Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.

Mercury Hat posted:

this has been the running joke between me and my friend whenever the sea hag's shown up this storyline

You might want to pop the popcorn for this one.

Thimble Theater (August 23, 1940)

Mutts

Sally Forth

Skippy (January 6, 1936)

Peanuts (January 21, 1977)

Crankshaft

Rip Haywire

Li'l Abner (September 5-7, 1935)

Out Our Way (November 4-6, 1943)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

GOD, Schkade's use of shadow is SO GOOD.

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

EasyEW posted:

Thimble Theater (August 23, 1940)

incredible, thimble theater always delivers

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Breaking Cat News

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

My Lovely Horse posted:

Well I'll have to see what Will Henry makes of it before I really say I don't like it. :v: He's never steered me wrong so far.

Wallace the Brave

Heart of the City

Alley Oop

Alright, which one of the Alley Oop duo got a bad review on Goodreads recently?

Curtis

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

When did Billingsly stop putting quotation marks around Onion’s name? Didn’t it always used to be Derek and “Onion”? I feel like I’ve missed a lot of changes in Curtis lore.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

I AM GRANDO posted:

When did Billingsly stop putting quotation marks around Onion’s name? Didn’t it always used to be Derek and “Onion”? I feel like I’ve missed a lot of changes in Curtis lore.

About 8 years ago, I think.

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.
Modesty Blaise: The Bluebeard Affair

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Slylock Fox been getting some kickass art submissions lately

Luann

No, you guys, you see?? Gunther is the one who is the bestest boyfriendiest boyfriend ever and Bets is the one who can't live without her horrible addiction to liking things she likes! See????*

YOU SEE GIRLS WITH THEIR OWN JOBS AND INTERESTS OUTSIDE OF YOU ARE A WASTE OF TIME SEE??????

Gil Thorp

Home Free

Readers of this thread who choose to ignore this strip are probably the happiest of all of us

*Also she's been completely disconnected from social media and doing exclusively things he likes for a while now. He's the one who's dull as dogshit

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Julet Esqu posted:

Luann

No, you guys, you see?? Gunther is the one who is the bestest boyfriendiest boyfriend ever and Bets is the one who can't live without her horrible addiction to liking things she likes! See????

i like gunt panicking over the possibility of them breaking up because he knows that if this doesn't work out he will be cast into the hell of having to marry luann

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Haha wow I'm glad I didn't give the Evans any benefit of the doubt. Just right back into Streaming Bad, Gunther Good. This stinks!

Jucika "510 -Jucika's Subway Adventure"

"511 - Jucika And The City Tour Bus" NSFW Nudity

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Transmodiar posted:

Modesty Blaise: The Bluebeard Affair

Modesty and Willy vs Ra's al Ghul, let's go

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Retail

Popcom

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

The comics were the part where he wasn't laughing.

Selachian posted:

Rhymes with Orange

Don't put bread in the fridge unless you want stale bread.

F Minus

This is a fetish.

Mark Trail

Mary Worth

The Phantom

"Well sure! There I was, leaving to break Savarna out of jail, when I ran across Old Man Mozz and he said he had something to tell me, so I..."

Pooch Cafe

:lol:

Rex Morgan MD

Andertoons

Apartment 3-G

I do not like that she's drinking at all now that she knows she's pregnant. She doesn't even seem to have questioned the idea.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Into Ilves

Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

The Phantom's art has become terrifying

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

stop that

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

EasyEW posted:

Sally Forth

From Facebook:

Kid Fenris
Jan 22, 2004

If someone is reading this...
I must have failed.

Powered Descent posted:

Flash Gordon

Aura really needs to have a word with her palace door guards.

I suspect there's more to this guy than just being a jerk and a wastrel. Ming was a horrible tyrant, so it might not be a bad thing if he deemed someone an unworthy successor.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Julet Esqu posted:

Luann

No, you guys, you see?? Gunther is the one who is the bestest boyfriendiest boyfriend ever and Bets is the one who can't live without her horrible addiction to liking things she likes! See????*

YOU SEE GIRLS WITH THEIR OWN JOBS AND INTERESTS OUTSIDE OF YOU ARE A WASTE OF TIME

*Also she's been completely disconnected from social media and doing exclusively things he likes for a while now. He's the one who's dull as dogshit
"We should have stand-up sex in the shower again."

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Murdstone posted:

The Phantom

C'mon! Don't post edits as if they were the real thing.

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
We Are Reproducing moves into the Epilogue at the end of the first volume, and because the relative text-lightness allowed me to burn through translating it I’ll switch back to a couple pages a day to get through it.

Bardiche Hotel

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

Today's fantastic artist is Blevins, age 63.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Bad Machinery

Yvonmukluk fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Jan 19, 2024

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Probably different in every country, but when we had our kid here in Poland six months ago, they wouldn’t let anyone one with a newborn not in a toddler car seat. You couldn’t just walk out carrying the baby. On the other hand I just learned there’s a legal exemption for taxis here, so that you can travel with a toddler on your lap without a car seat.

Regardless, probably not wise to take the front seat.

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.

Yvonmukluk posted:

Bad Machinery

You already posted this one.

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...

Mokotow posted:

Probably different in every country, but when we had our kid here in Poland six months ago, they wouldn’t let anyone one with a newborn not in a toddler car seat. You couldn’t just walk out carrying the baby. On the other hand I just learned there’s a legal exemption for taxis here, so that you can travel with a toddler on your lap without a car seat.

Regardless, probably not wise to take the front seat.
For points like this it's important to remember that the comic was written 30 years ago! Laws have changed here in Japan as well.

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls

Mokotow posted:

Same here in the US. It was kinda awkward for me since I didn't own a car, and despite my apartment being within walking distance they wouldn't just let me walk out.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Hippocrass posted:

You already posted this one.

D'oh! I've fixed it.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Giant Ethicist posted:

For points like this it's important to remember that the comic was written 30 years ago! Laws have changed here in Japan as well.

Completely missed this. Crazy to think that toddler’s a grown-rear end man.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

I AM GRANDO posted:

Onion finally got the paperwork finished for his name change.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Pickles

Hagar the Horrible

Zits

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Heathcliff women are weirdly leggy.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

I purchased and read all of that Bets N Gun story, but you cannot compel me to read whatever this is.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Racists Are Like Cats I Guess Except They're Also Rabbits

Sometimes Brevity is the Soul of Wit

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Pogo 3/10-12/52

Archie 4/25-27/49

The Virtue of Vera Valiant 12/2-4/76

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
drat Flash Gordon is good. Is there a way to let the dude who does it know? Assuming it's one person and a dude.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

oh hey, look, it's the fake hippie on the run from the ex-cop

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Cowslips Warren posted:

drat Flash Gordon is good. Is there a way to let the dude who does it know? Assuming it's one person and a dude.

His website has a contact page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Scary Go Round (February 25-March 1, 2005)

:ohdear: