Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oberstwo
Aug 19, 2022

July 19th release

Link with everything so far - 5/20/24

https://www.ea.com/games/ea-sports-college-football/college-football-25/news/welcome-to-college-football-25

Oberstwo fucked around with this message at 02:02 on May 21, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oberstwo
Aug 19, 2022

Reserved

Oberstwo
Aug 19, 2022

https://x.com/jenkinsandjonez/status/1742948040917328302?s=61&t=-OhDRmMvDfNgn9XVyQEwmg

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
ACC league back?

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

welcome to the glorious dawn of the acc era

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
we're taking umass to the natty baby

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

i can’t believe ea would own me like this, again

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?
It’s kind of bizarre they didn’t drop anything during the game. Like, what better opportunity would there ever be?

Oberstwo
Aug 19, 2022

https://twitter.com/GatorDave_SEC/status/1747334313043992919

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

I am so ready to get unreasonably mad at goons again

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?

This turned out to be a fake leak. There apparently isn’t a firm date set yet, and July 12 is just based on past releases.

Oberstwo
Aug 19, 2022

Fork of Unknown Origins posted:

This turned out to be a fake leak. There apparently isn’t a firm date set yet, and July 12 is just based on past releases.

lmao this rules

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

https://youtu.be/RvGlkQKipGo?si=_nI4zmo-8u0QJ7Yd

We have a real teaser and a vague release date. See y’all this summer.

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?
All FBS schools are in and it sounds like we get 85 man rosters. All bowls are in, NIL and transfer portal are in in some form or another. Dynasty and Road to Glory are in.

The weird news is there aren’t real coaches. Dunno if that means generic coaches only or there literally is no modeling of coaching.

Oberstwo
Aug 19, 2022

https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/status/1777480035085013295?t=-fgu3QuEWwbJzLtv5gMLlA&s=19

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

I'm very glad this is back, may my ACC dynasty live again.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

we have (deluxe edition) cover art:
https://twitter.com/TheAthletic/status/1788949693633819093

Oberstwo
Aug 19, 2022

7/19 confirmed release date

Oberstwo fucked around with this message at 17:57 on May 16, 2024

Oberstwo
Aug 19, 2022

Apparently cross play is confirmed as well so the leagues will probably be extremely full

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

no PC, they're still mad about Revamped

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

As long as I can continue my tradition of getting absolutely destroyed by ZSB and JB, then it doesn't matter which league I'm in.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Diodeous posted:

As long as I can continue my tradition of getting absolutely destroyed by ZSB and JB, then it doesn't matter which league I'm in.

YOU ARE WELCOMED BACK WITH OPEN ARMS

I'm using a giant norse horn to gather all my comrades back from CFB14 Valhalla

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

StupidSexyMothman posted:

no PC, they're still mad about Revamped

not shocked they're using year one to make sure everything works on three different console SKUs (possibly four if a PS5 Pro also comes out soon, as rumored). Madden is on PC now, I'm sure that'll be the feature they get people in with next year :v:

my body is ready, but sadly I'm on absolutely the wrong timezone for online dynasty shenanigans (Japan). likely to pick it up on Xbox anyways, but crossplay makes that a bit easier to swallow

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Diodeous posted:

I cannot wait to lose to the exact same people as I did 10 years ago.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Same dogshit engine as Madden. Same rancid ultimate team microtransaction bait. IDK why i got my hopes up for this game anyway

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

mcmagic posted:

Same dogshit engine as Madden. Same rancid ultimate team microtransaction bait. IDK why i got my hopes up for this game anyway

The last NCAA game used the base graphics cues, but had its own physics applied so I'm curious if its truly the madden gameplay engine or just their graphical design suite. Given how loudly the fans of this game have said "if its madden im out" I'd be real surprised if its the same gameplay piece. The custom version of this game existed at the level they do because of how much CFB game fans don't want Madden.

Trying to stay optimistic cause that trailer today was beautiful and hype.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1QDaXkufCo

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?

mcmagic posted:

This is such a weird take considering ‘14 had UT too and was based on a much worse Madden engine than the one now. And actually much worse micro transactions than even Madden has now with extra pipeline states and stuff.

Trailer looked good. Obviously doesn’t say anything about the gameplay but the focus on traditions and stuff is very welcome. I get the feeling whoever made it “gets” college football which is encouraging.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

https://www.ea.com/games/ea-sports-college-football/college-football-25/news/welcome-to-college-football-25

lads,

quote:

Dynasty
Create a coach, take control, upgrade their abilities and build a powerhouse college football program. Establish your coaching staff, then work to recruit the best talent either straight from high school or direct from the transfer portal. Take your team to the next level in Online Dynasty, where up to 32 players can compete against each other on and off the field.

quote:

TEAM BUILDER

Create your own college football program with customization tools on the Team Builder website*. Design uniforms, helmets, fields, and upload your own logo. You can then upload your program to use in Play Now and Dynasty. Check out the download center to browse teams created by the entire community. You can learn more about Team Builder later this Summer.

*Team Builder content can be used in offline Play Now and private Dynasty modes. Internet connection & EA account required. Applicable platform account may be required. Age restrictions may apply.

'private Dynasty modes' wonder if this means you real sickos can get custom FCS Dynastys going eventually :thunk:

harperdc fucked around with this message at 23:51 on May 17, 2024

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?
I would very much bet that “private” means “offline.” I hope I’m wrong but that would be my assumption unless they announce otherwise.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

A 32 person dynasty sounds incredible. Now we'll just have to remind 26 of the 32 people to get their games played in time.

Oberstwo
Aug 19, 2022

Diodeous posted:

A 32 person dynasty sounds incredible. Now we'll just have to remind 26 of the 32 people to get their games played in time.

Discord has completely changed this - its much easier organize and to get people to play consistently. Madden goons discord has 25+ user leagues at launch every year and we have seasons going through March every year because its so much easier to do than the old timey goon way of on the forums

Oberstwo fucked around with this message at 02:03 on May 21, 2024

Oberstwo
Aug 19, 2022

Link to Video Game Football Goon discord where most discussion will happen and everything else will happen at

https://discord.gg/EgdaZJcwaa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oberstwo
Aug 19, 2022

mcmagic posted:

Have u played the game at all in the last 5-10 years?