Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I think an important question is "does Draymond have access to KGB era spy weapons"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squinky v2.0
Nov 16, 2006

Behind you! A three headed monkey!

College Slice

Salvor_Hardin posted:

I am still holding out hope for the advent of live VR watching options. Being able to simulate a courtside seat with full range of vision would be awesome.

The nets messed around with something like this but you were sitting courtside at a live simulcast of the game happening in an NBA 2k style engine. a bizarre choice that totally ruins the product, but I assume it’s a lot less resource intensive.

Eratik
Jun 23, 2004

I like your style.
There were VR broadcasts a few years ago. I watched one with google glass until my phone got very hot. It was fine for what it is. There was a camera on the side and IIRC one above or behind the basket. I don't know if they do them anymore.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

Papes posted:

This is probably my most boomer take but Scottie is a child’s nickname much like Billy.

I will continue to go by Billy, as that's the only name I've actually known or been called by the few people in this world I actually love or, indeed, have any respect for at all. William's the sucker who has to pay my taxes. Changing my name because it doesn't "sound adult" to a collection of given uptight corporate randos wouldn't make me more of an adult. It'd just make me a loving pushover. It's about conformity, not growing up.

A litmus test that has literally never failed me in my adult life is whether or not someone will call me by my name after I tell them. If they don't, they're an rear end in a top hat. 100% of the time. Not just to me, but to everyone else around them. As inevitable as the tides.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Eratik posted:

There were VR broadcasts a few years ago. I watched one with google glass until my phone got very hot. It was fine for what it is. There was a camera on the side and IIRC one above or behind the basket. I don't know if they do them anymore.

They do, schedule here

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
I've watched the VR games. Their good, and if I'm cool with being totally isolated from the goings ons at my house I'd do it but I don't actively seek it out. I had a lot more fun for like a quarter than the rest of the game though.

It's not really "like being at a game" imo, it's just a novel way to watch basketball.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Tragic passing also describes the warriors ball movement this year. IMO

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Bismack Billabongo posted:

:vince:

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Salvor_Hardin posted:

I am still holding out hope for the advent of live VR watching options. Being able to simulate a courtside seat with full range of vision would be awesome.

e:fb pretty sure they tried this for some select games on LP. i assume it just didn't really catch on

---

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9BUZfXB4Hw

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

lol

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

https://twitter.com/TheDunkCentral/status/1748056859926200764
i fully understand that this is standard nbacentral clickbait, but who the gently caress is betting on kyle lowry's possible destinations

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

I’m dumb nvm

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

stuker posted:

i fully understand that this is standard nbacentral clickbait, but who the gently caress is betting on kyle lowry's possible destinations

There is a reason all these sports gambling ads have to have numbers and links to resources to help people.

There are people who are completely down catastrophic gambling on poo poo.

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

mods are asleep post Grayson

https://x.com/Suns/status/1748097888574677304

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

The Maestro posted:

lol there’s a guy in my town notorious for big time lies - used to be CIA, gets paid a lot by the government as pension/to keep quiet, etc - who also routinely brings cute young girls nice pairs of shoes, buys them nice sunglasses, offers to buy them new cars, and chased down a guy and tried to execute a citizen’s arrest for some inane reason because he used to be police of course. Total con man and sleaze ball. Finally kicked him out of my workplace for good for constantly sexually harassing the young (18+) girls. Anyways that’s his name

Sounds like he should stick to basketball

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Prop bets are also like the biggest margin too. You don't need much action to make these stupid bets super profitable.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

just can't get enough of grayson's redemption arc

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

stuker posted:

I'm more surprised there are teams that want to "land" Kyle Lowry.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I’ve hated duke since I was old enough to know what basketball was and I was fully prepared to hate GR£yson but he hasn’t done anything cunty and is shooting the loving lights out. Of course now that I say that he’ll probably punch that fat piece of crap luca in the scrotum or something.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Tbh I’d probably like him more at that point

