Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Rigged Death Trap posted:

turns out if you get big enough you just get the ability to breathe fire

Acid reflux isn't royalty, but it sure helps when fighting asperants of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

You know who saw it coming?

Jadis

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Diogines posted:

It is Whitechain and if not, Cio, but almost definitely Whitechain.

I will be quoting this in a week.
Well I was very confident, and I was confidently wrong!

Is White Chain doing Ki-Rata now? In the second to last panel you see a big exhale?

Diogines fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Jan 19, 2024

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Diogines posted:

Well I was very confident, and I was confidently wrong!

Is White Chain doing Ki-Rata now? In the second to last panel you see a big exhale?

It's just really cold and their breath is fogging up

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.
I don't know how it got in my head but:

"When I smashed the wheel, Allison, I spoke...just...like....THIS!"

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Elissimpark posted:

I don't know how it got in my head but:

"When I smashed the wheel, Allison, I spoke...just...like....THIS!"

Bearer of the word DIP and cop of the seven-part toonworld

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

FISH DEMIURGE FISH DEMIURGE FISH DEMIURGE FISH DEMIURGE

Cod of the Seven-Part World

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Elissimpark posted:

See, when Jadis saw the shape of the Wheel it was fish-shaped. She's not stuck in stasis or has been rendered inactive by her knowledge.

It just all the rest is boring compared to FISH.

Can't spell FISH without I

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

FISHING is proof of your SKILL

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

RBA Starblade posted:

You know who saw it coming?

Jadis

Alas, there's nothing she can do to help -- writing an omniscient character is what he does.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Not to diminish the effort put into this, because the art is ever amazing, but if I'm gonna be honest I think that reveal would've been better as a two-page spread if it was gonna be that spectacular (the whole Giant Worm Queen out the curtain, I mean). Partly because it is just an absolutely amazing piece, but also because the framing of it says "BEHOLD THIS WHOLE THING AND CENTER ON IT", especially taking place atop a theater stage that should enable a broad stage-wide shot perfectly, which is then a little diminished by the hard-cut to the other story arc on the same page. It could've used a page-turn to have both that big reveal to take it all in and then the surprise hard-cut.

Also just for theorycrafting; something to potentially consider with Gog's design is we may have seen something like it before...

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Zoss, seeing this: mmmmm maybe a few more resets

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Not to diminish the effort put into this, because the art is ever amazing, but if I'm gonna be honest I think that reveal would've been better as a two-page spread if it was gonna be that spectacular (the whole Giant Worm Queen out the curtain, I mean). Partly because it is just an absolutely amazing piece, but also because the framing of it says "BEHOLD THIS WHOLE THING AND CENTER ON IT", especially taking place atop a theater stage that should enable a broad stage-wide shot perfectly, which is then a little diminished by the hard-cut to the other story arc on the same page. It could've used a page-turn to have both that big reveal to take it all in and then the surprise hard-cut.

Also just for theorycrafting; something to potentially consider with Gog's design is we may have seen something like it before...

It's kind of fitting for Gog's entire deal, specifically, to have her big reveal undercut by being a single page that's half reveal and half a hard cut to Fish Problems

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.
I've got 99 problems but a FISH ain't one.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

gogs the fish, she says so herself

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

rannum posted:

Zoss, seeing this: mmmmm maybe a few more resets

maybe next time he'll get it right by making the fish the heir

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Mr. Lobe posted:

"It must suffice for now" is a pretty good comeback, all things considered

It's become increasingly clear lately that it's pretty much the entire comic's thesis statement.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

We can get way closer than just that. Gog seems to be crudely reversing the divine division, consolidating everything back into one effective form.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

Schwarzwald posted:

We can get way closer than just that. Gog seems to be crudely reversing the divine division, consolidating everything back into one effective form.

What happens when we get to the part where Yis and Un hosed for several eternities? That's a lot of jackin' the worm.

It's really impressive how much Operant has refined their technique over the decade he's been doing this comic, looking back to that early page. The line technique is just so much more... confident? I'm not an artist, but that's how it looks.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

It's neat the way the art change has ended up lining up with Allison's development. The early much looser style fits well with her general reaction of AAAAAH AAAAAH WHAT THE gently caress at Throne, like it's overwhelming her.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.
It's your pal Gog-Agog

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

habeasdorkus posted:

What happens when we get to the part where Yis and Un hosed for several eternities? That's a lot of jackin' the worm.

If Gog is doing division in reverse, then the Yis and Un simulacra would ungently caress.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Realized I should be reading this thread now that I'm caught up with the comic (as of months ago).

Also, the poll at the top of this page is missing the option "Your pal, Gog-Agog"

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

If Zoss reset the universe when Gog almost mantled the wheel I think this really explains why she plays the fool and jester. She knows if gets serious and tries to win at the universe it'll just be reset anyway so she's an embittered spectator along for the ride.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Yknow
Somehow I dont think the world devouring worm god is quite what zoss wanted or what the world needs.

Theres some thematic stuff here someone better than me can write about with Jagganoths extreme rejection of the self mirroring Gogs extreme obsession with the self.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
God forbid worms do anything

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

would you still let me master the wheel even if I was a worm?

standard.deviant
May 17, 2012

Globally Indigent

rannum posted:

It's kind of fitting for Gog's entire deal, specifically, to have her big reveal undercut by being a single page that's half reveal and half a hard cut to Fish Problems
Not empty quoting

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
Gog would know how to time her punchlines with possible outside of reality viewers, wouldn't she?

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Really good prospective thread title IMO

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Theres some thematic stuff here someone better than me can write about with Jagganoths extreme rejection of the self mirroring Gogs extreme obsession with the self.

Write it anyway ☺️

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

Buschmaki posted:

Write it anyway ☺️

What they said.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

The first cycle being forgotten is interesting. Is Gog Allison from that first cycle or something. Allison realized the whole "Even if everything is going to poo poo no one can tell me not to enjoy myself" thing and I could see Gog's mindset being an extreme/warped version of this.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I wonder if metatron remembers

Mr. Lobe fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Jan 21, 2024

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

So gog says she took on her current form to retain her memories after to many cycles, after realising that she's lost the beginning. So... what was her form in that first cycle, when she says she knows she won?

a computing pun
Jan 1, 2013
it was just a single worm

she gains 1 worm per cycle

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Probably a Dune style giga-worm

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

FuturePastNow posted:

Probably a Dune style giga-worm

Technically Leto II was made of a shitton of tiny sandtrout forming a giant worm shape anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Gog-emperor of Dune