Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Regarde Aduck posted:

this motherfucker just solved the hard problem of consciousness!

that’s right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

I've noticed that now that it's unacceptable to use the r-slur to describe people or ideas, the word "unserious" has popped up to replace it. People on Twitter use it in exactly the same way even though it carries little weight as an insult.

War and Pieces posted:

I only use it to describe physical processes. "our flight is retarded by 2 hours"

There's a difference between delayed and retarded. An aircraft could be retarded by a strong headwind, but you're probably describing a scheduling delay. Using those words interchangeably is unserious.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

Chamale posted:

I've noticed that now that it's unacceptable to use the r-slur to describe people or ideas, the word "unserious" has popped up to replace it. People on Twitter use it in exactly the same way even though it carries little weight as an insult.

Trying to come up with completely unproblematic insults is always gonna feel corny because insults are meant to hurt. If you care that much just avoid insulting people in the first place.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

YaketySass posted:

Trying to come up with completely unproblematic insults is always gonna feel corny because insults are meant to hurt. If you care that much just avoid insulting people in the first place.

shut up redditor

011624_5
Jan 17, 2024
The market continues to allow the United States Credit because the United States Decrees

Samuel Glompers
Nov 26, 2020

tokin opposition posted:

The Deterministic Argument For Calling Mace Windu The N Word, a comprehensive study

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Chamale posted:

Epic High Five posted:

"Unserious" is a very good insult, which is immediately obvious because it makes people extremely mad and do long tweet essays about how it's problematic authoritarian language we should all move on from. Calling someone a clout chaser doesn't work because of course someone with an online platform is doing that, it's what you've got to do to be recognized at all, it's like trying to insult someone by calling them a wage laborer.

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

tokin opposition posted:

shut up redditor

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

tokin opposition posted:

it's not a hard problem if you admit free will is a lie and that consciousness is marketing to obfuscate that fact hth

maybe for you but im different

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

YaketySass posted:

I will never avoid insulting people. They have it coming. They know what they did.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

YaketySass posted:

Ok liberal

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

tokin opposition posted:

shut up redditor

Weka posted:

Ok liberal

See? Corny and too online. The C-SPAM equivalent of calling someone a shitlord.

Orange Devil posted:

I will never avoid insulting people. They have it coming. They know what they did.

More sensible attitude than deciding "dumb" is ableist.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

dumb is an ableist slur (laudatory, enthusiastic)

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Weka posted:

Ok liberal

https://twitter.com/saltysauerkraut/status/1747860206040879530?s=20

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

tokin opposition posted:

it's not a hard problem if you admit free will is a lie and that consciousness is marketing to obfuscate that fact hth

Yeah I also like to lie to myself and pretend all my most horrible decisions are because free will is a myth

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

The middle road and therefore the most dialectic one is that we do have free will but only on even numbered days

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

projecthalaxy posted:

The middle road and therefore the most dialectic one is that we do have free will but only on even numbered days

that must be why everything is so hosed, huh?
because there's 1 more odd numbered day 3 out of 4 years

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

projecthalaxy posted:

Men make their own will, but they do not make it as they please

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

StashAugustine posted:

Men make their own will, but they do not make it as they please

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

YaketySass posted:

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

Truga posted:

that must be why everything is so hosed, huh?
because there's 1 more odd numbered day 3 out of 4 years

ACTUALLY its 97 out of 400 years unless youre eastern orthodox

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

:hmmyes:

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

Chamale posted:

There's a difference between delayed and retarded. An aircraft could be retarded by a strong headwind, but you're probably describing a scheduling delay. Using those words interchangeably is unserious.

unalive yourself

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

War and Pieces posted:

unalive yourself

Hopefully Felix makes more jokes like this so you can finally go through with it.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Hopefully Felix makes more jokes like this so you can finally go through with it.

no, Felix has learned from his infamous Heated Gamer Moment

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Again, anyone who says to a brother or sister, ‘r-word,’ is answerable to the mods. And anyone who says, ‘You unserious person!’ will be in danger of the fire of hell.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

docbeard posted:

Again, anyone who says to a brother or sister, ‘r-word,’ is answerable to the mods. And anyone who says, ‘You unserious person!’ will be in danger of the fire of hell.

Wow throwing the enbies to the wolves, typical cop behavior.

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋
I know Poso is cheating but lol

https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/1745878576606466359

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

It gave white people the ability to control mines in the ruhr?

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

lmao yikes

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

docbeard posted:

mods are pretty r-worded not gonna lie

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

please respect and cherish the mods

Endman
May 18, 2010

respect is my favourite r-word

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Endman posted:

regal, respectable, righteous

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Endman posted:

???????

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

which one?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treaty_of_Versailles_(disambiguation)

thekeeshman
Feb 21, 2007

Endman posted:

https://x.com/elonmusk/status/1748039011237535767?s=20

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
That's another word that's gonna have to be retired

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

Milo and POTUS posted:

That's another word that's gonna have to be retired

Some p-words are real b*ngers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014
wow i guess elon really does speak street