Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
We're probably only two or so years away from being competitive, and hell, just one solid offseason can be enough to completely change a franchise, just look at who won the division.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Among the two AFC South teams that pulled insane comebacks this year, Will Levi's was one of them, Stroud the other. I have hope for the future.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
yeah i was gonna say i don't know how you see what the texans did year over year and think the titans are doomed for ages to be bad but then i remembered that's kind of your thing

they were two offensive linemen away from competing for the division this year, given they lost SEVEN one score games

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
The coach we get matters a lot. If we get someone who understands offense and have a functional oline next season we'll be competing for a playoff spot

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Mega64 posted:

We're probably only two or so years away from being competitive, and hell, just one solid offseason can be enough to completely change a franchise, just look at who won the division.

Completely agree. You should see what the Texans did and realize that rebuilds don't take that long if you have the right group leading them.

I like Levis too. I don't think he has Stroud's potential but you can easily see him developing into a top 10 QB.

You aren't in nearly as bad of a position as you think you are. The team I'm most concerned about (in terms of their long term outlook, not who I fear) in the division is actually the Jaguars.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I’m rooting for us to hire somebody who is good, and not somebody who is bad.

Gotta fix LT. Won’t matter who the coach is if that position stays that nonfunctional

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

it's pretty obvious vrabel/ran thought they had two years to win some games. they went the route of swerving into the levis pick when he was still available in R2 instead of doing infrastructure stuff like additional linemen after they got what they absolutely needed in skoronski in R1 and decided to patch the holes with free agents and later round rookies. unfortunately, hubbard got hurt, brunskill played hurt and dillard was as useful as a screen door on a submarine, and jaelyn duncan was not it.

levis was very much a "we are looking to win 2024-2025 games instead of 2023 games" situation. had tannehill not gotten hurt, all levis would have had all year long was garbage time reps.

no matter who the coach is, they probably still take the half-foundation/half-skill positions picks now that they've already started down this route. hopefully they get alt/fashanu in R1 and then maybe look at secondary or a highly rated wr in R2.

not having that R3 pick hurts this year.

tankathon has them taking fashanu R1 and xavier worthy R2 at the moment.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Worthy would definitely fit the need

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Mega64 posted:

The Texans blueprint is having an incredible draft including a top 5ish QB and several dudes having career years, that's not easy to duplicate

Pretty worried about next year if Greenard, Schultz, Brown, King, Perryman and Nelson walk

Intruder fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Jan 14, 2024

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Glad about the Texans positioning, but at the same time, gotta say, even self-destructing, would rather watch the Jags in this game than the Steelers.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Probably Magic posted:

Glad about the Texans positioning, but at the same time, gotta say, even self-destructing, would rather watch the Jags in this game than the Steelers.

The Jags would have played the Browns and the Texans would have been in this game

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Intruder posted:

The Jags would have played the Browns and the Texans would have been in this game

Yeah, that has less narrative to it. It's fine how it shook out, I'm just annoyed a team that was as bullshit as the Steelers were this year even got into the playoffs. The Jags at least have a quarterback, even if he's having a mental breakdown.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Probably Magic posted:

Yeah, that has less narrative to it. It's fine how it shook out, I'm just annoyed a team that was as bullshit as the Steelers were this year even got into the playoffs. The Jags at least have a quarterback, even if he's having a mental breakdown.

Since when

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

conceptually

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
1 INT for Byard after joining the Eagles. Dude was cooked

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
He went from Mike Vrabel to Matt Patricia. I don't think you can have a bigger swing in terms of motivating a defense.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

KB had fallen off before he was traded. At the time it was an easy read of “lol titans trading away their best players” but he really wasn’t his old self this year. He’s great, he’ll be in the Titans circle of whatever, but Ran was smart to get the value there.

I’m excited to see the exodus of players this offseason now that Vrabel’s not around to hold onto dudes he sees value in that tend to not pan out. The Geoff Swaim Tier of guys.

I think they should be able to have virtual interviews now with Wild Card playoff teams, so maybe they talk to Ben Johnson soon.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Really hope they bring back Autry, with Landry back on his game the pass rush should be murdering people next season.

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN
big willy style

Oberstwo
Aug 19, 2022

Trevor bust

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
We still doing I’m gay? I’m gay.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

go texans

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

Oberstwo posted:

Trevor bust

qtiyd

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

in cj we trust, in trevor we bust

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Bismack Billabongo posted:

We still doing I’m gay? I’m gay.
Hell, same

Intruder posted:

in cj we trust, in trevor we bust
:mods:

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

No horny on main.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Oberstwo posted:

Trevor bust

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Going to be a good luck on how future titans hc Macdonald schemes against stroud today

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.
In DeMeco we trust

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I wanted Slowik as an OC one more year but every team is (justifiably) interviewing him.

I think there’s a zero percent chance he’s here next year.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Liking what I see so far hire Macdonald

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Not a fan of the Texans deciding not to gameplan for Lamar Jackson running the ball

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

they don't seem to have planned for crowd noise either

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I'm sure they see something but why are they trying to force the ball to woods lol

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

collins, schultz, and singletary are good pass catchers but everyone else is doodoo. but presumably you have to target your other guys to keep the defense honest? i guess?

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Texans bringing it.

Let's have a Lions v Texans super bowl

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Ah another Singletary 1 yard gain

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Metapod posted:

Ah another Singletary 1 yard gain

The sickoest of sickos are enjoying this running game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

:fork: