Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

MachineGames does Indiana Jones? It's nazi killing time again :hellyeah:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htGnW6YNPjs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Wolfenstein is already Indiana Jones-coded as gently caress so it seems like a no brainer. Running on id Tech 7 I think?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Indiana Jones theme but it's screamo

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Infinitum posted:

MachineGames does Indiana Jones? It's nazi killing time again :hellyeah:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htGnW6YNPjs

It looks promising but The Great Circle makes it sound like a kindergarten program

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Indiana Jones: Spirit Circle

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Anyone watch the recent Indiana jones movie?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Yeah it had the most batshit ending sequence out of all of em. CG mess instead of practical, so that sucked, but the idea was wild.

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass

Shinjobi posted:

Yeah it had the most batshit ending sequence out of all of em. CG mess instead of practical, so that sucked, but the idea was wild.

but was it better or worse than Crystal Skull??

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

PlushCow posted:

I hated it, thought it was the worst of all the movies. Crystal Skull I thought was.... okay. Certainly not great and not even good, but it (for me) at least had a little of the Indiana Jones "feel" to it. Dial of Destiny, apart from a couple little sparks here and there, absolutely did not.

As for this game, if they can make an Uncharted/Tomb Raider style game but with Indiana Jones that'll be great. Who is doing Indy's voice? It sounds like Harrison Ford (who I am assuming it is not! :lol:) but also like all the emphasis has gone into making it sound like Harrison Ford so nothing has been set aside to go towards actual performance, just being a sound-a-like (please tell me it's not AI :sigh:).

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

PlushCow posted:

Crystal Skull had an uneven but mooostly enjoyable first half, and then it crapped its pants big on the back end.

Dial of Destiny was more consistent throughout, but I don't think it came close to any of the previous highs. So it's definitely skippable.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

They were both bad. Franchise needs to die.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
It probably has.

For now.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Jerusalem posted:

I hated it, thought it was the worst of all the movies. Crystal Skull I thought was.... okay. Certainly not great and not even good, but it (for me) at least had a little of the Indiana Jones "feel" to it. Dial of Destiny, apart from a couple little sparks here and there, absolutely did not.

As for this game, if they can make an Uncharted/Tomb Raider style game but with Indiana Jones that'll be great. Who is doing Indy's voice? It sounds like Harrison Ford (who I am assuming it is not! :lol:) but also like all the emphasis has gone into making it sound like Harrison Ford so nothing has been set aside to go towards actual performance, just being a sound-a-like (please tell me it's not AI :sigh:).

It’s worse than AI: it’s just Troy Baker again.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Shinjobi posted:

yeah that ending was loving wild and I enjoyed that part, but was disappointed because somehow despite all the supernatural bullshit in Indiana Jones, that felt like a step too far

The rest of the movie was middling and the lady mc was just terrible

Gaius Marius posted:

Franchise needs to die.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Like Die Hard, it's better to pretend no other movies exist outside the original trilogies

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Captain Invictus posted:

The rest of the movie was middling and the lady mc was just terrible

her and that kid were awful

harrison ford being too old for stunts made action scenes seem boring, that car chase scene was so long and uninspired

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
If anything watching Dial of Destiny made me realize how good Spielberg’s directing on Crystal Skull was even if the script sucked. None of the action in DOD had any impact

You get great action scenes like Indy being dragged into a car and then climbing back out. Here and there the old Indy magic was back.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQRYJQaCJWM

And stuff like this
https://x.com/ciloversgroup/status/1637471395415306241?s=46

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Jan 19, 2024

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I honestly consider it an accomplishment they found someone more aggravating than LeBeouf for the Indy replacement slot.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I already forgot they made another another one. Sounds like I shouldn't bother.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Gaius Marius posted:

I honestly consider it an accomplishment they found someone more aggravating than LeBeouf for the Indy replacement slot.

Ke Huy Quan wasn't a hot name when they started filming, give them a break, they'll fix it next time

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
The car chase scene in dial of Destiny:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrktxWUgcyA

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Last thing I saw with Shia laboeuf was nymph()maniac I think, like 10 years ago. I hope he’s doing ok

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

He's dating Mia Goth
Oh poo poo they're married

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

Gaius Marius posted:

He's dating Mia Goth
Oh poo poo they're married

The Mia Goth that’s accused of intentionally kicking an extra in the head and giving him a concussion, then calling him up to mock him about it?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I don't think people should date Sims characters.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Jay Rust posted:

Last thing I saw with Shia laboeuf was nymph()maniac I think, like 10 years ago. I hope he’s doing ok

I know someone who was working on a movie with him (and Dasha from Red Scare) and she said he prays a lot.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

exquisite tea posted:

commonts nala

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

Anyone watch the recent Indiana jones movie?

I enjoyed it a lot

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

latest tribes 3 playtest is exclusively a 12v12 multi flag mode, as far as I can see you can't even play the lame rear end 5v5 esports mode that was highlighted in the other tests even in custom lobbies. we won tribes gamers rise up

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

exquisite tea posted:

I am fluent in Simlish, it's not a problem.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

exquisite tea posted:

try and stop me.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

this year is the 20th anniversary of sims 2, is my ex post facto justification for why I am playing sims 2 with a big checklist of things that are possible to do in the sims 2. i've currently done 8 of them

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
How is 2? I’ve only really sunk my teeth into the original Sims (I think without any expansions)

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Just based on how much my sister still loves it, I'm gonna say very good

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

sims 2 is an extremely different game from 1, especially with all the poo poo the expansions add. sims in sims 1 are kinda blank slates and mostly have whatever personalities you ascribe to them while they go around trying to fulfill their basic needs. sims in 2 have wants and fears that are partly dictated by the aspiration you choose for them when you make them and partly dictated by their memories and relationships with other people. so they'll just get a whim sometimes like "I want to eat a hamburger", "I want to be friends with this person I just met", "I want to have 'woohoo'" (They Want To gently caress) or fears like "I would be sad if my wife died". and also just arbitrarily like or dislike things and people for superficial reasons

it's one of those series where, the first game is iconic but kinda barebones and the second game fills in all the blanks, like pokemon or yakuza

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i don't remember which one it was (3 or 4) but i liked the one where i could become a mad scientist as a profession and do experiments on household objects like the toilet

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Like having pizza and ice cream on the same night?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Kerrzhe posted:

i don't remember which one it was (3 or 4) but i liked the one where i could become a mad scientist as a profession and do experiments on household objects like the toilet

we still talkin about video games or just my weekend

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Kerrzhe posted:

they all have mad scientist careers but 3 and 4 are the ones where you can make weird upgrades to poo poo. also all of the sims games have some variety of robot sims you can build which is fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
https://twitter.com/RealEstateMaxi/status/1747362465266978979

https://twitter.com/Krtzyy/status/1748089431276622174