Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

...yeah?

the permanent mission to the UN is a couple blocks from the UN, where the hell else should it be?

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

hailthefish posted:

...yeah?

the permanent mission to the UN is a couple blocks from the UN, where the hell else should it be?

it's the same compradors asking for genocide joe to bomb their own people more

https://twitter.com/YemenMissionNY/status/1747757218051526811

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Danann posted:

it's the same compradors asking for genocide joe to bomb their own people more

https://twitter.com/YemenMissionNY/status/1747757218051526811

yeah they're bought-out cronies but that's just being the IRG, nothing specifically related to being in new york

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
that account @KufiyyaPS was the account @ZaikaToken, a cryptocurrency project, in mid-2021
due to how twitter handles name changes you can see it here https://twitter.com/search?q=to%3AKufiyyaPS%20ZaikaToken&src=typed_query which shows a bunch of replies to @KufiyyaPS that mention "ZaikaToken"; one of them shows a screenshot of their own reply, which is to the account @ZaikaToken
pretty sure this is a cryptocurrency person who rebranded as a Gazan to make bluecheck ad revenue. every single tweet from before october 27th was deleted

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

somewhere else in the world

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

mcmagic posted:

I was kinda raised with this idea that Israel needs to exist to prevent another holocaust and it always seemed like bullshit even when i was 10.

Also:
https://twitter.com/MichaelRapaport/status/1747827072712765554

Lol

https://twitter.com/DeuceDouche/status/1748014395576226244

Dawncloack
Nov 26, 2007
ECKS DEE!
Nap Ghost

hailthefish posted:

yeah they're bought-out cronies but that's just being the IRG, nothing specifically related to being in new york

The Khmer Rouge had a seat at the UN for years after Vietnam defeated them completely, this is normal.

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

lmfao

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Danann posted:

https://twitter.com/GlobeEyeNews/status/1747998221706875292

time for the taliban to qualify for the nobel peace prize

taliban ftw

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/Aldanmarki/status/1747919705107464523

brown moses is definitely the one picking targets for the us navy :laffo:

edit:

https://twitter.com/AryJeay/status/1747948148276744565

flying lawnmowers are menacing the high seas

Danann has issued a correction as of 06:16 on Jan 19, 2024

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

bedpan posted:

The way that the "dual loyalty" anti-Semitic trope has been inverted is insane. Time and time again, western leaders and politicians say that jews will never be free citizens of any nation other than israel, that there is no safety in the world whatsoever except in israel, and that diaspora jews are forever disadvantaged because they have an inherent higher loyalty to israel that must be satisfied for them to be free, happy, successful, and safe.

And everyone literally stands up and claps

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

bedpan posted:

The way that the "dual loyalty" anti-Semitic trope has been inverted is insane. Time and time again, western leaders and politicians say that jews will never be free citizens of any nation other than israel, that there is no safety in the world whatsoever except in israel, and that diaspora jews are forever disadvantaged because they have an inherent higher loyalty to israel that must be satisfied for them to be free, happy, successful, and safe.

And everyone literally stands up and claps

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

The bombings will continue until morale improves.

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

tut tut mr. netanyahu..... okay here are some more bombs to rain on gaza

https://twitter.com/disclosetv/status/1748045086812692757

Netanyahu is Hitler 2

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Hubbert posted:

The bombings will continue until morale improves.

lol that this has pretty much been everyone's response to this statement

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

Clip-On Fedora posted:

lol that this has pretty much been everyone's response to this statement

Yes, it's also been the case since Yom Kippur 2 started.

netizen
Jun 25, 2023
I swear I heard the CBS nightly news say that the US had destroyed enough missile sites in Yemen that the US could safely begin conducting drone surveillance operations in their airspace unperturbed.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

V. Illych L. posted:

i know the situation of one israeli academic who's been actively trying to leave the country for over a year. he's in a fairly comfortable formal position so he hadn't been willing to tolerate career regression, but last i heard he was applying for positions two career steps down the ladder. guy's born and raised in the country and has seemed highly centrist to me - i assume that he's not the only such case.

Yeah there's a bunch of people who grew up there and have stable jobs (not necessarily high-paying ones), friends and family who really didn't want to leave the place they grew up for a chance to live in another country where they might end up with less pay and an uncertain future because almost no matter where you go, if you emigrate there things will suck rear end.

The anti-war movement in Israel has been repeatedly suppressed and crippled, though there's still holdouts who try their best. A lot of them gave up and left the country after Oct 7 though, because it was a lot like being anti-war after 9/11 : Near pointless because nobody was listening and sometimes outright dangerous to your health.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Good to come back to this website and see all the good liberals and mods can agree that it's not racist to say that Arabs are purely spite motivated backwards slave trading America hating antisemitic misogynists and that it is you, in fact, who are the real racist for thinking that bombing Yemen might be bad.

fizziester
Dec 21, 2023

Source: Haaretz

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news...0112#1765410112

Gadi Eisenkot: Netanyahu bears sharp and clear responsibility for October 7 failures
Haaretz
5:19 AM

War Cabinet Minister Gadi Eisenkot said in an interview with the "Uvda" television program that Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's responsibility for the October 7 attack is "sharp and clear". "The prime minister is first, he is informed by both the IDF and the Shin Bet, and he was involved, I know his involvement in the construction of the fence and other involvement. He bears a sharp and clear responsibility. You don't need to take the responsibility, it is there," he said.

