Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

another reason to love AEW

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 28 hours!
dave is arguing on twitter again

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

dave is arguing on twitter again

Other shocking developments: water wet, sun bright

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

rotinaj posted:

I really hate that the culture war has gotten back around to the assholes calling people they dislike Satan worshippers, and it is getting into everything

My fandom of knowledge fight and my pro wrestling watching should not cross over, that sucks

Just remember JobberNation believes precisely none of what they post and is just trying to angle for that sweet Elon outrage engagement :10bux:.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Dawgstar posted:

Just remember JobberNation believes precisely none of what they post and is just trying to angle for that sweet Elon outrage engagement :10bux:.

I mean, like I said, knowledge fight

There is no shortage of people on the right wing doing that from that side, trying to grift off it and believing precisely none of it

It still sucks

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

rotinaj posted:

I mean, like I said, knowledge fight

There is no shortage of people on the right wing doing that from that side, trying to grift off it and believing precisely none of it

It still sucks

It is pretty dispiriting how much overlap there is between RWM and "Wrestling Journalism." You see the exact same tactics at work, the same levers being pulled by people whose entire business model operates on being contrarian.

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

Most Power Alex posted:

He's right you know, MJF call himself a metaphorical devil is much worse than the time Vince challenged and 'beat' God.

My old boss used to get upset at Miro's gimmick because of the whole redeemer and challenging god thing, iirc also mad about the barbed wire crown hangman gave Adam Cole on Easter Sunday

Still stupid, but at least that kinda made sense to me

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Impact featured a match that people are raving about but if you are a Vincel account you upload a weird tiny video of this promo and say it's Paul Heyman level instead.

https://twitter.com/AEWdisciplinary/status/1748423135349653853

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
JobberNation is so desperate for ElonBucks he’s pivoting to being a right-wing guy instead

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
AEW being anti-Christian is so off base, they love Christian so much they call him The Father.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Seams posted:

JobberNation is so desperate for ElonBucks he’s pivoting to being a right-wing guy instead

He has always been a right wing guy.

Quid
Jul 19, 2006

MassRafTer posted:

Impact featured a match that people are raving about but if you are a Vincel account you upload a weird tiny video of this promo and say it's Paul Heyman level instead.

https://twitter.com/AEWdisciplinary/status/1748423135349653853

It's still real to me, dammit!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
It's a great day for posts.

https://twitter.com/fostbitten27/status/1748406184384549017

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Nobody has ever kicked out at one through sheer fighting spirit before

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

https://twitter.com/blerp1000000/status/1748257683717980286

Joshi purists who can't help but poo poo on TJPW for being sillier than STARDOM are up there with the most obnoxious people on wrestling twitter.

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

Dude must have really hated the Road Warriors

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

me to tony about his booking: You did a racism. You did an imperialism. You did a nationalism. You did a xenophobia. You did a white fragility. You did a weak apology. You did no growth. This makes it abundantly clear you don't understand the intersectional nature of the multiplicity of your offenses

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
I might get torched here for this but I actually feel similarly to that person about TJPW; the wrestling mostly ain't that great but I like everyone involved well enough for it not to matter

this kid is nuts
Mar 30, 2016
Almost all wrestling looks like you went to your local playground and saw some kids goofing off, that's why it's so great

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

TJPW is about vibes.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

AEW is where you go to work the marks

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

apophenium posted:

I might get torched here for this but I actually feel similarly to that person about TJPW; the wrestling mostly ain't that great but I like everyone involved well enough for it not to matter

TJPW is the perfect company to dip in and out of. The undercards are often not so interesting so I just skip them.

