Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Do the camera men have to join in on the beat down if the guys get tossed their way?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

:cripes:

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

Yeah, YOU'RE FIRED was the only actually entertaining part of any of... whatever this garbage is

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Can they both lose?

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

Man Jado can barely even even slap the mat he's so immobile

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

So I just joined the conversation and from the sound of the posts it's the main event?

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
There is a woman legitimately screaming by the crowd mic

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

ChrisBTY posted:

So I just joined the conversation and from the sound of the posts it's the main event?

Actually no, the main event got cancelled. This is the consolation match they're putting on so they won't be forced to give any refunds

Sooper Gila
Apr 23, 2014

Love
Peace
and Harmony

fez_machine posted:

try firefox

when I got that it fixed it for me

Thank you kindly, that worked a charm.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Ffs

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
For a second I thought Red Shoes wasn't going to count and we were going ot have a heel ref making this even worse.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Cool :geno:

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
what's the point

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

That was throughly expected but jesus did it loving go forever

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

I'm fired

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
drat.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Like the rake scene in the Simpson's I'm sorry lads but the absurd amount of cheating hot do actually make them funny and good

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

I am so bored. We have had years of this loving poo poo. It's always the loving same.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Ren wearing some semi-rare LeBrons.

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

Burn Down Canberra posted:

Like the rake scene in the Simpson's I'm sorry lads but the absurd amount of cheating hot do actually make them funny and good

See, I could accept this if it wasn't the exact same tired sequence every single match, and if it didn't need absolutely everyone around them to be the dumbest bricks in human history to be even remotely plausible

They could be so much funnier and better, and it would be so easy. But it's just... bad.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
this type of overbooked match if it was once a year in NJPW would have ruled

but sigh the heat is diluted

you're not hearing near enough boos for all that effort

Sooper Gila
Apr 23, 2014

Love
Peace
and Harmony
so... uh..

uh..

I was thinking. What if they made another faction just like house of torture in execution, I mean totally different character gimmicks but do all the same Vince Russo stuff, and just have them feud against each other? So all this type of stuff could be contained like in a virtual isolation wing to itself on the card, as opposed to making babyfaces and refs look like utter morons for imagining that there's going to be a fair match this many years into the gimmick.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Tama was hit and miss for me over the years (more hits than misses in recent years) but this is really sweet :unsmith:

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Sooper Gila posted:

so... uh..

uh..

I was thinking. What if they made another faction just like house of torture in execution, I mean totally different character gimmicks but do all the same Vince Russo stuff, and just have them feud against each other? So all this type of stuff could be contained like in a virtual isolation wing to itself on the card, as opposed to making babyfaces and refs look like utter morons for imagining that there's going to be a fair match this many years into the gimmick.

On board with this and I'll go further. They have their own shows for this and we don't film them.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Lamuella posted:

On board with this and I'll go further. They have their own shows for this and we don't film them.

NJPW: Souled Out

Sooper Gila
Apr 23, 2014

Love
Peace
and Harmony

Jerusalem posted:

Tama was hit and miss for me over the years (more hits than misses in recent years) but this is really sweet :unsmith:

yeah I'm gonna miss him all things considered. Also wanna note the original GoD theme was the best entrance music of it's time.

Taffy Torpedo
Feb 2, 2008

...Can we have the radio?
I'm (relatively) ok with EVIL/HoT making GBS threads up the NEVER title picture instead of the World.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Aesculus posted:

See, I could accept this if it wasn't the exact same tired sequence every single match, and if it didn't need absolutely everyone around them to be the dumbest bricks in human history to be even remotely plausible

They could be so much funnier and better, and it would be so easy. But it's just... bad.

The reality is that a certain type of fan just doesn't want cheating in njpw

But hot are just an absurd act. They will cheat to their own detriment. During last years bosj evil was in kayfabe following sho around Japan to cheat while not even booked.

Now I do agree it shouldn't be in the iwgp title scene and it hurt sanada but here it's just ridiculous. Almost a parody of wrestling heels

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Jerusalem posted:

He seems nice but just so bland

Which WK was it with the GOD match with the absolutely insane amount of swearing in it?

That's pretty much the only memorable match I can think of

Taffy Torpedo
Feb 2, 2008

...Can we have the radio?
i enjoyed Good Guy Tama Tonga, he shoulda kept that going

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Skarsnik posted:

He seems nice but just so bland

Which WK was it with the GOD match with the absolutely insane amount of swearing in it?

That's pretty much the only memorable match I can think of

The thing with Tama is that as a babyface rather like hot with heels he felt to me an almost parody of the US wrestling face. Even in tonight's match while evil comically begged off and tama waggled his finger at him like hogan.

It felt almost insincere where I can accept that from goofball heels it's harder with a face.

Shota is sickeningly wholesome but he's also extremely earnest about it. So I believe in him. Tama I just didn't

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I find HoT antics to be funny more often than not, I think at least with this one knowing that it was Tama's last single sort of took the stakes out of it enough for it to not be absurd enough to be funny. It was just waiting for whatever blow finally took him out for good.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

One of my favorite Tama moments was after he got kicked out of Bullet Club and turned face, he was doing guest commentary and saw Bullet Club interfering in a match, and he went,"...wait, did they used to do that during MY matches too!?! :aaa:" :allears:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh, and for those of you who ONLY read this thread:

:siren: A reminder that you have until midnight on January 24th to get in your Top Ten Lists for this year's Top Ten Favorite Wrestlers of the Year Thread. :siren:

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Sooper Gila posted:

yeah I'm gonna miss him all things considered. Also wanna note the original GoD theme was the best entrance music of it's time.

If ever there was wrestling music to gently caress to, it was the original GoD theme

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Answered my own question but didn't know the bit about their mum :3:

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

https://twitter.com/reasonjp/status/1748672864184914141

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

God, Charlton rules :allears:

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
Why didn't they just have Shingo win at WK? Also every other night.

Why do Chase and KENTA get another tag title shot after losing tonight?

Was the Fit match just a rib on GOK for not being shredded?

Boy I hope the big February shows are a step up from this one. (Okay I just reminded myself of the cards and they absolutely are, but this one was still pretty dire).

...working through the undercard now and Ren's new music is pretty good but lol at that finisher.

"...the most loyal of the Filipino cryptids" is not a phrase I ever expected to hear on wrestling commentary.

Chinston Wurchill fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Jan 20, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Tsuji pulling the twin magic was one of the best moments of the G1, if only for Gabe laying them both out and getting to scream gently caress you Tsuji twice in one sentence

https://twitter.com/PuroresuFlow/status/1748701069239066729

A quick look on imdb shows that he's in episodes 4 and 10