Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

I'd kind of like a mod that lets you have Jaheira and Minsc/Boo from the beginning of the game. The problem I face is that by the point I get to them I've already got a pretty solid team worked out and have been progressing their relationships with my character so I don't want to swap them out. Same with Halsin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

That's the problem I have in most RPGs, I find it hard out to swap out my starting crew because I've already invested so much in them

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

22 Eargesplitten posted:

I'd kind of like a mod that lets you have Jaheira and Minsc/Boo from the beginning of the game. The problem I face is that by the point I get to them I've already got a pretty solid team worked out and have been progressing their relationships with my character so I don't want to swap them out. Same with Halsin.

I would absolutely die if someone modded this in and it turned out they had fully voiced dialogue responses to poo poo in act 1 and 2.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Jay Rust posted:

in my professional opinion, no. She looks too generic

Purple skin, horns and a tail in a jester's outfit is "too generic"?

Gatto Grigio
Feb 9, 2020

I wish BG3 had a Morale check system for foes like in the previous games. It always feels a bit absurd to me when every single combat has opponents that fight to the last man no matter how outnumbered or outgunned they are.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

grack posted:

For a bard? Yes. :colbert:

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
A lot of the game's drama is heightened by things going awry and any good story should have some heroes die or whatever, but it's so easy to just coast through on normal and tactician passing every dialogue check that I feel like the game loses something for a lot of people. In my run Shadowheart died pretty early in a fight I didn't stop because why would I. It felt good through the story finding all this poo poo and being like "that stupid egirl god botherer would have really liked this ah well let's go do what Laezel wants to do."

E: it's also a decision where you want everyone to see the content which is absolutely fair given game length and what it is, but I do think a bit is lost in an RPG adventure where fail states are emotionally interesting but rarely seen because everyone plays perfect hero and save scums, or more likely they simply press the right button for the outcome.

JBP fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Jan 19, 2024

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

grack posted:

Compared to the other companion who has a tail and a horn and a fantasy skin colour?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Popper the Businesslord should be the DLC new character.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy

Gatto Grigio posted:

I wish BG3 had a Morale check system for foes like in the previous games. It always feels a bit absurd to me when every single combat has opponents that fight to the last man no matter how outnumbered or outgunned they are.

agree, as a DM if my npcs have intelligence above about a 4 if they realize they're outmatched they try to run. everyone's too willing to fight to the death in bg3

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Poor Wyll. Destined to always get horns cause I can't not get Karlach.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

grack posted:

She has a generic tiefling face option rather than a bespoke face

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Shard posted:

See as I was playing I was like this makes sense. They fell back into their old patterns after the original pc died and ran back to their gods. Jaehira even calls them out on it

i could see it for viconia but not for sarevok. he was never really a bhaal worshipper, he just wanted power

Morrow
Oct 31, 2010
I know there is one major NPC who loses their clothing when you loot them, a feature otherwise confined to companions like Minthara, but I forget who that was. It might be Alfira?

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

Morrow posted:

I know there is one major NPC who loses their clothing when you loot them, a feature otherwise confined to companions like Minthara, but I forget who that was. It might be Alfira?

isn't it Marcus?

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013

AgentHaiTo posted:

When I first went to Act 3 and finally got the Lower City, I spent a bunch of time just flying and jumping between roofs. It makes you feel like Batman.

This made me want to play again thanks.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

cuntman.net posted:

i could see it for viconia but not for sarevok. he was never really a bhaal worshipper, he just wanted power

I took it as he was completly subsumed by his own dark urge. We see much the same with our character. And we're told that Durge is much further along than Gorion's Ward ever was in terms of connection to Bhaal. And when his brother was alive, Bhaal was dead. It's possible that after he returned he was able to force much more subservience from sarevok

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

agree, as a DM if my npcs have intelligence above about a 4 if they realize they're outmatched they try to run. everyone's too willing to fight to the death in bg3

This was literally just a bit in the latest episode of Dimension 20. They killed the boss and the DM kept adding more minions to the fight while the PCs lost their mind and kept asking the minions to stop fighting

Valtonen
May 13, 2014

Tanks still suck but you don't gotta hand it to the Axis either.
Another act 3 issue: a bunch of quests -looking at you, mystic carrion- have parts where the quest marker does not update, so even though you have read the clue where to go next the quest marker remains pointing at the wrong place. Some sort of “hey; we don’t know where this thing is so there is no quest marker for now” note in journal could be helpful at this point since a bunch of quests ALSO not updating quest location on map are bc there are still more info to find on the original location.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Professor Beetus posted:

I would absolutely die if someone modded this in and it turned out they had fully voiced dialogue responses to poo poo in act 1 and 2.
Mass Effect 2 had this because they had to split the recruitments to fit within the 360's DVD limit.

10 Beers posted:

Poor Wyll. Destined to always get horns cause I can't not get Karlach.
Wyll's a good dude who sees how he got played right away. I'm sure he's happier with Karlach than a smooth forehead.

