Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

Bohemian Nights posted:

Are 3d printers good enough now that I could get someone to print out a bunch of beakie heads for me, and not have my brain worms greatly disturbed by that weird jagged layering that most 3d printed stuff gets?

Buying the raven guard upgrade kit for the 2x corvus helmets inside, unsustainable in the long, middle and short run

Yeah, absolutely. A lot of the stuff you see from GW is 3d printed even.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Bohemian Nights posted:

Are 3d printers good enough now that I could get someone to print out a bunch of beakie heads for me, and not have my brain worms greatly disturbed by that weird jagged layering that most 3d printed stuff gets?

Buying the raven guard upgrade kit for the 2x corvus helmets inside, unsustainable in the long, middle and short run

I mean you could just check eBay because it's likely to be awash with MkVI helmets from Horus Heresy sprues. Or if there's anyone who plays it in your local area.

Or if you're actually playing Raven Guard, they do a resin MkVI upgrade kit for HH that's all-beakie, all the time.

Yvonmukluk fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Jan 19, 2024

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

KaptainKrunk posted:

Orks and Necrons got a ton of stuff recently.

2025 is the year of the dark eldar when we get 3 new units.

I am 100% sure one of the three new Deldar units is going to be Asdrubael Vect.

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

They need refreshes on a few kits. Nobz, Stormboyz, Burna Boyz / Tankbustas, Bikes, and maaaybe Meganobz (they've aged pretty well but the new megaboss in mega armor looks so much better). Also the current Grots kit is good but some new sculpts to add to the mix would not be remiss.

Sadly I feel like Stormboyz will never get a refresh for obvious reasons....

because their sculpts are already rad nuff.

rain dogs
Apr 19, 2020

A new Kaptin Badrukk would be great too. The old one is fine cast, an ugly model, and also not in stores.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

AndyElusive posted:

Sadly I feel like Stormboyz will never get a refresh for obvious reasons.

people keep saying thing about units or factions over and over again and keep getting proven wrong

edit:

AndyElusive posted:

because their sculpts are already rad nuff.

D'OH

srypher
Jun 3, 2011

Really?
Kaptin Badrukk could use a new kit, his rules are really strong but it's an out of print finecast model. Generic warboss could use a new kit or reprint too

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
I'm preordering that Krrot box. The rules could be absolute dogshit, I don't care. beak boyz assemble.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
Well Reddit is melting down because apparently the codex got leaked:
"Summary of major changes
Only two detachments, DW and RW.
16 units, not 20.
DW command squad, talon master, and strike master are gone
Sweeping nerfs to units
the lion is now D1 sweep and no -1D at 365 points)
inner circle companions 105 for 3 and seem extremely meh
knights are capped at 5 in a squad.mace is D2 and sword is d1
DW termis lost thunder hammer and storm shield, lightning claws, etc
Vengeance is now d1"

I have a friend who plays DA so I hope this is mostly hysteria and they're fine. And points can always be adjusted later.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
after literally 20 years of 40k as a DA primary

lol

lmfao.

TehRedWheelbarrow fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Jan 19, 2024

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Also the current Grots kit is good but some new sculpts to add to the mix would not be remiss.

James better be working on a Grot Revolushun Kill Team or else

Lostconfused posted:

A bit out of order looks like

But they teased new Ork and Custode models along with the Kroot one, so their codices are coming pretty close together as listed on the roadmap.

Last edition Orks got a big range update where the army box released in July, the full release was September, and GK/TS codexes landed between in August. This time could be similar with Kroot > Orks & Custodes > Tau

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
I hope Ravenwing is at least ok because is the only chance for White Scars players to use a legit bike detachment.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Inner Circle Companions are shown as five models in the reveal vid and have at least that many sculpts in the reveal article. That would strongly point to them being a box of five and GW's recent policy of 'one box=one min size unit' would make a min unit size of 3 nonsensical. That alone is enough to dump a mountain of salt on those rumors.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

AnEdgelord posted:

Inner Circle Companions are shown as five models in the reveal vid and have at least that many sculpts in the reveal article. That would strongly point to them being a box of five and GW's recent policy of 'one box=one min size unit' would make a min unit size of 3 nonsensical. That alone is enough to dump a mountain of salt on those rumors.