Eisenkot also added that the War Cabinet was able to prevent a preemptive attack on Lebanon, which, according to him, would have been a strategic error. "We prevented a very wrong decision. If we had attacked in Lebanon, we would have realized Sinwar's strategic vision. Our presence there prevented the State of Israel from making a very serious strategic error," he added.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

Good to come back to this website and see all the good liberals and mods can agree that it's not racist to say that Arabs are purely spite motivated backwards slave trading America hating antisemitic misogynists and that it is you, in fact, who are the real racist for thinking that bombing Yemen might be bad.

gently caress the mods, free paul_soccer10

fizziester
Dec 21, 2023

Source: Times of Israel

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/idf-announces-death-of-soldier-bringing-gaza-ground-op-death-toll-to-194/

IDF announces death of soldier, bringing Gaza ground op death toll to 194
By EMANUEL FABIAN
Today, 6:14 am

The IDF announces the death of a soldier who succumbed to wounds sustained during fighting in the southern Gaza Strip on Wednesday, bringing the toll of slain troops in the ground offensive against Hamas to 194.

He is named as Staff Sgt. Ori Gerby, 20, of the Givati Brigade’s reconnaissance unit, from Herzliya.

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

What else would liberals think? Liberalism is the ideology of the ruling class, and Israel is the lynchpin of the middle east policy of that same ruling class. These "good liberals" are nazi pigs, and they would have been the same if they were Germans 80 years ago.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

welcome back, mayor dave

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

CLAM DOWN posted:

gently caress the mods, free paul_soccer10

I can agree with the first part, let's meet in the middle

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adenoid Dan
Mar 8, 2012

The Hobo Serenader
Lipstick Apathy

fizziester posted:

Source: Times of Israel

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/idf-announces-death-of-soldier-bringing-gaza-ground-op-death-toll-to-194/

IDF announces death of soldier, bringing Gaza ground op death toll to 194
By EMANUEL FABIAN
Today, 6:14 am

The IDF announces the death of a soldier who succumbed to wounds sustained during fighting in the southern Gaza Strip on Wednesday, bringing the toll of slain troops in the ground offensive against Hamas to 194.

He is named as Staff Sgt. Ori Gerby, 20, of the Givati Brigade’s reconnaissance unit, from Herzliya.

I don't pray but every time I see one of these I say a little "may his name be erased"

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

From the river to the sea Israel will colonize thee

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

https://twitter.com/TwoSpines/status/1746081182503026916

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Having better infrastructure than the US is such a low bar

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 25 days!)

I wonder if the missile detonated before impact, because it looks like a lot of fire and a bit of concussion but no hole. Causing superficial damage is the point anyway, but you'd think an "anti-ship missile" would do a lot more.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Malloc Voidstar posted:

that account @KufiyyaPS was the account @ZaikaToken, a cryptocurrency project, in mid-2021
due to how twitter handles name changes you can see it here https://twitter.com/search?q=to%3AKufiyyaPS%20ZaikaToken&src=typed_query which shows a bunch of replies to @KufiyyaPS that mention "ZaikaToken"; one of them shows a screenshot of their own reply, which is to the account @ZaikaToken
pretty sure this is a cryptocurrency person who rebranded as a Gazan to make bluecheck ad revenue. every single tweet from before october 27th was deleted

it's still a cute cat, but I apologize for platforming a scammer.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

tut tut mr. netanyahu..... okay here are some more bombs to rain on gaza

https://twitter.com/disclosetv/status/1748045086812692757

Doraemon: Bibi is Hamas?!?!

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

I tried to sneak through the canal, man! Can't make it, can't make it, the ship's stuck! Outta my way son! BOAT STUCK! BOAT STUCK!

crepeface posted:

Doraemon: Bibi is Hamas?!?!

Wow that's an obscure meme to reference (obscure on Western websites, at least)

Adenoid Dan
Mar 8, 2012

The Hobo Serenader
Lipstick Apathy

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I wonder if the missile detonated before impact, because it looks like a lot of fire and a bit of concussion but no hole. Causing superficial damage is the point anyway, but you'd think an "anti-ship missile" would do a lot more.

Can the payload be modified? Would they do that to cause damage and deter shipping with less risk of casualties?

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Boat Stuck posted:

Wow that's an obscure meme to reference (obscure on Western websites, at least)

buddy, this is cspam :cool:

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

so we actually do have a real-life historical incident we can use as a direct comparison, which is that during the Falklands War a pair of Argentine Exocet anti-ship missiles missed their intended warship target and accidentally struck a merchant ship instead, with both missiles hitting above the waterline, the damage from which looked like this:

A significant chunk of the crew was killed and the ship sank from the damage.

The Exocet has a warhead of about 150kg and is a pretty good baseline for what an anti-ship missile might do to a civilian ship.

There's a number of possible explanations for why the damage from these hits all seems to be so minor - maybe they're all missing or failing to detonate, maybe Yemen has a desperate shortage of actual explosives, maybe they are deliberately launching missiles with smaller warheads because they want to deter shipping without the escalation that actually sinking a ship would entail, maybe there's some kind of design flaw, etc.

netizen
Jun 25, 2023
Pearl Harbor must have been a hell of a show.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Could it be a smaller warhead means less weight and less weight could mean longer range?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010

KomradeX posted:

Could it be a smaller warhead means less weight and less weight could mean longer range?

this is also possible