Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

That's assuming the old PC will still be on at the time. If you're copying other data, I'd copy the folder. It will save you from having to redownload the games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Yeah I recently upgraded hard drives and transferred my steamapps folder to a backup drive then back to the new one once I got Steam reinstalled. Made the whole process real simple when all you have to do is copy the folder back then sync the library to discover everything in there.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Sab669 posted:

There's no Exit Game button lol

You definitely seem to be missing some buttons, what platform are you playing on?

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Only Premium Users get to exit the game

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Broken Cog posted:

You definitely seem to be missing some buttons, what platform are you playing on?

Probably gamepass because it looks like that for me too. Although alt-f4 works just fine so :shrug:

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

You just haven't found the Exit pal yet. I think it's after the tutorial.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Pals don't let pals quit.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Palworld is pretty drat good IMO it does need some EA bake time but what is there now is really solid.

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

Broken Cog posted:

Not only does gamepass not have all those menu options, but you cant use DLSS and you CANNOT NAME YOUR CHARACTER so you end up with a random Player #### name. Needless to say I bought it on steam

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

game pass is a great deal

unless you actually want to play a working version of the game lol

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

That does seem to be an ongoing issue with gamepass, where games will get older versions than other platforms

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Why on earth would Gamepass have a different version than Steam?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Fun Times! posted:

Patches for gamepass games have to pass through MS Certification so from what I've always heard it's just harder to quickly get updates out on the MS Store due to that. Not sure why it would launch with different versions though. Same thing happened with Darktide and Cities Skylines 2 iirc, although those two eventually figured it out and I think patches for those come concurrently with Steam now.

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

Fun Times! posted:

If it's anything like all the other indie problems, it's that xbox and nintendo take realllllly long to get back to you with new submissions for approval. if you aren't important you're gonna be on read for a while

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Kragger99 posted:

Is there any benefit to copying over the steamapps - common folder for Steam when setting up a new PC? I plan to re- download the games i had installed before, and I've backed up the User folder where saves should be (other than on the cloud). Just wondering if there's any benefit to copy it over.

Also - I urge you all to take a peek at this folder on your system. I found a few demos that had ~5-10G of files in their folder (assuming it didn't uninstall). Helped clean up some drive space.

Steam doesn't need to be installed. You can just copy over the whole Steam folder and everything will work on a new system.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Dackel posted:

Not only does gamepass not have all those menu options, but you cant use DLSS and you CANNOT NAME YOUR CHARACTER so you end up with a random Player #### name. Needless to say I bought it on steam

Gamepass bringing back all that Games for Windows halfass port bullshit lol

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Yea I'm on Gamepass.

I thought this would be a mildly entertaining meme game but I dunno, an hour or two in and I definitely like it. Maybe I'll just snag it on Steam if Gamepass proves to be mega derpy.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

explosivo posted:

Patches for gamepass games have to pass through MS Certification so from what I've always heard it's just harder to quickly get updates out on the MS Store due to that. Not sure why it would launch with different versions though. Same thing happened with Darktide and Cities Skylines 2 iirc, although those two eventually figured it out and I think patches for those come concurrently with Steam now.

similar thing happened with Cassette Beasts, which ran terribly on Gamepass with frame hitches and audio corruption for months because the optimization patches hadn’t been applied

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Palworld's not for me but I always appreciate when a game comes out of nowhere and wins people over

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Doing pretty well.

https://twitter.com/Palworld_EN/status/1748378179134427304

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I’m having a lot fun with Palworld. It’s basically Ark with Pokémon and that combination is a lot of fun.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Sab669 posted:

There's no Exit Game button lol

why would ever want to quit?

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
Palworld was already over 370k concurrent players on steam. I am curious to see how many they sell.

Apparently the gamepass version does not have dedicated servers and can only support 4 player multiplayer, while on steam you can play with 32 people and there is not cross play between the versions.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

I'd like to see a roadmap for development, how they plan to move out of Early Access.

I don't know how easily you can break the game but I assume they could polish the existing content, push it to 1.0 and then just do major content updates 1-2x a year along with server resets. Oh, and some kind of creative mode, that would add a lot of value.

For comparison Rust released in Early Access 2013(full version 2018), and 11 years later it has 140k concurrent players and 12 million units sold.

The lack of crossplay on gamepass is definitely going to hurt, these games thrive on people wanting to play with large groups of people.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

people are comparing it to Ark; is there forced pvp over your very-destructible bases, too?

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
There is currently no PVP. Your bases do get raided by NPCs periodically and they can trash a base if left undefended.

Orv
May 4, 2011

The Lone Badger posted:

The Oddworld game from 2005?

Yes! Deeply bizarre game that does a lot of really cool stuff mechanically.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
My fondest memory of Strangers Wrath is going around town bragging to everyone I see about how I bagged Jo'Mamma :smug:

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
So any bets how long before the human capture/selling part of Palworld is patched out?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Palworld: is no controller button prompts another gamepass only bug? keyboard prompts show up just fine.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Yeah if you don't like survival craft games at all I don't think Palworld will win anyone over. But if your beef with those games is having to manually gather resources and craft, maybe pals being able to do that stuff for you will win you over. I was surprised when I sent out this cat pal who promptly ran over to a boulder and started mining it, and the sheep I had at base would come over and bring the rocks back to a container. More time for exploring and capturing other pals.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
did palworld not run great for anyone else? i had (not too frequent) dips below 60 at 1080p, with a card i don't think should have any trouble with the game even at higher resolutions.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Rinkles posted:

did palworld not run great for anyone else? i had (not too frequent) dips below 60 at 1080p, with a card i don't think should have any trouble with the game even at higher resolutions.

I only tried it on the steam deck and it ran fine there.

All the reviews I saw mentioned the performance was good / great overall.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

Completely unrelated but Slay the Princess is a great game.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

No thanks, I prefer Aloneworld.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

a7m2 posted:

Is the S silent?

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Jack Trades posted:

Is the S silent?

Lay the Prince is the sequel

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

a7m2 posted:

I enjoyed it as well, but after completing it, I got stuck with a feeling that it was less than sum of its parts. Specifically, while the individual chapters were good to great, the metaplot tying everything together was a bit disappointing and overly reliant on purple prose.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Jack Trades posted:

Is the S silent?

No, you are definitely here to slay her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

SirSamVimes posted:

No, you are definitely here to slay her.

I can fix her.