Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

duomo
Oct 9, 2007

Soiled Meat
Excuse me, it was 501 movies in 501 days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
Gregg watches all the movies, he's a movie buff

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

I still think it’s funnier if Gregg does watch all the movies he just has so little critical insight it’s indistinguishable from him not seeing any of them

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
that's gregg canon, to me

as long as it has a good run time then it's five bags

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

Gregg definitely sees the movies. He corrects Tim on the details of certain movies when he clearly hasn't seen them. He just has no particular thoughts or insights to share about them

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Gregg has clearly not watched every popcorn classic, which is ridiculous considering they're all classics

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

Doltos posted:

Gregg has clearly not watched every popcorn classic, which is ridiculous considering they're all classics

The man has yet to see Sully.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
Anyone listen to the new podcast? I've booked my trip to the Philippines to see Marlon Wayans. Gonna stay at a Motel 6.

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

Jubs posted:

https://youtu.be/Nj5-wvPxvRo?si=lzhBVDARemJtBKUX

E: I thought this was the clip where Tim of all people admits that Gregg has seen Sully. That happened just before this. Proof.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Jubs posted:

Anyone listen to the new podcast? I've booked my trip to the Philippines to see Marlon Wayans. Gonna stay at a Motel 6.

I don't know how to do it without downloading a new app on my phone.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Jubs posted:

I.S.S. (runtime 95 minutes)

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
wait, what, i assumed the podcast was just an audio version of the show. there is extra content?

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
So far its 20 seconds of the show and then at +80db "COME ON DOWN TO CARRABAS ITALIAN RESTAURANT" and then 20 seconds of the show and then "AT THE OLIVE GARDEN WE"RE FAMILY" lol

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
I can't tell if they mixed in the italian food commercials themselves but there are so many and its mixed so loudly lol

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Chairman Capone posted:

The best evidence of them filming long in advance of the movie releases is when they did a review for The King’s Daughter, and then in between them filming and releasing the season, it was delayed… for seven years.

Tim said in a Q&A a few years ago that his view is that neither Tim nor Gregg actually watch any of these movies in-universe.

Like others, I don't know that I agree with real-Tim's canon here. Gregg sees them, but has no insight beyond being a movie buff.

Salt Fish posted:

So far its 20 seconds of the show and then at +80db "COME ON DOWN TO CARRABAS ITALIAN RESTAURANT" and then 20 seconds of the show and then "AT THE OLIVE GARDEN WE"RE FAMILY" lol

Can't wait to go to Carabaras several times over to support the show. I love how the podcast is absolutely unlistenable.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I think Tim and Gregg both have seen and remember a lot of movies but that was back in S1. Since then they both let their movie knowledge atrophy because Tim went psychopathic from the tumors and Gregg saw a lot of movies but not all of them and now pretends that he did. Gregg and Tim's knowledge also seem to be weirdly focused into movies from the 60s and lower.

Tim always comes up with some credible knowledge when he corrects Gregg but it's a rare joke they pull from their bag.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Salt Fish posted:

I don't know how to do it without downloading a new app on my phone.

Listen to it on your desktop.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Salt Fish posted:

I can't tell if they mixed in the italian food commercials themselves but there are so many and its mixed so loudly lol

Listen to Episode 3.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Salt Fish posted:

On last week’s Office Hours, Tim said they’re just taking existing ads and splicing them in, none of them are “real” ads.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

don't really understand how they could give something five bags of popcorn (4 stars) without seeing the movie.

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011
That’s probably why Joey has been giving them bad reviews. Who ever heard of giving something 1.5 stars(1.875 bags)?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
The thing is there's no bad movies because they wouldn't make bad movies, Hollywood is only interested in making good movies thus it's okay to tag them all with 5 bags of popcorn and maybe sometimes a little extra ratings too

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
there are some bad movies, like when a movie is a bad runtime, but they're still movies so they get five bags from real movie buffs

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

the milk machine posted:

there are some bad movies, like when a movie is a bad runtime, but they're still movies so they get five bags from real movie buffs

Those are just good movies with the potential to be better

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice
I like Gregg's perspective that movies should be considered sequels if they have a similar name to another, different movie.

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

nikosoft posted:

I like Gregg's perspective that movies should be considered sequels if they have a similar name to another, different movie.

This is one of my favourite things.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

nikosoft posted:

I like Gregg's perspective

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I like that Gregg wasn't always concerned with runtimes, but once he realized he could apply his expertise to analyzing runtimes, it became his go to thing.

Jubs posted:

Listen to Episode 3.

Incredible, more ads than show.

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Nichael posted:

I like that Gregg wasn't always concerned with runtimes, but once he realized he could apply his expertise to analyzing runtimes, it became his go to thing.

Re-post from old thread.

*s01e01*

"What is the running time on that one?"

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Binged 10+ sessions over the holidays and now I can't stop describing films as "a love letter to the cinema "

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

When you got movies like Tom Cruise in them you can't lose!

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

BWV posted:

Binged 10+ sessions over the holidays and now I can't stop describing films as "a love letter to the cinema "

Ah man this movie had it all it had action, drama, comedy, suspense, and dance

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

is there a timeline for 2023 on?

I missed the last oscar special and havent watched since. trying to catch up now

e: james cordon as bombadol

Ingmar terdman fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Jan 21, 2024

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Gregg has watched every movie he says he did, especially Sully (1 hour 36 minutes)

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

huh posted:

Re-post from old thread.

*s01e01*

"What is the running time on that one?"

drat, it was always there....

cohsae
Jun 19, 2015

Wandering around and constantly having "IT'S THE KNOCK-OUT" stuck in my head

insideoutsider
Aug 31, 2003

You want a van? I get you a van.

cohsae posted:

Wandering around and constantly having "IT'S THE KNOCK-OUT" stuck in my head

Same.

I thought I was burnt out on this silly web series but the intro sequence to this season really got me.

Stars are bullshit and I hope Joey can figure it out.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

There’s only one true Joe and that’s Joe S. Tavez

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

All the hard work we've been putting in for years!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:
just wanna say the Joey Patron character is so funny, I just realized every "Joey's Take" uses the exact same camera angles in nearly the same order