Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

Non Compos Mentis posted:

rich evans shits himself in national parks

And out of them too!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004

Stink Billyums posted:

the first thing I think of when I hear the name glenn danzig is this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RERGlWWoIvA

lol I love this. Danzig rules

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

“Danzig vs. Manpig” got me good

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

celebrities are just like us!

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Finally something i can relate to

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

He’s got a system…

sinnesloeschen
Jun 4, 2011

fiiiiiiinnnne
:coolspot:

Cubone posted:

indiana jones and the cool rectangle

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Jay's version is still limited by like, footage from the finished film. It sucks, but its also an exercise in turd polishing.

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

colonelwest posted:

He’s got a system…

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Rich clutching that enterprise like a teddy bear :3:

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Tim barely spoke, still gets second billing in the credits over Mike

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

RealityWarCriminal posted:

Tim barely spoke, still gets second billing in the credits over Mike

Very fitting for best of the worst

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Tim is bad

Rich, Mike and Jay are Ok

stillvisions
Oct 15, 2014

I really should have come up with something better before spending five bucks on this.

lobsterminator posted:

Was Danzig's peanut brain so small that he left out the music because he wanted to distance himself from his music career? Serious movies just have wind sounds and gunshots during the opening credits.

Besides "oops, forgot the music on the render" and "I got paid to put as much music as I wanted, and I put zero" the only other remaining guess would be he's under a record contract somewhere else and they had to pull the music because it would be in violation of said contract.

That last one is a stretch, but I think it was Henry Rollins that had to do that with his Spoken Word/Standup albums and had a huge disclaimer on them THERE IS NO MUSIC ON THIS. THIS IS NOT ROLLINS BAND.

Collapsing Farts posted:

Tim is bad

Rich, Mike and Jay are Ok

To be fair Tim said one thing this time that made me chuckle at least. I can't remember what it was, but that's something.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
We don't have to like Tim but we have to respect that he's the absolute man to call when you need to get a raccoon carcass out of Rich Evans' grundle.

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

Tim was clearly distracted by whatever he needed to leave for and wasn't thinking about being funny.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Has anyone seen the thoroughly B horror/comedy movie "Knights of Badassdom"? It's permanently on Amazon Prime.

Starring Peter Dinklage and that lady from Firefly.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
A Danzig movie having absolutely no soundtrack in it is incredible.

Also what's with Mike's cheeks? Is he putting makeup now? Nothing wrong with that of course.

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

the movie has a “Original Music by Danzig” credit in the beginning so having a soundtrack was an idea at some point

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Lister posted:

Tim was clearly distracted by whatever he needed to leave for and wasn't thinking about being funny.

I’m mostly fine with Tim just sort of being there to fill out the table. A net-neutral compared to the net-negative of sober-era Jack and Josh. That being said, he’s been noticeable less funny recently.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Kept thinking about that grandma's funeral he was missing

A Single Sphink
Feb 10, 2004

COMICS CRIMINAL

Surprised Mike didn't ask to go with him.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

A Single Sphink posted:

Surprised Mike didn't ask to go with him.

i bet mike went to rich's grandma's funeral

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Space Jam posted:

the movie has a “Original Music by Danzig” credit in the beginning so having a soundtrack was an idea at some point

I guess it’s not entirely impossible that whatever record label be belongs to slapped him and said “HEY! You can’t go making music for stuff that doesn’t belong to us!” And the music had to be yanked last minute.

It’s stupid, but so is a movie that feels like they just kinda forgot to include sound

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

colonelwest posted:

He’s got a system…

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Gutcruncher posted:

It’s stupid, but so is Glenn Danzig

Rod Hoofhearted fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Jan 20, 2024

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

It doesn't feel to me like they just ripped out the music, because it looks like there's barely any sound effects at all.

Like in the saloon scene I think it would at least have background chatter noise, but there's just nothing instead...

My pet theory is that Danzig doesn't actually know anything about how music is produced

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

I’m still of the opinion that most of the sound layers were muted during editing and he forgot to unmute them before rendering

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Space Kablooey posted:

My pet theory is that Danzig doesn't actually know anything about how music is produced

(Looks at Danzig 5: Blackacidevil) Yep, checks out

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
There's a comment on the video by someone who saw the movie in theatres and the sound was hosed up there too, so it's not just a BD thing.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

mobby_6kl posted:

A Danzig movie having absolutely no soundtrack in it is incredible.

Also what's with Mike's cheeks? Is he putting makeup now? Nothing wrong with that of course.

I was wondering about that too, he looked quite rosy. I guess they're trying to make him look like he's still alive.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
some who saw death rider w danzig in attendance at some festival said that the opening scene had an old danzig song playing over it, but the rest of the movie was still dead quiet. guess he didn't have the rights to the song for the dvd lol

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

sharknado slashfic posted:

I was wondering about that too, he looked quite rosy. I guess they're trying to make him look like he's still alive.

You can do wonders with CGI these days.

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 25 hours!)

sharknado slashfic posted:

roomtone fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Jan 20, 2024

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

redshirt posted:

Has anyone seen the thoroughly B horror/comedy movie "Knights of Badassdom"? It's permanently on Amazon Prime.

Starring Peter Dinklage and that lady from Firefly.

Yeah, my brother claimed a friend of his directed it (but didn't get final cut) so we went to see it in theaters. It was ok. IIRC it was pretty clear that the studio recut it to feature more Dinklage after GoT became huge.

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
Why did Jay say "The big boobed naked blonde lady on a horse" with such disgust in his voice? :confused:

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

You can't spell 'vector field' without me, Professor!

Outpost22 posted:

Why did Jay say "The big boobed naked blonde lady on a horse" with such disgust in his voice? :confused:

Not a single hot sexy body like those mastodon men to be found

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

colonelwest posted:

He’s got a system…

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
I find Tim very funny in almost every appearance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
finally watched dial of destiny and the mutt reveal was the best scene