Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Rauros posted:

my gently caress buddy gained a bunch of weight from his tech job

Turn on your monitor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

that seems excessive only if you aren't familiar with how unbelievably terrible people can be to their pets.

especially with birds. motherfuckers think "oh hay all I need is a cage that's five inches bigger than the bird itself and to put birdseed in every day and then I'll have cheerful tweeting for a few years" and only a few years, if that, because you've condemned a smart animal who needs regular exercise and interaction with its own kind and a diet that's not 50% fat to a sedentary life of lonely misery

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Rauros posted:

So you work from home?

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Rauros posted:

gosh

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Weatherman posted:

especially with birds. motherfuckers think "oh hay all I need is a cage that's five inches bigger than the bird itself and to put birdseed in every day and then I'll have cheerful tweeting for a few years" and only a few years, if that, because you've condemned a smart animal who needs regular exercise and interaction with its own kind and a diet that's not 50% fat to a sedentary life of lonely misery

"Hey, if you're getting a parakeet, please don't use non-stick cookware"

"no"

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

Professor Beetus posted:

"Hey, if you're getting a parakeet, please don't use non-stick cookware"

"no"

if my blood is going to be full of dupont toxins so is that damned bird's

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Weatherman posted:

involuntary goonification

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Ruffian Price posted:

fuckin mood. tech bubble workplace teams have to be mostly staffed by people with a feeding fetish considering the amount of slop they expect you to consume in a workday

what the hell tech company do you work at that has that much food

we get like, one meal, on wednesdays, generally from a healthy place

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Boot and Rally posted:

Where do you work that there is sufficient work food to not starve? Do you know the desks with mints on them and eat 1000 calories of mints a day or something? Maybe you’re a techie?

im in sales, every interaction is a lunch or booze or someone brought donuts

i recognize the irony of posting in cspam while being a profit driving instrument of capitalism but i make up for it by occasionally doing a good post (not this one)

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

that seems excessive only if you aren't familiar with how unbelievably terrible people can be to their pets.

oh no i 100% support people being extremely choosey when it comes to re-homing a pet. the fact they cared about their wee bird that much also re-assured us they had taken care of it before circumstances changed and he had been well cared for. its the exact good kind of crazy we need.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

cat botherer posted:

how many meal delivery startups are there now, jesus

https://youtu.be/i0u21F1zjg4?si=UZ-Ou8P8s3X0J37y

an egg
Nov 17, 2021

GoldStandardConure posted:

when we adopted a sun conure from a family who needed to rehome him, we had 3 interviews with the people so they could be sure he was going to a good home. bird people are insane, sometimes in good ways

but not always
quail people are a breed unto themselves. one family i bought from had ferrets living in the kitchen

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

HashtagGirlboss posted:

The ones where I live don’t sell any live animals (maybe fish?) but that might be a state law thing

Yeah they didn't sell dogs or anything

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

an egg posted:

animals should only be purchased from a strange and passionate individual who can describe each individual specimen's personality, hopes and dreams. even fish

Extremely this

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

I just steal all my pets

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
No that's bad sometimes it's a good pet that gets stolen

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

SniperWoreConverse posted:

No that's bad sometimes it's a good pet that gets stolen

Well obviously I'm not going to steal the bad pets

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Give me back my pets you rear end in a top hat

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

My oldest cat was stolen from a dude who didn't take good care of him, didn't get him fixed, and when his paw got hurt he limped over to my apartment to get help instead of the dude. I took him to the vet and got him all better, addressed his fukken parasites and everything (boy was he ever full of tapeworms), and then when we moved from that apartment I was just like y'know what, he's our cat now, gently caress that guy.

