Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

this is our own bespoke thread for all the financial crimes going on in the efl, I suppose occasioanlly we will also talk about middlesbrough, forest green, leeds and wrexham??

let's look back at what we got through last year.

we all knew, expected and believed that chuba akpom would be top scorer, considering he spent multiple months out injured his final tally of 28 in the league and 31 in all competitions is pretty sick imho

the runner up, big cock gyock as we call him is GONE, we wish him well in portugal???

https://twitter.com/LaticsOfficial/status/1597518322416975872?s=20

lol

https://twitter.com/JPercyTelegraph/status/1627724189615390761?s=20

https://twitter.com/JPercyTelegraph/status/1630904824874016771?s=20

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/mar/12/efl-place-burnley-under-transfer-embargo-after-late-accounts-submission

https://twitter.com/EFL_Comms/status/1637854230156304394?s=20

bury are back btw
https://buryfc.co.uk/bury-football-club-we-are-back/?mc_cid=dee871107a

i hope we are all excited for another action packed season of financial crimes, i know I am.

season starts next week

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
I look forward to another season of financial responsibility. And the tickets that Wednesday appear to be marketing to drug dealers.

Rogue0071
Dec 8, 2009

Grey Hunter's next target.

Can't believe Boro will have the best manager in the league on opening day two years running.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Rated the thread 5 but then deducted 5 points for financial irregularities

Don't know what to make of Leeds. Farkes great but 800 players have left and so far we've signed Ampadu and that's it. Expecting big things from whoever's left and the young lads who were out on loan last season

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Daniel James has returned to his level.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
It doesn't seem right that the season starts next week. Time has condensed, probably a climate change thing.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Shrapnig posted:

Daniel James has returned to his level.

He’s not in league 2 yet

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

karmicknight posted:

I look forward to another season of financial responsibility. And the tickets that Wednesday appear to be marketing to drug dealers.

are they expecting like, cashier's check, or money order, or just people to stroll up to the ticket window with a fat stack of bills?

JingleBells
Jan 7, 2007

Oh what fun it is to see the Harriers win away!

ItohRespectArmy posted:

bury are back btw
https://buryfc.co.uk/bury-football-club-we-are-back/?mc_cid=dee871107a

i hope we are all excited for another action packed season of financial crimes, i know I am.

season starts next week

They played their first league game there yesterday, check out the crowd for a ninth tier game:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoSAoL2basQ

Reportedly they'll get about £1.3m in funding from the council/government so they're going to walk the next few leagues I think

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Boro don't have a striker for the first game of the season.

Or a left back

And Akpom is still injured

*Cries*

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

Dell_Zincht posted:

Or a left back

*Cries*

who needs a left back when youve got HAYDEN COULSON

we're going up

Rogue0071
Dec 8, 2009

Dell_Zincht posted:

Or a left back

*Cries*

We have some depth at striker (Crooks, Rogers, Coburn if he's back from injury, Forss if moved back from right winger) . We don't have a quality, top level striker like we had at the end of last season with Archer but we could muddle through for a bit while we look for a loan from the Prem or whatnot.

Left back we literally don't have a senior player other than Coulson or playing someone significantly out of position like we did with McGree second half against Auxerre. Plus with Smith and Dijksteel out we're already going to be playing a makeshift right back in McNair or Van den Berg.

Injury issues in general are really bad at the moment - Akpom, Howson, Smith, Dijksteel, Coburn, and Clarke all out.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Tearfully bookmarking this thread. Really got no idea what to expect from Leicester this season, could be anything from a rebound to a Sunderland.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Blasmeister posted:

Tearfully bookmarking this thread. Really got no idea what to expect from Leicester this season, could be anything from a rebound to a Sunderland.

