Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Drakkel posted:

Finally Punk can live out the boyhood dream of main eventing night 1 of a buy-one-get-one-free extravaganza

that's real long term storytelling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
E-LI DRAKE

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

tfw dummies are being named

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

That Tony tweet killed Seth Rollins

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

i cared about fandango, he seemed fun. the guy i mean. the gimmick was not gonna make it to the main event

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

dromal phrenia posted:

i cared about fandango, he seemed fun. the guy i mean. the gimmick was not gonna make it to the main event

When he asked Lilian Garcia if she wanted to "get Fandango'ed" that was the most character anybody showed in years and I'm sure he got reprimanded for it.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Dango Bango posted:

Curious to see if WWE vacates the title or does their own interim champ.

Their usual booking is to have the guy lose the title and then blame someone for the injury.

So if I had to guess I'd say that they have him cut a promo or get attacked backstage, then Priest cashes in and he holds it until Elimination Chamber where they will put it on Punk or Drew.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

dromal phrenia posted:

What killed Fandango wasn't that he was just catchphrase over or whatever, it was the lovely half-assed way WWE chose to get behind him by having Cole shout "LOOK JBL, WE ARE FANDANGOING!" for a few weeks. IIrc they still booked him like a joke, but for a hot minute they pretended to know what it was that people liked, and it turned people off the whole thing extremely fast.

I haven't watched even a second of anything involving LA Knight except that time someone in that Mountain Dew match missed a jump by a mile, but I still consider it a small miracle that WWE hasn't yet managed to kill his overness simply by getting behind him.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Was WWE's :regd08: of Fandango before or after when Jericho wanted to work him at Wrestlemania?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

if seth doesn't wrestle he can probably rehab enough to be able to go for Mania.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Dango Bango posted:

Was WWE's :regd08: of Fandango before or after when Jericho wanted to work him at Wrestlemania?

jericho didnt want to work him or job to him, they had him do that program as a dig at him for doing Dancing With The Stars without WWE consent

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

STONE COLD 64 posted:

if seth doesn't wrestle he can probably rehab enough to be able to go for Mania.

Punk also has to survive until Mania though

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

quote:

- World Title contract signing

- Latino World Order vs. Legado World Order

- "Butch" and Tyler Bate vs. Pretty Deadly

- Logan Paul on the Kevin Owens Show

- Women's Tag Team Titles: Katana Chance & Kayden Carter vs. The Unholy Union

- SPOILER MATCH

- Randy Orton vs. Solo SIkoa

BACKSTAGE NEWS

- Gable Steveson vs. Cameron Grimes is set for a pre-show dark match

- Zelina Vega, Bayley are set for the show.

- Dan Engler has the main event referee assignment

- Dallas Irvin has the tag title ref assignment

- Finn Balor is scheduled for a dark match

SPOILERS

- The main event match is set for two segments

- The tag team title match is set for one segment

- Butch is listed as PETE DUNNE internally

- Bayley is set for commentary during the tag title match

- LA Knight vs. AJ Styles is listed for the show in the SPOILER MATCH

- The Bloodline is listed to be ringside with AJ Styles on internal rundowns

- Nick Aldis is to be present for both matches involving world title challengers

- Bloodline is set to be ringside for Solo Sikoa, including Roman Reigns

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

STONE COLD 64 posted:

jericho didnt want to work him or job to him, they had him do that program as a dig at him for doing Dancing With The Stars without WWE consent

lmao I didn't realize that. "WWE level pettiness" needs to be its own category

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
Sean Ross Sapp has a world-class snitch under this employ.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Drakkel posted:

Are they really just doing the whole "Sammy wants to be in the Bloodline" thing again but with R-Truth and Judgement Day?

WWE appears to have decided "pair criminally overlooked midcard goofball with heel stable" is a winning formula, and just like everything they're gonna run it into the ground.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Cabbit posted:

WWE appears to have decided "pair criminally overlooked midcard goofball with heel stable" is a winning formula, and just like everything they're gonna run it into the ground.

I mean, they kind of already have. R-Truth is the guy they turn to when there is literally nobody else there, and he's not even interacting with the Romans.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Watching Smackdown ahead of Royal Rumble next week

So is Pretty Deadly just them firing Tyler Breeze and then hiring two generic brand Tyler Breezes?

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Soul Glo posted:

Watching Smackdown ahead of Royal Rumble next week

So is Pretty Deadly just them firing Tyler Breeze and then hiring two generic brand Tyler Breezes?

Pretty Deadly are (or...were, last I watched?) great, they were really fun on the British indies and even had some hilarious NXT vignettes, and their matches with the New Day were very good. But they do seem custom-made to have Tyler Breeze as a manager and yet it's never happened.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

He did it. Pete Dunne finished the story.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

is pepsi ok posted:

https://x.com/nackolyn/status/1650098057977950209?s=20

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Congrats to Pete Dunne, finally completed Trip’s four year plan

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Grendels Dad posted:

I mean, they kind of already have. R-Truth is the guy they turn to when there is literally nobody else there, and he's not even interacting with the Romans.

