Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

that's the karen commander

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Toshimo posted:

About his "son"...

Plus Urza was super into eugenics so that puts him incel adjacent at least.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

hey mom its 420 posted:

does anyone have any suggestions as to what you'd cut or add

I have a Jaheira/Clan Crafter deck that works on similar principles, the MVPs are, imo,

Jaheira, Ashaya, Adrix and Nev, Doubling Season, Parallel Lives, Scute Swarm, Shared Summons, Threats Undetected and Second Harvest. Threats Undetected is useful for you if you put Jaheira in, because she, Urza and Galazeth have different powers so you're guaranteed to end up with at least one.

[edit]

Awaken the Woods for sure

MrL_JaKiri fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Jan 4, 2024

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Urza is the divorced Commander, actually.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

MonsieurChoc posted:

Liu Bei. Cao Cao is the one who laughs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwhDrYfKSj8

Universes Beyond Dynasty Warriors, come on.

I have unfortunate news

hey mom its 420
May 12, 2007

MrL_JaKiri posted:

I have a Jaheira/Clan Crafter deck that works on similar principles, the MVPs are, imo,

Jaheira, Ashaya, Adrix and Nev, Doubling Season, Parallel Lives, Scute Swarm, Shared Summons, Threats Undetected and Second Harvest. Threats Undetected is useful for you if you put Jaheira in, because she, Urza and Galazeth have different powers so you're guaranteed to end up with at least one.

[edit]

Awaken the Woods for sure

nice, I'll definitely add jaheira and steal some tech from your deck!

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

MonsieurChoc posted:

Urza is the divorced Commander, actually.

nah urza is full of MGTOW loser energy, he straight up ghosted Kayla like he was going out for milk and cigarettes

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I know, but the next one would be Branded(tm).

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

MonsieurChoc posted:

I know, but the next one would be Branded(tm).

Khans of the Romance of the Three Kingdoms and Dragons of the Romance of the Three Kingdoms would be a hellofathing

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Toph Bei Fong posted:

Khans of the Romance of the Three Kingdoms and Dragons of the Romance of the Three Kingdoms would be a hellofathing

Three Kingdoms Reforged

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

I'd be down for a Dynasty Warriors Universes Beyond, but only if the cards have those old ripcord-style grooves on them that play audio recordings when you run your fingernail over them, and the cards have spoken lines from the PS2 era games

Basically I want a card named DONG ZHUO IS CALLING the WINDS! that plays that exact audio clip from DW3

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Silhouette posted:

I'd be down for a Dynasty Warriors Universes Beyond, but only if the cards have those old ripcord-style grooves on them that play audio recordings when you run your fingernail over them, and the cards have spoken lines from the PS2 era games

Basically I want a card named DONG ZHUO IS CALLING the WINDS! that plays that exact audio clip from DW3

DO NOT PURSUE LU BU.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

https://markrosewater.tumblr.com/post/738966628647190528/maros-teaser-for-murders-at-karlov-manor

Balon
May 23, 2010

...my greatest work yet.
Self promo but this week I'm on Casual Magic with Shivam Bhatt as we talk deck building, cutting from a pile of cards, and finding your "success condition" of a deck. Worth a listen!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnaW5kfm-SA

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

"Artifact Creature -- Clue Fish"

Red Herring detected.

Balon posted:

Self promo but this week I'm on Casual Magic with Shivam Bhatt as we talk deck building, cutting from a pile of cards, and finding your "success condition" of a deck. Worth a listen!

That's cool! I keep meaning to start listening to Casual Magic, I really like Shivam when he shows up on other shows I watch. I'll try to remember to put this on.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Balon posted:

That’s really awesome, cool to see you connecting with other content creators.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
Cats once again doing very good things. I challenged one player to play a fungus -1/-1 deck and I was able to win.

With one life.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Now that Ravnica Remastered is out, one of each shockland is down to about $98. I want to get my friend all of the shocklands but I'm not sure how long I should wait. I waited too long on Cavern of Souls and it bounced back in price.

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006
My Chief (Navy) texted my after work yesterday to tell me he pulled a Foil Borderless Anime Cyclonic Rift, so gently caress him.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Batterypowered7 posted:

Now that Ravnica Remastered is out, one of each shockland is down to about $98. I want to get my friend all of the shocklands but I'm not sure how long I should wait. I waited too long on Cavern of Souls and it bounced back in price.

Hard to tell, but getting them now probably won’t burn you too badly even if they drop more. EVERYONE needs Shocks, so even with a bunch more being opened I don’t see the pride getting too crazy low.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

TotalHell posted:

Hard to tell, but getting them now probably won’t burn you too badly even if they drop more. EVERYONE needs Shocks, so even with a bunch more being opened I don’t see the pride getting too crazy low.

Looks like prices are expected to bottom out in the next two to four weeks, so I'll just wait a week or two more and pull the trigger then.

