Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ferrous
Feb 28, 2010
Navia literally blows Furina out of the water.

e: :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kale
May 14, 2010

Wasn't expecting this Itto event to actually have that much voiced major character dialogue too it. I'm also surprised that not only was Kuki Shinobu just off camera out of frame for the whole time, but here hanging out with her lawyer buddy Yanfei like you'd actually expect if they're all in Liyue. :stare:

:lol: I saw this one a couple days ago and sort of appreciated the Hilichurl perspective. It's like a boss fight only Navia is the boss character and you're in control of her basically. For me they got the gap moe thing pretty much exactly right with the character and the contrast between the proper lady eating her macarons and drinking tea with a curtsy (literally does one in her attack animations) at basically the same time as nuking everything with her Gunbrella and pulverizing it with her axe.

Kale fucked around with this message at 10:52 on Jan 18, 2024

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
yeah idk about all that I like seeing the pew pew umberella melt bosses health bars

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Now I want roving bands of hilichurl boar riders raiding the random standalone buildings/points of interest around the world.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Meanwhile the Furina experience is
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56O9KqBe7jM

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

I hope there's good 4* characters revealed on the CR/Nahida banner tomorrow because I finally got a working card to throw money at Genshin. I mean, best case scenario I pull Nahida really early (only at 10 pity) and can choose to either go for CR or Nahida's C1 with the remaining wishes. It's either that, or save for Arlecchino/Kazuha. Kazuha is the last puzzle piece I think I need to complete my account and Arlecchino just looks really cool and I'm a sucker for the bad-guys turned good

as far as I know they generally try and make a scuffed, but usable team comp for one of the banner characters and we already know GaMing will be on there so maybe this banner ends up with the Xinyan hot potato

btw, do the web event going on right now! It's one of those multi-day events but gives 80 primos for every activity with tons of opportunities to get extras every day (From friends, from the usual login bonuses, then things like opening chests, doing bosses, etc). It's a powerwash simulator if that kind of thing makes your brain all fuzzy

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Excelzior posted:

they're calling it an artifact loadout system but it's more of a character loadout system or an artifact quickpick (so you cant easily swap loadouts between characters)

The way they described it I have no idea what the use case is. It lets you autoequip artifacts based on some sampling of other players? Ignoring the fact that people use different characters at different levels of progression, this system sounds like an overengineered solution to a problem that doesn't exist. You could probably just dump the genshin spreadsheet and then add it to a "suggest artifacts" button and get something useful for a fraction of that effort.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Mailer posted:

The way they described it I have no idea what the use case is. It lets you autoequip artifacts based on some sampling of other players? Ignoring the fact that people use different characters at different levels of progression, this system sounds like an overengineered solution to a problem that doesn't exist. You could probably just dump the genshin spreadsheet and then add it to a "suggest artifacts" button and get something useful for a fraction of that effort.
I don't understand what it is at all, but my dream is setting artifacts to characters and when I do a domain the artifact set is auto-equipped to the characters I've got in my party. Like if I've only got one good VV set between Venti and Sucrose, if I'm doing the Abyss and my artifacts are on Sucrose but I want to use Venti, the game recognizes that these two share an artifact set and Venti is naked so puts them on him

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I just want a set of artifacts named like we can name our teams, which auto-locks them and prevents them from being unlocked, and then I can select a character to equip them too and it automatically does so.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
I would be satisfied if I just had a quick way to swap artifacts between two characters.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Maxwell Adams posted:

I would be satisfied if I just had a quick way to swap artifacts between two characters.
The best I can offer is that when you equip one that's already on someone it swaps the equipping character's artifact for it on the "source" character. In this way, I have prepped my GaMing set on Hu Tao.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

The best I can offer is that when you equip one that's already on someone it swaps the equipping character's artifact for it on the "source" character. In this way, I have prepped my GaMing set on Hu Tao.

I usually use Amber, Barbara, Dori, or Traveler as my mannequin.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

The cleaning web event game is fun

I guess this means I should purchase "cleanup simulator" or whatever that game is called

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Meowywitch posted:

The cleaning web event game is fun

I guess this means I should purchase "cleanup simulator" or whatever that game is called
It's powerwash simulator and I don't get it but my friend spent like 100 hours in it

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Tampa Bae posted:

It's powerwash simulator and I don't get it but my friend spent like 100 hours in it

It's oddly relaxing

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
NA LIVESTREAM CODES EXPIRING SOON

BBQ8AZHUH2CZ
MT88AYHCZ2UR
FA9QAG7DZJEV

ssmagus
Apr 2, 2010
Assmagus, LPer ass-traordinaire
BBQ8AZHUH2CZ

MT88AYHCZ2UR

FA9QAGYDZJEV

the 3 codes from the stream

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
https://genshin.hoyoverse.com/en/gift?code=BBQ8AZHUH2CZ
https://genshin.hoyoverse.com/en/gift?code=MT88AYHCZ2UR
https://genshin.hoyoverse.com/en/gift?code=FA9QAGYDZJEV

one click versions

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

No Wave posted:

FA9QAG7DZJEV

¡JEV!

