Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
the In Mammorium segment was very touching

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Glenn Danzig is so loving dumb it's hilarious.

I used to think he was so cool when I was 12. I grew out of it, but he never changed. :laffo:

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Mike “The Chug” Stoklasa posted:

Why set it down if I’m just gonna pick it back up again, right?

Dr. Thoss
Aug 22, 2011

i am a doctor. my name is thoss.
SOMEHOW, FRIDAY HAS RETURNED

starting 8 est on the discord

1. The Wild Hunt

a dude crashes a larp to win back his girlfriend in what i assume will be a quirky, heart-warming romcom.

2. Santo vs Doctor Death

santo goes to madrid to fight art thieves

3. Verotika

i cant remember if i've played this before on a friday so gently caress it

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
if you only watch one movie about larping in the woods in quebec, make it the wild hunt

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Glenn Danzig is so loving dumb it's hilarious.

I used to think he was so cool when I was 12. I grew out of it, but he never changed. :laffo:

When I was trying to explain Glenn Danzig to someone who'd never really heard of him this is basically what I landed on lol

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

rear end in a top hat Fever

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

the static age album by the misfits is good. only thing other than motheeeerrr that glenn has created that i like.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
He's no Dio

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
i aint no goddamn son of a bitch
you better think about it baby

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

danzig was fun on aqua teen

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

lol hell yeah, clowning on Danzig is some of my favorite content

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Ayo Edebiri is definitely my favourite comedic actor these days, I just saw she has a letterboxd account and her short reviews just crack me up. She is a definite poster.

https://letterboxd.com/fumilayo/

stillvisions
Oct 15, 2014

I really should have come up with something better before spending five bucks on this.

Okay, the audio in that movie has to be a fuckup, right? Like they literally forgot to render with the music channel missing and printed the DVD sight unseen, or they routed it to speakers 7 and 8 on an 8.1 system.

Only other scenario I could think of is the movie was budgeted $X for music, Danzig said "sure, I'll do it" and just pocketed the cash.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
danzig pocketing his own cash would be a danzig thing to do

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Jay's re-edit of that scene, disgusting modern filmmaking with so many cuts. Editors now just don't know how to let a scene breathe and build tension like back in the old days. Props to Danzig for sticking the fundamentals of good filmmaking and not being frenetic and ADHD.

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

Was Danzig's peanut brain so small that he left out the music because he wanted to distance himself from his music career? Serious movies just have wind sounds and gunshots during the opening credits.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Could the bluray just be the wrong file? Like they sent the project file with most of the audio layers muted to the printer?

Like The Cummy trailer?

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

I think he just doesn't know what he's doing

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

I think he just doesn't know what he's doing

but he has to have seen a movie before

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Sunk Dunk posted:

but he has to have seen a movie before

Not a talkie, apparently

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

imagine your grandfather trying to edit a movie on a macbook

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Lol

quote:

Star Trek creator Gene Rodenberry and science fiction legend Arthur C. Clarke's ashes were on board a private US lunar lander that, after a failed moonshot, re-entered Earth's atmosphere on Friday and burned-up on the way down. The intention had been to leave the ashes, among those from around 70 individuals including actors James Doohan (aka Scotty) and Nichelle Nichols (Uhura), on the moon's surface following a successful landing. Rodenberry's ashes have previously been a part of other space missions.

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

Its either a mistake or somebody played Danzig an unfinished mix and he thought it sounded different and cool and nobody could talk him out of it

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.
Jay's re edit is really really bad lol

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN
The worst season of Reno 911 has Weird Al as Ted Nugent and did absolutely nothing with it.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

lmao these companies are so loving incompetent

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

watched american fiction at the alamo

won me over by the end. pretty bold to intentionally make a meta message movie. I'm choosing to interpret the cliche plot tropes and the you-can-feel-the-screenwriter-patting-themselves-on-the-back dialogue as intentional choices, given the nature of the film. the fact that it was based on a 2001 book is very obvious given its thematic stance—The Boondocks comes to mind as something which the film could be both talking inspiration from, and critiquing. I'd love to see Aaron McGruder's reaction to this.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

lmao

it also took me way too long to realize that willian shatner wasnt on that lander

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Kingo Ligma posted:

While it wasn’t good, it was the first time I realized there were two different vampires chowing down on two different prostitutes. In the OG edit, I thought it was all Fred Armisan (didn’t notice one had a hat and the other didn’t).

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Kingo Ligma posted:

It is bad but it at least communicates what's going on a lot better. I think that was the point, to be like, "this is what it would be like if someone who knew what a movie was made this movie"

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Honestly when I die I would think it would be pretty rad if people tried shooting my ashes around the solar system. Even if the attempts mostly blew up on the launchpad. gently caress it I’m already dead!

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

Gripweed posted:

It is bad but it at least communicates what's going on a lot better. I think that was the point, to be like, "this is what it would be like if someone who knew what a movie was made this movie"

Yeah, Jay literally said he whipped it together in 20 minutes to show how even the most minimal effort would have elevated the movie.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

lol

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

why does this include a picture of Sigourney Weaver

billymumphrey
Mar 2, 2022
Glen is just playing 4d chess with you all.

You'll all look pretty silly when he releases the Danzig cut!

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.
I'm waiting for Jerry Only's significantly better Original Verotika tm

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

I imagine "hacking" Danzig is just trying variations of "demonsweat," "lucifuge," and "666," until you find the right order.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

what jay failed to mention is that if the movie had been edited like jay did it, it would only be a 25 minute film. danzig is the first to come up with padding his movie to fit runtime. dude is insanely talented

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
rich evans shits himself in national parks