Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

Eej posted:

Aurora's the closest an East Asian has ever come to winning an English language Drag Race since what, Kimchee? At this point I don't really have much hope for an East Asian queen winning unless they've totally assimilated ballroom culture or something. We're still too exotic for American judges, just like straight from Puerto Rican queens.

the first winner of dragula is east asian (vander), another east asian made top 4 twice (hoso), and hopefully the show will crown another east asian (nio) tonight. therefore it clears drag race :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

:siren::siren::siren:Spoiler Alert:siren::siren::siren:

For some reason, the Dragula Finale is out there so be careful with your internet searches.

cake bunny
Oct 29, 2011

I'd assume the reason is because the episode has been up all day.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

nunsexmonkrock posted:

I wonder if the way they voted will come back and bite them in the rear end at some point. Because Jane - everyone knew you would do it haha. I will have to re-watch last week voting because I don't remember if any of them were an rear end haha!

My wife and I were discussing that and how great it would be if they played the vote videos when all the queens get together.

AND THAT'S THE T!!!!

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
It would be funny if they revealed the voting it before the final Rate-A-Queen, and everyone unanimously voted to put PJ in the bottom... And then she survives the lip sync

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

cake bunny posted:

I'd assume the reason is because the episode has been up all day.

I'd like to thank them for letting me get to bed at a regular hour tonight!

Dragula Finale: Nio deserved that crown, no arguments, but Throb definitely put up an amazing fight. Props to Blackberri for that wonderful Horror idea and Org looking their most "human" in the Glamour section.

lolwut moment of the episode: The royalty-free music that I know best form Jelle's Marble Runs playing when the Boulets were wrapping up their deliberations.

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

the right monster won, sick looks all around from all of the top 4, loved throb back to masc after a few weeks of femme looks, nio’s face for glamour was incredible, amazing choice for a final lipsync song that brought me back to my teens. not the best season of dragula, mostly because the frontrunners really frontran from the early stages, but a very good finale

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

I've seen every recap show/podcast fall into the same trap of interpreting "You can use this immunity at some point in the future" being like, something you can just invoke at random. No, I don't think so. There will be a set "some" point where queens with immunity can use it. And it will be a wet fart sad-trombone just like chocolate was.

I would be shocked if immunity isn't ultimately some watered-down poo poo like this.

cake bunny
Oct 29, 2011

Dragula finale - Nio winning was very expected and her looks were great all season so no hate at all, but I kinda felt Throb should win. Conceptualization and execution of looks was a toss up between the two all season, and, though Nio showed growth in performance and had some great floor shows, Throb was consistently super high level in performances all season. Nio is legit beautiful in a very Dragula way, drag or no drag, but that isn't a very Dragula reason to win. Idk, the performance weaknesses just seemed like they should have been more of a factor since the looks were so close in quality to me.

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

throb looked great all season and brought a competitor’s spirit but the boulet brothers did a reasonable job justifying why they crowned nio:

- throb’s gags had a high failure rate throughout the season
- his horror look for the finale wasn’t horror enough
- nio won 2 floor shows to throb’s 1 (pretty evenly-distributed season vis-a-vis wins actually)

beyond the above, it seemed like the boulets wanted to change nio’s life and perhaps let her repair her relationship with her bio family, and a milli and a crown gives her a confident position to approach that from. and also maybe buy a better blonde wig?

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Dragula: Well deserved win, but did anyone notice before revealing who won, they panned to Throb and Nico was in the background getting on her knees and covering her mouth? It spoiled who won before the Boulet’s actually said it!

I feel like laughing, since someone recognized the lip sync song from their youth, but I remembered it as a runway song on the documentary, The September Issue.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Week 3's preview is up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeKnEZDysDM

As I expected, it's an Immunity Idol-type situation.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Pinwiz11 posted:

As I expected, it's an Immunity Idol-type situation.

I'll watch on Friday, but on that point, does it have to be played before the lip sync for your life? Or can it be played after?

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Nihonniboku posted:

I'll watch on Friday, but on that point, does it have to be played before the lip sync for your life? Or can it be played after?

All we know so far is that you can save yourself or someone else. I expect we'll get the actual timing after the runway on Friday.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Pinwiz11 posted:

All we know so far is that you can save yourself or someone else. I expect we'll get the actual timing after the runway on Friday.

Plane Jane? Sapphira? Saving someone else? Not in this lifetime.

Noise Machine
Dec 3, 2005

Today is a good day to save.

Maddy's latest episode with Aja is really funny. Aja seems like she's really comfortable and in a good place! Good for her.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Holy poo poo ~~Nymphia~~ :eyepop:

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

blizzardvizard posted:

Holy poo poo ~~Nymphia~~ :eyepop:

:yeah:

I watched the episode in a bar and the place erupted during her runway.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Top 3 and winner were correct

Sad for the first eliminated girl. She seems like a sweetheart. I kind of figured it was gonna happen though when she got so much backstory during the episode. Also, when I realized that, I knew the perfect exit line for her and was ecstatic when she said it! 🍫

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Just chillin' : )
I agree that Nymphia winning was absolutely right and correct, although I might have also put Dawn in the top

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

Winner: Holy gently caress. That's all!