Get your salt ready

https://www.reddit.com/r/theunforgiven/comments/19artz3/datasheets/

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Did DW Terminators w/ hammers and storm shields or w/ lightning claws get the "relic weapon" treatment?

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

weird but I guess I got the box size wrong

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

AndyElusive posted:

Did DW Terminators w/ hammers and storm shields or w/ lightning claws get the "relic weapon" treatment?

Looks like, wild how many sculpts are getting retired lately

Also nobody pointed out that Kroothounds are gonna get plastic models before Warp Spiders, which is funny to me anyway

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
thinking about the rules a bit more now that we know they are real and I have to say that anyone complaining about "only" getting two detachments in the book is kidding themselves, being a special snowflake chapter gives you access to the base SM detachments PLUS your super special snowflake one(s), that alone gives you access to more detachments than any other army in the game

just the other day I was trying to think of what a second detachment could even look like for my BT and was coming up blank and I can't imagine it will be any easier for SW, BA or DW, at least DA had the 'wings' to pull from

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

AndyElusive posted:

Are there any big holes in the Ork range they need to fill up?

What's the Space Ork equiv of the Warp Spider model?

Tankbusters for sure would be my first pick. Cute little resin models but they are trash for wysiwyg and kind of just trash anyway lol. I’d also love new bikes.

AndyElusive posted:

No, they’re still listed as weapons.

Captain Magic fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Jan 20, 2024

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
Double post

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

AndyElusive posted:

tankbusters are finecast, gretchin are plastic but date back to gorkamorka

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
GW does seem to be slowly making an effort to replace the many 20+ year old models. Even the omes that still have good sculpts can use an update, if only for the sprue layout.

darnon
Nov 8, 2009

Captain Magic posted:

Tankbusters for sure would be my first pick. Cute little resin models but they are trash for wysiwyg and kind of just trash anyway lol. I’d also love new bikes.

No, they’re still listed as weapons.

Well, for Assault Terminators at least. Deathwing Terminators lost the options entirely.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

darnon posted:

Well, for Assault Terminators at least. Deathwing Terminators lost the options entirely.

wait just a loving minute here, don't DA still have access to Assault Terminators through the SM codex? and according to the reddit leaks on the DA subreddit ALL SM terminators gain the Deathwing keyword

so is the only reason theres even a Deathwing Terminator entry in the DA codex to add the Plasma Cannon weapon option just like the Multi-Melta on BT vehicles? if so they haven't lost a single thing and that part of the leaks is all a huge misunderstanding

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

AnEdgelord posted:

wait just a loving minute here, don't DA still have access to Assault Terminators through the SM codex? and according to the reddit leaks on the DA subreddit ALL SM terminators gain the Deathwing keyword

so is the only reason theres even a Deathwing Terminator entry in the DA codex to add the Plasma Cannon weapon option just like the Multi-Melta on BT vehicles? if so they haven't lost a single thing and that part of the leaks is all a huge misunderstanding

Yeah that's correct, the main result is no more mixed weapons. The DW terminator datasheet also gets a once per game FNP ability against mortal wounds, but you'd probably prefer to have the assault terminator battleshock abillity most of the time instead.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

AnEdgelord posted:

Deathwing Terminators were effectively a unit that allowed you to pick and mix any of the parts of the Terminator and Assault Terminator squads plus take the Plasma Cannon as an alternative heavy weapon. It meant that you could have a few Thunder Hammer/Storm Shield Terminators mixed in with a dude with a Chainfist and Plasma cannon along with a few dual lightning claws if you felt like it.

I think one of the things you could do previously that was unique to Dark Angels was have a dude with a Cyclone Missile Launcher and Lightning Claws which while funny I don't know that it was good but that was removed with 10th anyway.

darnon
Nov 8, 2009
I think the Deathwing Terminator change is on the lesser end. Losing the command squad + strikemaster who were more universally used, the knights changes (-1 dmg, 25% point increase, and only 5 man unit), Lion el'Johnson changes, and the new Inner Circle Champions being somewhat underwhelming compared to bladeguard are mostly the factors riling up reddit.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
ok so the options are still there but they can't be mixed that makes a little more sense, I have a feeling that partially is because of Assault Terminators not having their new kit yet (yet another reason it was really dumb for GW to skip over a new generic Assault Terminator kit for everyone)

poop chute
Nov 16, 2023

by Athanatos

Stephenls posted:

Five units and they said this is "about half" of the new Kroot units they're releasing. So... probably four more? None of these are the big lizard rider they showed in silhouette, and the hounds are also missing.

