Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail
I think the Chargers are making a mistake if they don't attempt to trade up for MHJ. You already have Herbert why not try to pair him with a generational #1 wr for his career? Look at the Bengals exploding when they got Chase for a recent example

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
Look at this falcons going after Julio for an example, I would say that worked pretty well for them.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Master Stur posted:

I think the Chargers are making a mistake if they don't attempt to trade up for MHJ. You already have Herbert why not try to pair him with a generational #1 wr for his career? Look at the Bengals exploding when they got Chase for a recent example

Okay but which team is going to trade with them

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail

Metapod posted:

Okay but which team is going to trade with them

Pats and cards? Pats are dumb if they don't take a QB instead so realistically it's the cards. They may or may not bite but we're just talking about mock drafts or what teams should try for

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Master Stur posted:

Pats and cards? Pats are dumb if they don't take a QB instead so realistically it's the cards. They may or may not bite but we're just talking about mock drafts or what teams should try for

I whole heartedly disagree

The Chargers have a ton of holes and give up the farm to move up a spot to draft a WR who isn't that much better than Nabers when Nabers will be there at 5 is very counterintuitive

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail

a neat cape posted:

I whole heartedly disagree

The Chargers have a ton of holes and give up the farm to move up a spot to draft a WR who isn't that much better than Nabers when Nabers will be there at 5 is very counterintuitive

That's fair I thought MHJ was considered significantly better than the other top WRs.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Master Stur posted:

That's fair I thought MHJ was considered significantly better than the other top WRs.

He's definitely the no brainer number one WR, but I don't think he's head and shoulders above Nabers. I could be wrong though

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail

a neat cape posted:

He's definitely the no brainer number one WR, but I don't think he's head and shoulders above Nabers. I could be wrong though

You and me both lol. Basically my thought process was if the chargers and most people consider herbie a top 5 qb then trading the farm is worth it for a "can't miss" generationational wr and losing a first the next year or so doesn't matter too much if the assumption is they're late in the round. And if this is a off year it's a rare chance to make this kind of move cheaper than if you had a late pick.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot
I’ve seen scouts call Nabers a more physical OBJ. That alone is enough to draft him at 5.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Nabers film is very entertaining. Daniels has a strong arm but not entirely accurate and Nabers' ability to adjust in mid air or mid route is pretty outstanding. His after the catch ability is shifty and strong. He also has this burst speed where he'll be going fast and then suddenly faster like he's holding up on a route to bait in defenders. I know we joke but he does run routes, they're just kind of lose. Makes me think he has a pretty strong feel for the game less so than being a bad technician.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
I think MHJ is exactly one head and shoulder above Nabers.

I think they have roughly similar ceilings, but MHJ's technique and floor is so far beyond what I see in most top prospect receivers.

Nabers can get there but MHJ is like already there.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I feel like I've seen multiple different places say something along the lines of "Nabers would be WR1 in almost any draft class it's just that this one has the next Larry Fitzgerald/Calvin Johnson level prospect" so I would absolutely take him over Bowers if I were the Chargers

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Master Stur posted:

Yall sleeping on Odunze. He'd be a better pick than bowers for.the chargers

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

IcePhoenix posted:

I feel like I've seen multiple different places say something along the lines of "Nabers would be WR1 in almost any draft class it's just that this one has the next Larry Fitzgerald/Calvin Johnson level prospect" so I would absolutely take him over Bowers if I were the Chargers

This is true.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

EmbryoSteve posted:

Not sleeping. But Nabers has wheels unlike any other WR in this draft.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I predict MHJ falling to 5 and the Chargers regardless.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Gatts posted:

I predict MHJ falling to 5 and the Chargers regardless.

In that case the topic is moot lol

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail
Are you thinking the cards take a QB or someone else? If theyre sticking with Kyler then MHJ seems p obvious

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

A Sneaker Broker posted:

Not sleeping. But Nabers has wheels unlike any other WR in this draft.

lol he runs like a 4.40, Rome is faster.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Master Stur posted:

Are you thinking the cards take a QB or someone else? If theyre sticking with Kyler then MHJ seems p obvious

They could probably use a tackle

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

EmbryoSteve posted:

I have him narrowly behind Nabers atm. Odunze has similar body control and run after catch abilities. He put up a lot of highlights this year catching off target passes from Penix. Not that Penix does that constantly, just that it does happen and Odunze can adjust. Guy literally catches everything. He's also fast as hell but more of a catch the ball, turn up field, and take off than the craftiness of Nabers. He's a big guy and he can drag for a couple of extra yards on contact but he really makes his impact just sprinting past people. Nabers and Odunze both had insane seasons this year production wise too.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Master Stur posted:

As long as things go to plan, they get MHJ.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

A Buffer Gay Dude posted:

lol he runs like a 4.40, Rome is faster.