I dunno, early TJPW is rough to watch but this dude sounds more like he's describing current Actwres girlZ than Tokyo Joshi to me. Pom will never be Meiko Satomura or Manami Toyota but that's not her role. I'd certainly rather watch her than Natsuko Tora being a rubbish Mayumi Ozaki

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

Goblin deez nuts amirite ladies?

enigmahfc posted:

another reason to love AEW

Yeah sure, let me know when AEW books the Christian God to lose a match against Tony Khan.

this kid is nuts
Mar 30, 2016
Even random TJPW undercards on the smaller shows have gems... I remember Yamashita and Pom having basically the perfect match this one time. Totally character-based, all of it made perfect sense and told a really complete, economical and funny story. The kind of poo poo WWE fans lecture other wrestling fans about what wrestling "should be", but barely ever actually happens in WWE

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Testekill posted:

Joshi purists who can't help but poo poo on TJPW for being sillier than STARDOM are up there with the most obnoxious people on wrestling twitter.

Are they desperately trying to watch TJPW and look at anywhere but Miyu?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Goblin Queen posted:

Yeah sure, let me know when AEW books the Christian God to lose a match against Tony Khan.

The Christian God will never lose the TNT Championship

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

Goblin deez nuts amirite ladies?

Ganso Bomb posted:

The Christian God will never lose the TNT Championship

:pray:

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

this kid is nuts posted:

Almost all wrestling looks like you went to your local playground and saw some kids goofing off, that's why it's so great

Shout out to Sir William Black

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

This tweet is so funny to me.

https://twitter.com/thesuperjcast/status/1748264063241445805

“As soon as anybody gets over”, like Okada just became a huge star last year? Or Jay? Or Ospreay?

Just silly stuff.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
found a guy who's entire being is "be mad at greg"

https://twitter.com/BNBroadcast/status/1748137918177128746?t=a8B6qMymL64geqFmW5zNHw&s=19

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Ganso Bomb posted:

“As soon as anybody gets over”, like Okada just became a huge star last year? Or Jay? Or Ospreay?

Just silly stuff.

I mean AEW didn't exist when Okada became a huge star. And the Japanese industry wasn't in the dirt. But with conditions as they are in America & Japan, this is basically true now.

You have to read it incredibly uncharitably to think that tweet belongs in this thread :shrug:

Contender for the weirdest gimmick on social media.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Ganso Bomb posted:

Yeah, AEW rules

Ganso Bomb posted:

Just silly stuff.

the rain Okada is making is my tears :(

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Ganso Bomb posted:

Just silly stuff.

Nah that's a legit concern if your in Puro and I get where they are coming from. The last part is just more for young talent like say Gabe Kidd

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 28 hours!
dave is arguing on twitter again...

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

dave is arguing on twitter again...

king

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Lamenting that everyone is for sale is dumb because of course they are, that's how the world works.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

i’m happy for any wrestlers that get the SLOM

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

forkboy84 posted:

I mean AEW didn't exist when Okada became a huge star. And the Japanese industry wasn't in the dirt. But with conditions as they are in America & Japan, this is basically true now.

You have to read it incredibly uncharitably to think that tweet belongs in this thread :shrug:

Contender for the weirdest gimmick on social media.

Everyone is for sale is a very stupid thing to say. Yes, wrestlers are free to sign with who they want. Japanese companies have historically been very lucky that wrestlers are very loyal to their company. In this case, just a month ago the Super J Cast tweeted this:

https://twitter.com/thesuperjcast/status/1731768552577737034

Now that someone has left, it's guys being for sale.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

There are perfectly good reason to poo poo on Greg.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

MassRafTer posted:

Everyone is for sale is a very stupid thing to say. Yes, wrestlers are free to sign with who they want. Japanese companies have historically been very lucky that wrestlers are very loyal to their company. In this case, just a month ago the Super J Cast tweeted this:

https://twitter.com/thesuperjcast/status/1731768552577737034

Now that someone has left, it's guys being for sale.

I love this logic of like "Wrestlers don't want to work for a company with technical issues on their streams" or like "Wrestlers don't want to work for a company whose owner makes bad tweets"

Wrestlers want to work someone that's gonna pay them, my guy