Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Nebalebadingdong posted:

brb, removing all the breasts from my 10mm miniatures

I hope someone creates an entire unit of "Bretonian Archer Girls" now. I'd even say having them all sport enormous breasts would be acceptable in this case.

Go another step and have entire units of female Bretonian Knights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Atlas Hugged posted:

Don't forget to check out Bad Squiddo Games for all your female miniature needs. She has a thread in this very forum and has amazing customer service.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3884011

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Nebalebadingdong posted:

sadly no, several folks have been modifying their 10mm minis to make sure it's a "no girls allowed" situation.

most pathetic thing ive ever seen

been seeing it with warhammer stuff recently on twitter, people complaining about FSM has turned into that situation for some of them

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe
What happens when the Kingdom Death enthusiasts meet the reactionary no girls allowed crowd at a con?

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

Z the IVth posted:

What happens when the Kingdom Death enthusiasts meet the reactionary no girls allowed crowd at a con?

these groups have no beef with each other. the women in Forest Dragon's 10mm aren't sexualized, which is why they're so threatening

Slyphic
Oct 12, 2021

All we do is walk around believing birds!
I bought and printed an entire Forest Dragon Bretonnian army for a friend of mine (I got a 3d printer last year, I'm giving away warmaster armies to guilt friends into playing) and I legit had no idea there were women archers. I even removed all the supoprts before curing them, so I had them up close repeatedly, and I would have put money on the only women in that entire set being the sorceresses and the angry peasant ladies.

I defy this clown to paint the lady archers where you can tell they're women.

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

Z the IVth posted:

When two persons in search of horny miniatures clash at the corner of Sunset and San Vicente is there violence? Is there murder? Do they bite each other's hands? Do they punch each other?

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
Hey now, it's not like they're removing the giant titties from slave girl models. The horny folks* won't mind.

Except the ones who's kink is sexy medieval archers

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

Wrr posted:

When two persons in search of horny miniatures clash at the corner of Sunset and San Vicente is there violence? Is there murder? Do they bite each other's hands? Do they punch each other?

anyone into kingdom death or removing tits from miniatures is surely such a cowardly creature that they avoid all confrontation that isn't the online variety.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

Fun Shoe

Bucnasti posted:

Except the ones who's kink is sexy medieval archers

Have you seen the number of elven archer stls out there wearing less clothes than a Victoria's secret convention?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

wait wait wait

are you telling me there's a victoria's secret convention

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

Leperflesh posted:

wait wait wait

Shhhhhh... That is THE secret

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

oh
oh of course, it all makes sense now

it's like seeing the arrow in the fedex logo

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

Leperflesh posted:

wait wait wait

yeah its the only place to play wargames without grognards

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

so basically, grognards don't wear fancy expensive underwear

...that tracks

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

All the underwear money was spent on miniatures.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
There's been drama on Twitter about the idea of female space marines in 40k and gamer chuds are so bent out of shape about it. Like they think that since space marines are GWs flagship product wanting to have girl marines ("You can have sisters of battle, they're right there!") is obviously a ploy by the wokes to ruin the franchise.

At one point a chudhammer player accused a wokehammer player of doing a lovely job painting his army and this accusation was so scandalous that even his chud peers were stepping in and saying he went too far lmao.

"I think space marines could be girls too"
"I am so angry at the very notion of that that I'm going to accuse any proponent of just being a" tourist". Also you did a terrible job painting that Squirmy Eel chapter company! "
"Woah Woah now Carl insulting a paint job? Let's not say things we can't take back now!"

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
There were female space marines in rogue trader. Their models were cut, IIRC, when they revamped the model line for 2nd because they could only afford so many molds and the female models didn't sell as much.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
Honestly it's getting beyond toxic at this point and I wouldn't want my kid to associate with 40k players if those are the kinds of attitudes that I can expect to run into. GW needs to just rip the bandaid off and make female marines canon.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
No no you don't understand the LORE says the process of creating Space Marines is only compatible with MALE physiology it just wouldn't work in a universe with demons made of psychic gestalt emotions and sentient fungus and alien bugs there's just NO WAY you could write it into the story!

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
This new founding was the perfect opportunity to wallpaper over that fluff too.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Shoehead posted:

This new founding was the perfect opportunity to wallpaper over that fluff too.

Make all the Primaris women. We already had the male space marines so now we’re doing the female space marines. Makes sense right?

Edit: but don’t change the body-type at all. They’re still brick shithouses, just with longer hair.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

A thousand thundering thrills await me
Facing insurmontable odds gratefully
The female of the species is more deadly than the male

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I feel like there should be way more weed around that room.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
That's why he looks so grumpy.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Electric Hobo posted:

I feel like there should be way more weed around that room.

He smoked it all already.

goatface posted:

That's why he looks so grumpy.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

Fun Shoe
It's missing a "no gurlz allowed" sign.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Make all marines intersexed

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

marines are heavily gendered but basically sexless. they're Genocide Ken.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Kenocide

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Which is one argument they have against making them girls. I just find their overaction to be funny and pathetic.

I thought GW had already run these weirdos out of the community already? Or just the full blown Nazis?

Then you have a few women chiming in and claiming nobody bothered them about 40k it was only the woke players acting sexist and labeling them pickmes :psyduck:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
I find the shitheads that complain the most about 40k being "woke" usually have no connection the game besides 4chan memes

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
They tried to go to BattleTech and CLG told them to go gently caress themselves, so they must've trickled back in.

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

You won't recognize Canada when I'm through with it
Grimey Drawer
GW should do a founding of trans women space marines, A. it would be awesome, B. it completely sidesteps their nonsense lore hand-wringing about male physiology and C. it would drive these chuds up the wall and out into the hills. Then once those chud grogs have cleared out they should do a founding of a mixed gender* space marine chapter and make up some lore contrivance for why it's Okay and Plausible, Actually. Its a game of make-believe future space hell with fun little plastic figs to paint and pretty up, I really don't understand why this is controversial to these losers

Springfield Fatts
May 24, 2010
Pillbug
Didn't they do this with the fantasy space marines in Sigmar? I don't play it but half the pictures I see of the storm guys are women. Did the fantasy players lose their poo poo over that for -reasons-?

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
yes, that's one of the reasons conservative shitheads with zero media literacy see AoS as "woke" and 40k as "based"

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

peer posted:

AoS as "woke" and 40k as "based"

Lol there are people out there still mad about the COMMUNIST TAU

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Space Marines being exclusively male makes sense in 30k, a setting where toxic masculinity burns down the universe. Seriously. The entire Heresy could have been averted with a conversation between Horus and E discussing their feelings like adults, but they're both too manly man men to.

All the 30k rivalries, bad dad examples, and destructive pettiness are explicitly tied to masculinity.

But by 40k, the Marines' theme is cool Nerf blasters but for real. There's nothing associated with restraining emotion, fixating on dominance, or hyper macho posing. They could reveal that some Primaris were born female and it would make zero change to anything since there's no gendered component to any theme of 40k Marines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slyphic
Oct 12, 2021

All we do is walk around believing birds!
Can we not drive the chuds out of 40k? I like them contained there, makes them easily ignored. I don't want them in the greater indie wargaming hobby.