Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

GateOfD posted:

finished up my Herta and managed to get 40k on one side of the last two stages, but the other stage, I'm struck at like 28k-32k

You only need 60k for 3 stars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

I'm 3000 points short of three stars and there's a lot of RNG involves to get there but watching Herta smashing through lines of mooks doesn't get old :allears:

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

rio posted:

Ratio with Topaz is feeling really nice. I have her LC which I think adds another debuff as well, so I’m not sure if I need another debuffer? I have been using SW with them so far which might be overkill.

Bad Video Games posted:

Ratio and Topaz are fun too, but I don't have her lc, which does give an additional debuff. SW is definitely overkill.

I wouldn't really say Silver Wolf is overkill, even with Topaz's lightcone. Three debuffs is required for 100% follow-up chance, and I'd consider that a bare minimum since the follow-up is so important for him. Topaz with her LC and Dr Ratio do have that covered.

However, five debuffs maxes out his damage buff. Sure, it's not strictly necessary, and there's other characters that can do two more debuffs (mostly nihility), but Silver Wolf is a great option.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Hot drat, thanks Veritas. :toot:

Genovera posted:

However, five debuffs maxes out his damage buff. Sure, it's not strictly necessary, and there's other characters that can do two more debuffs (mostly nihility), but Silver Wolf is a great option.

Silver Wolf also sends his damage into the loving stratosphere if you're using his signature. Silver Wolf can bring up to an extra 69% defense shred if she has S5 Resolution, which combined with the signature light cone buff and genius set puts him at perfect defense ignore. (69 + 24 + 10 = 103)

Obnoxipus
Apr 4, 2011
Nice, got E1 Kafka with my third consecutive 50/50 win. I'm sure I'll pay for it in a few weeks with rancid luck, though.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eWVW8ml9G4

Duke Inferno has an Elite Four. Place your bets on which will become playable

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

blizzardvizard posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eWVW8ml9G4

Duke Inferno has an Elite Four. Place your bets on which will become playable

If we don't get the one with the upright bass I am going to be furious

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
if Caterina doesn't become playable, I'm going to scream until I throw up

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
gonna put my bet on 'all of them' but if I had to make a guess, either constance or caterina.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
I’m looking at the banner but somehow they’re not all out right now??? Hoyo??

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Playable hell cello when?!

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

Inferno's crew looking hot.

It'll be a destructive waste if none are playable.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Tekne posted:

Inferno's crew looking hot.

It'll be a destructive waste if none are playable.

:hmmyes:

I want them all, gimme gimme.

Also, I did a double take when I saw the crown hovering above Duke's head; for a second I thought it was a flaming version of the one on Paimon's head lol

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
The girl with an eyepatch with cool puppet aesthetics *screams* playable character to me. that's an entire moveset inspiration on its own. she's also a short girl and we know how much Hoyo loves those

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

JT Jag posted:

The girl with an eyepatch with cool puppet aesthetics *screams* playable character to me. that's an entire moveset inspiration on its own. she's also a short girl and we know how much Hoyo loves those

They didn't get to full "creepy Fate/stay little girl with Berserker proxy" with Clara, so I guess this is their second try at it.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Tree Reformat posted:

They didn't get to full "creepy Fate/stay little girl with Berserker proxy" with Clara, so I guess this is their second try at it.

I'm pretty sure the eyepatch girl is the doll proxy for interacting with normal people and the giant realer ghost is the real body/person.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Leraika posted:

gonna put my bet on 'all of them' but if I had to make a guess, either constance or caterina.

The only characters with actual designs that haven't become playable so far are Cocolia and Phantylia, right?

Clarste fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Jan 19, 2024

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The Cello guy is apparently Patrick Warburton's son.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Big hat lady and the red pirate lady playable today, please

rio
Mar 20, 2008

In a massive W reverse of my bad luck I got Ratio’s LC :getin:

All the Welts I got along with his LC (four lost 50/50s or standards I forget which was which), I spite built him. And I used him since he was my IMG dps (and because he’s a cool HI3 character). But drat with Mr. Ratio now Welt’s usage is gonna drop off a cliff for me. At least I had a somewhat decent Watelander set he could steal from Welt.

That said is 4pc Wastelander really better than 2pc Wastelander 2p Grand Duke? I was just going off of some random day 1 guides I googled that suggested 4pc, but it seems like the follow up damage increase from 2pc 2pc would be better?

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

10% crit rate + 20% CDMG is a lot. The 20% CDMG may be situational (only works against IMG-weak enemies or if you bring Welt) but even the 10% crit rate on its own should generally be better than 20% DMG, unless you already got 100% critrate from other sources somehow.

