Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Belicheck wisely getting immersed in the local culture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Probably an old picture but I look forward to Bill discovering Soul Food anyway.

Suddenly there's more to life than Boston

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
Now the Falcons are interviewing Joe Brady?
Dirty Birds...

he's been an oc half a year ffs

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

anybody know what's with this frog guy. #ucla

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Diabetes physique.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

pasaluki posted:

Now the Falcons are interviewing Joe Brady?
Dirty Birds...

he's been an oc half a year ffs

He was OC for a year and a half for the doomed Matt Rhule Panthers.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

thats a good chik fil a

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

Kalli posted:

Every Falcons defensive player just high fiving everyone in sight while the offensive players look like they're just about to exit a landing craft onto Normandy.

No one who was on Peachtree Beach will ever forget that day :patriot:

There's some thinly sourced article floating around about Belicheck bringing a rogues' gallery of former assistants with him (Patricia/McDaniels/Judge) which if true will lead to me jumping out a window

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Has Sirianni even fired Patricia yet? For all we know he'll stay the Eagles DC next season, surely to the delight of Eagles fans.

Marklar
Jul 24, 2003

Ball is Love
Ball is Life

Old photo but still a good one.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

YOLOsubmarine posted:

He was OC for a year and a half for the doomed Matt Rhule Panthers.

Exactly he's terrible! He's got Josh Allen who anyone should be able to succeed with, and he's leading the league in INTERCEPTIONS. Joe Bust

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Marklar posted:

Old photo but still a good one.

I was gonna say, the man looks good for 71

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Mega64 posted:

Has Sirianni even fired Patricia yet? For all we know he'll stay the Eagles DC next season, surely to the delight of Eagles fans.

Patricia is not technically the DC. Desai is. So he could leave for a promotion.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://x.com/TomPelissero/status/1748484722487972130?s=20

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Am I crazy for thinking the Falcons would be morons to hire Bill over Jim if he's actually serious?

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

kiimo posted:

Am I crazy for thinking the Falcons would be morons to hire Bill over Jim if he's actually serious?

Definitely not crazy.

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

Please get us crazy Jim

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

sexy tiger boobs posted:

Please get us crazy Jim

My name is also Jim so this works well

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
https://twitter.com/JosinaAnderson/status/1748012677186662553?t=HurIK_r00-KewkvOJrYpmA&s=19

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

kiimo posted:

As a chargers fan, no

e: hell ya

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

RG3ESPN posted:

ALRIGHT real talk.. So BB goes to the Falcons. Sure..

Everyone says they just need aa QB...

So who is the loving QB the Falcons grab???

Ryan Tannehill

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Big fan of this style of reporting. A done deal barring a future development!

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Didn't she say that about a couple coaching interviews that haven't panned out

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
That tweet is also from yesterday morning

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

kiimo posted:

I mean the dude who has at most 4 years left in him is definitely the worse hire of those two before even getting into coaching styles and fits.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Jason Garrett was an interim coach and stuck around for a decade

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

The Romeo Crennel interim period was good. The actual run ended with Jevon Belcher...

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Jason Garrett was an interim coach and stuck around for a decade

Wasn't he basically the heir apparent?

And I think the Pierce hire makes sense. He did basically as good of a job as any interim possibly could, so if anyone in that position gets to keep the job it should be him.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
AP is a cool guy and I think he's going to do good things in the future. The hardest part will be figuring out the QB position because I really don't think that AOC is ever going to be that guy.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I think sitting out this coaching cycle because you have a interim coach that some of the players liked over a few meaningless games is probably not destined to turn out well. There are a lot of sure things that they are passing up on.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Not sure anything is a sure thing. The Raiders were a very well coached team the second half of the season. Dumping that for the hot name is how you end up with Jon Gruden.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Sataere posted:

Not sure anything is a sure thing. The Raiders were a very well coached team the second half of the season. Dumping that for the hot name is how you end up with Jon Gruden.

