Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

sebzilla posted:

Son of Danny?

Far too much of that sort of thing going on at the moment, making me feel old. Ian Wright's grandson is 22 for gently caress's sake.

Yep. I remember Danny breaking through at Everton so to see his son come through for us is definitely weird. He's part of our youth coaching setup and I believe both his sons are in our system. Bailey has been hitting the goals for a while at youth level but for him to come into the first team and make such a difference straight away is definitely a delightful surprise.

Gassama is from PSG and Musaba from Monaco, so there's a decent pedigree there that Rohl is actually getting a tune from. To have some young attacking talent contracted for multiple years is definitely a welcome change from any other time in the Chansiri era.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
did tom brady give rooney a cigarette first

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Jose posted:

wayne pooney has been sacked as brum manager lol

Just in time to walk into the pooshited job

Tom Brady ready to become the first ever owner/manager/striker

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
They can just bring back the guy the replaced Rooney with. Easy.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Ladies and gentleman, introducing 16 year old 16 games in charge 16 stone Wayne Rooney

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Good on him for losing some weight

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

Wayne Rooney's Birmingham City can be temporarily rebranded to Birmingham City, subject to approval of the new title; Frank Lampard's Birmingham City.

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
https://twitter.com/WayneRooney/status/1742141981604655149?s=20

you're right that 13 weeks isn't a long time but also did you consider not losing any of your games

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
They were in 6th and it was early in the season, what exactly needed to be drastically changed?

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

lmao

big lmao

never change, BCFC

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

pik_d posted:

They were in 6th and it was early in the season, what exactly needed to be drastically changed?

13 weeks wasn't enough time for him to make the changes that would see them actually get relegated

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Nuclear Spoon posted:

https://twitter.com/WayneRooney/status/1742141981604655149?s=20

you're right that 13 weeks isn't a long time but also did you consider not losing any of your games

Going by his career managerial record of 41-38-73 I'm gonna say he didn't

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

Bumhead posted:

Yep. I remember Danny breaking through at Everton so to see his son come through for us is definitely weird. He's part of our youth coaching setup and I believe both his sons are in our system. Bailey has been hitting the goals for a while at youth level but for him to come into the first team and make such a difference straight away is definitely a delightful surprise.

Gassama is from PSG and Musaba from Monaco, so there's a decent pedigree there that Rohl is actually getting a tune from. To have some young attacking talent contracted for multiple years is definitely a welcome change from any other time in the Chansiri era.

marvin johnson

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Finn Azaz to Boro, Plymouth Argyle fans must really hate us by now

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
And I feel so proud
to be alive
leeds have had enough of spence and sent him back lol. a lot of leeds fans seem baffled by this although some think he wasn't making an effort? seems a weird split in opinion

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Nuclear Spoon posted:

leeds have had enough of spence and sent him back lol. a lot of leeds fans seem baffled by this although some think he wasn't making an effort? seems a weird split in opinion

apparently it’s an attitude issue

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
I thought he was fine. Figured he'd been recalled because he's the only spurs defender with working knees but apparently Leeds terminated the loan early. We have no depth at full back either. An odd decision all round

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Troy Queef posted:

apparently it’s an attitude issue

Ange will fix him

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Neil Warnock stays winning.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
How poo poo must Carlisle be?

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Brum actually made a good decision and hired Mowbray to replace Wazza

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

I'm trying to win the World Cup
but I'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps playing Argentina onside

how's Leicester city doing i haven't been paying attn

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Doing okay, only 10 points clear at the top of the table.

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

Sometimes when teams are relegated it's simply due to a complete aberration or a glitch in the matrix.

I'm pretty sure if Leicester were in the Prem this year, with the exact same coaching and player personnel they have now, they'd be safely mid table. I don't really know what went wrong for them last year, but as someone who has been forced to closely follow the EFL for 24 years, I can't remember a team ever coming down in better shape than Leicester. Maybe the 2 times Newcastle came down and won it first go at a canter - but even then Leicester are probably better positioned for their inevitable return.