Kale
May 14, 2010

I feel like a lot of the time lately that this patch will be a lot more involved than it looked at the outset, but they kind of just didn't present all that well in this livestream which is uncharacteristic of the Lantern Rite ones. It was probably one of the duller vibe livestreams they've had honestly and felt kind of rushed in terms of presenting the updates and more business like than the more casual and laid back ones like the 2.4 lantern rite one for example. It could just be that the Chinese communities and English ones feel worlds apart these days and the former is probably gearing up for New Years Holiday's and in a more mellow sort of Holiday mood this week with the biggest one in China almost upon them while the English one is just perpetually on fire and in a state of open revolt these days and the Holidays are mostly behind us so it creates this contrasting atmosphere of sorts where the expectations don't quite meet the presentation.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Literally just stop smashing your face into whatever beehive it is you're messing with isth

You will literally be happier!!

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Trailer was really awesome, Gaming looks really rad

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

Just hit me that new permanent explorable area means new chests and quests means more opportunities to skip dailies. I don't think I've done any since the new system launched. Maybe hoyo wants to allow us to skip them, forever...?

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

silvergoose posted:

Googling "Gaming Trailer"

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

You can pace out your quest and event completion to never have to do them. Most events only give XP when you claim rewards so you can even queue up several days' dailies at once. I don't know what the standard fontaine commissions even look like.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Lantern Rite is generally a fun event, a free constellation (yaoyao) will be great, and new costumes are always nice to see. It looks like they're adding 3 this time? Hopefully that's a sign they're going to actually start having more than like 1 person working on adding more of them moving forward -_-

Gaming looks fun/cool with a very dynamic playstyle, and I'm a huge sucker for technomagic style SFX, shame he's a DPS since 4* are always lackluster compared to 5*

Kale
May 14, 2010

silvergoose posted:

The added context of realizing that the strange pose in his original leaked art was because he's supposed to be holding one of those Dragon Kites really changes the vibe of the character a lot. I still don't care much for his voice though.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Kale posted:

The added context of realizing that the strange pose in his original leaked art was because he's supposed to be holding one of those Dragon Kites really changes the vibe of the character a lot. I still don't care much for his voice though.

His voice in Chinese is great!

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

O hey the Navia leaderboard is up on akasha. Lemme see...

Waow, top 4% Navia with the 2x2x I had laying around, pretty good for zero resin investment

Makes me think I'm probably never gonna actually farm her personal artifact set at this point. Maybe strongbox in 2 years lol

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

Girl help, everyone aroubd me's using that 5 star axe!!

Stop spending so much money on this shitass game you dingi (<-plural of dingus)!!!!!

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

MoonCrab posted:

O hey the Navia leaderboard is up on akasha. Lemme see...

Waow, top 4% Navia with the 2x2x I had laying around, pretty good for zero resin investment

Makes me think I'm probably never gonna actually farm her personal artifact set at this point. Maybe strongbox in 2 years lol

I can do 3% better with a full Nighttime set. The first time I've ever really had an exceptionally geared character. She deserves it.

Though no matter what that image says, I will never use Bennett! Nothing can make me!

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Eimi posted:

Though no matter what that image says, I will never use Bennett! Nothing can make me!

But teamwork is the dreamwork?

rio
Mar 20, 2008

I got top 5% with a glad set lol

I hope some day I get her own set. Literally since she came out I’ve spent my resin plus some refreshes on that goddamn domain. Before I strongboxes some of the pieces, it showed a vastly disproportionate amount of the healing set compared to her set. I will get *maybe* one or two pieces with the right main stat and a crit stat on it per week. Maybe one or two double crit stats per month.

It’s really poo poo and goddamn it reminds me how much I hate the artifact grind when the game wants to gently caress you. I don’t care how high they could made it but I really wish there were some sort of pity for artifacts or at least a system like HSR where you can recycle unused pieces into any set you want with the occasional chance to choose the main stat as well.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I wish verdict had dropped for me :(

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

https://twitter.com/xinzoruo/status/1748673768833069195

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Its funny because I've been farming it for Chevreuse/Mika sets and I keep getting (unusably bad) Navia pieces. Would like some of that healing set RNG that everyone else is getting.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

https://twitter.com/Nepnepping/status/1748442535171641690

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Yanfei's cool.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Yanfei's JP voice actress, Hanamori Yumiri, is excellent, like she sounds just so chill and I love listening to her talk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

I finished the main Liyue quest with Zhongli and Childe and had a dozen new quests pop up with conflicting warnings about busy characters so that will be fun to untangle. I'll do some beetle battling and teapot unlocking later. In the meantime I ran back out to Fontaine for some blade dance event mission that was ending. It had some guest chars to borrow.

Navia is redonkulous and I'm bummed I lost her 50-50. Got almost max points carried by her despite my undergeared mostly 30ish teams. I didn't do as well on the others but playing punchmans with Wesley-Batman was awesome too and I'll have to watch for his rerun.