Leicester are going to piss the league IMO

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

All predictions are subject to change (mostly if Gus Hamer ends up leaving)

Winner: Leicester
R/U: Coventry
Playoffs: Boro, Leeds, Soton (winners), Millwall
Relegated: Wednesday, Rotherham, QPR
First to get a point deduction: Wednesday
Best promoted team: Ipswich
Most improved: Blues
Golden Boot: who knows, probably Zian Flemming
POTY: Hayden Hackney
MOTY: Mark Robins
Biggest bust: Will Keane at PNE

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

JingleBells posted:

They played their first league game there yesterday, check out the crowd for a ninth tier game:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoSAoL2basQ

Reportedly they'll get about £1.3m in funding from the council/government so they're going to walk the next few leagues I think

This is really good to see.

Also not convinced its gonna be a good season for Exeter at all, not been a fan of our business over the break

SoylentCola
Mar 21, 2001

Ultra Carp
QPR need 3 clubs to do bad financial crimes this season to stay up, so I think we may have a reasonable chance.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

SoylentCola posted:

QPR need 3 clubs to do bad financial crimes this season to stay up, so I think we may have a reasonable chance.

honestly i'd take the over.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
has Wigan paid their players yet? (i know they got relegated last year I had to check)

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
feel it Karl Darlow is here. RIP meslier, you were immense but some combination of the world cup break and having to listen to jesse marsch made you forget how to do goalkeeping. I'd have thought the champo would be a good place to get the confidence back but apparently not

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
Lol

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

karmicknight posted:

has Wigan paid their players yet? (i know they got relegated last year I had to check)

A rich local guy who also owns a good bit of Wigan RLFC bought them and paid off all debts, so yes

Rogue0071
Dec 8, 2009

Wigan did have several of their better players terminate their contracts and leave on frees due to the nonpayments though.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Let’s Remember A Guy https://twitter.com/coventry_city/status/1686454363458256901?s=46&t=H3Sb6azR2C6xsKWhQLRvOw

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/bcfc/status/1686997687084982272?s=46&t=jjxBGon2ojs3ZIzagJT3WA

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Did they sack the person playing Beau Brummie?

I suppose he's used to wearing padded costumes

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
over under on whether nfl stars are better or worse owners than chinese lunatics and arab frauds

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

Wednesday have just about cobbled together a matchday 18 over the last 10 days or so, and the accounts were poo poo-but-not-as-poo poo-as-feared, so I'm slightly more confident of finishing 21st rather than fully expecting 24th.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Bumhead posted:

Wednesday have just about cobbled together a matchday 18 over the last 10 days or so, and the accounts were poo poo-but-not-as-poo poo-as-feared, so I'm slightly more confident of finishing 21st rather than fully expecting 24th.

qpr have 24th locked up tbh

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Hopefully everyone at Blues has enjoyed their last tomato-based product, because with TB12 having input on nutrition and sports science he’ll put his weird ideas into practice.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

ItohRespectArmy posted:

qpr have 24th locked up tbh

now now, let's not count out touchdown tom.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

Bumhead posted:

i tbhink with big di'shon and bambo competing for game time at the back we are going to be fine. not enthused about any of our forwards so it looks like bannan will be swirling in fks the whole time. imagine we will go down 5-0 to southampton tonight

Mashed Potato
Aug 29, 2008
Argyle back in the championship after a long hiatus. Current owner seems very sensible and has made a point of how important financial sustainability is to our long term success - so I predict a swift relegation as we clearly won't be up to the league standards for financial crimes per 90.

whostolemyhat
Jan 15, 2014

Oxford put five past QPR in pre-season, so that definitely means a promotion push this year, rather than the flailing around nearly getting relegated that happened last season.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Mashed Potato posted:

Argyle back in the championship after a long hiatus. Current owner seems very sensible and has made a point of how important financial sustainability is to our long term success - so I predict a swift relegation as we clearly won't be up to the league standards for financial crimes per 90.

We can only hope you come straight back down, want the devon derby back please

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Football is back tonight. let the crimes commence

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Looking forward to the crime of Southampton losing to an in disarray Sheffield Wednesday.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
football is back and all the stars are here.

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

I'm trying to win the World Cup
but I'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps playing Argentina onside

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
fabulous sequence of 3 shots being blasted into defenders before a 4th gets sliced out for a throw

we're so back