Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

The REAL Goobusters posted:

literally who is this

A rapper named Saviii 3rd, who put out a music video 4 days ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Beve Stuscemi posted:

wHO????

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

lmao comments are turned off, he must have been getting roasted. plus the song is trash anyway

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvNTcwY3Cb0

watch it and then delete it from your youtube history, so the al gore rhythm doesnt get any ideas about you liking this poo poo

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Burzum shirt so edgelord. Just go with the Cradle of Filth nun shirt if you really want to shock people.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Vargatron posted:

Burzum shirt so edgelord. Just go with the Cradle of Filth nun shirt if you really want to shock people.

hes going door to door trying to shock people now

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Just when I thought he couldn't get any more RYM-core

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
if jpeg is actually on the album, that might actually lose kanye some of his fans lol

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Imagining Kanye introducing Peggy to Varg's racist board game and grilling him about circumcision.

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

what freemason level do i need to hit to understand what this post means

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

40 lbs to freedom posted:

you need to know the lore of the early 90s black metal scene in Norway.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
The Devil In A New Dress Corollary states that the closer we get to endgame capitalism in the United States, the more Kanye and Rick Ross look identical. As the government collapses and red state residents begin being eaten by sentient alligators, they will merge into one superbeing with a beard so big it covers their chains.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

40 lbs to freedom posted:

Burzum is the main project of notorious murderer, Nazi (really something more esoteric than that but who cares) and--worst of all--YouTuber Varg Vikernes.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

https://twitter.com/nsjpeg/status/1748417145061491139

Oh my loving god hahaha

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Henchman of Santa posted:

Imagining Kanye introducing Peggy to Varg's racist board game and grilling him about circumcision.

you aint got the answers varg

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I know it’s because of his jaw thing but the older and fatter Kanye gets the more his head looks like an aged pumpkin that somebody squashed with their rear end a little bit.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Bismack Billabongo posted:

I know it’s because of his jaw thing but the older and fatter Kanye gets the more his head looks like an aged pumpkin that somebody squashed with their rear end a little bit.

Maybe Kanye was trying to google "how can we get rid of jaws" and it took a horribly wrong turn

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Sir Lemming posted:

Maybe Kanye was trying to google "how can we get rid of jaws" and it took a horribly wrong turn

Lmfao

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

*bravely stands up* I always thought joegmafia's music was annoying

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

grieving for Gandalf posted:

*bravely stands up* I always thought joegmafia's music was annoying

He has a lot of great songs and LP! is great

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Sweeper posted:

He has a lot of great songs and LP! is great

maybe there's some good stuff in there. I tried out STH for Danny and couldn't get into it

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i will also say ive tried and it's not for me

emptyrave
May 13, 2022

I'm not the biggest fan of his vocals and his lyrics always come off as amateurish imo but I absolutely love his production. Spotify has the instrumental version of Black Ben Carson and I've listened to it a bunch over the years.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

*bravely stands up* I always thought Kanye sucked

Which was a real unpopular opinion for like a decade plus there

emptyrave
May 13, 2022

Beve Stuscemi posted:

Which was a real unpopular opinion for like a decade plus there

Are previous fans of his going back on their word and saying "actually I think his music wasn't that good"? I assume "kanye always sucked" is still an unpopular opinion, but this is the only place I read opinions on rap so maybe you're right.

E: VVV I'm talking about his music. Kanye has def always sucked as a person, I doubt anyone disagrees with that. Saying his first four albums suck is wild to me tho idk.

emptyrave fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Jan 20, 2024

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!
no poo poo in like 2009 in college i had a shirt that said I HATED KANYE BEFORE HATING KANYE WAS COOL

i was 17 dude it was so fuckin lame but i was right

emptyrave
May 13, 2022

EBK ESKI & 2UNE - SHARK BOY (Official Video)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcGINC2CMl0&t=1

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
If you really want to find some musical reason why Kanye west first couple albums were bad one could point out that he basically got washed by every feature he ever had up until like….dark fantasy? But the music was still good

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

emptyrave posted:

Lmfao the thumbnail image is from a dude just sucker punching a dude in a jail house brawl. Hard poo poo.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
The worst part of early Kanye albums are all the skits

And also Barry bonds

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
is kanye's jaw getting wider?

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I only like college drop out and drive slow :cool:

But I was also a juggalo at one point in my life so ymmv.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Honest Thief posted:

is kanye's jaw getting wider?

he just got new titanium vampire dentures (lol)

Robert Analog
Feb 16, 2008

shyah

emptyrave posted:

This guy is my fav drill rapper and if you're into this stuff his gang and a greater alliance they're part of have a bunch of rappers

ebk Tana (was killed and gets mentioned a lot)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G94kpBw3fAI

Cobo75
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjNs0Eo58sQ

ebk Lil John & ebk slick
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPwuClcYL8Q

ebk Baby & slick
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOoGUrgzW1Y

a couple from the eastend alliance
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGvZC8eLDYQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UZfLq5ZEnw

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.

maybe there's some good stuff in there. I tried out STH for Danny and couldn't get into it

It's because...

:spergin:

you a hoe

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

emptyrave posted:

Are previous fans of his going back on their word and saying "actually I think his music wasn't that good"? I assume "kanye always sucked" is still an unpopular opinion, but this is the only place I read opinions on rap so maybe you're right.

