Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

Fun episode to watch!

Did not expect the sword friend to just look like Migi lol

edit:

RuBisCO fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Jan 18, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NuclearWinterUK
Jan 13, 2007

Yes, I am very well
Episode 3: so many perfect Marcille faces

Odysseus S. Grant
Oct 12, 2011

Cats is the oldest and strongest emotion
of mankind
Every Marcille face is perfect, because she herself is.

NuclearWinterUK
Jan 13, 2007

Yes, I am very well

Odysseus S. Grant posted:

Every Marcille face is perfect, because she herself is.

True, you make a good point.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
"If it's alive, we can kill it and if we can kill it, we can eat it."
Solid chain of logic there.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

him powering up realizing this thing is edible after all is a hilarious gag

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.
Liaos is the logical evolution of a Dark Souls fan and I love him. Speaking of Dark Souls the Dominant colony suit is totally a nod to Ornstien, right? Lion face, brass colour with red ribbony bits is in that shoutout range.

The art was great as well, both in animation and drawings. It wasn't Studio Trigger going ham in terms of action like rumours were suggesting but the action was great and it had the soft but dynamic drawings that really characterise Trigger.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
Good to see the Senshi panty shots from the manga getting their due.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

i felt so bad for armor mollusk realizing his helmet buddy was dead

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Angry Diplomat posted:

Good to see the Senshi panty shots from the manga getting their due.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
That was definitely the most Trigger episode so far. Laios, you've got a one track mind, but it's one weird track.

Surprisingly some of the better suits of armour I've seen in anime. I don't know what it is but a lot of times when I see full plate in animated form it doesn't look right, like it's got some weird texture over it. These suits looked great.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

RuBisCO posted:

Fun episode to watch!

Did not expect the sword friend to just look like Migi lol

edit:

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
Laios can defeat any foe but cannot defeat the vore allegations

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Some fantastic animation this episode.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Been loving the show but this week's was the trigger goodness I was craving

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
laios to the dungeon monsters: "foolish beasts. you cannot begin to fathom how much of a loving weirdo i am"

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
The episode was trigger as hell while still being true to the spirit of the manga. Love this.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

Oxxidation posted:

laios to the dungeon monsters: "foolish beasts. you cannot begin to fathom how much of a loving weirdo i am"

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Lol I didn't notice Laios inserted himself into the Sexy Mollusc Fantasy.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Of course he did, he's a gigantic weirdo for monsters, he wants to know everything about them, especially how they taste.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Laois being a "im not trapped in this dungeon with you, you're trapped in here with me" but for eating all the monsters is such a great well of power. APEX PREDATOR LAOIS.

The virgin dungeon explorer encounters a giant crab and only sees impenetrable chitin and claws that can crack steel mail
the chad laois sees a walking Louisiana seafood boil

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Marcille has very expressive ears.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
If you ever looked at some food and wondered how the hell did humans discover you can eat that, "someone like Laios" is the most likely answer. :v:

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Lt. Lizard posted:

If you ever looked at some food and wondered how the hell did humans discover you can eat that, "someone like Laios" is the most likely answer. :v:

Someone like Laios to ask if it was possible and someone like Senshi to make it in a way that tastes good.

Hiveminded
Aug 26, 2014
Really good episode. Composition and animation of the armours was something exceptional. if all the action-intensive episodes are animated like this, in that very Trigger style, I think it'll shape up to be an excellent adaptation.
also

Oxxidation posted:

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Laios was gonna just eat straight up leather buckles

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

The first two episodes I found cute but didn't really grab me, was mostly watching to see new ways in which Marcille would lose her mind.

This episode was great, loved it completely.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

The beginning chapters of the manga always seemed to me that Ryoko was just joking around at first. She uses very gamified terms that you see in isekais, like the world is just a game, (the group is just a "party" and new people are Noobs) Then every chapter she gets more and more into it, expanding lore and characters and its just great.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
She has a few one shots that were built around grounding role playing scenarios. Dungeon meshi was actually another one in this line before it got serialized. I think its more she just wanted to hook people with a simple premise before expanding it out, based on how her previous one shots played out.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Hihohe posted:

It's made of cow!!!

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I like how Laios is actually incredibly intelligent, he just pours every bit of that intellect into his weird monster fetish.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Between INT, WIS and CHA, Laios has one stat exceedingly high and one as a complete dump stat. I just can't tell which ones specifically.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I'd say a high INT, for the sheer range of monster knowledge, dump stat WIS, for the social awareness of a soup can, and at least moderate CHA because nobody has strangled him yet.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

YggiDee posted:

I'd say a high INT, for the sheer range of monster knowledge, dump stat WIS, for the social awareness of a soup can, and at least moderate CHA because nobody has strangled him yet.

they might have! he has anti-strangulation armor!

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Bashed my head against Gimp for a bit to make this. Probably could have been better but screw it, I am not letting my dreams be dreams.

That said, there go my gang tags :(

EDIT: Also I liked that the mollusks only ended up okay at best, other than Laios who probably was more on the high of a new creature to eat.

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Jan 20, 2024

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Hihohe posted:

I think its even funnier that senshi knew they would be too tough, as if hes tried before

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Waffleman_ posted:

It's made of cow!!!

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Arc Hammer posted:

Lol I didn't notice Laios inserted himself into the Sexy Mollusc Fantasy.

thought i wouldn't be joining the DM av trend, but when inspiration strikes,

e:

Unlucky7 posted:

That said, there go my gang tags :(
if you want em back i'll queue them for you tho i can't go back and see what ones they were

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

symbolic posted:

thought i wouldn't be joining the DM av trend, but when inspiration strikes,

e:

if you want em back i'll queue them for you tho i can't go back and see what ones they were

I think I had the Streets of Rage "Only Trust your fists, Police will never help you" tags

EDIT: Actually, it may have only been the first one.

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Jan 20, 2024