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

"I don’t care if Biden beats Trump. I’m not offloading responsibility. If enough people feel similar to me, such as the large population of Muslim people in Dearborn, Michigan. Then he won’t"

Valtonen posted:

Another act 3 issue: a bunch of quests -looking at you, mystic carrion- have parts where the quest marker does not update, so even though you have read the clue where to go next the quest marker remains pointing at the wrong place. Some sort of “hey; we don’t know where this thing is so there is no quest marker for now” note in journal could be helpful at this point since a bunch of quests ALSO not updating quest location on map are bc there are still more info to find on the original location.

I never got the quest marker for this at all so from my perspective I broke into a random house and fought a Lich. Later, I would collect a lot of organs from around town with no idea what to do with them or why. Finally I break into a 2nd house and find a corpse reduced to a pile of visceral and a threatening note.

I also still have one of the Bhaal victims permanently flagged on my map, as well as the Fireworks Store. I think if I pick a fight in the fireworks store it will progress but I don’t really want to.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
"His Majesty gained Condition: Sleeping"

:cabot:

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Shard posted:

I took it as he was completly subsumed by his own dark urge. We see much the same with our character. And we're told that Durge is much further along than Gorion's Ward ever was in terms of connection to Bhaal. And when his brother was alive, Bhaal was dead. It's possible that after he returned he was able to force much more subservience from sarevok

my take is that if you go for the throne and fail, you get punished for your hubris by having to serve bhaal for eternity like a loser, which is also indicated by his ghost backup. and he eventually just decided to roll with it. idk though, theres a lot of extrapolation required either way and i dont really find any of the explanations all that satisfying

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Professor Beetus posted:

I think, personally, that Act 1 was the best in terms of environments and variety, especially if you count Grymforge/Mountain Pass/Creche. Act 2 has basically one environment, and a big temple dungeon. Act 3 has City, Suburb, and Underground, and it's massive but without the Upper City to contrast with Lower and Rivington, it kinda fell flat for me. The whole time I was in act 3 I just kept thinking "wow this place is a poo poo hole, people live here?" Average life expectancy in BG must be like 30.

Wow check out moneybags here let’s see where you live that’s so non poo poo holish

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

bird with big dick posted:

Wow check out moneybags here let’s see where you live that’s so non poo poo holish

The upper city, obviously.

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

Third playthrough, at Shar’s Gauntlet

for the first time ever, I did the thing of opening up Balthazar’s door when the ghost justiciars show up and then just doming him when he’s not looking. Incredibly loving satisfying to wipe his rear end out before getting to Dame Aylin

Morrow
Oct 31, 2010
For how on point the cinematic and voice acting is for that whole sequence, it's such a shame the best way to beat him is to gank him in a surprise round.

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

Morrow posted:

For how on point the cinematic and voice acting is for that whole sequence, it's such a shame the best way to beat him is to gank him in a surprise round.

In a fancy rear end necromancer and I stole the life essence of an angel and what’s an arcane lock

Medium talent

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Maybe he's way more frustrating on Tactician / Honour, but I always found Destroy Undead and a couple rounds of Counterspell did wonders.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
RANCID DONKEY'S SCROTUM

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

EorayMel posted:

RANCID DONKEY'S SCROTUM

I beg your pardon?

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

The Lord Bude posted:

I beg your pardon?

Oh it's fine when Tav, Dark Urge, Lae'zel, Shadowheart, Astarion, Wyll, Halsin, Jaheira, that one weird loser, Minthara and Minsc cast it, but suddenly we're restricted on what cantrips we can use on the forums?

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

Honor mode run is extremely normal, thanks for asking.

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Just lost my second solo honour run, this time to the Nere fight, because of the stupid glitch where Cull the Weak doesn't trigger on-kill effects. I had the choice of invisibility with my action or killing an enemy so my Durge cloak would give it to me, and I got the kill but Cull the Weak triggered and I didn't get my invisibility. The worst part is that it was a two arrow volley using bardic inspiration, so it's not like if the first hit hadn't triggered CtW I wouldn't have got the kill anyway.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
boo you can't revivify npcs

now i gotta save scum because jaheria wanted to kill z'rell so bad she decided hunger of hadar was no big deal

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Starting to think Monk might be pretty good.

https://i.imgur.com/AWDlshD.mp4

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

Important tip for Durge in act 3: make sure to fight the jungle dinosaurs in Slayer form cos it's totally badass

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Shumagorath posted:

Wyll's a good dude who sees how he got played right away. I'm sure he's happier with Karlach than a smooth forehead.

Just finished my first run and Blade of Avernus Wyll convinced Karlach to go back to Avernus at the end by promising to go with her and defend her from Zariel. There's a pretty rad cutscene where they light up cigars in hell before charging a bunch of imps.

In the epilogue, Karlach says they found a map to Zariel's forge on a cambion they killed, and plan to go and see if they can fix her engine once and for all so that she can leave Avernus permanently.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

It's very lol that all the character epilogues are like "yo I'm doing the DLC zone right now, it's awesome."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Dude, I have barely talked to you at all.