Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SerthVarnee
Mar 13, 2011

It has been two zero days since last incident.
Big Super Slapstick Hunk
All I know is that Crab Dad is getting promoted for successfully managing a crisis situation over this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Flyinglemur posted:

I think we can get this back on track by reciting the Sailor's Creed

Sailor's Creed? Hard Chargers prefer the Ethos, or maybe singing Anchors Away, including the ~secret verses~.

I'm a Submarine Song man, myself, nowadays.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
https://youtu.be/DO_drlO5vSU?si=2V2DvYBwuVaWJIR5

Jimmy4400nav
Apr 1, 2011

Ambassador to Moonlandia

Elviscat posted:

Y'all ever get woke up by the messenger, go eat, head on back to the engine room for watch, and one RO unit's overfilling the RFTs, the other's dumping brine in the bilge, the LOPs are geysering 2190 out of the water seal, one condenser has no vacuum, and ERUL doesn't know what he hosed up so he's cowering and crying in a corner, the EP is in some hosed up lineup with no procedure for recovery, the EWS and ERS are shooting the poo poo in maneuvering, who just have all the alarms cutout, and ERLL is literally just missing somehow?

Because that's how I feel getting off work and reading this thread.

Please translate appropriately for your rate.

Feels like taking over and getting the passdown from the weekend duty and finding out you gotta push multiple sitreps.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

orange juche posted:

My eyes loving glazed over but I'm thinking it goes something like the guy walking in with pizza and the whole loving room is on fire. That about it?

“We ran out of Grey Poupon.”

gently caress.

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

Elviscat posted:

Y'all ever get woke up by the messenger, go eat, head on back to the engine room for watch, and one RO unit's overfilling the RFTs, the other's dumping brine in the bilge, the LOPs are geysering 2190 out of the water seal, one condenser has no vacuum, and ERUL doesn't know what he hosed up so he's cowering and crying in a corner, the EP is in some hosed up lineup with no procedure for recovery, the EWS and ERS are shooting the poo poo in maneuvering, who just have all the alarms cutout, and ERLL is literally just missing somehow?

Same.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
Well that was certainly a thing to start the day with.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

McNally posted:

Well that was certainly a thing to start the day with.

I agree, running out of condiments just wrecks the rest of the day.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

Elviscat posted:

Everyone wants to hangout in Maneuvering because it's where all the electricians are at.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
just getting caught up and smdh this is what happens when you don't wake up and start your day with the Sailor's Creed

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I’m starting the sailors creed coffee company but we only have two brews extra strong and tastes like poo poo and the coke and coffee flavor.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

MarcusSA posted:

I’m starting the sailors creed coffee company but we only have two brews extra strong and tastes like poo poo and the coke and coffee flavor.

Ill bet you could start a Navy centric coffee company and just print ship's crests on them and sell them directly to the boomers in the facebook CG-Whatever# groups and make okay dollars.

MonkeyFit
May 13, 2009

PneumonicBook posted:

Ill bet you could start a Navy centric coffee company and just print ship's crests on them and sell them directly to the boomers in the facebook CG-Whatever# groups and make okay dollars.

Do the boomers even care about specialty coffee? Aren't most of them the type to poo poo on anyone that doesn't like terrible tasting coffee and they just buy whatever is cheap?

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Our vibrations were getting nasty. But why? Was there no communication in this thread?

Had we deteriorated to the level of dumb beasts?

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

MonkeyFit posted:

Do the boomers even care about specialty coffee? Aren't most of them the type to poo poo on anyone that doesn't like terrible tasting coffee and they just buy whatever is cheap?

Yes but also boomers love buying shirts that say "I defended FREEDOM on USS MONTEREY while you were NOT DEFENDING FREEDOM" and whatever so I'll bet there's a market.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

MonkeyFit posted:

It can taste like poo poo at a reasonable price point and appeal to their defending of freedoms

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

MonkeyFit posted:

Black rifle coffee is doing pretty drat well with this demographic

MonkeyFit
May 13, 2009

MarcusSA posted:

Black rifle coffee is doing pretty drat well with this demographic

I wasn't aware. I figured they were mostly just appealing to younger chuds.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Elviscat posted:

i hate that i understood most of that

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Elviscat posted:

This is every watch for me, see also why I no longer work at sea

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Elviscat posted:

Sailor's Creed? Hard Chargers prefer the Ethos, or maybe singing Anchors Away, including the ~secret verses~.

I'm a Submarine Song man, myself, nowadays.

I made it through twenty years without singing the submarine song or reciting the Sailor's Creed.

I'm fine with this situation.

Not coffee related but I remember when the liquor store on base in Groton sold Thames Best alcohol. I think ten bucks got you a gallon of vodka, whiskey, etc with the sub base logo on the label.

Good times

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
This'll buff out: https://twitter.com/air_intel/status/1748433912903188930

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Can't dock there Mate.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Man sucks the backup camera wasn’t working.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Bang 'or indeed.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

My SWO brain started spazzing out the second that clip started. Were they supposed to moor outboard the Bangor? Why would you go in stern first? :psyduck: Unless its shoal right behind them, I guess. I'm not that familiar with Bahrain's berths.

The best part was the dude at the end of the clip just calmly walking to the berth futzing with his phone.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Crab Dad posted:

Can't dock there Mate.

:golfclap:

Jimmy4400nav
Apr 1, 2011

Ambassador to Moonlandia
See this wouldn't have happened if they' just said the Sailors Creed kept the daily rum ration.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Moored! Shift colors.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Are they using tugs? If so that's a tug fuckup. I can't easily tell due to lovely twitter video compression.

If they were trying to come alongside without help, just what the gently caress were they doing?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Mr. Nice! posted:

Are they using tugs? If so that's a tug fuckup. I can't easily tell due to lovely twitter video compression.

If they were trying to come alongside without help, just what the gently caress were they doing?

Seems rather small for a tug. Did no mention of mechanical issues get announced?

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Crab Dad posted:

Seems rather small for a tug. Did no mention of mechanical issues get announced?

That's what she said?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Stultus Maximus posted:

That's what she said?

Sigh.

I deserved that.

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

A safety-conscious little mouse!

Crab Dad posted:

Did no mention of mechanical issues get announced?

Stultus Maximus posted:

That's what she said?

:hmmyes:

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Perhaps it will not buff out

https://twitter.com/Ian_Fraser/stat...com%2F537291492

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Do Royal Navy sweeps not have bow thrusters?

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Crab Dad posted:

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Broncos are for moving around booms and they are adorable in action.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/JimLaPorta/status/1749493305530806591?t=mvsYG20wwrxV7QF5u4xVpQ&s=19

All I can imagine is the ONI lady investigators just billing for taking women out on dates and then coming back as like, " didn't find any lesbians, just hard working dames. I need more money for dates."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Nick Soapdish posted:

https://twitter.com/JimLaPorta/status/1749493305530806591?t=mvsYG20wwrxV7QF5u4xVpQ&s=19

All I can imagine is the ONI lady investigators just billing for taking women out on dates and then coming back as like, " didn't find any lesbians, just hard working dames. I need more money for dates."

Somebody got shot down hard and squealed in retaliation is my guess.