He will put up a 4.38, and I will laugh and cry because the Chargers get to use his services.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

A Sneaker Broker posted:

He will put up a 4.38, and I will laugh and cry because the Chargers get to use his services.

I don’t know what it’s from but Rome has a 4.37, he’s fast and also fast in pads. He’s one of those guys that doesn’t look fast because he’s effortless.

Anyway I can say with 100% certainty and no sarcasm that Nabers is your classic overrated SEC WR, he finally had some production once LSU lucked into a Pac12 castoff QB and had to finally run a modern-ish offense. So now he’ll go two rounds too high. Name one good receiver out of LSU that’s looked good in the league. I’ll wait.

A Buffer Gay Dude fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Jan 19, 2024

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

I don’t know what it’s from but Rome has a 4.37, he’s fast and also fast in pads. He’s one of those guys that doesn’t look fast because he’s effortless.

Anyway I can say with 100% certainty and no sarcasm that Nabers is your classic overrated SEC WR, he finally had some production once LSU lucked into a Pac12 castoff QB and had to finally run a modern-ish offense. So now he’ll go two rounds too high. Name one good receiver out of LSU that’s looked good in the league. I’ll wait.

Ja'Marr Chase
Justin Jefferson
Terrance Marshall (Get Him a QB Please)
Odell Beckham Jr

--------------------------

DJ Chark
Juice Landry

There's been quite a few.

E: Also worth the mention is Brian Thomas Jr. He will be outstanding in the NFL (and may sneak his way into the first round as well.)

A Sneaker Broker fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Jan 19, 2024

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I'm not sure if he's joking or not but LSU is the last SEC team you want to say produces bad WRs

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
It’s like the most obvious troll

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Gotta be a troll but Terrace Marshall does suck.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
Jesus Christ lol

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Jesus Christ lol

It wasn't very good and came out of left field

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

A Sneaker Broker posted:

Ja'Marr Chase
Justin Jefferson
Terrance Marshall (Get Him a QB Please)
Odell Beckham Jr

--------------------------

DJ Chark
Juice Landry

There's been quite a few.

E: Also worth the mention is Brian Thomas Jr. He will be outstanding in the NFL (and may sneak his way into the first round as well.)

A qb doesn't change Marshall being dumb as rocks and a lazy dipshit.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Doltos posted:

LSU probably has the best receiving group in the entire league lol

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

BlindSite posted:

A qb doesn't change Marshall being dumb as rocks and a lazy dipshit.

Lowkey, I want my packers to trade for him.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Doltos posted:

Agreed. I love my trolls but that one was unrecognizable between troll and confusion.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i quickly refuted the troll's ludicrously incorrect claims, then went on the offensive against the attempt after realizing what was going on. keep it up little perpetrator and one day when you're good enough we might share a knowing glance

i wonder what pick kris jenkins will go at

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Cavauro posted:

i quickly refuted the troll's ludicrously incorrect claims, then went on the offensive against the attempt after realizing what was going on. keep it up little perpetrator and one day when you're good enough we might share a knowing glance

i wonder what pick kris jenkins will go at

Somewhere early in the second round. He is the prize if you can’t land Jer’Zhan Newton.

E: Spelling

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

A Sneaker Broker posted:

Lowkey, I want my packers to trade for him.

At this point a late pick would probably get it done. If he's not stopping on routes, running the wrong route or not bothering to block he's lining up incorrectly and costing us touchdowns. The dude just does not want to be a pro football player. He pissed and moaned during the season because he hosed off all camp and every play about not getting time so he was given permission to seek a trade and no one offered poo poo.

The dude needs a new situation in the worst way.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
Didn't MHJ reach a higher top speed than Tyreek this year

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

A Sneaker Broker posted:

Agreed. I love my trolls but that one was unrecognizable between troll and confusion.

Dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

Doltos posted:

Dude