R-Truth has been comedy gold for a long time & I love when he hams it up in all these situations. Him talking to Brock/Heyman before the Royal Rumble was a classic too, plus he kinda 'made' the 24/7 title even if it was a joke belt :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tf8Yt3lu1E0

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

BOOTY-ADE posted:

R-Truth has been comedy gold for a long time & I love when he hams it up in all these situations. Him talking to Brock/Heyman before the Royal Rumble was a classic too, plus he kinda 'made' the 24/7 title even if it was a joke belt :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tf8Yt3lu1E0

You are not wrong, but he is still the booking equivalent of Big Show with less cred.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

is pepsi ok posted:

rip butch 2022-2024, you were somehow only butch for less than twenty four months

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Thank God Michael Cole explained the entire joke and humor of it all beat for beat, I saw R-Truth standing back there and couldn't figure out for the life of me WHY Is he with the Judgement Day and not his partner the miz?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

super macho dude posted:

Thank God Michael Cole explained the entire joke and humor of it all beat for beat, I saw R-Truth standing back there and couldn't figure out for the life of me WHY Is he with the Judgement Day and not his partner the miz?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZzMhdeT2H4

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Hirez posted:

I also love the Miz. He Rules

Absolutely NOT

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Grendels Dad posted:

You are not wrong, but he is still the booking equivalent of Big Show with less cred.

R-Truth acts like a simpleton and the dummies clap like seals.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
R Truth is great, imagine not liking R Truth

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Truth is tremendous. But he's been doing the exact same thing for over a decade.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

TheKingslayer posted:

Truth is tremendous. But he's been doing the exact same thing for over a decade.

good

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Yeah he's a comedy jobber, one of the last of a dying breed. I miss watching Brooklyn Brawler enter the ring confident he'd get a win

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I've been sticking with the Bret Hart book, and I'm glad I did. It's improved a lot since it moved on to his WWF stuff, and it would be interesting to find out the actual honest to god truth behind some of these stories.

Like when Bret dropped the title to Yokozuna at WM9 so Hogan could come back to win it immediately from Yoko, he thanked Bret after the match and told him "I'll return the favour, brother". And then when it came time for him to drop the title to Bret, he flat out refused because he didn't see Bret being on his level.

In the book this is presented as it actually being Vince's idea; Vince didn't want Hogan to drop the belt to Bret even though he himself initially pitched the idea, and then blamed Hogan for it, lying to Bret about Hogan's attitude. When Bret confronted Hogan about it, he was genuinely hurt that Bret believed it, and swore up and down that it wasn't his idea, going as far as physically pulling Bret into Vince's office to confront him, at which point Vince flat out lied he had never even said the match was going to be a title match, despite doing precisely that numerous times.

The thing is, I could totally see that being true. Vince has always been a backstabbing shithead who loves nothing more than blaming others for his bad decisions, and he probably wouldn't have though Bret would confront Hogan about the issue and have his lie exposed. But then again Hogan has never been the world's most reliable guy either, and if it hadn't been for the physical confrontation of Vince, I would totally have believed the official story of Hogan refusing to do a job and then lying to Bret about it.

Also kinda funny that if the book is to be believed, Shawn, Razor and co originally pitched the idea of the Kliq to Bret and wanted him to lead it. But is the book to be believed? At this point it's becoming a meme of Bret doing something, and then $LEGENDARY_WRESTLING_FIGURE coming up to him with tears in his eyes to shake his hand and tell him that nobody had ever done the thing half as good as he just had.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I've always had the impression that Vince was being the metaphorical heat sink between Bret and Hogan when Hogan didn't want to do the job and Vince was more than happy to play the role. Seemed like Bret saw Vince as some kind of extra father figure to him and Vince was happy to use it to sucker Bret.

Then again maybe Hogan and Vince just had a good laugh screwing Bret together because they're dickheads.

...or maybe not brother.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

:siren: A reminder that you have until midnight on January 24th to get in your Top Ten Lists for this year's Top Ten Favorite Wrestlers of the Year Thread. :siren:

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

TheKingslayer posted:

Seemed like Bret saw Vince as some kind of extra father figure to him and Vince was happy to use it to sucker Bret.

Definitely, that comes through in the book constantly, and it's sad as gently caress considering everything that's happened since then. And even in the book, when it was time to renegotiate his contract in 1994 or whatever, when they had a deal Bret went "yeah since we're so close and we trust each other and we're both reliable people there's no need to draw up an official contract on this, we can just shake on it like trustful men".

And then a bit later Vince sent him a contract to sign and when his lawyer reviewed it, it was not at all what they had agreed and was much worse than his ongoing contract to the point where "[Bret's] lawyer said he'd be crazy to sign it".

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

:siren: A reminder that you have until midnight on January 24th to get in your Top Ten Lists for this year's Top Ten Favorite Wrestlers of the Year Thread. :siren:

Who finishes 2-10 behind The Big Dog?

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Intruder posted:

Who finishes 2-10 behind The Big Dog?

Cody

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Intruder posted:

Who finishes 2-10 behind The Big DogBeepie?