Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Tom the Dancing Bug by Ruben Bolling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

idonotlikepeas posted:

David M. Hitch

Lmao, pathetic.
Huh?
Thanks for the loving weird retort, two random rich assholes on a private golf course.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

axolotl farmer posted:

Kellies Nomination: Made their point 4 panels in then kept going.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Phlegmish posted:

This one confused me for a bit, I'll be honest. At first I thought he was saying that Trump being re-elected would lead to all of these groups firing missiles at Israel, but I guess those are actually shittily drawn little planes, and he's hoping Trump will start massive bombing campaigns?

The first interpretation isn't as far-fetched as it might seem, apparently there's been a shift in support from Trump to Biden in Israel, presumably they're spooked by the former's isolationist rhetoric. That said, given the confident, happy Shrump vs. dejected-looking Biden, I'm pretty sure it's pro-Trump

I think you are misinterpreting it, because it is impossible to make a coherent interpretation of it.

In the cartoon Biden is still the king so it's describing the current situation. Those are missiles, fired by Hamas and Houthis and others, all over the place. Wait, who is bombing Gaza? :iiam:

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

https://twitter.com/MattBors/status/1747630708737065228?s=20

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Haven't seen a literal perässähiihtäjä political cartoon since Kekkonen's days :eyepop:

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

the_steve posted:

Kellies Nomination: Made their point 4 panels in then kept going.

Angry Bolling is not as good as normal Bolling.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

idonotlikepeas posted:

Yaakov Kirschen (Dry Bones)

Has Kirschen gone full-on :godwinning: "They are nothing more than vermin who must be exterminated and anyone who has even a touch of der jeuden Palestinian blood is impure and must be round up" or is he at least self aware enough that using literal Nazi propaganda may not go over well? Because I'd be honestly surprised if he hasn't portrayed Palestinians or other middle eastern people as rats yet.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
A.F. Branco

Gary Markstein

Gary Varvel

John Deering

Michael Ramirez

Mike Luckovich

Steve Kelley

Tom Stiglich

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?
lmao of course Branco sees that picture of Trump awkwardly hugging a flag for no reason as an inspiring beacon of patriotism on par with a Jon McNaughton painting

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

axolotl farmer posted:

Best part of the thread for me is finding out that Ruben Bolling is still at it, and still good.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Skios posted:

Tom Stiglich

If Stiglich can't extrapolate from "Iowa is overrepresented by white Christians" to "compared to the rest of the country, which means it may be bad if you're using Iowa to figure out what the rest of the country wants or needs, or good if you're marketing to white Christians and planning to market there" (which is true for any case, a primary, a poll, a candidate for a position, a singer) then he's stupider than I thought.

Of course he's petty and spiteful as well as stupid so he also just doesn't like the person saying it.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I wouldn't like it either if I were Iowan, going first in these contests is one of the main things your state is known for, especially internationally. On the other hand, after the latest realignment in American politics, Iowa will probably be reliably red for decades to come anyway, so there is no particular reason for the Democrats to care about pissing them off

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Guavanaut posted:

If Stiglich can't extrapolate from "Iowa is overrepresented by white Christians" to "compared to the rest of the country, which means it may be bad if you're using Iowa to figure out what the rest of the country wants or needs, or good if you're marketing to white Christians and planning to market there" (which is true for any case, a primary, a poll, a candidate for a position, a singer) then he's stupider than I thought.

Of course he's petty and spiteful as well as stupid so he also just doesn't like the person saying it.

In Stiglich's case that doesn't matter because he thinks white Christians are the only people who matter. It's their job to decide and everyone else's job to obey. To whatever degree they are overrepresented and their tastes disproportionately sampled is the system working as it should.

I dont know fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Jan 18, 2024

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

If it were a crucial swing state like Wisconsin being passed over for being 'too white', that would actually be really stupid regardless of whether or not it's representative. But it's Iowa, with 6 electoral votes and reliably red anyway, so who cares (I assume is what the Democrats were thinking)

Victar
Nov 8, 2009

Bored? Need something to read while camping Time-Lost Protodrake?

www.vicfanfic.com

Ashsaber posted:

This feels pretty drat racist to me, am I going nuts? Calling two of the commandments white republican things is really implying things about everyone who isn't in that category.

This cartoon confused me, so I looked up Fani Willis. She's prosecuting Trump and 18 of Trump's cohort for interfering with Georgia elected officials.

Recently, Fani Willis has been subpoena'd by the divorce case of one of the prosecutors she hired, Nathan Wade. Nathan Wade filed for divorce in November 2021; since the divorce case is still ongoing, I suspect that it's an extremely bitter divorce.