MasterBuilder
Sep 30, 2008
Oven Wrangler
I went to a draft and pulled a temple garden in my opening pack and another in my prize pack. Which would be great if I hadn't bought a playset early last year. Could've been any other but had to be the only one I had a playset of already.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

MasterBuilder posted:

I went to a draft and pulled a temple garden in my opening pack and another in my prize pack. Which would be great if I hadn't bought a playset early last year. Could've been any other but had to be the only one I had a playset of already.

congrats on your two new GW/GWx commander decks

Party Miser
Apr 1, 2011
I am having trouble cutting stuff down to 100 in my Lara Croft deck. It isn't high power, but it is stuff I have already. I don't know if I am lowballing creatures or anything. I could use some help at least cutting https://www.moxfield.com/decks/XOK8s73DUUuQvud4i7m78Q

I'm sure I can just cut some of the lame legendaries too.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Party Miser posted:

I am having trouble cutting stuff down to 100 in my Lara Croft deck. It isn't high power, but it is stuff I have already. I don't know if I am lowballing creatures or anything. I could use some help at least cutting https://www.moxfield.com/decks/XOK8s73DUUuQvud4i7m78Q

I'm far from a commander expert, so take this all with a grain of salt:

• First I'd cut the Up the Beanstalk. You've only got a grand total of 13 spells in the deck that are 5 mana and up, and only 2 artifacts (Slicer and Doors of Durin) that you could recast with Lara. I don't think this is going to do much for you.
  • Insurrection is just kind of a generic win the game card. I get that you have a theft subtheme going on, but Insurrection is kind one of those cards that you resolve once and that's enough for a lifetime.
  • Reclaim is not a very good card in this deck. You don't really have tons of topdeck synergies, so a Regrowth would be better, and it's not like it's an expensive card. Or you can just cut it entirely since your commander has recursion built in.
  • I see where you're coming from with Aggravated Assault and Last Night Together, but consider whether paying 5 mana for an extra Lara Croft activation is really worthwhile.
  • With only 27 creatures in the deck, Doors of Durin isn't going to hit very often. Is it really worth a slot?
  • What's Subterranean Schooner for? It's not legendary and it doesn't look like explore really does much for you.
  • Take a hard look at Sword of Forge and Frontier. My guess is that it's in your deck as a ramp effect, but it's pretty slow and uncertain at the job, and it's not legendary.
  • Halana and Alena doesn't really seem to fit the theme of your deck. Neither does Me, the Immortal.
  • I don't think there's enough instants or sorceries in your deck for Storm-Kiln Artist to really shine, especially considering that it's going to put a bullseye on your back (it's a well-known combo card).

That's 11 relatively straightforward cuts from an outside perspective, which still leaves you with 10 to go but it's a start.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Party Miser posted:

When I'm dealing with Too Many Cards Syndrome, I always strip the deck down to parts that make the deck work and parts that are just cards I want to play. I'd filter Lara Croft down to legendary artifacts and lands that might find themselves in the graveyard easily, or ways to get them there when you want them (e.g. Frantic Search and Thirst for Knowledge), ways to copy her ability to get more than one use out of it, and ways to give her haste and protection to make sure she can attack. The historic support is a good idea, but Bjorna, Rashmi, Last Night Together, Anduril, etc. aren't doing anything important. Up the Beanstalk only has 13 out of 100 cards that trigger it. Palantír of Orthanc seems good with her, maybe?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

If you're using a sword for ramp, Hearth and Home is much better at it.

Party Miser
Apr 1, 2011

Zurai posted:

I'm far from a commander expert, so take this all with a grain of salt:

• First I'd cut the Up the Beanstalk. You've only got a grand total of 13 spells in the deck that are 5 mana and up, and only 2 artifacts (Slicer and Doors of Durin) that you could recast with Lara. I don't think this is going to do much for you.
  • Insurrection is just kind of a generic win the game card. I get that you have a theft subtheme going on, but Insurrection is kind one of those cards that you resolve once and that's enough for a lifetime.
  • Reclaim is not a very good card in this deck. You don't really have tons of topdeck synergies, so a Regrowth would be better, and it's not like it's an expensive card. Or you can just cut it entirely since your commander has recursion built in.
  • I see where you're coming from with Aggravated Assault and Last Night Together, but consider whether paying 5 mana for an extra Lara Croft activation is really worthwhile.
  • With only 27 creatures in the deck, Doors of Durin isn't going to hit very often. Is it really worth a slot?
  • What's Subterranean Schooner for? It's not legendary and it doesn't look like explore really does much for you.
  • Take a hard look at Sword of Forge and Frontier. My guess is that it's in your deck as a ramp effect, but it's pretty slow and uncertain at the job, and it's not legendary.
  • Halana and Alena doesn't really seem to fit the theme of your deck. Neither does Me, the Immortal.
  • I don't think there's enough instants or sorceries in your deck for Storm-Kiln Artist to really shine, especially considering that it's going to put a bullseye on your back (it's a well-known combo card).

