the most important player on the roster.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
bill to the falcons is such a bad fit since their big issue is getting the offense unfucked. i mean sure this entire division is made up of teams with mediocre to good defenses and no offense so he'll fit right in but he's not gonna solve the main problem they're facing right now

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I doubt he’d be given full roster control but he’s not going to accept being told to just STFU and take what the GM gives him either. They’ll have to come to some sort of working compromise or it will be a poo poo show (again).

Like if you believe the hit pieces, Bill wanted to move on from Mac and Kraft told him no. So Bill just threw up his hands and stopped even trying to coach or develop Mac just to spite him. Probably not exactly how it went down but he clearly doesn’t take “no” well.

E: I haven’t thought about this angle enough. Imagine losing a power struggle to Mac Jones lol

Docjowles fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Jan 18, 2024

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Docjowles posted:

Like if you believe the hit pieces, Bill wanted to move on from Mac and Kraft told him no. So Bill just threw up his hands and stopped even trying to coach or develop Mac just to spite him. Probably not exactly how it went down but he clearly doesn’t take “no” well.

I don't even know who the sympathetic party is supposed to be in this telling.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
TIL Mike McCarthy has exactly the same career winning percentage as Sean Payton (.620). They're both comfortably ahead of Bill Parcells, Pete Carroll, and Tom Landry.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

ˇHola SEA!

General Dog posted:

TIL Mike McCarthy has exactly the same career winning percentage as Sean Payton (.620). They're both comfortably ahead of Bill Parcells, Pete Carroll, and Tom Landry.

Almost identical playoff records too. Payton 9-8, McCarthy 11-11 after last week

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1748059157951832099?t=1bwSI-z4X2CnR24uHo1bog&s=19

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Relentlessboredomm posted:

bill to the falcons is such a bad fit since their big issue is getting the offense unfucked. i mean sure this entire division is made up of teams with mediocre to good defenses and no offense so he'll fit right in but he's not gonna solve the main problem they're facing right now

I disagree. They’re a vet qb away from being very good. They have all the pieces.

Marklar
Jul 24, 2003

Ball is Love
Ball is Life

Relentlessboredomm posted:

I wonder if Bill would want McDaniels as the OC again.

e: also the Falcons would need a QB.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I'm ready for the Atlanta Beli Cousins era

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Marklar posted:

I wonder if Bill would want McDaniels as the OC again.

e: also the Falcons would need a QB.

As far as I know they are on good terms. Kalli has been calling their reunion for a while. Bill loves his nepo bros it’s a pretty obvious and likely connection imo

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://x.com/Schultz_Report/status/1748055155394617844?s=20

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/chargers/status/1748073378794074618

Rooney Rule complete.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Going by the pic, even he knows it's bullshit

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

I feel bad for the social media intern who has to make those big "INTERVIEW" graphics for Twitter posts. They're so obnoxiously stupid.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Especially when everybody knows it's a sham interview

David Shaw has been out of coaching for over a year, why would he even agree to this charade

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

so someone's gonna get an offer shortly then

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Benne posted:

David Shaw has been out of coaching for over a year, why would he even agree to this charade

Maybe he'll be on Harbaugh's staff!

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

Two Stanford head coaches interviewed indeed.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

FizFashizzle posted:

I disagree. They’re a vet qb away from being very good. They have all the pieces.

they've been a qb away for a few years now. idk that Bill is gonna help solve that problem

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Benne posted:

Sometimes you just want to get out of the house

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

From what I can tell Caleb spent half the season setting the world on fire and the other half just being pretty good most of the time while his team crumbled.

I don't know what that says for Kliff, you can argue it either way. Either he helped make the guy good or he didn't make use of a possibly generational talent (obvious arguments to be had here too) later.

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

Benne posted:

I wonder if they give you a nice meal and pay for airfare and a nice hotel? Little mini trip for you to get away and see a new city.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

a neat cape posted:

Maybe he'll be on Harbaugh's staff!

Shaw back as Harbaugh's OC would be amazing.

I would actually start watching Chargers games.