Allegations have emerged that Fani Willis had an "improper relationship" with Nathan Wade. Note that she has NOT been accused of sexual harassment; if any relationship took place, then it was consensual.

It's also been claimed that Nathan Wade was never approved by the board that's supposed to approve him, and that Nathan Wade had no experience prosecuting complex RICO cases like the Trump case.

So pro-Trumpers are having a field day with attacks on Fani Willis' character. I don't know if all of this will undermine the case against Trump or not.

Oh, and pay no attention to Trump's long history of lying and marital affairs. The REAL story here, according to pro-Trumpers, is that a black woman may have had an affair with a married man and kept quiet about it until she was subpoena'd.

Victar fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Jan 18, 2024

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

Skios posted:

Steve Kelley

Why do I feel like this an actual moment that happened in SKelley's life, that someone made fun of him for being fat?

L. Ron DeSantis
Nov 10, 2009

Randalor posted:

Has Kirschen gone full-on :godwinning: "They are nothing more than vermin who must be exterminated and anyone who has even a touch of der jeuden Palestinian blood is impure and must be round up" or is he at least self aware enough that using literal Nazi propaganda may not go over well? Because I'd be honestly surprised if he hasn't portrayed Palestinians or other middle eastern people as rats yet.

Yes he has. There was another cartoon of his recently that was essentially "if the world is going to get mad at us regardless, we ought to just commit full genocide against the Palestinians"

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on deja-vu in the news cycle – The Tories are squabbling, Trump could be the next Republican nominee, there is bloodshed in the Middle East …"

Telegraph:

EU condemns Germany for pledging £6bn Ukraine aid

Matt:

Pictured: Snowy scenes across UK as freezing weather is set to continue

Independent:

Times:

Fujitsu apologises to Post Office victims and promises compensation

Evening Standard:

Lee Anderson: I didn't vote against Rwanda Bill after Labour MPs 'sniggered and laughed' at me

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

I dont know posted:

In Stiglich's case that doesn't matter because he thinks white Christians are the only people who matter. It's their job to decide and everyone else's job to obey. To whatever degree they are overrepresented and their tastes disproportionately sampled is the system working as it should.

Yeah. A lot of christians, at least in my experience, don't actually believe in freedom of religion. They believe that they, and the government, humor people of different faiths, but everyone knows what the "real" one is and that they're the only ones who actually matter when it comes time to make any sort of decisions.

Kinda like how in any given christian movie, there's always an atheist who isn't actually an atheist because they don't believe, they're atheist because they're mad at god, but deep down know he's as real and white as the background of the textbox I'm typing into.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021

the_steve posted:

Kinda like how in any given christian movie, there's always an atheist who isn't actually an atheist because they don't believe, they're atheist because they're mad at god, but deep down know he's as real and white as the background of the textbox I'm typing into.

You just reminded me of my favourite bugfuck Christian movie, Assassin 33 AD, in which an evil Muslim refugee billionaire forces a Jewish scientist to invent a time machine to send a literal atheist death squad back in time to kill Jesus. The movie opens with the future leader of said death squad driving across America towards his new job as head of security with his perfect wife and daughter, only for them to get obliterated by a massive truck, literally thirty seconds after his wife tells him "I really believe God has a plan for us". Surviving the crash that kills his wife and daughter turns him into the stock bitter atheist of Christian cinema, complete with drinking problem, and even getting to double-tap Jesus (a thing that actually happens in the movie) doesn't get him out of his depression.

Skios fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Jan 18, 2024

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Rowe:

Workplace relations minister Tony Burke blasts DP World for 'misguided' approach to settling port dispute (ABC).

Broelman:

‘Tax cuts will happen’: Albanese sticks to promise on stage three tax cuts (SMH).

Le Lievre:

Lethbridge:

Wilcox:

Leak, Son of Leak:

Foreign minister Penny Wong. Anthony Albanese defends Penny Wong over controversial Israel move (news.com.au). "Penny Wong has announced another $21m in humanitarian funding for Palestinians on the first day of her Middle East visit."

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Crunch Buttsteak posted:

lmao of course Branco sees that picture of Trump awkwardly hugging a flag for no reason as an inspiring beacon of patriotism on par with a Jon McNaughton painting

Speaking of Jon McNaughton, surely his poo poo counts as political cartoon? I mean it's basically just a Kelly, but in oil on canvas

Unfortunately it's surprisingly difficult to know when he actually paints them. He reposts them to twitter years later, and his website doesn't actually give dates. Infuriating.