E: VVV I'm talking about his music. Kanye has def always sucked as a person, I doubt anyone disagrees with that. Saying his first four albums suck is wild to me tho idk.

he's a whole dumbass but the brakes weren't falling off musicwise until Pablo needed multiple patches. even still, there's a lot of great tracks on that album. after that....

Nightmare Cinema posted:

It's because...

:spergin:

you a hoe

how dare you.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i thought the review of kanye via the review of rxk nephew's kanye diss track was pretty spot on. from the POW best of 2023 list:

pow posted:

You never believe that you’re in a personality cult. It’s only after the leader does something truly deranged – invite a federal siege, dispatch a team of feral assassins to murder a perceived rival, try to manifest the fourth Reich – when people start to question their allegiances. For the few of us who have long been incredulous about the “I am Steve Jobs and Pablo Picasso and Walt Disney” genius of Kanye, its been a particularly insufferable two decades. That’s not to say that Kanye didn’t make some of the best music of his generation. It’s more that his zealous disciples wielded their power to forgive a never-ending litany of embarrassing corniness, messianic delusions, and aesthetic crimes. And they happened to be a fundamental component of the millennial Hypebeast internet.

I can’t argue that Kanye isn’t one of the most creative producers of this century. For all of the megalomania, the Yeezus tour date at Staples remains one of the best live shows I’ve ever seen. No amount of Donald Trump bootlicking, 13th Amendment revisionism, or Mein Kampf book clubs, can alter his impact on music.

But it’s worth re-examining the signs that always lay just under the surface in a man who eventually found kinship in genocidal dictators, oligarchic ghouls, convicted sex offenders, and the most spiritually deadening aspects of consumerist culture. The man who All City Jimmy once described as “2Pac for only children.” A shallow power-obsessed tyrant who swore by Mr. Hudson, Big Sean, and Desiigner, whose sense of humor mostly amounted to repeating Will Ferrell and Austin Powers punchlines, whose ugly and overpriced clothed line brought to life the Derelicte bit from Zoolander.

To extend the analogy in terms that he can understand, sometimes you are so hot that you can take a crap, wrap it in tinfoil, put a couple fish hooks on it and sell it to Queen Elizabeth as earrings. But eventually, Queen Elizabeth dies, you lose your billion-dollar Adidas deal, your ex-wife disavows you, and you make largely unlistenable music for nearly a decade. Finally, you receive the executioner you deserve, RXK Nephew.

It’s easy to attack Kanye for the conspiratorial mania of the last seven years. The live Karaoke performances of the Protocols of the Elders of Zion, the Mar-A-Lago play dates with white supremacists, the failed religious academy deemed “unsafe, unregulated, unsanitary” and that only served sushi to children. Each publicity stunt and nonsensical rant is more pathetic and stupid than the last. But it’s pretty clearly the mania of a deeply unwell man who needs serious psychiatric care.

This is also one of the reasons why “Yeezy Boots” is so devastating. Neph isn’t tripping about the “poo poo that he said.” He’s tripping about them dumb rear end “Yeezy Boots.” Forget the contemptible politics and unforgivable racism, he’s demolishing the premise of the false idol.

Let’s check the scoreboard:

“G.O.O.D. Music made bad music:” largely accurate and if you don’t believe me, I have a used GLC CD to sell you.

“All Kanye’s raps mediocre:” 93.9 percent true, with the principal exceptions of the “New Slaves” verse, the second verse of “No More Parties in L.A., and maybe a dozen others where his charisma and presence defeat a clumsy flow and tinny voice. It’s also worth noting that there’s something inherently fraudulent about building a religion around your beliefs when you aren’t even writing the testament. And look, Rhymefest is no John the Baptist.

“Remember when he had that dumbass haircut?”:

Kanye performed with his rear end out/How you gon’ tell me it’s not about clout?: Even ardent zealots can’t argue here. There can only be one Prince. And Prince never needed to be this desperate to drum up attention. He only had to be Prince. Kanye will always be the insecure dork with braces desperately trying to freestyle for TGIF Fridays waitresses in Times Square.

The name Yeezy was never cool: Unequivocal.

“You look like a fool with them big rear end boots. That’s why Jay-Z don’t even like you.” I’m sure there are plenty of other reasons why Jay-Z doesn’t like him, but this seems as good as any.

I won’t you tell you that everything in “Yeezy Boots” is a fact, but it’s probably the best music criticism of 2023. Like B.I.G., even when he’s wrong, Dr. Neph gets his point across.

Here is validation for those “free thinkers” who never would have subscribed to Kanye’s YouTube. It’s an all-time great rap diss, equally hilarious and devastating, caustic and absolutely loving absurd. A reminder that artists aren’t deities to worship, they’re flawed and temperamental mortals. And it’s okay, you don’t have to delete those old photos of you looking stupid in Stunner Shades. It’s just worth remembering that there’s a difference between what’s cool and what’s trendy.

Skepticism is necessary, lest you wind up making your personality a mirror image of a tragic figure and cautionary tale that embodies the worst of American malfunction. All those years where you were being called a hater – maybe you were just being honest, maybe you just didn’t like it.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

The REAL Goobusters posted:

The worst part of early Kanye albums are all the skits

And also Barry bonds

Hey I mean it’s better than drunk and hot girls at least lol

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

"drunk and hot girls" was entirely born out of trying to use a cool CAN sample and failing badly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

https://twitter.com/kidcudi/status/1748770116836159741?s=61&t=p3q_Jh3l7EiiLtw3f9k_8Q

These two should now make a track together making fun of Ye