...would all that plus the kill team make Kroot more supported as an army than the Leagues of Voltann?

(GW I forgive you for not doing a Vespid kill team with this release I guess.)

They're already as supported as World Eaters.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice
Having read the leaks and skimming the marine codex, I don't see anything preventing DA from bringing a generic terminator captain along this edition. I'd assume that wouldn't be possible because Belial exists, but can we just pretend he went back to his home planet and use the basic datasheet to get free strats instead?

AnEdgelord posted:

ok so the options are still there but they can't be mixed that makes a little more sense, I have a feeling that partially is because of Assault Terminators not having their new kit yet (yet another reason it was really dumb for GW to skip over a new generic Assault Terminator kit for everyone)

I'm sure that's in the pipeline for another product range, like Kill Team, Space Hulk, or the BA supplement.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Wonder if the new codex has any considerations made for the upcoming regular balance changes or vice versa, and maybe things will look a bit different after those are revealed.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Considering most of them are written a year or so before launch, probably not.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
Huh, the killa kans only have one rocket launcher on the sprue...

Well good thing I have a bunch of kombi-weapon rockets. Gonna turn the skorcha and grotzooka into rocket Launchers.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Right, my LGS didn't get enough allocation and I might have to preorder the Deathwing box with GW, what am I going to have to do for a chance? The queue system is already activated on the store, so I think I just want to get into it a bit before 10 am with the aim of being allowed it around launch time?

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

BizarroAzrael posted:

Right, my LGS didn't get enough allocation and I might have to preorder the Deathwing box with GW, what am I going to have to do for a chance? The queue system is already activated on the store, so I think I just want to get into it a bit before 10 am with the aim of being allowed it around launch time?

I might give CMO games a look at around midnight, or in the morning before GW pre-orders go live. I have had good luck with them in the past.

https://www.cmogames.com/preorders/dark-angels-army-box-and-tyranids-psychophage-preorders-for-february-3rd/

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

AndyElusive posted:

Weirdboy, Big Mek with KFF, and Tankbustas are are old metal/resin scuplts. Assuming they keep them, they could all use new models.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

well

xtothez posted:

Sadly not; it's definitely some kind of mek character. You can see in this gif it has a wrench in one hand, mek icon banner pole, an extra grabby army like a techmarine, and what could be a KFF backpack. Plus a handheld traktor kannon & some extra dakka on his shoulder.

https://i.imgur.com/3fwWyZb.mp4

I'd guess this is to replace the finecast big mek model

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!

AnEdgelord posted:

just the other day I was trying to think of what a second detachment could even look like for my BT and was coming up blank and I can't imagine it will be any easier for SW, BA or DW, at least DA had the 'wings' to pull from

You know, you have a point. What would you do for a second BT detachment ability? Anything that isn't covered by the already high utility BT detachment is covered by the vanilla detachments.

I'm just glad that it seems GW is continuing to allow oddball Marine chapters to use Vanilla detachments. It let's me run psykers alongside Black Templar units for my Lions.

FiendishThingy
Sep 7, 2003

IncredibleIgloo posted:

I might give CMO games a look at around midnight, or in the morning before GW pre-orders go live. I have had good luck with them in the past.

https://www.cmogames.com/preorders/dark-angels-army-box-and-tyranids-psychophage-preorders-for-february-3rd/

Looks like they sold 70 of them in about 5 minutes.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
the only DA units I genuinely want are asmodai and the lion, so if the codex for them is bad I can simply get the datasheets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice
Since that was shown there has been a tidbit from our favourite 40k rumour guy:

"Orks: The teased silhouette is a Mekboy in a Meksuit thats the same size as a Redemptor Dreadnought and will come in a boxset: new Mekboy, 20 Boyz, Stompa (yes that Stompa)"

Presumably that boxed set is limited & temporary like the AOS character ones.