But I don't care, i'm gonna post a couple. He posted this to his twitter on 5 Jan

Great RINOs

the description for this one is a loving poem :jerkbag:

quote:

A species in the wild
It rises above the rest
The pompous stilted cunning
For the globalist success.

It’s mighty horn will poke you
Where the light can never shine
Will go to war for glory
And leave us all behind.

A crash is made of many
Who hide behind the votes
The sneaky little devils
Wearing finely pressed turncoats.

If I was on safari
And following a map
I would simply track their signs
By looking for the crap.

America is hurting
Our fruited plain is dry
The RINOs have abandoned us
And will not even try.

When history has found you
Looking back as if it knows
The Republican Party blew it
Choosing traitorous RINOs.

This from 12 Jan

The Empowered Man

quote:

There is something simmering deep inside the soul of all Americans. We want to know that we are a free people; that the government acknowledges our individual rights; that fiscal responsibility is an absolute requirement. We want our presidents and politicians to mean what they say when they take the oath of office .to defend the Constitution of the United States!

Do we have freedom when half the country pays taxes to support the other half? Do we have freedom when government regulates every aspect of our lives?

Do we have freedom when our currency is controlled by a corporationthat has no accountability to the American people?

Do we have freedom when we have more debt than can possibly be repaid?

The government bureaucracy is to a point where it is no longer worth what the tax payer is required to maintain it. I wonder how many Americans realize they have sold our God given freedoms for a mess of pottage

I hope everyone will see themselves as the Empowered Man. It makes no difference whether you are a man or woman, how old you are, or the color of your skin. You must decide to no longer be silent, to get off your bench, pick up that Constitution and hold it high in the air as a standard for the world to see. Don t hold back! Don t be silent! You are the future of this nation and without YOU, the American dream will perish.

long time fans of McNaughton will recognise this as the sequel to this absolute classic:

The Forgotten Man

quote:

This historic image was painted by Jon McNaughton in 2011 in response to the passing of the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare). During the 2016 election the painting gained additional interest as Americans united to defeat Hillary Clinton. On the day of the election, Sean Hannity spoke of the significance of this painting and how it would take the forgotten men and women of America to rise up and save America. That night, as Donald Trump gave his acceptance speech he noted that because of the Forgotten Men and Women of America he was standing as the new President of the United States. The day after the election Sean Hannity purchased the original painting and publicly stated that this was the election of the "Forgotten Man."

i might do some digging to find out when he actually painted these.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Just like Stantis wants his comic to be Calvin and hobbes so bad
McNaughton wants to be Norman Rockwell sooo bad

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Microplastics posted:

i might do some digging to find out when he actually painted these.

Pretty sure the last two were contemporary with Obama's presidency, probably the first term? I remember them both being posted here back then. Haven't seen the first one, but it's probably from before McCain's death at least?

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

the empowered man seems pretty ungrateful for his obamabucks.

I'm amused that the RINO one is completely nonsensical if you aren't awash in right wing terminology. He's gotten lazy. Nothing about the painting suggests the rhino is even bad!

TheDeadlyShoe fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Jan 18, 2024

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

the_steve posted:

Dark mode is woke.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Skios posted:

You just reminded me of my favourite bugfuck Christian movie, Assassin 33 AD, in which an evil Muslim refugee billionaire forces a Jewish scientist to invent a time machine to send a literal atheist death squad back in time to kill Jesus. The movie opens with the future leader of said death squad driving across America towards his new job as head of security with his perfect wife and daughter, only for them to get obliterated by a massive truck, literally thirty seconds after his wife tells him "I really believe God has a plan for us". Surviving the crash that kills his wife and daughter turns him into the stock bitter atheist of Christian cinema, complete with drinking problem, and even getting to double-tap Jesus (a thing that actually happens in the movie) doesn't get him out of his depression.

BROCK LONGINUS FEELS THE COMFORTING WEIGHT OF HIS PISTOL, LANCE, AS IT SWAYS IN ITS HOLSTER

Angry Salami
Jul 27, 2013

Don't trust the skull.

Skios posted:

You just reminded me of my favourite bugfuck Christian movie, Assassin 33 AD, in which an evil Muslim refugee billionaire forces a Jewish scientist to invent a time machine to send a literal atheist death squad back in time to kill Jesus.

Man, can you imagine how different the world would be if Jesus had died in 33 AD?!