That said the next patch is gonna bring a better set for him: 12% DMG against debuffed enemies + 4% CR, plus up to 12% CDMG against enemies with 3 debuffs, and the crit values are doubled for 1 turn whenever the wearer inflicts a debuff, which Ratio does with his Skill.

blizzardvizard fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Jan 19, 2024

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

rio posted:

In a massive W reverse of my bad luck I got Ratio’s LC :getin:

All the Welts I got along with his LC (four lost 50/50s or standards I forget which was which), I spite built him. And I used him since he was my IMG dps (and because he’s a cool HI3 character). But drat with Mr. Ratio now Welt’s usage is gonna drop off a cliff for me. At least I had a somewhat decent Watelander set he could steal from Welt.

That said is 4pc Wastelander really better than 2pc Wastelander 2p Grand Duke? I was just going off of some random day 1 guides I googled that suggested 4pc, but it seems like the follow up damage increase from 2pc 2pc would be better?

Just use both of them and keep everyone Imprisoned so you keep the 4pc going constantly

rio
Mar 20, 2008

I just saw an interesting video by MrPokke who is a CN meta explainer on YT. He places Genius above other relic sets if you have Ratio’s LC. And bonus for me, I don’t use Seele much now so can steal her set, and that set’s crit stats are better than the set I stole from Welt or the extra Grand Duke pieces I had from gearing Topaz.

I want to go kill some poo poo and test it.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Stacking defense shred is the best way to increase damage especially if you're getting your other stats covered elsewhere yeah. You have to have good stats for it to be worthwhile though because you are missing a 2 piece bonus entirely.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Very excited for Ifrit and his Gung-ho Guns.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Maybe because I’m tired but I just realized that Dr. Ratio is the most appropriate user of the Genius set (along with Herta)

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

I've been seeing way better numbers from Ratio on Genius set, yeah, but I've also got him with Silver Wolf, so he's hitting 100% shred when he has his S1 buff going.

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

Clarste posted:

The only characters with actual designs that haven't become playable so far are Cocolia and Phantylia, right?

Yes, the two arc villains. Which is what these folks also are. Star Rail doesn't have much of a record of letting you play as the bad guys so far.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Bland posted:

Yes, the two arc villains. Which is what these folks also are. Star Rail doesn't have much of a record of letting you play as the bad guys so far.

I'm assuming that at the very least Duke Inferno will not be playable, but Cello Guy screams playable to me

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

I'm also guessing they're not the "true" villains of this arc, considering what we've heard of The Harmony Family that we're visiting. Honestly I expect that we're going to end up working with every group on Penaconey at least once including Duke Inferno's Crew.

Considering we're also getting the members of the IPC who aren't Topaz and I believe are definitely considered the worse people to run into, plus Remembrance people were mentioned (who so far have been antagonistic at best) and the actual hosts are suspicious too.

Lord_Magmar fucked around with this message at 12:09 on Jan 19, 2024

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Bland posted:

I mean, Kafka, Blade and Jingliu combined have Dynasty Warriors level of bodycounts I don't know how "good" they are

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Bland posted:

I mean, the Stellaron Hunters are also a band of quirky fun bad guys who were built up as the main antagonists of an arc initially.

Topaz ain’t exactly our friend either. Or Luocha. Or Jingliu. That’s six varying amounts of bad guy.

Bussamove fucked around with this message at 12:13 on Jan 19, 2024

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Bussamove posted:

I mean, the Stellaron Hunters are also a band of quirky fun bad guys who were built up as the main antagonists of an arc initially.

They're pretty clearly the anime rivals for the entire story, although the forces of Destruction so far are the actual "bad guys".

Not that the Stellaron Hunters are good, but we're looking for relatively the same things through different methods.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

The Annihilation Gang are a bunch of wannabes Nanook has never glanced at, so they’re not really the main bad guys either because the actual main bad guys don’t give a poo poo about them. :v:

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Yeah, these aren't actually Antimatter Legion/Lord Ravager existential threats to the universe, they're just wannabes.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Speaking of stellaron hunters I got my Kafka just before the 50/50 and now between her and Dr. Ratio + existing roster I really want to hit TL 50 soon for better return on trailblaze power lol. There’s just so many characters that are good!

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Clarste posted:

Yeah, these aren't actually Antimatter Legion/Lord Ravager existential threats to the universe, they're just wannabes.

The Annihilation Jobbers

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

They’re cool as heck. Villainous and/or rival characters > heroes

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i assume duke inferno wont be playable but the others will be. sampos also a member of an aeon-worshipping faction. The masked fools worship aha, and, uh,

quote:

Aha wanted to trick Akivili and the Nameless, so Aha shapeshifted into a human and laid low on Akivili's Express for more than a year, then finally got the opportunity and blew up half the Express and an entire planet.

aha does not seem any less evil than the other aeons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Just a prank, bro