That's 11 relatively straightforward cuts from an outside perspective, which still leaves you with 10 to go but it's a start.

The "Me the immortal" is at least for some graveyard pulling which feels "on theme" but the halana and alena i saw recommend elsewhere but doesn't really fit what I've got going.
I would definitely add more creatures if i could find the room to do so. But thank you very much for the advice.

Aphrodite posted:

If you're using a sword for ramp, Hearth and Home is much better at it.

i don't have that card and am not spending more on this deck. All the money stuff in it is stuff I've pulled from other decks. Thanks anyway.

I understand it's a pretty low power deck that's win con is swing to win. I reluctantly added godo so it's not 100% lose rate. It just seems neat to have the theme.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

If you have an MTGO account, you have until today (Jan 14, 2024) 9:00PM Eastern to log on, go into the store, and enter promo code "REPAIR" to unlock almost every card in Magic until Tuesday (as their apology for MTGO maintenance going too long). Might be good to test some decks in Commander open queues.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Accidentally posted about it in the Arkham LCG thread but:

Batterypowered7 posted:

Karlov Manor spoilers started. They made a cycle of Temple-like duals. They're typed, etb tapped, and surveil on etb.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Oh, hey, Morph is back as Disguise. Neat.

EDIT: Also I'm going to go out on a limb and say that both Voja and Judith are going to be extremely popular commanders.

Zurai fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Jan 17, 2024

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Lots of good cards for Arcades the Strategist.

Party Miser
Apr 1, 2011
https://magic.wizards.com/en/news/announcements/secret-lair-commander-deck-raining-cats-and-dogs
new secret lair deck list. even though the new art is lovely and i want the lands and tokens, I'm feeling good that my jinnie fae cat token deck is better.
money is better spent on something else stupid like that anime smothering tithe, or maybe that annointed procession.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Party Miser posted:

https://magic.wizards.com/en/news/announcements/secret-lair-commander-deck-raining-cats-and-dogs
new secret lair deck list. even though the new art is lovely and i want the lands and tokens, I'm feeling good that my jinnie fae cat token deck is better.
money is better spent on something else stupid like that anime smothering tithe, or maybe that annointed procession.

As I said in the other thread, my Rin and Seri deck is very close to this, but even if mine is better it's still a 7/10. And the $150 price tag is a joke considering the lands. I want to make a separate Jinnie Fae deck. My Rin and Seri deck has a lot of cards that were so on-theme I couldn't not play them, but Jinnie Fae looks more competitive in that it can surprise make lethal amounts of hasty cats out of a previously empty board.

All Rin and Seri has is Aluren combos for infinite dogs.

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose
Yah that’s my rin and seri deck, aluren combo or craterhoof. I just finally finished it in paper too. I guess new art would be cool, but will just look for the single later.

I just run Jinnie Fae in the 100. There’s lots of ways to find her in green. Plus I like the changing double token with Rin and Seri.

Party Miser
Apr 1, 2011

LifeLynx posted:

As I said in the other thread, my Rin and Seri deck is very close to this, but even if mine is better it's still a 7/10. And the $150 price tag is a joke considering the lands. I want to make a separate Jinnie Fae deck. My Rin and Seri deck has a lot of cards that were so on-theme I couldn't not play them, but Jinnie Fae looks more competitive in that it can surprise make lethal amounts of hasty cats out of a previously empty board.

All Rin and Seri has is Aluren combos for infinite dogs.

jinnie fae is really fun. it's super easy to go wide with tons of different token makers. i still need to finish making hybrid cat tokens for the deck. i.e. food cat, treasure cat, blood cat, human cat, rabbit cat (cabbit), etc.

it is surprisingly versatile because the stuff I'm turning into cats are useful even if i don't have jinnie out.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
Absolutely impressed with my kitty voltron deck. Won a game swinging three creatures that added up to 24 with lifelink, first strike, trample, and double strike. Then I paid the ability from Ahrebo, Roar of the Wild and the pod just scooped. Nobody had an answer with my growing lifegain.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Katamari Democracy posted:

Absolutely impressed with my kitty voltron deck. Won a game swinging three creatures that added up to 24 with lifelink, first strike, trample, and double strike. Then I paid the ability from Ahrebo, Roar of the Wild and the pod just scooped. Nobody had an answer with my growing lifegain.

I wanted to make all the Cat decks, but there's only so many that are good and how many WGx manabases can I sleeve up?

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

LifeLynx posted:

I wanted to make all the Cat decks, but there's only so many that are good and how many WGx manabases can I sleeve up?

You want to enable to draw cheap as poo poo cats on the field with a few bomb cats with equipment effects. Then put equipments on the field. My favorite equipments are the Kaldra set (And Kaldra Complete) to really make the board sweat. Once a creature has the Kaldra with hexproof is immediately scary as poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Thinking about making a Dakkon Blackblade deck inspired by Dark Souls.