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Adam Zyglis

Amjad Rasmi

Bill Bramhall

Dave Whamond

David Horsey

David M. Hitch

Drew Sheneman

Ed Gamble

Jeff Stahler

Jimmy Margulies

John Branch

John Darkow

Kevin "KAL" Kallaugher

Lee Judge

Lisa Benson

Marty Two Bulls

Matt Davies

Mike Smith

Paul Berge

Pedro X. Molina

Robert (R.J.) Matson

Taylor Jones

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

idonotlikepeas posted:

Kellies nomination: Least comprehensible

what?

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)

Technowolf posted:

Kellies nomination: Least comprehensible

what?

Israel is the first country to approve fake beef (it isn't).
Not to be confused with their "beef" (grudge, grievance) with the rest of the world for believing "fake news" (reports of genocide)

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

idonotlikepeas posted:

David M. Hitch

Trump literally said the first thing he would do when reelected is act like a dictator, and has repeatedly said he should be allowed to kill his political rivals. Yes, he literally wants to do the things your strawmen are screaming about,

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

idonotlikepeas posted:

David M. Hitch

When the guy says he wants to be dictator, even if it's for "the first day", that's still a big red flag. Not to mention Project 2025 is a real thing.

Can't say I disagree, I'm ready for spring now.

L. Ron DeSantis
Nov 10, 2009

quote:

DRIVING BIDEN
Cartoon published 01/17/2024

Joe Biden’s pride and joy (besides his son Hunter) is his 1967 green Corvette Stingray convertible.

He keeps it in his garage along with secret documents he had stored in boxes. Notice how he never had to endure an FBI raid such as the one Trump endured.

If Joe were a car, he would bear little resemblance to his slick sports car. Instead he’d be a clunker fit for a junkyard.

SHARE OUR NEWSLETTER LINK WITH YOUR ULTRA MAGA FRIENDS- SIGN UP TODAY FOR GREAT CARTOONS AND MORE DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX! CLICK TO SHARE
His presidency has been a disaster on wheels. Biden has blood on his hands — starting with the deaths caused by his disastrous withdrawal from Afghanistan. He didn’t seem to care about the brave soldiers who died. Likewise, he cares little about the hundreds of thousands of dead Ukrainians—and in fact, he suggested he might send in American troops. Then there is his love for abortion and the murder of millions of the most innocent humans of all.

From his failure to secure our southern border to his economic destruction, Biden’s presidency has burned more oil than rubber and his poll numbers reflect that. His campaign has been lurching more in reverse than forward. He’d rather spend his time on vacation than riding on the campaign road.

PLEASE TAKE A MINUTE TO CONSIDER A SMALL DONATION TO GRRRGRAPHICS, WE ARE SUPPORTER FUNDED, CLICK TO DONATE TODAY!

His handlers (most likely Obama and crew) certainly know this. The longer they delay, the worse it will get. They must figure out a way to replace Biden, but old Joe thinks he’s tuned up and ready even though he’s not operating on all cylinders.

The Democrats will have to ramp up the steal to get Biden elected. Expect the vote counts to get stalled while the Dems roll in more votes for Joe. The question is, will they risk such an obvious grand theft auto?

— Ben Garrison
I wonder what was different about Biden's situation that the FBI didn't have to raid his house, hmm makes you think

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat

https://twitter.com/Historian_Steve/status/1745920780624711886

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

idonotlikepeas posted:

As I was saving these a few minutes ago, I got to this one and thought "I mean, this is definitely someone's fetish".

And then this happened. Should I be worried that I guessed right?

Goodbye, Woke Pimp! Looking forward to finding out what the next kind of pimp is.

Man, took a break from this thread and come back to this.

I really don't like how "an adult man being attracted to another adult man" is being presented as some incredibly sick perversion that even other perverts are shocked and disgusted by.

I think 2023 had the worst handled lady time storyline yet, and that's saying something. We never saw any of her childhood or anything that would have made her interesting as a character. She just showed up like a month before she was supposed to die, cast some spells, was immediately captured, was rescued by a brother she had never previously interacted with, then killed some guy who's already been killed multiple times before and keeps coming back.

Like, an anthropomorphic embodiment of a year gaining magical powers and seeking revenge on a man who wronged her in a past life is in theory a cool idea, I wish someone else had thought of it and done something interesting with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skios
Oct 1, 2021

Angry Salami posted:

Man, can you imagine how different the world would be if Jesus had died in 33 AD?!

The movie actually does address this. The villain is convinced that by icing Jesus in Gethsemane just before the crucifixion, he'll still be a 'great prophet' for Islam, but Christianity won't be a thing without the crucifixion to revolve around. There's actually a scene where the heroes see current time without Christianity. It's a blasted apocalyptic hellscape that's heavily implied to be the result of nuclear armageddon, because without Christianity, the concept of forgiveness hasn't been invented.