I wouldn't say "very well coached" they beat a few lovely teams, one good win against the chiefs. and also lost 3-0 to the mediocre vikings. I don't think anything happened during that time to make me think he's for sure a good coach other than that it seems like the vet players on team like him.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

mcmagic posted:

I wouldn't say "very well coached" they beat a few lovely teams, one good win against the chiefs. and also lost 3-0 to the mediocre vikings. I don't think anything happened during that time to make me think he's for sure a good coach other than that it seems like the vet players on team like him.

To add to this, vet players liking a coach is completely meaningless. Please refer to the NFLPA survey this season, showing all the Cowboys coaches were voted in the top 5.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

mcmagic posted:

The defense became a top 10 unit once he took over so he either had input with Graham or he cut any restrictions McDaniels put on him. This is the first time the Raiders have had a top 10 defense in over 20 years, mostly we're in the bottom quarter of the league at best.

He also clearly coached them well because it's the first time in NFL history that the Raiders were the least penalized team in a season.

The team finished above .500 during AP's interim period and they played hard as poo poo every single game, always keeping things close enough. They beat the poo poo out of a broken Chargers team so badly that their coach was fired the next day (you're welcome SA2K) and they took away any chance of the #1 seed for KC by beating the Chiefs in Arrowhead on Christmas Day with TAYLOR SWIFT in attendance.

The entire locker room and team culture also changed overnight and team morale went through the loving roof even after tough losses.

These are all awesome things that show signs of someone possibly being a good coach.

Your team being such a goddamn joke has rotted your brain and you don't know what team progress even looks like anymore. Condolences

Also, unless it's a retread hire, there's absolutely no way to tell if a guy will be a good head coach or not. Saying "I haven't seen anything that tells me he'll be a good head coach" says absolutely nothing.

Black Sunshine fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Jan 20, 2024

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
given that they’re still paying the splash-hire coach that they fired before the other splash-hire coach tens of millions of dollars over the next few years, sure, yeah, go with the in-house guy that players actually like. no one’s making ispiercegoneyet.com

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Beat the Chiefs in Arrowhead on Christmas is too wordy for a banner unfortunately

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Pron on VHS posted:

Beat the Chiefs in Arrowhead on Christmas is too wordy for a banner unfortunately

It might make a good tattoo

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Black Sunshine posted:

The defense became a top 10 unit once he took over so he either had input with Graham or he cut any restrictions McDaniels put on him. This is the first time the Raiders have had a top 10 defense in over 20 years, mostly we're in the bottom quarter of the league at best.

He also clearly coached them well because it's the first time in NFL history that the Raiders were the least penalized team in a season.

The team finished above .500 during AP's interim period and they played hard as poo poo every single game, always keeping things close enough. They beat the poo poo out of a broken Chargers team so badly that their coach was fired the next day (you're welcome SA2K) and they took away any chance of the #1 seed for KC by beating the Chiefs in Arrowhead on Christmas Day with TAYLOR SWIFT in attendance.

The entire locker room and team culture also changed overnight and team morale went through the loving roof even after tough losses.

These are all awesome things that show signs of someone possibly being a good coach.

Your team being such a goddamn joke has rotted your brain and you don't know what team progress even looks like anymore. Condolences

Also, unless it's a retread hire, there's absolutely no way to tell if a guy will be a good head coach or not. Saying "I haven't seen anything that tells me he'll be a good head coach" says absolutely nothing.

It's funny for you to say this because making decisions going forward based on meaningless games antthe end of the season that are played after your season is already over is like the most Jets poo poo that ever Jetsed. I can guarantee you that there is no carryover.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

Ironic Twist posted:

given that they’re still paying the splash-hire coach that they fired before the other splash-hire coach tens of millions of dollars over the next few years, sure, yeah, go with the in-house guy that players actually like. no one’s making ispiercegoneyet.com

Gruden resigned. They aren't still paying him. I'm not sure why people keep repeating this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
well in that case they should make him the next HC, he seems like the exact opposite of McDaniels’s “analytics-first” approach