First-out: Before the lip sync, I thought it was pure riggonomics - like was Hershii a late casting, or did they bring her on with an underwhelming package to get back at Kornbread for how ... 'off-message' she was during her season's year? That said, Hershii won me over with her performance. There was something about the church-lady two-step that just tickled me and I thought she had a lot more charisma on the stage than Geneva. Sad to see her go, but also wish she had more time to bake before going on TV for this particular stage. There's a real spark there imo and I hope she kills it on the cast tours to come.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
That episode of Untucked was wild. The girls are so loving shady to each other. Plane Jane going off on Amanda completely unprompted was so unnecessary but hilarious. There’s a way to be constructive with criticism but that was not it. Also the assassination of Plasma’s Tweedle look was correct. I loving hated that look so much.

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

I feel like Plain Jane is doing too much, wanting to be the villain. It doesn't feel funny to me, it feels contrived.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
More Untucked talk.

Part of the reason I enjoy watching Plane try to come for others is that she just gets absolutely cleaned out when they fight back. No one was on her side and seeing her flounder and try to get out of the situation to save face was funny. Amanda ate her up and Plasma with the arm hair read was great.

Bookish
Sep 7, 2006

80% sexy 20% disgusting
I was just glad Mirage was safe. I know she won’t go all the way or even make top 4 but I just think she is so dang cute! I want her on my tv as long as possible.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I woulda put Dawn in third over Sapphira but dammmmmmmn Nymphia

Mirage did a really good recovery to salvage that look

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Man, Nymphia!!! Holy shiiiiiit, all her looks ATE. No crumbs.

Riggamorris that Mhyia wasn’t bottom 2. Her looks were ALL poo poo, the yellow look covered her face, her Kim looks had her boobs floating around her neck, and her final look was also unflattering. She needs to pad more of synch more because she’s got hog body.

Bookish posted:

I was just glad Mirage was safe. I know she won’t go all the way or even make top 4 but I just think she is so dang cute! I want her on my tv as long as possible.

Completely agree. All her looks gave high-end stripper realness. I love it! Not enough for top, but still great.

Pan Dulce fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Jan 20, 2024

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Pan Dulce posted:

Riggamorris that Mhyia wasn’t bottom 2. Her looks were ALL poo poo, the yellow look covered her face, her Kim looks had her boobs floating around her neck, and her final look was also unflattering. She needs to pad more of synch more because she’s got hog body.

Ru: I think you sound timid
Mhyia: ...no...

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Rarity posted:

Ru: I think you sound timid
Mhyia: ...no...

Yeah that was really painful, I feel so bad for them :sigh:

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

There is a Grand Canyon sized talent gap between the top and bottom this year.

Amanda’s makeup is “It’s season 16 of drag race, how do you not know how to sew?” But for makeup.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

Amanda’s makeup is “It’s season 16 of drag race, how do you not know how to sew?” But for makeup.

She could do better if those eyebrows weren't so weird. It's like they actively combat how long the eyeshadow is. And it's not blended in the slightest.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

I look forward to Amanda's eventual All-Stars glowup. Until then, I'll just enjoy her while she's still on the show.

Noise Machine
Dec 3, 2005

Today is a good day to save.

https://www.instagram.com/p/C2UUeJ9r2hm/?igsh=MWs1NXE3dDcyMXdu

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

They always cast sacrificial lambs to be amongst the first to go. Can't cast everyone who they think has a shot at winning, you'd run through the drag talent pretty quickly if you did.

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.

Carlton Banks Teller posted:

There was something about the church-lady two-step that just tickled me and I thought she had a lot more charisma on the stage than Geneva.[/spoiler]

Being in character for that lipsync was a god tier decision, it was so loving fun to watch the whole way through.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Yeah, I understand why Ru kept Geneva but I really enjoyed Hershii more.

PostsYouCanDanceTo
Sep 23, 2005

jimmydalad posted:

That episode of Untucked was wild. The girls are so loving shady to each other. Plane Jane going off on Amanda completely unprompted was so unnecessary but hilarious. There’s a way to be constructive with criticism but that was not it. Also the assassination of Plasma’s Tweedle look was correct. I loving hated that look so much.

I haven't watched Untucked in a good while, but I think I will again. Amanda throwing it back in Jane's face -- and better -- with a smile was :discourse:.
Plasma is wound tight; and I also hated that look -- the asses hanging out was an unnecessary detail.

PostsYouCanDanceTo fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Jan 22, 2024

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

nymphia is very funny, very cute, and very stylish and is the best hope for an asian queen to win mainline drag race in a very long time. parsing 42 looks this early is a lot to ask of a viewer and I immediately forgot most of them but the judging felt correct this week. as far as gulfs between top and bottom go, what nymphia did with her ties vs. what hershii was attempting with socks lol

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.

panko posted:

nymphia is very funny, very cute, and very stylish and is the best hope for an asian queen to win mainline drag race in a very long time.

Nymphia has my full attention to be quite honest! Her looks are fun to look at, her kookiness is tuned just right to be fun, and she feels like she's got the performance chops (and competency in English) to surprise during comedy and script challenges. I have no loving clue what she's going to do next but I am excited for it. Her and Sapphira are a lock for top 3, IMO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Never forget...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9tK8rJCxAQ