The younger one we found as a kitten at the stray cat colony my wife takes care of and we're not sure if someone dumped him there or if he's the kid of one of the other cats there or what, though they're all spayed/neutered so he probably was just dumped there, so we stole him from nature I guess.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

an egg posted:

animals should only be purchased from a strange and passionate individual who can describe each individual specimen's personality, hopes and dreams. even fish
Petco is going to start using LLMs for this

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Stealing an animal from nature is just another word for domestication

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Stealing an animal from nature is just another word for domestication

that is the aim yes

nature was only going to kill the animal in some horrific drawn out way

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Putting wild cats in home is probably best for everyone including the cats

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

every goddamn day my coworkers seem to have some new meal-in-a-box for lunch and it always just looks like mush that costs a lot.

like just make some rice and chicken yourself Jesus Christ.

Our former cleaner (who takes the same bus to work as me, since they still work at the same place, just not our offices) told me there's a guy at work who always buys kebabs and pizza and poo poo because he's a MAN and MEN DON'T COOK.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Our former cleaner (who takes the same bus to work as me, since they still work at the same place, just not our offices) told me there's a guy at work who always buys kebabs and pizza and poo poo because he's a MAN and MEN DON'T COOK.

Looking at some bodybuilder dude making 28 eggs worth of egg whites before lifting a boat for fun

"Heh, gay"

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Peak manliness is being dependent on your mother to cook for you

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Are the places he buys his food at exclusively staffed by women?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Business Gorillas posted:

Looking at some bodybuilder dude making 28 eggs worth of egg whites before lifting a boat for fun

"Heh, gay"

seems like a thing that my gay bodybuilder cousin-in-law might do, actually

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

500excf type r posted:

Peak manliness is being dependent on your mother to cook for you

I think his mother is in Iran.

Orange Devil posted:

Out of the 40 000 kebab pizzerias in the city I think I've seen women working in two.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Out of the 40 000 kebab pizzerias in the city I think I've seen women working in two.

I don't mean your friend literally, it's a whole bunch of dudes.

Historically "mens guides to being a man" have always placed lots of importance on being able to cook specifically because it is an indication of being able to take care of yourself which is attractive to a potential partner. Not being able to cook is a red flag for "guy that needs a mother because he never learned basic skills" and will always require his partner to be his mother.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
i've joined the war of the genders

on the side of the genders

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

i'm friends with an Iraqi fella and he grew up in a well-to-do family and needed a roommate while he finished his master's in IT or whatever computer toucher program he was in. comp sci? not sure, but he wound up as VP of something and his car was an s-class benz. so the roommate situation was only for a year.

he genuinely had no idea how to operate the dishwasher and flooded the kitchen with bubbles since he used regular dawn dish soap instead of the dishwasher powder/gel (easy mistake if you don't know) or how to cook or do much of anything beyond touching computers because he had women to do the domestic stuff all his life prior. he promptly married his girlfriend shortly after we moved in together- im guessing so he could co-habitate without pissing off his parents and so he didn't burn the kitchen down trying to eat. i cooked quite a bit after we moved in because i did all the cooking in my previous cohabitation situation with my ex and he was fasting for ramadan. he'd order a lot for us otherwise lol

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

3D Megadoodoo posted:

So he's paying money for food prepared by men. who definitionally aren't "real men"?

Gay goulash? Faggotty falafels? Poof pizzas?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Fairy bread.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

queer quiznos

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
The most tough manly men I've ever encountered in my travels were all cooks

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Orange Devil posted:

Gay goulash? Faggotty falafels? Poof pizzas?
one of each please

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Orange Devil posted:

If you're cooking you're a woman by definition, I guess.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

500excf type r posted:

I don't mean your friend literally, it's a whole bunch of dudes.

Historically "mens guides to being a man" have always placed lots of importance on being able to cook specifically because it is an indication of being able to take care of yourself which is attractive to a potential partner. Not being able to cook is a red flag for "guy that needs a mother because he never learned basic skills" and will always require his partner to be his mother.

Being able to cook but forcing women to do it for you makes you even more manly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice
asking these men to learn to cook takes time away that could be spent creating content telling others how manly they are.