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

Bumhead posted:

Sometimes when teams are relegated it's simply due to a complete aberration or a glitch in the matrix.

I'm pretty sure if Leicester were in the Prem this year, with the exact same coaching and player personnel they have now, they'd be safely mid table. I don't really know what went wrong for them last year, but as someone who has been forced to closely follow the EFL for 24 years, I can't remember a team ever coming down in better shape than Leicester. Maybe the 2 times Newcastle came down and won it first go at a canter - but even then Leicester are probably better positioned for their inevitable return.

Part of it is maybe that last season was just incredibly close the the bottom of the premier league, I think at one point halfway through the season there was 3 points separating 18th and 10th. Made it quite easy for typically mid table teams to have a few bad results and end up in relegation trouble.

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

Mainwaring posted:

Part of it is maybe that last season was just incredibly close the the bottom of the premier league, I think at one point halfway through the season there was 3 points separating 18th and 10th. Made it quite easy for typically mid table teams to have a few bad results and end up in relegation trouble.

Yeah I think that's fair. The issue when it's tight is that teams who didn't expect to be involved can sleep walk towards trouble and by the time it really sinks in, it's too late. I seem to remember Leicester actually getting relegated feeling like a really abstract, weird thing to consider until there were about 3 games left, and by that point it looked like their heads had gone.

Don't think it's too unfair to suggest that the 3 sides who dropped last year were substantially better than the 3 who replaced them. Potentially still are.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Leicester lost 22 games last season, they were objectively terrible. 1 point from their first 7 matches to start the season and they lost 4 in a row three other times during the season.

Any complacency should have been gone after September when they had one (1) point.

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

I mean yeah that's a recipe for relegation right there and it should have sunk in quicker than it did.

But the prior season Southampton, Leeds and Everton all finished just above the drop and were favourites to struggle again. Forest were pegged to be down there as a newly promoted club. Maybe Bournemouth too, who folk always tip to struggle. Leicester finished 8th in 21/22.

They weren't circling the drain for years, still had (and have) talent, aren't regarded as a debt ridden crisis club (certainly not in EFL or Everton terms) and have raked in a ton of money from player sales since dropping. There's no denying how much they stunk last year but for Leicester to go down absolutely does feel like an outlier, and like I say, I can't remember seeing a relegated team approach a Championship season in any better shape as a club. Leicester are completely fine, are strolling back up and I don't expect to see them back down here again for years.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
It's also confusing that some of the players who had been Leicester's best performers in previous seasons immediately left and went back to being good again for other clubs. There was something in the air last season that made the whole club underperform.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

vyelkin posted:

It's also confusing that some of the players who had been Leicester's best performers in previous seasons immediately left and went back to being good again for other clubs. There was something in the air last season that made the whole club underperform.

You can just say the problem was Brenda

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

He can't kill me. I'm indestructible. Everybody knows that

Leicester's problems were made considerably worse by loving up their plan of selling players for a good profit and the owners having cashflow problems meaning that they couldn't sign anyone.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Well, the second half is sure gonna be stressful

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
next level work from millwall to cause a traffic problem to delay the game and then to cut the power.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Blasmeister posted:

Well, the second half is sure gonna be stressful

Maresca is bald and Robins is not, it was inevitable

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
And I feel so proud
to be alive
reading v port vale abandoned after a fans protest the ownership

https://twitter.com/thetilehurstend/status/1746190218745544921?s=46

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Would have been nice for our "experienced head" new midfield signing to not get sent off on his debut but oh well I guess we can wait another week for some points

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Boro are BACK

until next week when we inevitably lose at home to Rotherham

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

Dell_Zincht posted:

Boro are BACK

until next week when we inevitably lose at home to Rotherham

We are so back

Adrianics
Aug 15, 2006

Affirmative. Yes. Yo. Right on. My man.
As a Coventry fan, can I just say: :awesome:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010