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001

I’ve hated duke since I was old enough to know what basketball was and I was fully prepared to hate GR£yson but he hasn’t done anything cunty and is shooting the loving lights out. Of course now that I say that he’ll probably punch that fat piece of crap luca in the scrotum or something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbqDrEF3ZZ0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoisNEwkIg4

or do you mean specifically in phoenix

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

Veryslightlymad posted:

I will continue to go by Billy, as that's the only name I've actually known or been called by the few people in this world I actually love or, indeed, have any respect for at all. William's the sucker who has to pay my taxes. Changing my name because it doesn't "sound adult" to a collection of given uptight corporate randos wouldn't make me more of an adult. It'd just make me a loving pushover. It's about conformity, not growing up.

A litmus test that has literally never failed me in my adult life is whether or not someone will call me by my name after I tell them. If they don't, they're an rear end in a top hat. 100% of the time. Not just to me, but to everyone else around them. As inevitable as the tides.

For sure. Anyone who deadnames or won’t use your preferred name sucks.

Just to be clear I was just messing around online, didn’t mean to offend.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

what in the absolute hell

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Yeah, in Phoenix. Obviously his rep before the suns is what it is but he’s behaved himself, I’m willing to overlook the past especially when he’s playing this well

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Grayson Allen must be destroyed

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

Strawberry Panda posted:

I'm more surprised there are teams that want to "land" Kyle Lowry.

i think that's where i'm at on the betting odds, though dexo/lockback make good points

bovada not letting me do a quick check on who they have listed, but i have to imagine there are some more meaningful trade pieces you'd hit on the list before getting to lowry

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

Please don’t believe Amazon is going to maintain a good product beyond the point where they’ve run their competition out of business. Look at their whole thing. They’re not gonna let you kick the football this time either

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.
Jeff bezos is the Grayson Allen of billionaires

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

jake fischer is a bullshit man and doesnt actually know anything, i doubt there's any real interest from any other team in thicc kyle

pretend i quoted one of the half dozen lowry posts instead of just firing this into the void

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

R.D. Mangles posted:

Grayson Allen must be destroyed

And when he is definitely on the bulls for the 2026-27 season? What then

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Aye Doc posted:

jake fischer is a bullshit man and doesnt actually know anything, i doubt there's any real interest from any other team in thicc kyle

pretend i quoted one of the half dozen lowry posts instead of just firing this into the void

eh he clearly has sources and a decent hit rate but he's also just a lot looser than most reporters are with what he hears

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

And when he is definitely on the bulls for the 2026-27 season? What then

I will boo him like he's a widow

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

morestuff posted:

eh he clearly has sources and a decent hit rate but he's also just a lot looser than most reporters are with what he hears

wouldn't really call it 'looseness' - if he hears something he just fires it off into a tweet or a podcast or an article or w/e, there's no verifying anything or bothering to see if there's the vaguest hint of truth to a rumor. it's a desperate need to get his name out there and be the first one on top of the hottest new deal. he's much worse and much shittier about it than most of the other folks doing the same thing

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

Aye Doc posted:

oh i was just going off of the bovada thing, but lmao if this is all from an appearance on a heat twitter podcast

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

stuker posted:

oh i was just going off of the bovada thing, but lmao if this is all from an appearance on a heat twitter podcast

its a 'Real' rumor that has been circling for a little bit. someone even less trustworthy than Fischer dropped the "Lowry is available and wow folks they all want him" news about a week ago, I think one of the dudes on that horrific Heat fan site that spawned all the rumors about "actually the Heat had a 4 team deal in place to give Portland seven first rounders!"

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

R.D. Mangles posted:

I will boo him like he's a widow

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
Editors Are Going Crazy Over This One Weird Trick You Can Use To Turn Any Sentence Into A Important And Fancy Headline

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

Tbh I’d probably like him more at that point

Yeah weird phrasing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

[offending Grayson Allen image removed]